Laeon val Observis
After doing a slight tap to the solos of this new challenge set, definitely a tricky pair.
1. Both foes invalidate Good and Evil element weapons by just passive resistances, although Notha will alternate (and overlap every once in a while) whichever of the two elements she'll want you to hit her with (GL for those who don't have Apotheosis).
2. Uaanta will randomly start her element shift with any of the 8 standard elements and reset that cycling once she switches from All to Boost mode. So far she could be overcome with Pirate, although I found it slow. Her debuffs and healing are strengthened so as to be worthy of being an Inn foe. She'll hit you HARD with a Good attack when she gearshifts.
3. Notha has formidable sniping and reflector shielding on top of whatever statuses she uses on herself and onto the player.
As for the rewards, the weapon is BiS offensive-type for Good (although its stat/resist template takes homage to Teacher & Student rewards, so don't expect much dmg output). The cape is budget CW Cloak.
For the new DC packages, GT is wow. Finally, players can have an alternative to being a failed Groot cosplay. Astravia... that's a weird weakness seek. Might have some use somewhere, perhaps an alternative FireRes buffer in Egomaniacs and a bit on Yalla.
EDIT: after doing another go with DK...
1. Uaanta's elemental shift is randomly constructed, but the part where she resets that when she calls upon the Makers is true. When she is in Energy, her next action is guaranteed to be an HP to 1 maneuver, so she's the type who can scramble your run if you're wide open to that. When she forgoes All for Boost, the Boost ramps up per Maker call. Also, it is possible for her to back to back an element when she calls for the Makers (bad luck if you get a back to back Energy phase). Rotation is (phase shift>dive)x8, then ad infinitum Maker call (+Boost)>(phase shift>dive)x8. The rework to her debuffs is actually some are weakened, others boosted.
2. Notha will allow player's discretion of Good or Evil when she Engineer/Nythera ripoff's you, and will last until she harnesses (snaps) Celestial and Infernal powers, although I vaguely remember that she does strengthen her GoodRes more somewhere in her rotation prior to that nuke.
< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 9/4/2021 0:26:18 >