Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Necromancer Class Armor Testing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Necromancer Class Armor Testing
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/31/2021 10:44:42   
Bu Kek Siansu

Home Page: http://www.battleon.com

http://www.battleon.com/aq-tokens.asp

Summer Z-Token Package Bonus
Receive up to 30% more bonus Z-Tokens!

Necromancer Class Armor Testing:
It's time to experiment with a completely new method of Necromancy! This week, you'll be able to take the first five skills of the upcoming Necromancer revamp for a spin, revisiting classics such as Fear and Undead Giant along with the start of an all new array of undead summons! Also, for anyone looking to add some style to their freshly-reanimated minion, there will be new custom coloring functionality as well as minion armor sets for your Misc slots.

Digi-tagged! -Digital X

< Message edited by Digital X -- 5/31/2021 11:11:52 >
Post #: 1
5/31/2021 11:03:58   
RobynJoanne

HYPE! Fear brings some serious nostalgia of fighting unbeatables by lowering their MRM to -100, and Undead Giant carried me through my early days in AQ. I can't wait to see what the staff's modern take will be like.
Post #: 2
5/31/2021 11:14:24   
Biokirkby

Yees, yeeeesss! Rise, my minions!

I've been waiting for this since I fought the Paladins in the war. Customisable summons, too? It's more than I dared hope for...
DF AQW  Post #: 3
5/31/2021 13:11:08   
Sapphire

-Cry-
Just bought two 12k token packages TWO days ago!
Post #: 4
5/31/2021 13:53:24   
Kurtz96

So excited. Necromancer was my most used class in the game. Spamming undead mutant with iron thorn shield as a proto "nuke" was my go to move when I was a nood.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
5/31/2021 14:28:58   
Inferno369

Hyped! Definitely more on the Necromancer's side during the war so I'm excited to see where the revamp goes.

Hopefully it's like Paladin where there's different flavors for different builds and different high level variants at the end.
AQ  Post #: 6
5/31/2021 14:38:06   
PD

I guess unlike paladin necromancer won’t be all that useable by warriors huh? That is going to be a little sad
Post #: 7
5/31/2021 15:55:00   
Biokirkby

Hard to say. I thought Paladin would be for the Hybrids exclusively as well...
DF AQW  Post #: 8
5/31/2021 19:46:38   
Zennistrad

quote:

Hopefully it's like Paladin where there's different flavors for different builds and different high level variants at the end.

I think that's likely.

I have a feeling that, because of the focus put on the "Undead Minion," the variants of the Necromancer will be split between a "main" variant that uses INT and CHA, a variant that uses pure INT, and a variant that uses pure CHA.
AQ  Post #: 9
6/3/2021 16:06:51   
Shiba

I'm psyched for this! Wonder how us Necromancers will find back our connection to... Necromantic magic?
AQ  Post #: 10
6/3/2021 16:11:48   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

This is a huge project folks so we are looking at a later release than usual, I will keep you updated!

If you haven't seen her yet, Lae tweeted a very nice updated Kaley Obsidia using some of Oishii's original concept.
AQ  Post #: 11
6/3/2021 16:19:23   
Zennistrad

quote:

Wonder how us Necromancers will find back our connection to... Necromantic magic?

Funny thing, I think there might actually be a clue about this in the Paladin questline for last year, as well as in the mechanics of the new Paladin class.

Notice how many new Paladin abilities trigger off of undead and demons? That seems odd, given that slaying Demons was never the Paladin Order's forte before.

Let's just say I have a feeling that some former members of the Order of the Mantle might be taking on a few very steep debts soon.
AQ  Post #: 12
6/3/2021 16:48:13   
PD

Interesting on the art. Kaley looks much fuller than she used to. No more sunken cheeks and eyes. And the face doesn’t seem to be as angsty as before. Tomix also seemed to have done his take on Kaley on that same Twitter thread but he kept the same sunken eyes and facial expression.

< Message edited by PD -- 6/3/2021 16:51:03 >
Post #: 13
6/3/2021 16:53:59   
J9408

I don't get a dark feel from her though. She feels...bright. I think that is the word for it?

quote:

It could be explained by the way she's gotten her necromancer powers back. Perhaps, this new way rejuvenates its users. Regardless, Kaley never struck me as an angsty individual personality-wise.

That is an interesting explanation. "New" life.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 6/3/2021 17:05:18 >
Post #: 14
6/3/2021 16:57:11   
RobynJoanne

It could be explained by the way she's gotten her necromancer powers back. Perhaps, this new way rejuvenates its users. Regardless, Kaley never struck me as an angsty individual personality-wise.
Post #: 15
6/3/2021 17:32:39   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Art changes don't necessarily entail major in-lore changes. In this case, it's primarily an update rather than a change in what Kaley looks like in-character, beyond her justifiably being in better health nowadays.
Post #: 16
6/3/2021 20:03:08   
Kurtz96

Now that I can see a bigger image of her, I noticed Kayley has her stomach exposed. Is she showing off her abs? lol
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
6/4/2021 14:53:13   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Still working away, this is looking good for Saturday.

Pridesmatic Yoyo has returned to the LTS!

Update: The minion customization is fairly complicated so we need to keep the class armor as basic as possible. This means the class armor will not have any skills and the major focus for testing will be on your minion: the color options and the minion armor set functionality.

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 6/4/2021 15:00:32 >
AQ  Post #: 18
6/4/2021 15:07:13   
Macho Man

Sorry for the confusion Hollow but does this mean that this weeks release of the first 5 levels won't have any skills or the entirety of the class won't have them? Still excited for the release, I love how unique this is shaping out to be!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/4/2021 17:14:26   
joac1144

quote:

Necromancer itself will have skills. The above message refers to the test version.

From Cray.
AQ  Post #: 20
6/4/2021 19:02:48   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

I’ve created a mock-up of what I believe players would actually like to see from an updated Necromancer class. I tried to remain true to the original version's playstyle while adding something new and exciting to mix it up. Staff, it’s not too late to can this rework and switch over to my version!

Check it out!

AQ AQW  Post #: 21
6/4/2021 19:05:39   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

How did I not see that coming!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/4/2021 19:53:26   
Macho Man

Thanks Joac! Man I do remember the days of spamming undead mutant with CIT, such good memories. I hope undead mutant comes back strong for this update! But I'm so interested in the minion feature.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/4/2021 20:42:06   
RobynJoanne

@Solarboy
I'll have you know that I actually used Fear fairly regularly against bosses. One skill should be Fear. The rest is completely accurate to the true Necromancer experience.
Post #: 24
6/5/2021 1:48:39   
Kurtz96

Undead Mutant, my first "nuke" from before I knew what nuke meant.
Back then I think I always used Necromancer as my armor, I don't think I switched out at all from when I first trained up necromancer to level 80 or so. So nostalgic.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Necromancer Class Armor Testing
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition