Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Cold?`

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> The Cold?`
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2020 0:20:19   
Kajimaru

the new nightbane boss is immune to the cold....but i didnt know we had access to the cold o.0? since when?
AQ  Post #: 1
12/13/2020 8:46:43   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Canonically, the Chosen is not a wielder of The Cold, as that would trivialize countless possible conflicts. There is a combat-only mechanical version as a status effect, inflicted by some items and emulated by others..
Post #: 2
12/13/2020 12:44:11   
Kurtz96

Does the canonical cold do something different? Cause lowering BtH and blocking doesn't seem to trivialize anything when you can paralyze/petrify/freeze monsters to stop them from moving entirely. I mean nuke bloodmage/bloodzerker have trivialized the game for me more than any status effect.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
12/14/2020 14:41:17   
Heroes of the Scape

@above: I believe that canonically The Cold saps you of all will. It is very difficult to overcome it. Our own character was heavily affected by it on a few occasions. The most severe of which was against The Galin himself. Look at the quest The Final Battle for how it affected us. I believe that when we became The Chosen it made us either immune to it's effects or able to overcome them easier.
AQ  Post #: 4
12/17/2020 15:03:34   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

The Cold magnifies mental processes, so long of course as they exist to begin with. Network agents who achieved some proficiency with this discipline typically employed it to subjugate or subvert their targets. This power cannot override free will, but it's an extremely powerful tool for coercion. That being said, not all of its uses are harmful - Amilara Celegra uses it to restore the Chosen's fighting spirit, and there are places where its application is strictly medicinal.

The Chosen has no immunity to this effect. Resistance is extremely rare, being generally indicative of an uncompromising process that the user failed to account for: Myr is a particularly unique case, whose fanaticism for the Water Lord allowed for a convincing ruse of pretending to have been corrupted while having in fact resisted the effect.
Post #: 5
12/19/2020 20:39:46   
Kajimaru

so is there any spells or abilities that make use of "the cold"? if so what are they?
AQ  Post #: 6
12/20/2020 3:12:18   
Question Mark?

Summon Mirror Ryuusei stacks the Cold with his attacks, from Bizarre Flecks saga. Smith's Sunglasses from the Devourer Saga Finale is supposed to let you use the Cold if you're sufficiently Evil Aligned, but I don't think it ever got updated to use the new system, so it just gives -Accuracy and -MRM I think.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> The Cold?`
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition