Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning Player, Advice for Build/Item Updates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Player, Advice for Build/Item Updates
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/11/2021 16:25:30   
Dragonknight315

So recently I have gotten back into Adventure Quest after several years, only touching it once or twice in the absence. I have been playing it for the past week, going after several milestones. I got the new Paladin and Necromancer to Lv20. Also got the Dragonlord Wind set, and I will attempt the updated Kindred Set after farming some gold. I also got some SP spells for my character. I am also in the process of changing my race to Werewolf.

I have noticed that the meta has really changed. My go to settup for most fights was a strong armor, elemental resistance misc, Fairy Godmother, and Dunamis. I would often outheal or nuke bosses with no issue. And while I can get through most fights this way, some of the content has absolutely challenged me. I want to know what I can do to improve my settup? I don't have that many rares, but I have a handful of premium items. My current build is that of a Melee Fighter with some pet/guest support. 250 STR, 200 DEX, 200 LUK, 100 CHA. The current meta seems to rely a lot on mass SP generation or status effects.

Is there any items that I should go after to compliment/improve my build? Any other suggestions for someone getting back into the game?

Link to character page for items.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
11/12/2021 1:37:34   
Sapphire

1. Choose a build, max 3 stats. Don't spread them in 4, or more. Think of your stat distribution as "stacking". 100 in charisma isn't likely helping you as much as the loss in the 50 to dex/luck . I would either put 250 in luck or charisma, as a warrior. Probably, Beast builds are the strongest, but a pure build is fine too. You want to max your stats to give you the best it has to offer.

2. Choose Items that cater to your stats. If you trained luck, you want items that utilize it. If you trained charisma, you want items that utilize it. Here is a decent site showcasing the best items. https://adventurequestwiki.fandom.com/wiki/AdventureQuestWiki_Wiki The Pedia isnt as helpful as the past.

3. Choose a subrace, get all armor variants. (I see you said werewolf) Subrace armors are the second strongest armor subset in the game, and the advantage of subraces are that they have variants that will give you all 8 defensive elements. Being guardian gives you one as a no drop. If you're a guardian, Neko/Werepyre gives all coverage in 3 paid-for armors (one being a no drop for 4) and werewolf/vampire you'll need to buy 4, one being z token, to get all elemental coverage. (the 5th being no drop)

4. Get your tier 3 class armor maxed, to L21. This gives you the Power-Level 150 versions. Strongest armors in game. Level 20 is only I think L130ish??? Paladin/Necro are the only options.
Actually, in theory, Paladin and Ebony Sepulchre (z token) if you owned both, you wouldn't need any other armor in the entire game and you'd probably whoop everything. Ebony sepulchre has a skill to turn monsters "undead", then Paladin's abilities come alive....and you get every resistance in 1 armor basically.

5. When choosing items, remember stacking . Don't just have an item that randomly does effect X. Have lots of items that all do the same X effect. The stacking then makes the effect powerful and worth using. I'll give you some examples. Fear- Inflicting a random Fear might get you a turn or two at a lower rate, maybe let' say 30%. But a spell, weapon, pet, guest all doing fear might jump this to 3-5 turns at 85-95%. Blocking builds (many say this is the best playstyle, while I'd argue it, it might be versus bosses for sure) Stack blinds, bth loss, defensive MRM blocking of various sources and monsters can't hit you. This stacks with blocking stats, like Dex.

6. Quick Cast -> Purple Rain Loop The game now has the ability to buff yourself without losing a turn, or a "quick cast". There are a few in shops, quests, and token packages. You basically start the battle, cast Purple rain, which you can buy in the memorial shop, and this creates a renewal point. Most cost SP, some cost MP. Then you use essence orb to regenerate SP to buff and buff and buff, then cast Purple Rain and it resets yours/monsters HP/MP/SP to the number at the first cast, but your buffs remain. This is mostly used against harder monsters.

7. Golden Gift Boxes- Best items in the game, usually. Don't just use them. Save them, and trade them in the account page under "gold prize swap". 25 commons can be traded in for 1 rare, and 10 rares for 1 Ultra Rare. You get a free box for playing each month, and another free one each month if you happened to buy and put the museum on your estate. In time, and with some luck, getting some these will be helpful.
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Player, Advice for Build/Item Updates
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition