Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AQClassic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: AQClassic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/8/2021 7:36:30   
Sapphire

Picked up the gauntlets... And yeah essence orb is superior to soul gauntlet for SP regen. So I ended up storing it.

If they do eventually nerf it, Soul gauntlet might be the better choice later on.
Post #: 26
9/8/2021 8:07:07   
Biokirkby

If the contests are changed, the first change should be to ensure fair distribution of Z-tokens. While there are issues with winning the contest, those that participate must keep in mind the possibility of them not winning- and need to come to terms with that before participating. Barring, of course, last minute rules changes.
DF AQW  Post #: 27
9/8/2021 9:00:09   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

I personally like PD's suggestion of a tiered system to let each player getting the desired item for x amount of donated z-tokens, but I would probably lower the amounts by a lot to let more people enjoy the items.
Also to have a z-token pool that collects all z-tokens and then redistribute them equally between all after the contest ends sounds great as well.
I had no clue that it was possible to game the system as PD described it, that sounds very broken and should be adjusted before next donation drive.

I do think there should still be some type of contest, maybe a top 100 ranking for overall donated z-tokens and these players could end up with for example elemental versions.
So if a player donates for the misc, shield and pet and manages to get into the top 100 ranking list, that player would also get the opposite elemental version of all those items, or maybe it could upgraded through the manage account to the desired element?
Not sure if above idea is doable or just too time consuming for the staff?

Also before the donation starts, it would be great to get the stats for each item, this way each player can decide if they want to participate or skip it.
Post #: 28
9/8/2021 9:14:03   
LUPUL LUNATIC

quote:

Also before the donation starts, it would be great to get the stats for each item, this way each player can decide if they want to participate or skip it.

In an ideal world we would know the items but that means no more player suggestion items unless there is a thread before the contest begins that decide on theme/effects based solely on art which then would be good, very good if would be doable.

quote:

I personally like PD's suggestion of a tiered system to let each player getting the desired item for x amount of donated z-tokens, but I would probably lower the amounts by a lot to let more people enjoy the items.

Yes i would like also a tiered system but lowering the token count for more players to be able to get the items and would make for donations being done across the period instead of only start or end.

quote:

I had no clue that it was possible to game the system as PD described it, that sounds very broken and should be adjusted before next donation drive.

I personally received 59.8k tokens from this drive, and most of them were during the start and end of contest, i only had to "game" the system by being online when the donations were the most active on 10 characters (another type of "game").Its just something that veterans do and know about contests and its all because most of donations are either at the start or end of the contest. And this leads to:

quote:

Also to have a z-token pool that collects all z-tokens and then redistribute them equally between all after the contest ends sounds great as well.

The tokens are distributed "evenly" if you are in the token pool of active characters when donation happens and the window is only 12 hours of inactivity to being removed from that pool. The window should probably be higher than 12 hours.

AQ  Post #: 29
9/8/2021 15:10:28   
Tigrim

How do you guys know that there's a 12 hour window?

In my opinion I don't really see any need to change the donation contests. It's a win win for everybody. Devs get money from whales buying tokens, whales get the exclusive items, and casuals get tokens completely free. Most of these changes would probably make it worse for either devs, whales or casuals.

Making the rewards more accessible doesn't really matter because nobody really needs them/they're not like the best items in the game or something. If you have limited amounts of tokens it would be much better to spend on golden giftboxes or things like zfinity gauntlets instead of donation contests.

Making tiers so that you can get the items for specific token amounts doesn't really help non whales unless you make them really low. Most non whales aren't going to have like 20k plus tokens.

Lastly, making it so that you get tokens based on how much you donate is a pretty bad idea because the whole point of the contest is to give tokens to those that need them. Those that need them aren't going to have a lot to spend so that change would just let whales get more tokens who don't even need them since they buy them anyways.
Post #: 30
9/8/2021 15:49:38   
joac1144

quote:

How do you guys know that there's a 12 hour window?

It was from a DM from Hollow on Discord.
AQ  Post #: 31
9/8/2021 17:48:37   
Sapphire

About the Back to School prizes...

I think it would be best handled if staff went ahead and posted the info subs on all of them, so that people can plan ahead to make sure to log in on the days they want to try for the item or items they want here.

Finding out what you won ....ie how good they are as you literally get the item isn't incentivizing playing.

It might not matter for folks who play everyday, but it might matter to those who don't
Post #: 32
9/9/2021 0:31:56   
Uskius

It's been a few years of the contest now, and the info subs are definitely out there, you'll just have to do a little digging. Here's the subs for the weapons, armor, shield, spell, and pet. There's a lot of subs that have gotten lost or that we just never got, and unfortunately the 'pedia isn't updated regularly, so a lot of time you just have to buy the item. But luckily these are free, so it's no huge loss to go that route if you weren't able to find the stats.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
9/9/2021 0:54:03   
Bao Zi

quote:

PLEASE, CAN WE GET GAUNTLET OF XANO? :(
When it returns?

Wish GAUNTLET OF XANO to return +1

And also Adventurer's Figure's return ( thot it will this year, but didn't)
AQ  Post #: 34
9/9/2021 11:29:48   
Sapphire

Ok thanks. I have played a lot lately but over the years off and on. I wasn't aware these were old items.

Thank you
Post #: 35
9/9/2021 12:17:45   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

This is looking like a Friday release folks while we finish up the Frostwyrm prizes and Arms of Carnax package!
AQ  Post #: 36
9/10/2021 12:41:38   
PD

Looks like IMR has posted the subs. Package looks really interesting with a wide variety of possible strategies so I’ll probably get it once it’s available to get. Though interestingly enough despite what the art would suggest the weapon isn't an Ice/Energy toggle, and the armor has Energy + Fire Secondary instead of Ice + Energy like what the art would have suggested. You could probably have some combos with the weapon's skill to increase energy vuln, and then use the Bette Laser Eyes to increase the burn/SP heal, and then use the Vuln for increasing the shield power too.

Also looking forward to seeing what Frostwyrm is going to look like. And most importantly, hoping for much needed contest reforms going forward.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/10/2021 12:49:31 >
Post #: 37
9/10/2021 12:58:58   
J9408

I was sort of expecting it to work like the Sacragon misc. Though this is nice too.

The SP drain would work nicely with the Necro Class, if for some reason you don't want to use Essence Orb.

I wonder if the energy burn stacks with other energy burns?

< Message edited by J9408 -- 9/10/2021 13:01:29 >
Post #: 38
9/10/2021 13:30:36   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The Arms of Carnax Z-Token Package is now available! The amazing Captain Rhubarb worked his crazy pirate magic and we are able to offer 20% bonus Z-Tokens on this package until September 17th!!
AQ  Post #: 39
9/10/2021 13:44:01   
PD

Thanks Hollow (And Mr. Pirate!). I bought the package immediately and I'm pretty pleased with the package and the bonus.

Some thoughts on the package:

The armor attack: Fast and simple attack animation. Ideal for farming.

Bette Laser Eyes: The bread and butter. You can heal quite a massive amount of SP while also dealing a huge amount of energy burn. Stacking with burn potence items should yield ideal results. Alternatively since this can heal so much SP you can also use this with dragonlord shield's elemental shield for a self-sustaining combo of links, burns and shields.

Invincible: If you're a mage, you can find this to your advantage. And since you can stack this Chi Shield with other shields, you'll be very well protected.

Mind Bludgeon: This is pretty much at this point the icing on the cake. Since both the effects above derive their strength from damage dealt, you can use Mind Bludgeon as a combo move to increase the strength of both above abilities.

As for the weapon itself, it's pretty billed as is. It's got an armor transform, contains a built-in skill, and has a melee/ranged/magic toggle. Some incredible value really. I would fully rate this 10/10. I'm sure there's more combos than what I've thought of for now and others will find even more strong uses. Now we just wait for the Frostwyrm.

So I just noticed a tiny bug. It seems Carnax Form's Light + Dark resists are +100% what they should be. At 168% Dark + Light, versus the 68% each from the info subs.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/10/2021 14:01:31 >
Post #: 40
9/10/2021 14:00:47   
Sphinx Jevoha

Wow!

This is an outstanding armor! Very unique, amazing skills, lightning-fast animation, powerful effects, and really nice synergy!

Just one thing: the lvl. 150 Carnax armor has 168% resistance to Light and Dark , is that correct or a typo?

Also, is the Mind Bludgeon ability the weapon's special?

Overall, really nice armor, totally worth it!
Post #: 41
9/10/2021 14:07:34   
Sapphire

Very pleased this is a 20k token set.
Post #: 42
9/10/2021 14:33:24   
PD

So getting wind on Discord that the set might have backlash elements to it. While I can't really say anything about it at this point, I feel somewhat conflicted given that Ice Doomlight was released last year. Although at the end of that day I care only about the contests getting reformed going forward though it seems that people aren't yet convinced that anything could possibly be wrong with contests. (Which I will thus have to prove something is very wrong in December for the next Contest so that people will finally get behind reforms)

I do realize that there's a difference between Ice and Harm backlash, yet these still would feel too similar to each other. While I'm going to hold out judgement until the set is released, a lot of people who got Ice Doomlight and then going for the Frostwyrm might feel like they have slot conflicts or probably regret going for both instead of one or the other.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/10/2021 14:38:15 >
Post #: 43
9/10/2021 14:42:53   
Sapphire

I dont think ice element backlash is different enough, but I can't complain too much. I think elemental backlash should stay with items outside the actual armor, but I wouldn't be against backlash-effects such as attempted freeze upon being hit...ie stuff like that. That's unique.

But I didnt donate enough for the armor so I dont have a lot to say.
Post #: 44
9/10/2021 14:46:21   
Inferno369

Alot of people in the suggestion thread (again, there was a suggestion thread... if people didn't want backlash, there was room for suggestion) wanted to see some sort of backlash, and maybe some people didn't pick up frostripper which has a harm backlash..

Can we like.... wait until it comes out?

< Message edited by Inferno369 -- 9/10/2021 15:10:11 >
AQ  Post #: 45
9/10/2021 14:46:48   
PD

Info Subs are out!

Armor
Weapon
Shield
Pet
Misc

Some initial thoughts:

Armor looks pretty flexible with 2 skills (Vuln and Freeze) and a toggle Backlash). Weapon is pretty much a Savage Troll Club clone, except it has a 100 proc mode which should make it the strongest 100-proc in the game in terms of average damage per turn (and beating out things like Cyro Jet and Spacefarer Cannon). The Shield has potential if you're good at inflicting statuses, but needs the full set to realize its full potential and can be still useful for enabling the other pieces of the set. The Pet is a toggle with Ice Backlash or Freeze mode, which can be complemented by the shield. The Misc is pretty straightforward and is probably the best ice booster in the game and contribute to the backlash flavor.

The set is good overall considered, but I really do have to wonder about the idea of the wisdom of allowing the community to make up the specials. I will disclose that I was approached to participate in the discussions about the FrostWyrm Set effects. I declined to do so and gave a rubber stamp of approval because it wasn't part of the contest I was really invested in and merely wanted a stake in discussions to make contests better going forward. Some people are going to debate my opposition saying that Ice Doomlight doesn't conflict with this set at all (and perhaps the jury may be out for some time, though I will be steadfast in the opposing argument camp) but at the end of the day perhaps some consideration is needed for a wider scope than the needs of the very few who play the game in a niche way that doesn't really make sense for the enjoyment of the rest of us.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/10/2021 15:11:21 >
Post #: 46
9/10/2021 15:05:16   
OG Ranger

^ I completely agree. This set alienates people who don't play backlash which is the majority of the community. Letting a small group of niche players who don't reflect the general player base decide on all the effects of a donation set is a bad idea for future donations.

@Below: The misc's effect is underwhelming because it also has a backlash effect that most people won't/can't use (It's a worse waffle cone). The shield only triggers with an armor only 15 people have...The only item of the set that is inclusive is the weapon. They should have gone all-in on the back or not at all because it results in the non-backlash effects being mediocre which would be fine if backlash wasn't so niche/premium.

An example of a good donation set was Veywild. The items all had synergy with each other. However, the items could also act as stand-alone items for most of the community despite missing other items or not using a specific playstyle. I hope future donations follow more closely to Veywild instead of Frostwyrm.

I do have something positive to say. The art looks great. The backlash side of this set is great. So good job on doing what you tried to do.

< Message edited by OG Ranger -- 9/10/2021 15:56:40 >
AQ  Post #: 47
9/10/2021 15:13:09   
Sapphire

I feel like these items mostly have toggles to do other things, so it's not purely backlash.

Another complaint I guess....

Anyway,

Can someone remind me what you had to donate to win each of these?

I know I only donated enough for the bottom 2 (not counting the face)

Im crossing my fingers on the misc and pet...
Post #: 48
9/10/2021 15:14:01   
PD

All Donators - Player Face
1000 Z-Tokens - Misc
2000 Z-Tokens - Shield
Top 100 On List - Weapon
Top 50 On List - Pet
Top 15 On List - Armor
Post #: 49
9/10/2021 15:20:33   
J9408

I think the misc is the most useful of the bunch. Even if you don't use backlash, the stat and ice boost can be useful.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: AQClassic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition