Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2021 0:34:21   
PD

Finally got my 2500 wins. First time I've ever really gone out of my way to do that but I'm done at last.
Post #: 51
3/23/2021 20:24:57   
xDeathlordx

Just a couple things. I kinda miss fighting leprechauns. I was really looking forward to this war and busting out my leppy killing machine since I have the week off. Some how it just doesn't feel right without them. Also, ever since4 flash died and I was forced to go to the game launcher, the lag is sooo bad even on low res graphics. I really can't even war anymore.
AQ  Post #: 52
3/24/2021 2:04:14   
dragonofchaos

can anyone explain to me why the guardian tower is the leaning guardian tower of battleon in the background of at least one of the battle locations?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
3/24/2021 9:00:30   
Heroes of the Scape

quote:

Just a couple things. I kinda miss fighting leprechauns. I was really looking forward to this war and busting out my leppy killing machine since I have the week off. Some how it just doesn't feel right without them. Also, ever since4 flash died and I was forced to go to the game launcher, the lag is sooo bad even on low res graphics. I really can't even war anymore.

Nothing says they won't show up later. There have been plenty of wars where the monster pool changed at a checkpoint. For the lag, try making your gaming window smaller. It takes fewer resources than a larger window and runs faster. That's what I do. I only full screen for the cutscenes.

quote:

can anyone explain to me why the guardian tower is the leaning guardian tower of battleon in the background of at least one of the battle locations?

I've got 2 theories:
1) It's always been this way and we never noticed
2) Perspective. Could be that at those scenes we are fighting on a slight incline so it appears at an angle.
AQ  Post #: 54
3/24/2021 9:16:51   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I'd definitely recommend shrinking down the Game Launcher window, works wonders for me on DF. Try it out and let me know.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
3/24/2021 12:05:38   
Mike Dragonblade

quote:

Can anyone explain to me why the guardian tower is the leaning guardian tower of battleon in the background of at least one of the battle locations?

Maybe its upright and you are on a slope with a camera fixing the point of view for us.
AQ DF  Post #: 56
3/24/2021 21:04:07   
xDeathlordx

Resizing the window makes no difference at all. That never worked for flash either for those that had issues with it. it's the same amount of processing going on either way. It seems to be much worse for certain monster like that new umazen guy and a couple others. Certain guests are a problem too like mogdin for some reason. Though not really using guests ATM anyway.
AQ  Post #: 57
3/25/2021 2:53:34   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Well, might have just been that one fight in DF then, apologies.

Most likely due to the animations if it's slowing down.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/25/2021 11:12:52   
doomas

Quick question ,

I'm seeing backlash after every hit from the mobs, I have nothing equipped to cause it.
I have Angra Linnorm in active inventory though ,so my question is is does it cause backlash by just being in my setup
or is it just something they built into the war. Was wondering if it was a bug or not.
Thanks .

EDIT: by the way , I am not using Angra Linnorm to battle with. its just in my inventory.

< Message edited by doomas -- 3/25/2021 11:26:45 >
AQ  Post #: 59
3/25/2021 18:49:32   
PD

The first cutscene is here.

Maybe Wabio is the worse bad guy after all?
Post #: 60
3/25/2021 21:15:12   
Veleqwii_Fox

@doomas: I experienced a similar thing before, it's probably a bug

--

Last night I checked the war meter was only 24%, now I wake up it's already at 34%. I should hurry up and get that 2500 kills
Post #: 61
3/26/2021 4:16:57   
joac1144

@doomas and @Veleqwii_Fox
Angra Linnorm is bugged. If you have had it out as your active pet and you then hide it/take it away, then you still get the backlash effect. Get another pet out and the effect should disappear again.

quote:

Last night I checked the war meter was only 24%, now I wake up it's already at 34%. I should hurry up and get that 2500 kills

It's been 3 days since it was at 24%. https://aqknightsofdiscord.herokuapp.com/wargraph?id=1043
AQ  Post #: 62
3/26/2021 11:26:23   
doomas

@ joac1144^
That was the problem my friend. Tested it out and that was the case.
Thanks so much. It was a mystery I couldn't solve.
AQ  Post #: 63
3/27/2021 10:49:22   
Veleqwii_Fox

@joac1144 Oh I must have read the wrong war percentage. I had a character just recently exit the war (after being in for several days), and it displayed 14% lol
Post #: 64
3/30/2021 7:03:36   
subsailor

It seems that the fairness principal of not allowing full use of the attack frmies from the house resources has proven to be a blunder. If it does not matter which side wins, then why limit the house attacks to 1 kill? The end result is a 3-4 week war, which no one likes. Improvements are fine, but you need to think of the consequences of these "improvements"
Post #: 65
3/30/2021 11:01:04   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

As it was stated repeatedly, to the point where perhaps it should be its own post, this is strictly a stopgap measure for this war only. We have not had the chance to implement an actual upgrade to the estate functionality that allows estate owners to, for an example of how fairness might be achieved, send an equal amount of waves to both sides of a competitive war. This would require Rhubarb's help, and he's a rather busy man.

Community feedback alone disproves the notion of the slowdown being strictly the result of temporary changes to estate contribution, especially given that the wave counter was reduced by more than what estates typically contribute to any given war.

The tremendous amount of bugs that hit us on the first few days made contribution uncertain, and kept us focused on fixing those technical issues while letting a grave matter slide: A severely skewed mob pool balance. You are free to attribute this issue to me, as I said the pool looked fine without verifying whether or not there had been time to implement a requested change that would have balanced it. This was unfair to everyone involved, both the player base and my teammates.

Consequently, the improved activity enabled by fixes and initial technical improvements was slowly flattened by the wall of stun-inflicting mobs that one side had to deal with. Perhaps, rather than poll for player preferences, we should have quickly reset the war with a different pool and an even smaller counter, as the voting period itself resulted in enough time passing without expected change for attrition to set in.
Post #: 66
3/30/2021 18:58:37   
I Overlord I

quote:

It seems that the fairness principal of not allowing full use of the attack frmies from the house resources has proven to be a blunder. If it does not matter which side wins, then why limit the house attacks to 1 kill? The end result is a 3-4 week war, which no one likes. Improvements are fine, but you need to think of the consequences of these "improvements"

For worse or for worse, most of the prominent warmongers have unanimously picked a side. Even though the result of this decision will be far from ideal, at least Sham gets beat up. Badly. And in a relatively timely manner. Small mercies...

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 67
3/30/2021 19:06:37   
PD

On the bright side the war is providing a great opportunity to overcap on gold for way longer than would normally be possible due to how slow this is going. I generally care less about the waves and more about the actual gold coming in and right now I'm able to regularly go 30-50% over the daily gold cap.

EDIT: was about to say that I was really annoyed about how a lot of the enemies in the Sham pool (particularly, emorian and frogzard knights) would stun you for a rediculous amount of time, which while not lethal, certainly were annoying and unfun to play against as you watched the enemy bash you unanswered for minutes on end. Glad they were taken out of the pool.

< Message edited by PD -- 3/30/2021 19:16:13 >
Post #: 68
3/31/2021 12:05:12   
Macho Man

I finally made it to 2500 wins. I have never done this before so I assume that I'm going to get an exclusive cosmetic version of the war rewards in my inventory at some point?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
3/31/2021 16:00:15   
s_venom

@Macho Man - you should get the mentioned prizes after the war ends.
AQ DF  Post #: 70
4/1/2021 4:41:12   
korytarecz

@s_venom

Do I need to have free slots to receive rewards?
Post #: 71
4/1/2021 7:40:38   
joac1144

the kill rewards are usually given out 5-10 days after the war has ended

@korytarecz
no
you get the special rewards regardless of your inventory space
AQ  Post #: 72
4/3/2021 9:13:48   
Mike Dragonblade

I just wanted to say that please never change the knights capabilities to status effects stun you for ages, it's such an annoying enemy type that it add diversity to the monster pool, because there aren't many times the player gets to be stunned outside of bosses. Of course, they shouldn't be the only type of monsters to face, but as a part of the whole, it's a big plus!

AQ DF  Post #: 73
4/3/2021 13:15:17   
OG Ranger

I second this. We need more monsters with effects that actually do something outside of bosses.
AQ  Post #: 74
4/4/2021 1:52:10   
RobynJoanne

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but it's quite different in a war. Before one ramps up to 100 Momentum and becomes practically untouchable, knights can be a serious pain to fight. Warring is an inherently boring and tedious process; let's not make it take even longer than it needs. Admittedly, defeating 100 waves is not particularly significant in the long run, but anything that makes warring more difficult and time-consuming is only going to discourage players from warring actively.

I do support the idea of more monster mechanics in other areas, especially questing. I love the status system and the ability it brings to completely change fights based on the context of a quest.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Blarney War 2021 - Love Is In The Air
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition