Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Summer 2022 Season of Gifting & Independence Holiday Super Event

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Summer 2022 Season of Gifting & Independence Holiday Super Event
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2022 16:03:20   
E.Matrix

Independence scythe doesn't seem to ever finish loading, halting the game
Post #: 26
7/18/2022 12:46:50   
Dreiko Shadrack

quote:

Armor:
Skill 1: Mount/Dismount toggle. Attacks are locked to Darkness and get EleComp in Dismounted Mode.

Skill 2: Mounted Mode. Darkness weapon-based skill.  If possible, removes up to 200% melee worth of Choke effect and applies an equivalent Omni EleEmpower effect.

Skill 3: Dismounted Mode. Darkness weapon-based skill. EleComp goes to Damage. Deals -50% damage and attempts to inflict a Choke effect.

Flavor Effect: Enemy attacks gain +7.5 BtH and player normal attacks, specials and spells/skills deal +10% damage.

Shield:
Flavor Effect: Pays +(15*1.1/1.4)% damage taken to apply an Omni EleEmpower effect based on how many hits you take. Buff applies to your next turn. 

Toggle: Pay (15*1.1)% melee in SP to double the potency of the flavor effect. 

Weapon:
Skill*: Darkness efficient weapon-skill. Deals full damage. If possible, removes up to 150% melee worth of Omni EleEmpower and attempts to inflict a Choke effect.

*Uses whatever special animation Hollow has already made.

Pet:
Toggles between two modes:
- Choke Eater Mode: Deals full damage. If possible, removes up to 120% melee worth of Choke effect to heal SP. 

- Choke Mode: Pays all damage + MC and attempts to inflict a Choke effect*.

*This is applied in a way that is similar to Mogdin, but obviously for Choke.

Misc:
20% Damage
50 CHA/LUK
50% Darkness Resist
MC: -20 Choke potency

This is a suggestion for what the paleskull items could be, made by Lv 1000 and with feedback from a couple of high tier token whales.

< Message edited by Dreiko Shadrack -- 7/18/2022 12:49:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/18/2022 12:56:59   
dizzle

Big big big fan of the suggestion for the misc, pet, and shield. I’m hype to see how the items turn out!
AQ  Post #: 28
7/18/2022 22:50:43   
Primate Murder

Shouldn't this go into the suggestion thread?
AQ DF  Post #: 29
7/19/2022 1:20:02   
PD

Another plea to implement those same QOL changes that we had from the Winter contest last year. It's extremely tedious to donate tokens in large amounts. I'd also rather donate as many times as possible instead of 5000 (IE, 25 tokens, 200 times) at a time because apparently some people aren't getting any receipts. At least doing that should drastically increase the probability that everyone will get a receipt throughout the contest. The daily motivation prize is good (Pearl of Power) for spreading out donations over the long period but after people get the prize, they stop and it tapers off again. Perhaps another method of motivation to donate every day needs to happen as well.

Also, I don't see the suggestion thread for the items just yet? Though I don't personally mind. I think it's better to brainstorm now than later. I think doing that will give us a better product. I guess my only things that I'd like to see is that this set isn't an Energy set. We've had a lot of energy items last year. We could really use Water, Fire or Darkness this year. Those elements are in dire need of filling.

On another topic, I've been theorizing a way to show how many tokens everyone donated. If you know how many tokens exactly you donated and you know the rankings, you can then figure out approximately how many tokens other players have donated. An example:

1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. Me (1000)

Then donate tokens in increments of 25 until you see your rank rise. Like

1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. Me (1250)
5. ??? (>=1250)

Then do another increment:

1. ???
2. ???
3. Me (1750)
4. ??? (>=1750)
5. ??? (>=1250)

Rise 1 rank at a time, and you should be able to within a very small margin, figure out how much tokens everyone has donated below your rank. Although the problem with this is that it'll only be accurate enough as of that moment. But some neat fact is that you know that the threshold for ranks never decreases; it can only increase or stay put. Also to get an updated "true" estimate, you'd have to recrawl upwards the list which means sending in another character, until you can convince a friend to crawl up the list for you. This will also have some weaknesses in that large amounts of changes will mess this up (like towards the end of the contest). Given that the list refreshes every 30 minutes, and that the lists usually don't stay still, there are other problems associated but it's worth a thought experiment, I guess.

< Message edited by PD -- 7/19/2022 1:34:59 >
Post #: 30
7/19/2022 19:24:06   
Lv 1000

quote:

quote:

Armor:
Skill 1: Mount/Dismount toggle. Attacks are locked to Darkness and get EleComp in Dismounted Mode.

Skill 2: Mounted Mode. Darkness weapon-based skill. If possible, removes up to 200% melee worth of Choke effect and applies an equivalent Omni EleEmpower effect.

Skill 3: Dismounted Mode. Darkness weapon-based skill. EleComp goes to Damage. Deals -50% damage and attempts to inflict a Choke effect.

Flavor Effect: Enemy attacks gain +7.5 BtH and player normal attacks, specials and spells/skills deal +10% damage.

Shield:
Flavor Effect: Pays +(15*1.1/1.4)% damage taken to apply an Omni EleEmpower effect based on how many hits you take. Buff applies to your next turn.

Toggle: Pay (15*1.1)% melee in SP to double the potency of the flavor effect.

Weapon:
Skill*: Darkness efficient weapon-skill. Deals full damage. If possible, removes up to 150% melee worth of Omni EleEmpower and attempts to inflict a Choke effect.

*Uses whatever special animation Hollow has already made.

Pet:
Toggles between two modes:
- Choke Eater Mode: Deals full damage. If possible, removes up to 120% melee worth of Choke effect to heal SP.

- Choke Mode: Pays all damage + MC and attempts to inflict a Choke effect*.

*This is applied in a way that is similar to Mogdin, but obviously for Choke.

Misc:
20% Damage
50 CHA/LUK
50% Darkness Resist
MC: -20 Choke potency

This is a suggestion for what the paleskull items could be, made by Lv 1000 and with feedback from a couple of high tier token whales.

I should probably clarify some things/provide some sample values.

quote:

Armor:
Armor Lean:
Would be Fully Offensive.

EleComp:
Ideally the Resistance/MRM spread would allow us to get at least 1.7xx to 1.8xx EleComp

Skill 2:
Now that I'm thinking about it, 238% melee worth of Choke would be more fitting as this is equipvalent to 2 turns of -100% damage dealt Choke effect. So we'd be starting with 238% melee for the EleEmpower, it would take a x0.9 penalty for being always-useful so it would be 214.2% melee. I think it best to split this over a few turns, let's say 3 turns so that would be 71.4% melee for 3 turns. It would appear as x1.714 in the status panel.

Skill 3:
There's some debate as to how weapon-based skills with statuses should be treated. For the time being I'll just treat this as a spell-type skill for the status, but the numbers could be adjusted to fit whatever works. I'll also re-work this to make a bit more sense, so instead it's gunna be -0.52955% damage

So it deals -0.52955% damage, for a spell this is worth 105.91% melee, so we have 105.91/0.5/0.85/1.4 = 178% melee worth of Choke, we could split this over 3 turns so it would be 59.33% melee of Choke for 3 turns. The save for this would be +0 Save Bonus, player MainStat/LUK vs. monster END/LUK.

Flavor Effect:
I should clarify that this is +10% damage for normal attacks/specials and then +5% damage for spells/skills.

Shield:
Flavor Effect:
Pays +(15*1.1/1.4)% damage taken to apply a 15/0.85/2 = +8.82% damage EleEmpower per hit taken, capped at 4 hits. So with 4 hits taken, this is +35.29% damage EleEmpower.

Toggle:
Pay (15*1.1)% melee in SP to double the potency of the flavor effect, so the per hit amount would be +17.65% and the max would be +70.58%.

Weapon:
Skill:
For some general details, this is a 0-proc weapon-skill and it's efficient. This means that it doesn't get the balance engine /1.1 or the 1.08 0-proc bonus, but it does get multiplied by armor lean, and it deals -37.5% damage, but has -60% cost due to being efficient.

For similar reasons outlined in the Skill 2 from the armor, I'd adjust the cap to be this instead at 105.91% melee worth of Omni EleEmpower consumed. This would be 105.91/0.5/0.85/1.4 = 178% melee worth of Choke. As before we could split this over 3 turns so it would be 59.33% melee of Choke for 3 turns. The save for this would be +0 Save Bonus, player MainStat/LUK vs. monster END/LUK.

Pet:
Choke Eater Mode:
Again, for consistency reasons, I'd adjust the cap to be 119% melee worth of Choke, this would simply translate to a maximum of 119% melee in SP each time it consumes Choke effect. For reference 119% melee in SP is ~466 SP.

Choke Mode:
In this mode we pay all damage + MC and don't rely on a hit for the status, we have a 42/0.5/0.85/1.4*0.85 = 60% melee worth of Choke effect. As before, we could split this over 3 turns so it would be 20% melee of Choke for 3 turns. The save for this would be +0 Save Bonus, player CHA/LUK vs. monster END/LUK.

Post #: 31
7/19/2022 19:33:07   
Dreiko Shadrack

quote:

Shouldn't this go into the suggestion thread?

Usually yes, but for the past couple years the summer donation sets have taken heavy influence from the suggestions of the top 15 donators (top 25 this year), since they were the only ones that get all of the rewards including the armor. Hollow usually posts a thread solely dedicated to this but hey no harm in posting this in advance.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/28/2022 13:04:56   
battlesiege15

I know this has not been done in the past before, but is there anyway we can at least know the *element* of the set items?

Also, really tempted to get the pet because it looks cool but likely will get trumped by the final wave of people donating. Right now, spot 50 is listed as donating 5000+ and 49 as 10,000+ so likely, you need to donate at least 10K tokens to secure the top 50 spot!
AQ AQW  Post #: 33
7/28/2022 13:13:46   
Dreiko Shadrack

quote:

I know this has not been done in the past before, but is there anyway we can at least know the *element* of the set items?

Also, really tempted to get the pet because it looks cool but likely will get trumped by the final wave of people donating. Right now, spot 50 is listed as donating 5000+ and 49 as 10,000+ so likely, you need to donate at least 10K tokens to secure the top 50 spot!

That's the rub, the donation items aren't actually statted or even planned out ahead of time, they leave that for when the dono contests are nearing the end. So they can't actually tell you anything atm.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
7/28/2022 13:39:28   
battlesiege15

That's fair. Just hoped at least the element would be decided. I get big Water element vibes from the images though.
AQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/28/2022 14:48:12   
PD

Some observations while I continue my donation spree:

1. I think in order to best increase your chances of getting receipts, you need to win/donate right after the server resets. This has at least been my strategy for the contest. Assuming that most players are Americans, saving at the beginning of the day will make you eligible for the longest duration as opposed to only after work.

2. I don't know for certain, but do we know if server resets affect donation pools? I don't think it should but I don't think this has been raised yet. However if this is true, then saving at the beginning of the day is likely the most optimal strategy as that will increase your window the longest.

3. In addition to that, from my observation of 2 days of mass giving, I've found that donating at the end of the day gives the widest distribution of receipts. Doing so at the beginning of the day seems to have a less diverse pool. This may be a combination of server resets and time zones. I'm going to collect more data on this soon, but it's worth testing as a hypothesis.
Post #: 36
8/31/2022 0:05:57   
Primate Murder

48 hours remaining until the end of the donation contest!
AQ DF  Post #: 37
8/31/2022 10:54:29   
Jue Viole Grace

Pls dont make this armor dark and pls no mount armor smh
AQ DF  Post #: 38
8/31/2022 12:44:34   
Lv 1000

quote:

Pls dont make this armor dark and pls no mount armor smh

It's already confirmed to be a mount/dismount armor.
Post #: 39
8/31/2022 13:29:01   
Jue Viole Grace

well then pls energy/earth we have so many dark armors already or water atleast
AQ DF  Post #: 40
8/31/2022 15:07:23   
battlesiege15

Oh wow, the donations board just got a scramble. I dumped a bunch of tokens but I'm not sure that's going to be enough to keep me in top 100 sadly.

Good luck everyone!
AQ AQW  Post #: 41
8/31/2022 15:14:14   
PD

Logged in again to see that I once again fell out of the top 25. Though on a super good note we're already surpassed last year's <24hr pace by about 500k Z's with ~32 hours to go. Somewhat optimistic that we'll beat last year's total. And it's also a good sign that despite the fact that this year has more top slot winners, it hasn't diminished the participation level. In that it could even mean that more people are participating because the buy-in is relatively cheaper compared to previous years? I'd like to see a radical proposal be tested that we once again next year increase the number of winners. increase the top slot from 25-> 30?

Also honestly, Energy in recent years has become over-saturated. We've had Tempest Power Armors, Idol and Superstar Muscle Mages, Dark Invader, Jack Claws, Gnomish Tanks, Voltic Bloodzerker and Bloodmage recently. Not to mention that even if energy is the set element we'll be hard pressed to not compare it to Tempest Power Armor (though I doubt it'll ever be touched despite how much it sucks the design space out of energy items). It can only go badly from there.

If we're talking about coverage, then yes we should start with either Water or Ice if we're talking about elemental coverage (yes, even though last year's prize was Ice, though honestly Frostwyrm is just forgettable). Although honestly I'd like to see these coverages be handled with permanently available items instead of intermittently or permanently unavailable items. Even Darkness ironically hasn't had a lot of primary focus items. There's been plenty of armors that have had it allied or secondary but in the last 2 years out options for primary darkness are: Necromancer, Shadowfall Raiment, Silk Screamer, Werepyre Slayer, Hollowborn Conjurer, Umbralwalker (which is really a re-release of an item from 5 years ago), and Chaosborn Agent. And only the first two are permanently available AND not premium. If you're not a mage, then there's a good chance you still use Angel of Souls from 4 years ago if you're not using or Shadowfall Raiment. Then again, AQ has been the mage show for a very long time and likely won't change. :P

< Message edited by PD -- 8/31/2022 15:25:06 >
Post #: 42
8/31/2022 19:05:20   
Sapphire

I fell out of top 25 also, and don't think I have the heart to throw enough tokens at it to try and get into it. It would superbly be a downer if people threw 50k tokens to make it in, only to have it become a waste.

IMO, I know PD has been calling for some reforms to these and the two that I personally would like to see is a change to the "top" system. I just feel like when you look and see the top 30 right now are all over 100k tokens and the tracking is in massive increments of 50k, then 75k, then 100k, and that's it...that the tracking IMO should be narrowed down to at the very least 5k since that's the donation cap. This might allow for some better risk assessment to donating. But the fact that som eone might have donated 100k tokens and not obtain the armor IMO is a problem. There's should be thresholds similar to the bottom tier where you're guaranteed an item for X tokens..anyone with 100k+ should get the armor IMO, or even 75k...that's a LOT of tokens . Then give the color custom to top whatever...

And I really think we should know the info subs at the beginning of the contest. Not knowing to me is a problem, too. While there has been a track record of these being good items, that is still very subjective and whats good to me might not be to others, and thus could help figure out who the players will be. I might be willing to donate more if I knew how good the armor was, for example. And there just might be players who donated a lot, received the top items, and end up regretting it simply based on their personal opinion of the item. You really don't want to discourage participation and IMO, these minor changes to these contests would be for the betterment of it.

But we are closing in on nearly the last 24 hours. I don't know how much more movement we will see considering you have to hit not only over 100k to get into the top 25, but perhaps well over that since we really don't know the difference between # 25 and #30.

Good luck to all!!!

As for what the items will do, or be like, etc. I am for Wind element, personally. Maybe darkness is the secondary. I wouldn't mind the things LV1000 proposed, as it seems choke eat would be very cool considering I use choke a ton...but my personal preference is to have fantastic status bombs and resource heals or strong status inflictions over damage enhancers. Choke eat IMO would be cool on a pet/guest, or even a spell, or even on a misc...but have it increase a status or resource heal over more damage. Higher damage would make the items/set less desireable vs bosses, and this set of items IMO should be considered great to use versus them considering the oncoming rarity that they'll end up becoming.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 8/31/2022 19:15:47 >
Post #: 43
8/31/2022 19:10:24   
Jue Viole Grace

@PD you didnt mention Earth or wind which are low in the game
AQ DF  Post #: 44
8/31/2022 19:31:49   
PD

I didn't mention Wind because recently we've had quite a few wind armors recently: The last 2 MC sets before this year's golden were Lost Talon and Haunted Dragonlord, both which are wind. And not to mention that Fujin exists which is still pretty solid despite being almost 6 years old. And then there's also Wind Necro Calvary for mages. There's also Axemaster's Burden from 2019 which is good enough in my opinion considering the ease of the quest and the fact that it's one of the few armors that takes your weapon's element instead of a fixed element, allowing you to use it with trigger items like Caliburn, Zardbane, and Dragon Blade if that is your fancy. And then Retro Bard of war also exists if you also include premiums. Of course it's not the same bloat as energy but I'd say in my opinion that Wind actually is one of the better served elements. Though I get where people can come from because Wind usually isn't seen as an offensive element unlike Fire/Energy.

As for Earth in terms of armors I think you are right. Looking at the recent info subs there aren't as many primary Earths: Grenwog Slayer, Fortune Thief, Grenwog Rider. We do have other older options like Ultimate Hunter, Terra Zerker, Geo Bloodmage, Chimeran Rider and Morningstar though I'll probably get flak for saying that the later two count as viable coverage. Veywild was also Earth and maybe some people don't want another Earth prize. I still use Werewolf as my primary Earth Option so you likely right. At least the fact that it didn't come to mind speaks to how forgettable Earth armors tend to be. I'd be down for Earth though I'm not sure how much thematic sense it might be. Come to think about it the only options that do seem to make sense is probably Energy even though we've already established how bloated it is as an element. Maybe Earth does make sense only if you want to really emphasize raw strength and burliness but who knows?

< Message edited by PD -- 8/31/2022 19:36:38 >
Post #: 45
8/31/2022 20:00:49   
Sapphire

There's no pure offensive wind armor thats ultra desireable TBH. The armors mentioned are either FD, BM, spellcaster, or very niche (dragonlord) and although you could count Airenal's as something, it is an expensive thing and I'm personally not too excited about armors hidden in weapons when the weapon itself does nothing else besides the summons.

Again, all of this is very subjective but I prefer strong effects, status bombs, resource heals, etc over damage anyway so I guess that kind if flies in the face of my own argument.

I think the game has evolved to the point that you don't really have to ensure elemental coverage, so I agree to view an armor based on element alone is likely not the entire package to base opinions on. However, I do think looking at elements from a creative and design space standpoint should very much be considered when building something for the players. I am not saying this happens, but over-saturating any element wouldn't be good for the game. So elemental coverage does need to be part of the conversation regardless.

Earth is a good option, too. But is it thematically appropriate given the name and art of the set? Likely not. But we will see 8-)
Post #: 46
8/31/2022 23:06:45   
Korriban Gaming

Based off the theme, artwork, name of the item as well as past donation set's elements, it is highly likely to be dark this time round.

I was not expecting top 50 to go above 50k but it seems like it will. Top 25 is likely to be around the 200k mark from the looks of how things are going. Still considerably cheaper than past years. Personally no interest in the armor since there's a high chance it will be darkness. There's way too many good darkness armors in the game imo. Good luck to all!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
9/1/2022 0:17:36   
PD

24 hours left, we're in the home stretch now! Also we've officially passed last year's 1 day pace with 10.7m as of this post, versus last year's 8.9 million.

I think there's a strong likelihood we'll pass last year's total of 13.5 million, but a bold prediction; This year's pool will pass 16 million. Assuming that the total pool increases ~50% over the day like it did last year.

Also just received another 10,675 Z's in receipts. I stopped counting awhile ago but at this rate I must have received over free 50,000 Z's up to this point.
Post #: 48
9/1/2022 12:27:56   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The set will definitely not be Darkness since we have so many other options for that element. We now have a thread for your suggestions for the prizes https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22405060
AQ  Post #: 49
9/1/2022 23:04:50   
PD

1 hour to go! 30 15 10 minutes!

EDIT: We have passed last year's total amount! 14 million total! (as of this edit) Was my bold prediction of 16 million actually a conservative estimate?

EDIT2: IT IS OVER!!! Now let's see who made the cut momentarily... I myself probably cut it too closely, though I hope not. I noticed at the end in the span of 10 minutes we went from 14.3m to 15m. I received another 10K Z's at the last moments but I was not able to cash them back in.

EDIT3: And the total was... 16,124,050 tokens! This was just slightly ahead of my "bold" prediction of 16m. Am I a psychic o.o? Nah, I just added 50% to the total of 10.7 million from the start of today to arrive at that 16 million prediction. I think going forward that might actually be a good rule of thumb: The Prize Pool will increase ~50% on the last day. Which means roughly 33% of all the tokens will be donated on the last day, give or take.

Also I landed at #18 (roughly ~310k). At the very last moments I saw myself at #23, and after being forced by you maniacs to unload my reserves which I had been farming this entire year for (which is really why I farm so much for gold. Because gold farming is token farming!) and having to buy a 2-year bonus on another character, I managed to make the top cut. Though I'm proud to say that because of said efforts of extreme gold/token farming this entire year that is the only thing I have bought and was necessary to get me over the top. Though I'd wish that I'd had been able to save some for the Frostval Z-Contest in 3 months...

< Message edited by PD -- 9/2/2022 0:17:32 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Summer 2022 Season of Gifting & Independence Holiday Super Event
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition