Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= June 11th Design Notes: Book 3: The Royal Resistance: Broken Circuit (Part 2)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= June 11th Design Notes: Book 3: The Royal Resistance: Broken Circuit (Part 2)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/11/2021 21:11:29   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Book 3: The Royal Resistance: Broken Circuit (Part 2)

Hey there, heroes!

This week, we return to Book 3's main story! Last time, after a confrontation with King Thorin of the Manufactory, the stage appeared to be set to bring the Doomwood rift under control.

Until disaster struck.

With the Golden Hand out cold, the Doomwood rift threatens to remain open, continuing to exert its elemental influence on the surrounding area.

But meanwhile, in another part of the continent, the rifts aren't waiting for heroes...

Head over to Queen Victoria in Book 3 Swordhaven to play this week's release: Broken Circuit (Part 2)!

Please note, unless things explode next week, there will be one final quest in The Royal Resistance, tying together this chapter and the next of the Greenguard Alliance!

We hope you look forward to it!

This week also sees the release of game version 15.1.00!

Introducing Game Modes!

Adventure Mode has been added to the options menu.

This new mode reduces all enemy damage by half. It's perfect for those who aren't quite as enthusiastic about combat in the game, or if you're struggling against a particular story boss.

It only affects enemy damage, so you still have to try to learn mechanics, but it should be a welcome boost to anyone who wants it.

Doomed Mode has replaced Hard Mode in the options menu.

Hard Mode gave the impression that it was somewhat fair, or something to try to get good enough for, when in reality, it was just unfair health and damage scaling on enemies.

The new name and description reflects its nature much better.

(That said, a revamp to Doomed Mode systems and effects to make it... fun is still in the works.)

So, you want to learn more about Game Modes?

Game Modes are Dragon Amulet only features. If you want to use them, you'll need a Dragon Amulet.

Game Modes are saved between sessions on the same device.

Game Modes do not affect gold or exp or any other rewards from quests or battles in any way.

Game Modes can be switched on or off at any time outside of battles (so if you attempt a fight and fail, you can swap game modes if you wish).

Adventure Mode is suppressed in fights that the player is intended to lose (Thankfully fewer of those in recent years), the Inn at the Edge of Time challenges, Yllmar (open world challenge), and Aeris Battlespire PvP.

Adventure Mode and Doomed Mode are indicated by an icon next to the Book of Lore on the UI.

Completing a battle in Adventure Mode or Doomed Mode will also have a corresponding icon appear under the Continue button.

And that's about all there is to know about Game Modes!

Also this week, we have some fixes and changes!
  • The Victory screen has had a little bit of a makeover, with "OK" replaced by "Continue", and the addition of the Game Mode icon when applicable.
  • The "Full Screen" button has been removed from the Options screen, as it was nonfunctional in the launcher. (If you'd like to play with a bigger screen, you can adjust the launcher's window size manually)
  • Fixed some bugs with the Doomed Reality challenge.
    • Draco's Antipolarity mechanic now removes Boost when satisfied, rather than Crit (previously it was nonfunctional).
    • Draco's "Shred" now only applies +25 Health. (Previously, was intended to apply -25 All, but this has been removed).
    • Fixed a bug in Fallen Purpose, where defeating one of the foes with a DoT effect would prevent "Asymbiotic Doom Phase" from triggering.
    • In Fallen Purpose, when one foe is defeated, "Asymbiotic Doom Phase" will now deal 5% of the player's health, up from 2.5%.
    • In phase 2, both Draco and S.M.U.D.D. will gain +50 Bonus during their Purpose buffs.
  • Fixed some bugs in the Inevitable Equilibrium challenge.
    • Hatir and Dolaas now properly do a multi-element laser rather than Good/Evil.
    • Hatir's "Aura of Creation" effect no longer overwrites itself.
    • Dolaas's "Hardened Scales" now properly applies to both foes.
    • Hatir's "Fury Eye" now properly applies to both foes.
  • Fixed a case where DeathKnight's "Edge of Death" could be bypassed.
  • Fixed an error where Doomed Reality's board would lead to Dreamspace rather than Change of Heart.
  • Screenshots that were submitted on Twitter have (finally) been added to DragonFable's new website!

And that's all for this week! We have lots planned for the rest of this month, and we hope you'll join us in looking forward to everything to come!

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
6/11/2021 21:20:20   
Laeon val Observis

Amazing release.
spoiler:

The future is now, in the worst ways possible. If the Magesterium are not exaggerating about the rift closure issue, the routes are definitely making it certain that Jaania's most uncertain ambition become even more inevitable. On the light side, if things don't go as horrific as my anime-grade multiversal route analysis says, having access to the Plains/Wastes will definitely usher in a new era for Lore.

While I do pity Dragesvard's citizens, on another note... is that Temblor, the Avatar of Earth, that spoke? If so, that would most likely mean that the Makers are definitely taking learning to heart once we see the finale of the Maleurous Saga.

Sorry, simu-prince. While cute, I need pets that do something in battle. Off to the bank you go.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
6/11/2021 21:25:26   
katcult

Thank you thank you thank you for Adventure mode - as one of the players who are engaged for the story line and not for mere monster bashing!
AQ DF  Post #: 3
6/11/2021 22:34:33   
Vaalirus

spoiler:

So at this point we can definitely say that Vaal and Roirr has been sent back to the past and Danyel has died. Which now leaves Secundus to do who knows what.

The main problem of course is the utter disaster this will be for the Shapeless empire given that their main leading government pretty much just got nuked even after hearing about the other golden hand factions outposts I suspect regaining control over the people is going to be nigh impossible especially if they start fighting amongst themselves to secure control. There's also the added fact that the Shapeless is still running around rampant eating people so that's no good either. It also probably isn't good for Edelia that they lost their headmaster again in the capital. So really the empire has no leadership and no real defenses if they were to be attacked by another nation right now presuming they don't just completely collapse on their own.

Then there's also the fact that we still have to deal with portals to the wastes that are still gone on completely undeterred in Willowshire, Dragesvard, and the Deadlands leaking out elementals and worsts onto Lore which we can't close with the help of the Magesterium since their mana core got swallowed and we don't got another Atelean Empress to close them.

As of right now it sounds like Dragesvard has been practically annihilated if the citizens were forced to flee, though I'm a little bit curious as to how they were able to follow the dragons to Dragonsgrasp if it's supposed to always be in the air unless somehow the dragons let the refugees ride on top of them to do so and I kind of don't see ice dragons helping out humans unless their relationship has completely changed due to the Rose's attack on dragons and Galanoth being less zealous towards dragons.

Also kind of hoping of wondering that whoever spoke in the green and brown textbox is either Temblor or the Great Earth Dragon and I'm somewhat hoping it's the latter because we haven't seen any of the other great dragons like at all within the exception of Akriloth, Skweel, and Cryozen.

Also Jaania back on her nonsense already.

Oh and I hope we get to see more of the dialogue text pop ups for conversations between characters as we're walking through the quest as we saw with Mithra and Raven

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 6/11/2021 23:08:31 >
DF  Post #: 4
6/12/2021 0:55:56   
Glais

Is Adventure Mode DA only as well? Isn't that a feature that would help NDA players the most though?

DF MQ  Post #: 5
6/12/2021 1:24:11   
Flabagast

spoiler:

So it was Riorr. The event that the community has speculated over for so long has finally come to pass. Gee, I remember thinking it was going to happen a lot earlier, while the Magesterium still had control over the rifts - thus I suspected Riorr to be our unexpected saviour. Boy was I wrong on that one! Akanthus and Bolemira's arrangement's sure threw a spanner into that possibility. Honestly though, that probably would've been a pretty flat story beat anyway, this scenario works way better; his actions create havoc across both continents.

As nice as it is to see Circe and Eirn participating in the story, their involvement in Jaania's airship only makes me worry for them. I'd hate for them to be caught up in whatever disaster that Doom device unleashes.

The situation up north seems very curious too. Were those Dragonlords of Dragonsgrasp? If so, what's it doing in the Northlands? Is it grounded now? If refugees from Dragesvard can access it, than it must be. Speaking of, what's Dragesvard overrun by? Earth elementals? Nature elementals? Mushroom people? Something to do with those two beings with the fancy formatting in their textboxes? Who could they be? Are they friendly?

One long awaited answer and maaaaaaany more questions. Excited to see what we get next week!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/12/2021 1:51:36   
Primate Murder

A lot of thoughts on this one.

spoiler:

Folks have already commented on the fact that this finally concludes Secundus' time loop. I think it's no coincidence that Dove gave Fleshweaver screenshots right around this time.

Draco doing loop-de-loops as we discuss the end of an empire was amusing.

Mritha and Raven make for an interesting duo. Have we actually seen lower ranked members of the two factions interact before? You know, without involving chains and other kinky stuff.

Larry the Unfortunate. That's the kind of a name that makes me want to find out his story.

Dragesvard has falle, and we never even got to see the book 3 version of it...

Overall, a fun release, and I can't wait to see the finale!
AQ DF  Post #: 7
6/12/2021 5:35:58   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Oh boy, do many questions, so much good stuff, awesome release.

Can't wait for the finale...
DF AQW  Post #: 8
6/12/2021 7:11:53   
docblade

This Prince Eulin pet is kinda fun^^. Not sure what to think of this new mode. But...

spoiler:

Its kinda heartwarming to see how good Mritha and Raven come along together. I have the feeling this could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship. And...maybe...a better Rose.

And....Did Templor just....started to help people? Instead of sitting around on his earthy backside? I cant describe how happy i am about that right now. Think the avatars seemed to learn the lesson we taught them. At least one of them. This gives me a little bit hope.
DF MQ  Post #: 9
6/13/2021 19:32:22   
Baron Dante

quote:

Is Adventure Mode DA only as well? Isn't that a feature that would help NDA players the most though?

Yes, but I guess the logic here is in the whole "NDA is a very expansive demo of the game" deal.
If you're struggling, "purchase" the game.

Of course you can still mostly ignore that if you're willing to put in the work to deal with it. Everything that isn't the Inn (and a few other things, all covered in the "not included in Adventure Mode" note) are designed so that NDA players can do them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/13/2021 21:08:27   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Yes, but I guess the logic here is in the whole "NDA is a very expansive demo of the game" deal.

Yep, that's the logic, and why Doomed Mode is also DA only now. The intent is that difficulty modes are a Dragon Amulet only feature, as part of the whole game, rather than part of the "demo".
AQ MQ  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= June 11th Design Notes: Book 3: The Royal Resistance: Broken Circuit (Part 2)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition