Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/15/2021 11:33:02   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Home Page: http://www.battleon.com

--------

Z-Token Bonus
Z-Token packages give up to 25% more Z-Tokens - Extended for a limited time!

--------

Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air:
The counter for days without Uncle Sham incidents is oddly high. He seems to have been busy at home and... taken up archery? It's not TOO strange for Blarney, but the arrows kind of smell like that one love potion... Has anyone seen Warlic? They say all is fair in love and war, but with those two on a collision course... Uh oh.

--------

Digi-tagged! -Digital X

< Message edited by Digital X -- 3/16/2021 13:14:58 >
Post #: 1
3/15/2021 13:36:09   
Zennistrad

Oh god Wabio's back

What madness have you wrought, Cray
AQ  Post #: 2
3/15/2021 13:40:49   
Xander_Raze

I'm quite horrified at the potential of seeing Sham shirtless again. Not to mention the prospect of a shirtless Warlic to burn my eyes out
Post #: 3
3/15/2021 13:49:03   
RobynJoanne

@Xander
The absolute stud that is Wabio will burn all other images from your brain, for he is truly without equal.
Post #: 4
3/15/2021 14:30:32   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Let the pain begin! I've been waiting for this moment since before Love Sham was first unleashed upon the world. As you can see, he was successfully contained during Snugglefest once again, but there have been some... consequences that will be thoroughly booking the schedule for the usual Leprechaunian war efforts.

Now, in the interests of transparency: This will indeed be a competitive war!

While I've been collecting feedback for some time, I wrote this story well before it was compiled into a cohesive form, so not all of it will be reflected in this event. I've seen a lot of good ideas and came up with things to encourage a healthy competition without concerns about fairness nor an incentive to just pile on the winning side before the first percentile point is reached. However, plenty of those require Cap'n input, so they will take time to properly evaluate. Hopefully this war will provide good data to inform development!

As of what you can expect: There will be two sides representing whom you are attacking after being caught in the crossfire. Lovefire? No, that sounds both purple and unhealthy. I can't disclose any mechanical details as of yet, but I can say that neither side needs to worry about missing out on any rewards!

Therefore, feel free to simply pick your favorite target and go wild! Are big rewards not your thing? Well, there is always spite as a powerful motivator. If you have to deal with the mental images, you may as well take it out on the source. Or make other people share your suffering.
Post #: 5
3/16/2021 7:51:29   
Mike Dragonblade

Gotta say Cray seems really exciting about this.

Edit: I love it too, btw.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
3/18/2021 10:10:25   
Bolter

Hmm I wonder if there is time for them to update some old past Blarney Rewards such as Clovemore, Shelayleigh and maybe even Blarney themed items such as Clover Axe & Luck Leecher Clover Cleaver?
AQ  Post #: 7
3/19/2021 14:46:19   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

...and the war is live! For the 2500 win variants of the armors, if you hit 2500 wins for either side you will be given the winning side's variant of the armor after the war ends.
AQ  Post #: 8
3/19/2021 15:32:24   
stuart

@ Hollow

Tried refreshing browser but I can see the war in events...but cannot see it in my house?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
3/19/2021 15:38:45   
Lord Markov

Estates are disabled for this war to avoid having one side run away with the win.
AQ  Post #: 10
3/19/2021 15:39:44   
Sir Cloud

Guess it's time to pick a side for some individual wins since this is the first Blarney War where Estates are shut out.

Perhaps a solution to competitive wars would be to simply have 2 meters going for each side, 1 for Individual and 1 for Estates since wars tend to have covert/small incursions as well as massive troop battlefronts ya know. Essentially two-front wars all part of the same campaign so to speak. The winning side could still be decided by whichever individual meter reaches 100% first + Estates can be used as well. A Win Win.
AQ  Post #: 11
3/19/2021 15:40:32   
stuart

Oh...nice...Not...disspointed with that decision
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
3/19/2021 15:47:52   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

quote:

Estates are disabled for this war to avoid having one side run away with the win.

Correct, estates have been temporarily disabled to avoid one side just outspending the other.
AQ  Post #: 13
3/19/2021 15:48:10   
Ashmander

How many paintings this time? And I'd reset my 6th character. But I have titles and faces. That I don't want to lose. Ether way I'm excited for this event.
Post #: 14
3/19/2021 15:52:51   
stuart

Oh well. No estate action. I will just wait until it is finished then and see what is in the shop.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
3/19/2021 17:53:49   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Alright, folks. All major release bugs should be reined in now. However, a specific bug resulted in a window of time during which estates were enabled, and armies were sent during this period.

We're looking into discounting these wins from the total to preserve the competition's integrity. We are also looking into ways to keep estates active during competitive wars without being unfair to either side. However, if players feel like this has already skewed perception of which side has an advantage, we could zero out the meters.

This would NOT impact recorded wins nor invalidate any player's progress towards earning any of the variant rewards. It would only reset the meters.

In addition, so that the wasted hours aren't a discouragement, we could reduce the total amount of waves to defeat. Currently, it takes a million total victories for either meter to fill up. We could shorten that as well.

I would like to ask what you think about each possibility.

• Should we reset the meters? Again, this will NOT affect your personal win counts.

• Should we shorten the total required wins this time?
  • Post #: 16
    3/19/2021 18:12:14   
    PD

Ideally, we'd get a re-vamp of the army-sending UI and the trade hut UI so that:

1. We can use all our resources to send a huge payload at once instead of sending it a wave at a time.

2. We can trade all the resources at once instead of 1 transaction at a time.

3. The dropdown is not selected by default to prevent 1 side in a mulit-sided war from profiteering.

The sumamry of these changes being that it simplifies the transactions and prevents the players from just sending the button, instead forcing them to be more cautious and actually have them exercise the decision.

But for now I'd be okay with resetting the meters. This would also extend the window for us to be able to get to 2500 wins.
    Post #: 17
    3/19/2021 18:37:40   
    Xander_Raze

I found a bug and sent you a PM about it, Cray.

Everyone else, try avoiding the use of the "return to camp" button while fighting waves in the war for now
    Post #: 18
    3/19/2021 18:54:58   
    kamikazi008

What's the purpose of this toggle to disable Momentum?

Is it for players who want a challenge? Or is it the work of Loco?
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
    3/19/2021 19:22:49   
    PD

For some builds you actually want to get hit and take damage (backlash). Also helps with goldlining for the purpose of reaching that 2500 threshold.
    Post #: 20
    3/19/2021 19:43:32   
    kamikazi008

I see. It's pretty neat that it was implemented, though I really shouldn't have hit it while at full momentum. >_>
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    3/19/2021 20:18:43   
      Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

To anyone having the bug where you click the "X" to return to camp, this is known and IMR is looking into a fix.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    3/20/2021 9:54:48   
    Veleqwii_Fox

Wow 2500 wins for the rewards. I'm at 500 and I'm super tired lol

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 3/20/2021 9:57:15 >
    Post #: 23
    3/20/2021 13:05:01   
    Sir Cloud

Another way to keep competitive wars "competitive" might be to simply remove the Resource GGB purchases from the Game during Wars already. This has always been the #1 issue/concern for having fair wars ever since it was implemented a few years ago. We wouldn't have this shutting down of our Estates to prevent a one sided victory like what happened with the Vampire v. Werewolves campaign to begin with if these Resource GGBs would've just been removed.

This is the first time for a Blarney War to have Estates removed from normal participation and it will no doubt take quite a bit longer to complete now that they have been shut out. Oh and limiting us to only 1 war-wave win per Mega World Portal Army send is like a punishment for one of the primary investment reasons for owning a fully operational Estate system to begin with.
    AQ  Post #: 24
    3/20/2021 13:26:24   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

Given how extensively this has been clarified across multiple channels of communication, I would like to put the recent changes in the plainest of terms:

• As a patchwork measure, estates can participate in the competitive war. Sending armies only results in one victory, as you just noticed, but you are still receiving the normal rewards as you would for the multiple waves. Functionality is not altered for non-competitive wars.

The estates are still an advantage, but now one that can be matched more easily. Fully developed estates are not an overwhelmingly one that compromises the integrity of a competition by providing thousands of wins to one side at the start. We can't have them creating a foregone conclusion through an insurmountable early lead that encourages piling onto the inevitable victor.

This specific execution is a stopgap measure. One of the various points of feedback that we simply didn't have time to implement before this war was to find a way to keep estates active without being unfair. A more thorough execution will have to wait for a future war, but I'm confident that you will enjoy it.
  • Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air
    Page 1 of 512345>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition