Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Joanne's Gimmick Shop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> Joanne's Gimmick Shop
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/7/2021 21:52:04   
RobynJoanne

Time Adept's Medal
Misc with three skills
Skill 1: Time Acceleration Field
Paralyzes the player's entire field and locks all functions like PCO for the rest of the turn (*Asking for permission from the Time Corps). Both sides gain permanent Celerity.

Skill 2: Time Deceleration Field
Paralyzes the player's entire field and locks all functions like PCO for the rest of the turn. Both sides must now skip every other turn. This bypasses Freedom (since it's not a stun. We're just moving slowly).

Skill 3: Time Adept's Privilege
Has two different effects depending on the field that's active:
Time Acceleration Field: Lose Celerity for this turn. Gain 100% (75% if Str > Int or Int=0) melee in SP.
Time Deceleration Field: Pay 140% melee in SP. Gain Celerity for the turn. (you'll skip your Celerity turn, so this just lets the player act again on the next actual turn)

Description:
This medal distinguishes one as a junior member of the Time Corps, which has a duty to protect time itself and is granted powers over time for this duty. As merely the mark of a junior member, this medal grants only limited powers over time, and you must ask for permission to use its powers.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 1/26/2022 19:36:47 >
Post #: 1
11/9/2021 20:37:30   
JhyShy

That's some pretty interesting ideas, something I do have to ask though is how can you integrate this in a battle? Perhaps is it to speed things up? shake things up?
Post #: 2
11/9/2021 21:05:26   
RobynJoanne

There are a couple of ways I can imagine one may use the medal's fields.
Time Acceleration Field:
Backlash and dodgelash will love the faster damage from granting Celerity to a monster, and they do not particularly need their turn, which makes the cost much easier to swallow for them. I believe they would also like the Privilege skill, which grants them a way to skip a turn that they wouldn't really use anyway for some SP.
FO builds may be put off by losing their first turn, which makes the medal worse for cleaning up mobs. In a long fight, however, I believe permanent Celerity gives them many options. This allows for using elecomp skills without major drawbacks. While Soft Damage Caps do worsen nuking overall, this just means one can be a bit more creative with the elecomp skills one uses. For one, I can see a player using a healing spell in Angelic Robes without major repercussions, drastically boosting the generally weak healing spells in the game.

Time Deceleration Field:
This is quite a bit more niche. The primary benefit I saw was in effectively doubling the rate of charging items. I dislike pre-charging, but it's basically required to make charge items viable in many battles. Time Deceleration Field halves the number of attacks one can do, but it doesn't do anything to the actual turn count. Since charge items would gain charges even on turns in which both the player and the monster can't do anything, charge items would gain "double" charges at the cost of taking more actual time for the battle. This is admittedly a niche use case. The privilege skill is probably the main benefit of this field. In its current form, it basically gives players an option for what is essentially guaranteed Celerity à la H-Series Tempest Power Armour. I believe the staff will probably weaken this substantially if they do release the item, but I really do like the idea of both Privilege skills essentially allowing a player to return to normal time while the monster is in doubled or halved time.

And yes, now that I'm thinking about it, this item's actually absurdly strong. I guess it's back to the drawing board.
Post #: 3
11/9/2021 22:01:50   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Seems very close the the Zfinity Gauntlet of Space or time (can't remember off the top of my head). Not sure about ignoring freedom, this fundamentally conflicts the entire existence of that buff which is for a reason.
Post #: 4
11/10/2021 0:08:29   
RobynJoanne

I'm okay with removing the part that ignores Freedom. My justification originally is that this isn't an immobilization effect. It's supposed to emulate the lock on the menu of Prime Chaos Orb, except it affects both sides. Since the Unstoppable passive does not affect the menu lockout, Freedom shouldn't either. That said, from a balance standpoint, I can understand why bosses with Freedom shouldn't be affected by this effect.

This is only similar to Zfinity Gauntlet: Time in a very superficial sense. All of my effects are entirely different from the Zfinity Gauntlet's mechanics.
Post #: 5
1/2/2022 6:28:28   
RobynJoanne

Lightning in a Bottle
Energy Sword/"Thrown" Spear/Energy Bottle
0-proc melee sword/100-proc ranged spear/100-proc magic bottle

It first looks like a bottle with sparks inside it. It can be clicked to toggle between a lightning bolt coming out of the bottle to be wielded as a makeshift sword with the bottle as an awfully uncomfortable grip, a lightning spear that will fly at a monster on its own (so not at all thrown by you, but hey, it's a flying spear), or a held bottle that will shoot magical bullets from the nozzle.

MC: Compresses a standard Energy shield. The shield comes with a skill: Shocking Stimulation.
Shocking Stimulation: Pay 40+25=65% Melee in HP to give your Pet and Guest Celerity for a turn.

Description: A mage with a bit too much power and too little sense heard the phrase lightning in a bottle and decided to make it a reality literally and figuratively. Now, this bottle has entered your hands (you probably have a good idea what happened to that mage), and it is a versatile item indeed. The lightning inside is formless, so it may take the form of a weapon and a shield. In its shield form, you may zap everything around you to provide your pets and guests a boost at your own expense.

This came from a challenge I thought up of using only items that are not of their normal item type. One could only use weapons that came compressed in spell slots like the Shapeshifter spells or weapons like Mutant King Club. However, while discussing this with others, I realized that we have very few shields compressed in other slots, and those that do come from armors, which cannot be used as armors in this challenge. As these shields in armors get unequipped when the armor gets unequipped, I'd need proper shields compressed in other slots.

Even if this particular item idea doesn't get implemented, I would like to see shields come in other item slots.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 2/18/2022 5:56:03 >
Post #: 6
1/15/2022 3:30:20   
RobynJoanne

Tragedy the Outcast Moglin
Earth Element Call/Summon Guest/Pet

Image: Moglin who is constantly unhappy. He will grow happier the more times a healing spell is cast in battle. After five healing spells have been cast in battle, he will jump in joy.

Effect:
Pays 25% damage to provide the player Heal Resistance.
-25% Heal Resistance modified by the formula: basex(0.5+0.25x[Cha]/[Expected Cha]+0.25x[End]/[Expected End]). This is modified by the Poelala outleveling formula due to not requiring a hit. This is also multiplied by 1.5 for the guest version.
MC is spent on half End scaling.

Description: Tragedy was born with mutated moglin powers and cannot heal on his own. Instead, he boosts all healing done by those around. Because he was the sole moglin born without healing powers of his own, Tragedy has always kept away from the rest of the members of his home village. The others were always welcoming of him, but he could never get past the fact that he was different from the others and willingly excluded himself. Ironically, Tragedy's powers could only ever bear fruit in the midst of others.

Somehow, you've managed to convince him to join you (hopefully, this wasn't through some less-than-savory means!). Prove to him that his powers are not worthless!

What can I say? I like my healing items. I also like my cute moglins. What's cuter than convincing a depressed moglin that he's special?

Edit*
I've changed it to only pay a certain amount of damage for this effect. Heal Resistance is valued very low currently, which could easily make this pet/guest extremely overpowered if it were a proper booster.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 6/1/2022 4:35:24 >
Post #: 7
1/15/2022 5:22:48   
RobynJoanne

EbilCorp Medical Insurance Contract
Spell with three options; comes in MP and SP variants that scale off Mainstat

Effects: Pay 100%/125%, 200%/225%, or 300%/325% Melee in SP/MP depending on the option chosen. Until the next turn, if you take damage that is in total greater than or equal to the amount of Melee you have paid, you can click the spell again to cast a healing spell of the strength that you paid +100%/75% Melee depending on your version. The healing spell takes a x0.85 for auto-hit and a x0.9 for always-useful.

If the damage taken is less than the amount of Melee you have paid, there is no healing.* If you lose HP during the turn that you first cast the spell (through using HP conversion miscs or HP upkeep costs, for example), there will be no healing even if you end up taking the amount of damage required to hit the threshold.** There is no healing if you die from the next attack obviously. ***

*Pop-Up: Please pay your entire deductible first. Our insurance contract stipulates that we will only cover once you have paid your deductible. Our apologies. It seems that the contract duration has expired. Please purchase a new contract with EbilCorp. We are happy to be of service.

**Pop-Up: We have detected that you have taken damage due to personal decisions. Our insurance contract stipulates that the contract is voided if the insured engages in any form of self-harm, as it makes estimating the proper amount of damages caused unfeasible. The contract is now voided. Thank you for purchasing with EbilCorp.

***Pop-Up: We have detected that you have died. Our insurance contract stipulates that the contract is voided if the insured has died. Please purchase our life insurance policy for compensation upon death. The contract is now voided. Thank you for purchasing with EbilCorp.

Description: Thank you for getting your insurance at EbilCorp. We promise you'll honor the contract to the best of our abilities.

EbilCorp has always been Ebil. I've decided to make it truly Evil instead. What business is there that's more evil than insurance? There are a ton of restrictions for this spell to work because it's not insurance if your coverage doesn't get denied.

On a less evil note, I wanted this as a weird alternative to Invincible Star for those who missed that. This is nowhere close to a true substitute, but it does let you "reduce" the damage you'd take by healing back up.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 2/6/2022 16:42:57 >
Post #: 8
1/18/2022 20:32:24   
RobynJoanne

Comedy the Fairy Tale Moglin
Healing (Question Mark) element Call/Summon Guest/Pet

Effect: Does a single hit of +100% Healing element damage to you. Takes a x0.85 penalty for auto-hit and x0.9 for being always-useful. The monster heals half of the damage you heal.

FSB: If Comedy and Tragedy are used together, the monster's heal is instead just a standard Healing element attack from Comedy.

Description: Like Tragedy, Comedy was similarly born with mutated healing powers. In her case, hers is an especially powerful heal among moulins, but whenever she uses her heals, she heals everyone around her. Embracing this quirk, Comedy has taken to becoming friends with everyone. She lives by the motto: "There is no harm in failing to distinguish friends from foes if everyone's my friend." Among the kind and loving moglins, she has always been beloved. She just hopes one day Tragedy will come out of his shell and be friends with her.

On the flip side of the coin that is Tragedy, we have Comedy. Comedy is basically the quintessential moglin and serves to contrast the somber Tragedy. She is the Fairy Tale moglin, for fairy tales, like Comedies, have happy endings. Tragedies, of course, have sad endings. I've always been of the belief that sadness is necessary to highlight joy, so Tragedy strongly supports Comedy.

On a more mechanical note, I really like the idea of gaining power from buffing the monster in some way like the Cherub guest. I tried that with the Time Adept's Medal, but that ended up incredibly overpowered. Hopefully, this is a more reasonable effect.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 2/3/2022 0:59:39 >
Post #: 9
1/18/2022 21:30:12   
RobynJoanne

Healing Queen's Crown
Water/Earth Misc +50 End, Can switch between Water and Earth and increases damage dealt by attacks of the respective element

MC: Compresses a skill: Queen's Stage
Queen's Stage: Until the end of the monster's next turn, all damage dealt is instead converted to healing damage to the attacker. This somewhat emulates Your Body Heals at the Speed of Light because it uses the enemy's resistance instead of your own Healing resist, but it converts all attacks to this. This also works for the monster's attack. Because you are assumed to be attacking a monster's worst resistance while it is assumed to be attacking your best resistance, to make this fair, until the end of its turn, the monster's attack now element seeks among the standard 8 elements. Since this is a global effect that helps both sides, it's free.

While on my stage, everyone must heal.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 1/24/2022 9:49:55 >
Post #: 10
1/18/2022 22:26:59   
Primate Murder

I'm a big fan of both suggestions. Guests that affect both you and the monster are surprisingly rare, and healing effects have long been underpowered. Likewise, effects altering the monster's attack are something I've long been interested in, but, alas, are very rare to find.

A few balance tweaks, if I may:

- Comedy. FSB is normally worth 10% melee. Depending on how you calculate guest damage (as 60% melee or the 20ish% paid by upkeep), that means the monster's heal should be reduced by either 1/6 or ~1/2, not entirely negated.

- Crown. Eleseek seems to be a little over the top. Monster damage is already balanced around the idea of hitting your best resistance, that's why they deal so much damage if you have wrong element armor/shield; eleseek could easily make them heal the entire hp bar.
AQ DF  Post #: 11
1/19/2022 7:24:33   
RobynJoanne

Thanks for the help and for liking my ideas. I've always loved healing effects in AQ, but they're very unpopular for being weak on their own. Boosting them, especially with multiplicative boosts, would help immensely. Heal resistance and using a monster's elemental resists do both. The latter even removes two of healing's penalties, which have been the bane of their existence since the sweep.

1) I may have worded Comedy's FSB weirdly. What it's supposed to do is allow you to get the benefit of Heal resistance items without benefitting the monster. Normally, the monster heals half of whatever you heal, so all changes to your Heal resistance would affect that healing. The FSB changes it so that Comedy instead does a second hit of healing at standard power that directly heals the monster. Since that's a standard heal for the monster, it uses the monster's Heal resistance instead. This should be the same since Comedy's normal healing is 200% and half of that is 100%, the same power as that second hit the FSB gives. This should only really change things when Heal resistance changes, which is of course the exact situation that would give you the FSB.

Now, I did not know how to value this in Melee %. Is it 5% Melee like many effects that change the stats used or Heal resistance effects? Is it 20% since that's how much the Heal resistance change Tragedy brings is worth assuming no Cha or End investment? Is it 30% since we assume Cha investment for Beastmasters? I decided to just let the FSB cover the whole thing to make it easier on me since ultimately the staff would have to decide for something this unique.

2) This is definitely true. However, monsters hitting for your best element will almost always deal less damage than you would to their best, and monsters usually have far more HP. Together, this makes a global effect relatively far better off for the player. Granted, that's why a player would want to use this effect, but I wanted to make things more even. I may be a bit biased here, but I also assumed that players would have neutral no-drop gear. Since you're not taking any damage here, neutral gear is usable without immediately getting you killed. Nevertheless, this may be too much punishment and make the item too niche for everyone but me. Would a compromise of hitting your second worst element better? That's what E-Series Cryojet assumes. Is that still too much? I know E-Series is not popular since it hits you with its own element, and you normally do not defend against a monster's opposite element.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 1/19/2022 7:32:49 >
Post #: 12
1/19/2022 20:41:27   
RobynJoanne

Sketchy Stimulant
Earth Misc. +50 Dex/Int (Stimulants help you think more quickly and enhance your reflexes). Reduces damage taken from Earth.

MC: Compresses a skill: Stimulant Injection
Stimulant Injection: Inflict -5 End Fragile permanently on yourself. +10.2 BtH for 5 turns.

Like Lvl1000, I am using Shinyaro's skill for the calculation of Fragile's worth. Shinyaro's skill pays 25% damage (50% Melee) for a +0 roll to inflict -50 End for a turn. Since this is a neutral roll, this effect is worth 100% Melee (divide by 0.5). Since we assume a battle to be 10 turns, I divide this -50 End effect over 10 to get a permanent -5 End Fragile for 100% Melee.
I used New Year's Surprise as a guide for the calculation of the BtH. Since we're effectively dealing +X/85 damage for a +X BtH boost, a 100% Melee boost would have X=85. To make the numbers nice, I made it last for 5 turns, so it's +17 BtH for 5 turns. Because this effect affects all 8 elements, I applied the *0.6 omni-elemental penalty to get 17*0.6=10.2 BtH.

Description: We found this substance in a meteor crash site. It appears to a stimulant of some sorts. The label on it states that it contains caffeine, ephedrine, modafinil, and creatine. It also has the following warning: while these medications have been confirmed for use individually, studies have yet to show long-term effects when taken together, so please beware of any potential contraindications. While we do not know what these ingredients are exactly, you are the Chosen. Surely, you can handle whatever side effects there are, right?

This is an item that's completely antithetical to my playstyle. I love my End, and my beloved Healing spells autohit. However, the idea of paying for an effect by inflicting a permanent downside on yourself was just too interesting to let pass. I originally thought Celerity would be a apt choice for a stimulant, but honestly, I have too many items that give Celerity already. BtH also works as a reasonable benefit of taking stimulants, and I envision this as something for the people who missed Helm of Frostval Past.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 1/19/2022 20:51:31 >
Post #: 13
1/24/2022 0:13:58   
RobynJoanne

Healing Queen's Scepter
0-Proc Water/Earth Staff (two different weapons not compression)
Effect: Has three modes: HP, MP, and SP. When you cast a damaging spell of the same element, it instead deals damage to the respective resource of the scepter's mode (*1.125 in SP mode and *1.5 in MP mode) and pays 50% damage and MC (50% + 9.375%) to heal 59.9375/50=1.1875x damage dealt to your own respective resource. If damage dealt is above the expected amount, apply a clawback of 0.25 to the healing.

While Healing Queen's Crown and Healing Queen's Bulwark are equipped and Queen's Stage is active, you lose the damage penalty and attempt to inflict a renamed Disease called Queen's Monopolization with a +0 save roll using Int/Luk vs Cha/Luk (Cha since customer support is necessary to break a monopoly ).

Continuing the theme of tyranny (the first item forced everyone to heal, disregarding their desires), the Healing Queen's Scepter steals resources from her foes (and subjects). If she uses her scepter and her shield with her crown, she can suppress all other healing with her royal authority. The Healing Queen is a jealous and selfish being, and her artifacts reflect that.

*Note: This originally healed based on damage dealt, but I realized the minor anti-synergy with Healing Queen's Robes' spellcaster lean. A spellbooster that gives your spells extra effects is more interesting anyway, so I like the change.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 3/6/2022 12:56:02 >
Post #: 14
1/24/2022 9:44:54   
RobynJoanne

Healing Queen's Bulwark
Earth/Water compression Shield
Effect: Takes -3 MRM for compression. MC is used to compress a skill: Queen's Taxation
Queen's Taxation: Pays half damage to attempt to inflict a permanent -10 End Fragile (+0 save roll with Main Stat/Luk vs End/Luk). Pays the other half so that if the save roll succeeds, you gain a permanent +10 End Sturdy (There's no name for an End buff, so I just went with an antonym).

(50% damage of a spell is 100% Melee. This is a neutral roll, so it's worth 200% Melee. We assume a battle to be 10 turns, so this is a 20% Fragile. Fragile costs 2% per -1 End, so this is -10 End.)
Note that just like how Intellect Boost does not give more MP, Sturdy does not give more HP. This is solely a stat boost.

Description: The Healing Queen was not born with a robust body. So, as with everything else she has attained that she did not just inherit, she stole that from those born with vitality. Of course, she may steal from those who were born with talents, but her lack of said talents will ensure that she can never match even a single one no matter how many she steals from.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 4/1/2022 17:24:12 >
Post #: 15
1/24/2022 10:14:45   
RobynJoanne

Healing Queen's Gown
Water/Earth Armor with spellcaster lean
Effect: Pays MC and MRM to passively turn half of all overhealing damage into a Barrier or strengthen one if one already exists. The armor has a further toggle to pay a certain amount of SP to instead use all overhealing damage.

FSB: If Healing Queen's Scepter and Healing Queen's Bulwark are equipped, this toggle's cost is reduced by 15% Melee in SP. If the toggle does not cost this much, the excess will be funneled into increasing Heal resist.

Description: After years of stealing the vitality of her subjects, the Healing Queen realized that she had long reached the limits of her bodily vessel. She thus "commissioned" (with certain threats of imprisonment) her greatest mages to craft her an artifact that could rectify that. However, she who was born with no talents whatsoever could never truly match those born with talents. This gown lets her reach half their efficiency and if she pays a suitable cost, the same efficiency. Upon hearing of this, the Healing Queen only smiled. If she had to pay a cost to match those with talents, then she would do so. Now, who would be the first to pay her cost for her?

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 4/1/2022 17:24:00 >
Post #: 16
2/1/2022 21:17:44   
RobynJoanne

Overload Healing
Healing Spell
Lights up the player's body's veins while casting the spell
Effect: Heals +100% damage but inflicts the player with Overloaded Veins for the rest of the battle. MC normally goes to +5% healing damage.

You may click the veins of the body to also pay 50% damage + MC to apply Elemental Empowerment: All for 1 turn.

Overloaded Veins: Healing Resist is increased additively by +200% (from the normal -100% to 100%, thus making all healing effects hurt the player instead of heal him or her)

Description: A simple yet forbidden act for the desperate, this spell allows one to heal massively beyond one's limits but will burn out one's body to the point that all healing will harm rather than heal after its casting. A clever but perhaps rather reckless Mage may instead channel some of that Mana Burning to temporarily boost his or her attacks.

I'll admit I got inspired by CH4OT1C!'s idea of a spell that locks out of your spell bar for the rest of the battle, but I decided to put my own healing twist on the idea. The Elemental Empowerment comes from the idea that overloading yourself has got to have benefits on your attacks, right? Besides, it wouldn't be CH4OT1C! if it didn't somehow facilitate completely excessive damage.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 2/1/2022 21:27:35 >
Post #: 17
2/28/2022 21:43:38   
RobynJoanne

Rainbow Healing
Healing SPell and spell, with the SPell version scaling off the higher mainstat between Str and Dex
Effect: Like Your Body Heals at the Speed of Light and Fae Invocation, this spell scales off monster resists instead of your own. Unlike those two, this uses all the 8 standard elemental resists instead. Like Prismatic Burn, this is actually 8 hits of healing at once, with the shown number being the sum of those 8 hits and those 8 hits respectively hitting each of the 8 standard elements. For this, the spell gets a *132/109 boost and does not take the normal *0.9 always-useful penalty that healing spells normally get. It does take the normal auto-hit penalty *0.85.
In other words, each hit of this spell heals [Resist]*132/109*0.85/8 damage.

MC: There is a 10% chance to get a 10% Melee regeneration for the rest of battle. (MC on a spell is worth 10% Melee. /10% chance to get 100% Melee. Divide 100% Melee by the assumed 10 turns to get 10% Melee regen for the rest of battle.)

Description: This spell lets you harness the power of rainbows to heal you. It's said that, on rare occasions, the power of rainbows may bless you with permanent rain to heal you until you find yourself victorious or defeated in battle.

So, this was a weird little idea I had. I know a lot of people like Prismatic Burn (and I know full well that at least one reason is the 8 hits that let you guys bypass damage caps , so this doesn't do that unless Cray makes a mechanic that places caps on player healing per hit ). I'm not much of a DoT fan, but I'm very much a HoT fan, so I decided to put my little spin on things. Also, in light of the upcoming stat revamp, I envision that many warriors will find themselves without Dex. I'd like to give them a healing spell, and if I may toot my own horn a bit, I'd like to think this is a pretty good one.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 4/8/2022 18:50:06 >
Post #: 18
4/1/2022 18:14:56   
RobynJoanne

Eucrasic Bulwark of the Jelly King
Energy/Ice Compression Shield
You can click the shield to activate a skill. It pays 3 MRM to compress the skill.
Luck of the Jelly King: Pay 27% Melee in HP and SP or pay 18% Melee in HP, MP, and SP (the skill comes with two options for payment). Pay double this if you currently have Pet Celerity. Until the start of your next turn, your pet's LS rate is multiplied by 10 (basically, this is a guaranteed LS but stacks properly with the Frostval Crowns/Server Caps).

(Note: This isn't the traditional valuation of Hypercrit or things like it, but I think the current valuation is incorrect. I also don't think there's any item for pet LS. A pet gains 20% Melee damage from investment in Cha. LS are 3x that, so they're worth 60% Melee. Normally, LS only occur 10% of the time, so they're on average worth 6%. Thus, a guaranteed crit is worth 60%-6%=54% Melee. This is split between HP and SP.)
Description: The Jelly King was infamous for favoring the use of leeches for bloodletting in his insane quest for immortality. His shield let him drain the essence of his body to strengthen his leeches, which in turn would help replace his essence with that of his foes.

Hypodermic Needle of the Jelly King
Energy/Ice Compression 100-Proc Ranged Weapon
Pay 25% HP/MP/SP (Toggles between payment) at the beginning of each turn. Boost Pet damage by +62.5% damage.

Description: The Jelly King was infamous for favoring the use of leeches for bloodletting in his insane quest for immortality. His syringe lets him share some of his essence with his leeches, empowering them to take even more from his foes.

Humoral Toga of the Jelly King
Energy/Ice Beastmaster lean armor (1.25x incoming damage, 1x outgoing damage, 1.25x pet/guest damage) (Note: This is based off the lean before the stat revamp. Cha will be heavily changed with the revamp)
MC: While this armor is equipped, all excess healing to HP/MP/SP is used to pay for an equal power Cost Modifier. The next skill used that has a cost of the respective resource will be discounted by the amount stored in the Cost Modifier. This only works for the first skill cast of that resource, but you may have one per resource at any given time. (Think of the Archmage Apprentice Mana Flow skill but for skills instead and not just MP).

Description: The Jelly King was infamous for favoring the use of leeches for bloodletting in his insane quest for immortality. While he never truly found immortality, he discovered a way to temporarily store his essence in his clothing to be used at a later time. This toga still retains some of the power of its original owner.

This is just a series of stupid items that came to my mind since I joked that I would make a set of items that are just Jelly clones for the Donation Contest. As I already have a sort-of Jelly clone weapon, I decided to make the set just Jelly-focused instead. Yes, this is pretty much just a Dizzle set. I hope the Leeches can one day be updated to be Harm versions of the Jelly pets and that we can get a guest version of these pets.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 8/11/2023 20:47:28 >
Post #: 19
7/23/2022 16:38:02   
RobynJoanne

Chessboard
+50 Int/Luk Light/Dark Misc
x0.5 resist to its current element
Once per battle, the misc can be toggled between Light and Dark.
MC: Compresses 5 guests: Pawn, Knight, Bishop, Rook, and Queen
All guests use the opposite element of the misc's current element.

Pawn
Two modes: Damage and Charge
Damage mode: Efficient guest. Pays 60% guest upkeep and deals `(-22.125%*0.4)/60%*100%=-14.75%` damage. Deals +2.46% damage per Advanced Charge.
Charge mode: Normal upkeep guest. Pays a certain amount of "damage" to gain 1 Advance Charge (max: 6) per turn. Pays the rest to reduce damage from the misc's element attacks by Melee %/1.4 % damage.
When you have 6 Advance Charges, you may transform the pawn into a clone of the Knight or the Queen. As the Knight, it retains its Efficient cost but retains normal guest damage. As the Queen, it has normal guest cost but has the Queen's overcharged damage.

Knight
Two ideas: Triggers against EleShields and Barriers to pay a certain amount of damage to "pierce" them.
or
Fork: When fighting multiple monsters, Knight can deal damage to all of them at once, dividing its damage output per monster by the number of monsters.

Bishop
Two modes: Damage and Heal
Damage mode: Deals +100% damage but has a recharge turn.
Heal mode: Heals +100% more but has a recharge turn.

Rook
Overcharged guest: Pays an extra 30% Melee to deal +50% damage.
Pays 5% damage to compresses a skill: Castling
Castling: Once per battle: you may click the Rook to stun yourself and your guest for a turn. 30% Melee + 75% Melee + 60% Melee = 165% Melee.
For the next five turns, you take -100%/1.4/5=-14.29% damage from the misc's element, and the Rook deals +13% damage.

Queen
Overcharged guest: Pays an extra 60% Melee to deal +100% damage.
Two Modes: Damage and Heal. Both modes are standard except they both deal +100% damage. No recharge turn unlike the Bishop.

I recently got back into chess. This is just a rough idea, and it's certainly not balanced. I'll try to improve this as I get better ideas.
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> Joanne's Gimmick Shop
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition