Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Build advice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Build advice
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2021 21:29:47   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Just so yall know, I totally think that my last question is gonna be my last, I keep being wrong lol. I digress

Character page

I'm trying to decide between vampire and werewolf. I started with vampire and switched to Luna Neko once I realized that the DEX and LUK drives give the slightly subpar defenses top quality defenses. However due to my new builds ability to get consistently extremely high defense buffs by virtue of having high CHA with the bun-bannerets, its not completely untouchable, but its dang good. This means that I dont have to have armors solely focused on defense (like Neko) and can focus more on offense (like Vampire or Werewolf). Additionally at this point, no more CHA will give me more defense and any other forms of defense buff statuses are redundant, which means I can focus on other stats.

With Vampire:
Pros:
• INT and CHA drives cost MP instead of SP, which means miscs or SP version of bun bannerett can be used and won't progressively deplete SP
• Convenient CHA boost to reach max effect of bannerets can be achieved without a misc and with less cost to MP (47) than a misc cost to SP (73)
• Convenient INT boost to boost damage and accuracy that helps weapons the regen MP to help sustain all things that are draining MP
Cons:
• Pretty much stuck using weapons that regen MP
• Has to use a misc for DEX boost that will progressively drain SP unless switching to MP version of banneret (which would put even more strain on MP drain)

Werewolf:
Pros:
• Sunburst Amulet gives both +50 DEX and CHA meaning that I can both max effects of bannerets and a boost in DEX to replace that which I sacrificed for LUK to have a bit of initiative
• Convenient DEX boost which gives additional accuracy and defense that extra CHA wouldn't provide and that vampire doesn't have access to
Cons:
• Theoretically significant SP drain from DEX drive, misc, and guest (can be compensated by using MP version of guest, but will have to use MP regen weapons as well)
• Will have to use misc to max defense buff from bannerets (not that its absolutely necessary)
• Misses the ability of the INT drive for more damage

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/2/2021 21:47:38 >
Post #: 1
6/3/2021 0:20:45   
Sapphire

I personally have always favored mage builds, because in my opinion, versatility equals surviveability. So by having MP, you can use it, or use weapons.
In addition, MP healing is far more plentiful than SP healing.

Probably here are the strongest MP healing I have personally used.
1. Dragonlord armor + shield + magic weapon, and you can heal a TON of MP. If you are able, try and get Arms of Dragonguard Spell. Even if you dont land any shots, your next turn all your hits are lucky strikes. (I am a lucky beastmage and rely on stun-lock with my pets/guests rather than trying to spend 5 minutes buffing my blocking, though I'll admit blocking builds probably do better vs bosses)
~An all lucky strike with some offense boosts using the FSB on dragonlord yields fantastic MP heal....literally like you can go from none to full in some occasions.

2. Summon Essence of Carnage- This guest is not as great for blocking builds, as it's backlash toggle obviously relies on being hit, but on the other hand on the MP heal toggle, it increases the damage of your spells for every turn you do not cast a spell, or it heals MP based on magic weapon damage done...and again, in certain instances, buffs/hypercrit you can MP heal 2-4 spell casts worth.
Then, if you COMBINE dragonlord and this guest, it gets crazy on the MP heal.Full heal 1-2 turns or close if you want.
The summon essence of carnage guest to me is crazy good. You cast a spell or 2 or 3. Then you use weapon attacks, that HEAL your MP WHILE buffing your spells for your next cast. Rinse, repeat.

And this system might be better for a blocking build as you will be less careful about your armor resistance. Jut block the hit...you could in theory STAY in dragonlord gear, chaos prime orb the mobs resistances to a favorable set, and just cast spells, heal MP and rinse/repeat all while blocking attacks.

3. War Totem- ( Not sure its obtainable right now) Has potential, but I usually don't carry it in my active inventory. I will break it out on specific monsters, but for I think 490 SP, clicking it damage monster MP and basically acts like an MP siphon. (harm damage) Some mobs with a lot of MP and can really siphon some MP back.

Ever try Summon Mogdin on paralyze mode? Who needs blocking whn they mob never attacks you lol

Btw, I hate boss effects

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 6/3/2021 0:21:39 >
Post #: 2
6/3/2021 0:29:18   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

So it sounds like you're suggesting Vampire and just use other things that would make me vulnerable to taking damage just to upkeep the MP drain?

Dodging instead of stun/paralyze locking enemies is better since blocking regens my SP as well as.. its how I role play my character.

Replacing one of the bun banneretts would severely nerf my dodging capabilities thus making the whole build useless.
Post #: 3
6/3/2021 21:19:16   
Sapphire

I am just saying replacing the guest version for 1 turn, maybe 2 turns to gain MP back while damaging the monster might be a worthy trade-off, then switch back.

If you stay in the FSB dragonlord stuff you'll be healing MP at fantastic levels and still keep up your blocking pet/guest.

Another option might be the siphon spell thats currently a GGB UR, as I have seen it heal very well in some videos with some specific boosts and generalist robes or mancer armors.

If you're keen on keeping blocking, not unlike everyone else, there are occasional sacrifices to be made on gear selection or even just based on a turn or two. To me it makes it more fun, rather than spamming the exact same playstyle and exact same items. Everyones different and thats ok.

Vampire mesmerize might grant you a free turn to switch to heal the MP

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 6/3/2021 21:21:22 >
Post #: 4
6/4/2021 0:04:22   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

So I tried the generalist's robes + Siphon (a bit upset that I forgot about the dragon arms guaranteed lucky hit spell), and I have to say..........

What the heck was that?...... 1700 MP, really???
I mean.. do I really even need the essence of carnage guest at that point?

I mean, here i am STRUGGLING to put this whole rogue build together, make it work, and be effective.. and mages can just do this stuff casually..

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/4/2021 0:12:39 >
Post #: 5
6/4/2021 1:00:25   
Sapphire

Yeah I finally decided to gamble and just got the twisted siphon. With generalists it is pretty good. Without, it's not good at all.

What I like doing, is mesmerize two turns, usually get at least one. Then spam prime chaos orb until Im forced to do something. I usually get to 8 or higher power then I'll be ready.

I use summon Mogdin and he gets a paralyze at an epic clip, and fu-dog who petrifies at an epic clip. I like to use murderetor gauntlet or moldy basilia bread as a misc after I shadowfeeder for celerity.

And while the monster is on stun-lock, I start to spam attack/cast for crazy damage due to PCO.

And the siphon heal amount is niiiiiiiiice with generalists and a powered up PCO.

Now, I wonder...is there a misc or anything that makes the monster weaker to harm?

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 6/4/2021 1:10:02 >
Post #: 6
6/4/2021 1:20:31   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

The only thing that I can think of is the zfinity Gauntlet (I think power) that inflicts elemental vulnerability.

Since I needed a fire armor (and while it's defenses aren't that great) I ended up going with the pyromancer bloodmage (I knew it was smart to hang onto an extra one).
I combined this with the runic binding (spell) and got similar MP regen as the generalist robes without the crazy SP cost.

Though with the use of the runic binding spell and super MP regen, it is about equal. Though since they aren't on the same turn, I could technically strategies with PR or doray/fathertime shield(s)

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/4/2021 1:25:56 >
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Build advice
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition