Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= PaleSkull Champion Set Contest Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: =AQ= PaleSkull Champion Set Contest Suggestions
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2022 1:37:53   
Kurtz96

Thematically, I have always associate choke with Wind so I would like wind set here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
9/2/2022 4:43:39   
Sapphire

I actually rather like what PD has said.

If we went by some of the "powers" of the real show, it's much more thematic than the choke eat turns to elepower or elepower eat turns to choke dichotomy.

An armor or even a weapon that can create a complete status resist invincibility and turn that into an ele power IMO makes a ton of sense.

Maybe the armor could have a built in all negative status immunity that works in a way that instead of auto-resisting everything, there is the status inflict, you get a negative status, then the armor auto-eats the status and always turns it into an ele power. It's almost like status backlash of sorts except the backlash always buffs the armors damage and this ele power is permanent and can grow and grow if the enemy continues to try and inflict a status on you. The "I have the power" verbiage could display everytime this occurs.

If memory serves me correctly, the weapon is where much of He-Man's power is derived from and even so much as to say it changed the cowardly cat pet into the powerful pet.

If we honestly wanted to attempt to thematically "recreate" some of the cartoon's original idea and integrate them here, some of that makes more sense than the push by some to get their way.

And I also think like PD said, patience is virtue and inclusion is a great thing, so maybe there should be a little more time given for ideas and maybe some minds could possibly change provided the right idea come along?

If we were to see how the weapon could honestly be more of a focus around the theme,

You could do what PD said and maybe there could be a clickable skill as a stand alone effect by the weapon that eats all effects (removes like Necromancer absorb hex) and this turns the effects into ele power. And this ele power enhancement is GREATLY enhanced if you're also in the armor? And the weapon could also superbly buff the pet as well.

This to me would be more in line with the cartoon that inspired the set, than some of the stuff that was proposed. I think if there was a way to integrate the choke eat stuff somehow with the status kill ele power , etc it might then begin to take on a better idea since choke IMO does have some legs to stand on because He-Man was so resistant to anything thrown his way (like how maybe choke works) and so perhaps a well thought out combo of these ideas could be explored?

Post #: 27
9/2/2022 5:02:19   
Jue Viole Grace

also Wind armor along with Energy/Water would be amazing
AQ DF  Post #: 28
9/2/2022 7:56:59   
Branl

As a minor bit of criticism of Dreiko's suggestion:
The shield is out of place. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the set any better than any other source of Ele Empower. The initial suggestion for the weapon ate Ele Empower, hence why it's like that, but absent that suggestion, I suggest fielding different proposals for the shield. To get started, you could make a shield a generic Choke Potency Shield, or have it's functionality relate to inflicting choke itself. Very premature suggestions, and I encourage people to either chime in with their own suggestions or disagree with this point entirely and support the shield as is.

I'm honestly down to have donation sets in the future be FD, although I do understand that FO is far more popular a playstyle and I'm definitely outnumbered in that regard. I just want to make the interest known.

AQ DF  Post #: 29
9/2/2022 8:05:17   
Primate Murder

@ Korriban

Thanks! I've never seen it myself, but I scrolled through the wiki pages for some ideas.

On Dreiko's suggestion,

I appreciate and respect the thought that went into it, but I'm... not a fan? Allow me to apologize in advance if I offend anybody. I'll try to break it down item by item.

Shield

This seems like an attempt to create another pre-nerf CIT. It's what, an average of 30% extra damage (at no save!) from an expected 2-hit monster attack? 45-60% for duos and multi-hit mobs? I understand the desire to see big numbers on the screen, but I don't think outrunning the Bloodzerkers should be the way to go.

Weapon

The effect seems a little self-contradictory. If you're using a full-damage skill, you want the EleEmpowerment for extra damage. If you want to inflict choke, paying sp or sacrificing damage or getting some downside (like Hexbound's Burn) seems a better way to go. It doesn't even need to be a skill, a toggle would suffice.

Pet

Not much to say here. Myself, I'm a little tired of eater effects, especially ones that regen sp, but otherwise it's absolutely a matter of personal preference.

Misc

Misc has... Choke Potence. That's it. Everything else is just random stuff tacked on to make the space look less empty. And I'm not opposed to a Choke potence misc - we have far too few specific potencies! - but the rest of it could use some work, if only to cut down on the upkeep.

Note: I'm not touching the armor. I'm not among the top 25 and, well... All BKS memes aside, if you paid 200k tokens for it, you deserve your custom-made armor.

And, since I think criticism without any offered way to fix it is wasted air, here's my own take on the set. I tried to keep to the former theme (and the He-Man design) where I could.

Shield

Passive effect: all monster attacks gain +10 bth lean.

MC: cleanses you of all Choke and Panic statuses and replaces them with EleEmpowerment (all; power: 1.1x, lasts until the end of the battle). First time is free; each subsequent costs 100% melee sp.

Fairly simple. Bth lean reduces monster damage like a free Choke, and MC turns crippling effects into power like PD suggested.

Weapon (melee)

MC effect is a toggle. Click on the weapon to pay 25% melee sp. All weapon attacks deal *0.85 damage and autohit; the element switches to Harm. In addition, all your pet and guest attacks gain +12.75 bth.

Special: 10% chance to gain bonus Strength for 3 rounds. (*By the Power of Paleskull!)

Again, nothing complex. In keeping with the barbarian theme, the sword can rend defenses elemental and mundane.

Weapon (magic)

MC: your weapon attacks deal -10% damage, but your spells Mark the monster. While the monster is Marked, you gain Hypercritical (+56.25% LS rate). Monster can shake off the effect at the beginning of each turn (Int/Luck vs Int/Luck) with +0 bonus to save.

10% Special: does reduced damage but inflicts the monster with Sunderstruck. While the monster is affected, it loses 50 End and takes +25% damage from spells. Monster can shake off the effects at the beginning of each turn (Int/Luck vs Int/Luck) with +0 bonus to save.

Presumably based on Skeletor's staff, a purely spellcaster weapon.

Pet

Toggles between two modes.

Standard mode does no damage, but inflicts Choke (-42% damage) and DefLoss (-18 MRM) for one round. Monster can resist (Cha/Luck vs Cha/Luck) with +0 bonus to save.

Battle Cat mode pays 40% melee sp to deal 3x pet damage. Afterwards, monster becomes Wary (+6 MRM) of your battle cat for 4 rounds.

I haven't watched the show, so my understanding of the character comes purely from Wikipedia. In basic mode the monster is reduced to helpless laughter at the sight of the cringing tiger; then it transforms and the monster grows to regret its mirth.

Misc

Gives Cha and Luck.

-20 Choke Potency

MC is a compressed skill. Click on the misc to use Palecrown Command and inflict the monster with Choke (-46*MiscElement%) for 3 rounds. This also scares away your current pet (and disables the pet tab until the start of next turn to prevent abuse). Monster can resist (Cha/Luck vs Cha/Luck) with +0 bonus to save.

It is by no means perfect, but I just wanted to lay some alternatives out there. Come on, suggestion thread guys! This is your time to shine!
AQ DF  Post #: 30
9/2/2022 8:17:32   
LUPUL LUNATIC

I like Dreiko's and Aerin's suggestions for the set for the Shield. This is what i have won,i am not going to express my thoughts on higher tiers items but for the Shield and Misc (for what i have won basically), i just like the Shield suggestion a lot and hope it gets implemented somewhat in that flavour.

The only thing i dislike is the +20% damage generic on Misc, personally for more flavor with the set i would make it an Elemental Empowerment effect as follows:

quote:

Click on misc to toggle it to "Get the Power" from your active Pet. It will give you an Omni Elemental Empowerment effect (with always useful penalty /QC) that starts at [20% + 20% *YourCHA/ExpCHA] *0.9. Your next Pet attack will have a *0 damage modifier.

I think the flavor is really working out with the entire set misc wise

< Message edited by LUPUL LUNATIC -- 9/2/2022 10:13:17 >
AQ  Post #: 31
9/2/2022 11:26:28   
Jue Viole Grace

Dreiko's and Aerin's suggestions didnt include a misc or the misc basically had choke potency.I Love LUPUL LUNATIC misc idea and would love to see it get implemented it follows the shield idea and follows HE-MAN.Hopefully others folllow suit and support LUPUL LUNATIC misc idea
AQ DF  Post #: 32
9/2/2022 19:39:09   
PD

@Primate Murder: I actually love that idea on the magic weapon! In the show Skeletor spies on He-man using the staff so I think it makes sense that the staff should be able to boost your lucky strikes and/or BTH.

Come to think about it do we have any idea if there's even a ranged weapon? There doesn't seem to be any artwork for it. He has been seen using things like Bolas and Grappling Hooks. Perhaps we could have it so that they do reduced damage, and then if the enemy fails the save they are Entangled and/or defLoss'd.

Also interesting idea to put the suggestion I had from the weapon to the shield. At least it was my idea that it should have been on the weapon as a slight balancing mechanism because SP regenerating items tend to be more frequent and stronger on the weapon slot. At least shield SP regeneration isn't as strong as weapon SP regeneration. Though on the other hand putting it on the shield may limit its usage because it wouldn't be swappable to other elements as easily as weapons to do enemy modifiers (you can't change the element of your enemy's attacks, but you CAN change their resists!). Interesting take though and each approach has its pros and cons.
Post #: 33
9/2/2022 20:41:54   
Sapphire

Shield:
Choke Potency 10
2 Toggles- Toggle 1-> Inflicts Choke when hits land, grows per landed hit
Toggle 2-> Player gains ElePower per blocked hit, grows per blocked hit Both SP upkeeps

Misc:
+50 Cha + 50 End
2 Toggles- Toggle 1-> Scaling Stat Increase-> The more choke % is on the monster, the more STR/DEX/INT is added to your stats for attacks/spells the next round. (/2 for spells?) 0% Choke = +100 stat. This is for 1 round.
Tops out at +100 added onto your stats if 0% choke. This is not a choke eater, rather just a damage enhancer if choke is inflicted and grows as choke grows.

Toggle 2-> Inflicts HP barrier each round and will do so even if you don't attack like the Daw miscs, gains in potency based on wind element. HP barriers enhance choke effects.

***If shield and Misc are both equipped, the shield's choke potency goes to 20***

Pet:
2 Toggles-
Toggle 1-> Pure damage with +5% MC and additional +20% additional Melee add-on for an upkeep to inflict Choke. Upkeep can toggle between MP and SP. No upkeep removes the choke aspect, but the pet still attacks.
Toggle 2-> 0 B/R damage, normal CHa based stat damage. 0 CHA = 0 damage, so this is sort of a "booster pet" of sorts in this mode for non BM. Eats Choke, but this gives the player +% Elepower. # of rounds of choke removed = number of rounds of elepower, and % Choke removed = the amount of elepower. If you have 6 rounds of 50% choke inflicted, this gives the player 6 rounds of +50% elepower. 0% choke = +100 elepower. This also leaves a -50% Eleshield on the player for 1 round.

This choke eat transfers from pet to the player and the pet does 0 damage , so it will leave -50% eleshield for 1 round.

If there is no active choke, it defaults to toggle 1. If there is no upkeep, the pet does not inflict choke.

Weapons:
~Toggles between 0 Proc and 30% Proc
~0 Proc version-> Clickable quick cast skill to eat choke (100% melee SP) (same type of formulas as panic/fear eating) However, 1/3rd of effect is +% Elepower, 1/3rd goes towards a HP heal, 1/3rd goes to +% hypercrit.

~30 Proc version-> +15% pet damage when held. When the weapon procs, it takes the standard Melee% in damage that a 30 proc weapon would normally do, and does the same Melee% as a damage enhancer to your pet. This essentially skips your turn (if proc'd) and enhances your pets damage. (in addition to the +15%) The weapon points to the pet to power it up upon proccing. This means +15% pet damage for holding it, then taking the Melee value of a 30 proc special and transferring it to your pet as a damage enhancer. This works for all pets. If the pet is the battlecat from the set, this damage amount the pet gains doubles as a set bonus. This works on the Battlecat's two toggles. The 0 damage toggle now gains damage.

Armor:

Toggles between FO and FD. FD will cater to BM's. You must decide which version, like summer raiments armor, and it locks you to your decision for rest of the battle.

Flavor effect: Status Immunity in the form of status backlash. All status attempted will auto-hit backlash to the monster, no save. 2% Higher WIND element than normal to pay for this. It's fine due it being choke based.

Toggle 1-> FO. 2 skills. Skill 1 is quick cast +% Elepower (3 rounds) and Imbue choke (choke amount based on damage formula like mason form) 120% Melee SP
Skill 2 is a quick cast Eat choke to inflict Fragile. Fragile amount is increased based on amount of choke. The fragile is *permanent* Skill is Free because it's just transferring effects.

Toggle 2-> FD. 2 skills. Skill 1 is quick cast and changes all attacks, spells, skills that use luck to instead use charisma for BTH, blocking, and lucky strikes. (Safiria's Kneeboard for everything as long as you're in the armor) This is shown as "Imbue Charisma" in the status bar. This mode also brings magic and Ranged attacks up to melee strength. (So this is a FD armor using all weapons at Melee strength, and also uses charisma stats) Quick cast, 3 rounds. 120% melee cost
Skill 2 is a quick cast to Eat choke to give pet hypercrit. The higher the choke removed, the higher the pet hypercrit. This is free because it's just transferring effects.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/2/2022 20:56:17 >
Post #: 34
9/2/2022 21:28:03   
Jue Viole Grace

I mean i made a suggestion for ranged but my idea kinda sucked but who knows may be used
AQ DF  Post #: 35
9/2/2022 21:40:54   
kreem

Pet and Misc can be a toggle for berserk on player side and maybe enemy side. I'd like it to be a 20+ berserk. Pet can toggle between that berserk effect and a pet LS effect.

The pet should have a strong damage effect or SP regen effect IMO

Love the ideas in the thread
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
9/2/2022 21:58:26   
Branl

I dunno why I was under the impression the empower eater from the set was removed, but there goes my objection to the shield.
I still think we can field alternate suggestions for the misc. I've seem some interesting pet suggestions as well, so I'll be keeping an eye out.

EDIT: Not my suggestion (came from the person that made the original set suggestion), but I think it's a better way of handling the shield (since the original proposal is legitimately too strong):

quote:

Shield:
MC: Toggles between 2 modes:
Potence Mode: -20 Choke Potence
EleEmpower Mode: Pays +(15/1.4)% damage taken + MC to apply a +(20/0.85/2x1.01)% = +11.88% damage Omni ELeEmpower effect for 1 turn for every hit that the player connects with on their previous turn (with the shield equipped). This has a cap of 4 hits, or +47.53% damage.

Still not sure what the misc should do.

< Message edited by Branl -- 9/2/2022 23:12:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 37
9/3/2022 0:12:36   
Korriban Gaming

Since some new ideas have been thrown out, I will add that something more interesting can be done with the misc item. I do like both Sapphire as well as Lupul's ideas for the misc. With regards to the other items, I'm still in support for what Dreiko and Lv1000 has presented thus far. Secondary elements for the set I wouldn't mind it being Water and/or Energy
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
9/3/2022 10:44:12   
Lv 1000

quote:

EDIT: Not my suggestion (came from the person that made the original set suggestion), but I think it's a better way of handling the shield (since the original proposal is legitimately too strong):

quote:

Shield:
EleEmpower Mode: Pays +(15/1.4)% damage taken + MC to apply a +(20/0.85/2x1.01)% = +11.88% damage Omni ELeEmpower effect for 1 turn for every hit that the player connects with on their previous turn (with the shield equipped). This has a cap of 4 hits, or +47.53% damage.

Yep this is the rework of my shield suggestion.

Below are some small notes for the Armor and a rework of the Misc suggestion.

quote:

Armor:
Mounted Mode: Normal attack is 2 hits.
Dismounted Mode: Normal attack is 4 hits.

- Note: Just some synergy with the shield effect.

Misc:
+50 CHA/LUK
x0.5 [Element] Resist

Effect: Pays 20% misc damage bonus + MC and attempts to inflict a ([20+5]/0.7/0.85/1.4x[Hits/Attempts])% = 30.01x[Hits/Attempts]% Choke for 1 turn after all player normal attacks, specials, spells, etc. This has a -20 Save Bonus, player MainStat/LUK vs. monster END/LUK

Set Bonus (Requirements: Misc + Shield + Weapon): The above Choke is instead a ([20+15]/0.7/0.85/1.4x[Hits/Attempts])% = 42.02x[Hits/Attempts]% Choke for 1 turn

- Upkeep: At lv 150, the upkeep for this would be ~93 SP

The resistance is a huge portion of the SP upkeep (~44 SP of ~93 SP), I'd be up for removing it but I'm not sure what to replace it with as the misc would feel very bare bones without a 3rd effect.

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 9/3/2022 10:50:06 >
Post #: 39
9/3/2022 12:02:31   
LUPUL LUNATIC

quote:

Shield:

Golden Head Shield does not have a turn delay, when equipped you get +5% LS chance before getting the chance to block and i think its a better effect because the turn delay i think its mostly an arbitrary value as compensation.

So the only change i prefer is to remove the turn delay(x1.01) and get +20% Empower(15% damage taken +5% MC) on your first turn with Shield equipped and then scale it as already stated just without the x1.01 delay.
The detriment of not having +20% empower first turn is definitely not worth the x1.01 after that(Like only after 100 turns you are going to compensate the first turn which is not going to happen anytime). And i prefer moving away from x1.01 turn delays for the same reason.
Otherwise im happy with the rework

< Message edited by LUPUL LUNATIC -- 9/3/2022 12:08:05 >
AQ  Post #: 40
9/3/2022 13:13:44   
RobynJoanne

@battlesiege15
To be honest, I really don't want yet another Fear set. We've already had two dedicated sets to Fear, and Fear is already a heavily supported status effect even outside those two sets. Other status effects deserve some love.

I do like the idea of an FD Mount, but it's not my place to dictate what the top 25 get when I'm not one of them. Of the top 25, everyone has an FO or Backlash character, though I do know many have FD alts.

@Primate Murder
I haven't made any suggestions of my own since I know nothing about He-Man, so I'm only judging items mechanically. I'm not a fan of the effects you've chosen from a mechanical perspective.
Shield: Cleansing Choke and Panic is a very niche effect. There are not many monsters that inflict either status effect. Monsters have tags that aren't normally shown, but these tags often include the status effects monsters will inflict if they do inflict any. There are only four monsters who inflict Choke or Panic according to these tags. I also dislike passive BtH leans on the monster. It often feels like cheating. It's very easy to reduce one's MRM to such an extent that one cannot dodge any attack, so a positive BtH lean on the monster is just free damage reduction.
Weapon (Melee): This feels random. There's a DefLoss effect on the pet, but that's when it deals no damage. The autohit on the weapon just conflicts with that. Stat buffs are also a completely inconsistent mechanic. There's no accepted value for stat buffs anywhere in the game, so I dislike them on principle right now, as they only add to the workload the devs will have in the future when they need to fix this issue.
Weapon (Magic): I'll be honest. I really dislike this weapon's mechanics. All Lucky Strike effects in the game are valued incorrectly and cost less than they should. Spell boosters are also valued incorrectly and provide a stronger boost than they should. Stat buffs are an inconsistent mechanic, and stat debuffs are similarly inconsistent. You're also adding more status effects to the game, which, unless they stop being unique, will be extra work for the devs for a single item.
Pet: The first mode is like a non-autohit version of Mogdin. It seems like you're trying to avoid dealing with Booster mechanics by doing this, but, at the same time, you're also breaking the standard of 50% damage + MC that pets can pay for effects. The lack of autohit also makes DefLoss unfavorable. It's no secret that people dislike DefLoss, and a primary reason is that it's an effect that requires accuracy to increase accuracy. If one's accuracy is already good enough to hit, more accuracy is just wasted. The second mode is just extreme powercreep. We don't have any pets that do even remotely close to 3x damage. The most is Nugget at +100% damage.
Misc: A Cha misc that takes away your pet for an effect just seems counterintuitive. The number you're getting also seems far too high for an effect that's basically just worth 40% Melee.
And, above everything else, I don't see how the items work together. They share some themes, but many of their effects seem to have anti-synergy if anything. The pet does massive damage but is removed by the misc. The Magic weapon is completely spell-reliant, but there's no spell in the set.

I know I'm just criticizing things here without much constructive feedback, but your suggestions just seem to break a lot of the design principles that we've come to expect. They add to an already massive backlog of balance tweaks. They powercreep other items in the game by a substantial amount. They have a surfeit of unique mechanics.

@LV 1000
I still think the weapon doesn't work all that well with the armor since the weapon's effect takes a turn just like the weapon-based skills of the armor. I'd prefer if the weapon were like Jalek's Panic Reaver and could QC eat the EleEmpower to inflict Choke. However, since efficient weapon-based skills are so popular right now, I don't know if this idea would be more popular than the current one.

I also don't know if shields can toggle their MCs the way miscs and pets can. Rune Breaker Defender has its MC shift when a condition is met, which implies the devs are okay with the idea of MCs changing on shields, but that's not quite the same.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 9/3/2022 17:06:21 >
Post #: 41
9/3/2022 15:34:21   
battlesiege15

Yeah, Fear is definitely been used already as has bleed. Just wanted to give my two cents :)
AQ AQW  Post #: 42
9/3/2022 17:22:55   
GwenMay

I have several things to say.

First, I strongly believe people should only have a say over rewards they will actually receive. I have seen several people in this thread (@battlesiege15, @SapphireCatalyst2021, and @Primate Murder specifically) making suggestions for donation items they didn't win and which nobody who did win those items supports. I think it would be extremely unfair for those suggestions to be made over suggestions by people who did win the relevant tiers for reasons that should be obvious, especially since @Hollow specifically called for "input from the winners on what they'd like to see from their prizes."

Second, "Dreiko's suggestion" (which has received support from 16 of the top 25) is not really "his" suggestion alone or even mostly, which he acknowledged in his post. The suggestion is actually the product of weeks of collaboration between a lot of people who knew they were going for the top prizes and who actually did end up in the top 25. There's a reason so many of the top 25 immediately jumped to support that suggestion in whole or in large part --- it's because they had seen it before and already given their input and approval. That suggestion is also the product of consulting with players (like Lv 1000) who know the mathematics and balance of AQ on a level that almost rivals AQ's staff. We all want a strong, synergistic, and thematic set, but the simple fact of the matter is that too many cooks in the kitchen will ruin dinner or, in this case, the donation set design. So, while of course anyone can suggest whatever they like, I would urge them to stay within the general framework of the suggestion most of the top donators have already approved. I don't want to get into the weeds criticizing suggestions here, but most of the new or reworked suggestions that people in this thread have been making are either fundamentally flawed or boring/underpowered, or both.

Finally, I would like to talk about "fairness" and donation set suggestions. Donation suggestions are unique in AQ's yearly calendar because it is one of the few times where staff *predictably* and seriously considers player suggestions before designing items. Now, in my opinion the AQ staff do an amazing job of having open communications with their playerbase, and I have personally seen them respond to player feedback time and time again. Usually, however, it is on a case-by-case basis, and it's really only the last few years of donation sets where they've let players have a big say in designing specific items ahead of time. So, I understand that people get excited about making suggestions for items that might actually get made.

The question then becomes whether staff should prioritize certain players' input, specifically the top tier winners, over others. I think the answer is obviously yes. The top 25 this year easily donated over half of the 16.1 million total, and probably more; the top 50 collectively likely made over 90% of the total donations. For Lorithia's sake, the top 2 donated 1/8 of the total. A lot of the winners each year, including me, are also repeat donators who have personally donated millions (yes, plural) of tokens over the years. The only rewards we may get for these donations are the donation prizes (assuming we get lucky and aren't sniped), and so I do think the opinion of someone who donates 250,000 (which was around the minimum for the top 25 this year) should be prioritized over the opinion of someone who donates 2,000 or 10,000. The top 50 have a better claim (the 75,000 minimum this year is the highest I've seen it go), but even that is a fraction of the lowest donator in the top 25. Besides the simple fairness of giving top donators more say (you put more in, you get more out), giving top donators more say encourages more donations and thus helps everyone.

The top donators are also much more invested in having a worthwhile set (having donated more) and so are likely to have spent more time debating ideas. For the last three years staff has asked us for suggestions, the top tier have been able to coordinate a suggestion supported by a clear majority of the top group. This is useful for staff, because it's a better reflection of player opinion than random posts on a forum by whomever sees the thread, and it's useful for the top donators because it makes us more involved collectively in the process. It's also useful for all donators; there was a noticeable bump these last two years in the quality of the donation set rewards than when staff didn't take player input pre Veywild. So, not to belabor the point much longer, I think it is fair that top donators get more of a say than the average donator.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/3/2022 17:53:40   
GwenMay

On an unrelated note, I think the PaleSkull armor desperately needs a female version. The current preview is quite clearly a "male only" armor, and I think all the female winners (and winners with female characters/alts) would really appreciate having a female version, even if it's just minor edits.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
9/3/2022 19:28:09   
Sapphire

I'd be more than willing to delete my armor suggestion considering I did not win it. But not winning something shouldn't disqualify any random person from offering ideas that others may like and wish to integrate who may have very well won the armor.

Anyhow, now that we have come to others attempting to shut down other's suggestions/opinions officially, I just wanted to point it out that regardless of the exact words Hollow used, that's not okay to do. What happened to community involvement?

What else is also not okay is the top 25 (or actually, in some cases those who didn't win anything) are attempting dictate to the totality of the suggestions. Even for the 1k and 2k prizes, and 26-50 winners ..those items should also have some input from those winners too, no? Or are you saying because the top 25 also won the armor, ie donated the most, then the rest of players ought to just accept what the top 25 want and stay quiet? Even if one wanted to think that way, it would be wise to consider this isn't about who gets the priority idea but rather taking on a collection of ideas from the community and finding the best ideas and implementing a set of items that turns out fantastic. The optics of the former wouldn't look good, so I would hope staff sees that and I think they actually do. Impartiality is professional. And I think they're impartial.

I get we all would want something that synergizes well. A random fear misc with a dodgelash shield with a choke pet likely doesn't make a ton of sense. So the totality of the suggestion does in fact matter and I recognize that.

But we can't continue to shove one's beliefs, suggestions, ideas, and general gameplay desires down everyone's throat because you spent the most.

I think other players have mentioned the misc might could use some spicing up, so maybe it would be a better use of all our time and energy as a community fleshing that out rather than authoritarian methods.

I would *love* to hear ideas from the 26-50 crowd and anyone else who got the 1k/2k items.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/3/2022 20:24:32 >
Post #: 45
9/3/2022 19:53:33   
dizzle

I did help with the initial suggestion posted by dreiko. That’s not to say I don’t want to hear other peoples opinions about the set though. Hollow did start a thread for a reason and I think it’s good to get multiple ideas from all sorts of people in the community so long as nobody gets their feelings hurt if person a doesn’t like person b’s idea, or if person a doesn’t get mad that person b’s idea got implemented over their own. I don’t want to mini mod but let’s keep it civil and constructive here, I’ve seen a lot of good ideas and we should all be happy that our suggestions are seriously being considered for this set. Positive vibes only

With all that being said - I’ll go more in depth on my thoughts for the items.

Misc: The initial misc suggestion was fairly generic, but very very strong. It would instantly get vaulted into one of the best in the game and has use cases for all builds and play styles. Are you guys just looking for something unique? A clickable skill? Something that’s universal for all builds? Also do you guys prefer having potency tied to a misc? I prefer potency coming from a shield or pet personally, but any choke potency at all will be welcome. Anyway, I’ll be honest I don’t necessary like the idea of my misc completely negating my pet for an entire turn but that’s just my opinion. I’m perfectly fine with the initial suggestion from dreikos post but I’m also not opposed to the revised suggestion from lvl 1000 or lupuls suggestion.

Shield: Initial suggestion was pretty nasty ngl. Probably a little bit too much but I still liked the idea of it. The revised suggestion is also a good one, but I agree with lupul in that having to wait a turn for the effect to be activated is just kinda a feels bad moment, especially since it’s such a FO effect. Most people won’t want to wait a turn myself included.

Armor: I definitely wanted a lean shift toggle but I was severely outnumbered in that idea so it kinda got tossed unfortunately. I do like lv 1000s idea of changing the hit count depending on if you’re mounted or dismounted, but I’m not sure if that’s realistic or not since I’m sure the items and animations are mostly made, they just need the effects added to them. If it’s possible though I would really like it.

Weapon: lol I don’t even know. I’m open to any and all discussions. The initial suggestion seemed good when we thought about it at first because we have forms of qc ele empower that we could eat right away for some cheesy boosted damage, but it does seem kinda weird to eat ele empower. It seems contradictory.

Pet: big fan of it I hope it gets implemented exactly as the initial suggestion is.

I didn’t really add in any suggestions because I’m not super creative but in the hopes of sparking more discussion I just decided to Toss in my 2 cents as well. Still can’t wait till I finally get the whole set in my inv
AQ  Post #: 46
9/3/2022 20:59:09   
Jue Viole Grace

Considering this is my first donation and I succeeded in being top 10 I agree with what gwen has to say everyone has their own opinion and suggestion but for people not winning certain items I feel there suggestion should be considered less only because they will not recieve the item.
My thoughts on the items

Misc- Still love lupul suggestion
Armor- still love @Dreiko Shadrack's and @Lv 1000's but I prefer it being based on player hit than being hit. It's kind of biased against rangers as it stands.(stolen from a friend but i agree) Also in the future would love to see some sets be FD would be a nice change
Pet- the pet idea is good
Weapon- Would love to see the ranged a sniper bow but im biased because im a ranger
Shield-Love the idea would like to see the shield become quickcast
thx for the read team cant wait for my first summer dono full set (pls no fear or bleed)
AQ DF  Post #: 47
9/3/2022 22:53:34   
RobynJoanne

@SapphireCatalyst2021
I've gone through the trouble of going through all the effects of your suggestions. Please don't reduce criticism to solely ad hominem attacks against you specifically.
quote:

Shield:
Choke Potency 10
2 Toggles- Toggle 1-> Inflicts Choke when hits land, grows per landed hit
Toggle 2-> Player gains ElePower per blocked hit, grows per blocked hit Both SP upkeeps

Choke Potency +10 is similar to the Backlash Potency +10 of Doomlight. Since the shield itself inflicts Choke, it's been decided that the Potency is halved compared to normal.
Since Choke Potency is already the MC, the shield must pay in some way for its toggles. It can take -3 MRM or +5/1.4% damage taken.
Toggle 1: Shields don't usually have effects based on hits landed, but we do have Mecha Knight Defender as an example. Using that as an example, we know that these effects are basically the same as a theoretical weapon version of the same effect, except with the standard /0.85 for assumed BtH instead of /(0.85+[BtH lean]/100) for weapons.
Since Melee % wasn't specified, I'll use 20% Melee as an example since that's what Frost Titan Head uses.
20% Melee/0.85/2/0.85/1.4=19.77% damage reduction for 1 turn per hit inflicted
/0.85 for hit rate
/2 for assumed hit count of 2 hits per turn
/0.85/1.4 for the conversion to Choke
Toggle 2: I'm not sure why a Choke set has dodge elements, but who am I to judge?
This is a Brightslayer Bulwark clone using Frost Titan Head's mechanics, so we can just pull those. Again, I'm using 20% Melee since Melee % wasn't specified.
20%/2/0.15=+66.67% damage per hit blocked up to a max of 4 hits (This wasn't specified, but Frost Titan Head made 4 the maximum for these kinds of effects.)
/2 for monster's assumed hit count
/0.15 for assumed dodge rate

quote:

Misc:
+50 Cha + 50 End
2 Toggles- Toggle 1-> Scaling Stat Increase-> The more choke % is on the monster, the more STR/DEX/INT is added to your stats for attacks/spells the next round. (/2 for spells?) 0% Choke = +100 stat. This is for 1 round.
Tops out at +100 added onto your stats if 0% choke. This is not a choke eater, rather just a damage enhancer if choke is inflicted and grows as choke grows.

Toggle 2-> Inflicts HP barrier each round and will do so even if you don't attack like the Daw miscs, gains in potency based on wind element. HP barriers enhance choke effects.

Toggle 1: First off, as I mentioned previously, stat buffs have no standard. Anything used would be arbitrary nonsense. Second, this is not how triggers work. We'd have to make an entirely new standard for this kind of thing. To do that, we'd have to determine what the assumed amount of Choke on a monster would be, which would be a completely arbitrary measure because every source of Choke is different. We'd probably treat that arbitrary base amount as 1.5x the Melee % we pay for this effect. Except, this is a toggle item. You can choose to activate this trigger at any time without a downtrigger. Should such a thing really be a trigger then? I think it's pretty clear this effect has serious balance issues.
Toggle 2: This is basically a passive healing effect. We have miscs that provide passive healing and can use those as examples. I have no idea how HP Barrier are supposed to enhance Choke effects here. I'd assume this would be like the Necromancer passive that reduces damage from non-Darkness standard elemental attacks while a Barrier is up. Necromancer reduces damage by 10%. Since Necromancer is a Darkness armor, reducing non-Darkness damage should be a discounted effect since you're not expected to use it for non-Darkness attacks. I have no idea how the 10% damage reduction came about, but the misc will definitely have to pay for this effect.

quote:

***If shield and Misc are both equipped, the shield's choke potency goes to 20***

We don't have solely misc + another item FSBs. It goes against the whole idea of an FSB being free due to inherent limitations given there's no major downside to using a misc with a shield. At the very least, 5% Melee is indeed what this FSB would be worth if the devs are okay with this hand-wavy FSB.

quote:

Pet:
2 Toggles-
Toggle 1-> Pure damage with +5% MC and additional +20% additional Melee add-on for an upkeep to inflict Choke. Upkeep can toggle between MP and SP. No upkeep removes the choke aspect, but the pet still attacks.
Toggle 2-> 0 B/R damage, normal CHa based stat damage. 0 CHA = 0 damage, so this is sort of a "booster pet" of sorts in this mode for non BM. Eats Choke, but this gives the player +% Elepower. # of rounds of choke removed = number of rounds of elepower, and % Choke removed = the amount of elepower. If you have 6 rounds of 50% choke inflicted, this gives the player 6 rounds of +50% elepower. 0% choke = +100 elepower. This also leaves a -50% Eleshield on the player for 1 round.

This choke eat transfers from pet to the player and the pet does 0 damage , so it will leave -50% eleshield for 1 round.

If there is no active choke, it defaults to toggle 1. If there is no upkeep, the pet does not inflict choke.

Toggle 1: There's nothing here about status rolls, so I'm assuming this is a guaranteed infliction.
20% Melee/0.85/1.4=-16.80%*[EleResist]*[Hits]/[Attempts] damage Choke
Toggle 2: EleEmpower is not worth the same as Choke, so this conversion is wrong. EleEmpower is a 1:1 conversion. +100% damage costs 100% Melee. -100% damage Choke for 1 turn is worth 119% Melee. When converting, the EleEmpower should instead be 1.19* the Choke.
6 rounds of -50% damage converts to 6 rounds of +59.5% damage
An EleShield is worth Melee %/1.4. To get a -50% EleShield, we'd need 70% Melee, and since a pet is only worth 40% Melee with full Cha investment, -50% damage is incredibly overpowered. Since this is essentially a Booster, it gets the normal Poelala Outleveling Formula and *(0.5+0.5*[Cha]) with a cap of 1.1*.
It wasn't specifed if this would be an All EleShield or not, but I assume it is. I'll also scale it with resist.
40% Melee/1.4=-28.57%*[EleResist]*(0.5+0.5*[Cha]) All EleShield

quote:

Weapons:
~Toggles between 0 Proc and 30% Proc
~0 Proc version-> Clickable quick cast skill to eat choke (100% melee SP) (same type of formulas as panic/fear eating) However, 1/3rd of effect is +% Elepower, 1/3rd goes towards a HP heal, 1/3rd goes to +% hypercrit.

~30 Proc version-> +15% pet damage when held. When the weapon procs, it takes the standard Melee% in damage that a 30 proc weapon would normally do, and does the same Melee% as a damage enhancer to your pet. This essentially skips your turn (if proc'd) and enhances your pets damage. (in addition to the +15%) The weapon points to the pet to power it up upon proccing. This means +15% pet damage for holding it, then taking the Melee value of a 30 proc special and transferring it to your pet as a damage enhancer. This works for all pets. If the pet is the battlecat from the set, this damage amount the pet gains doubles as a set bonus. This works on the Battlecat's two toggles. The 0 damage toggle now gains damage.

I don't recall ever getting a weapon that could toggle between 0-Proc and weapon special. It feels like cheating.
0-Proc: I'm assuming this pays 100% Melee and then converts Choke into more Melee % for this effect. I have no idea where the "same type of formulas as Panic/Fear Eating" comes from.
EleEmpower is a 1:1 conversion as stated previously.
HP Heal: Using Terror Totem and Ghost Hound as examples, this doesn't take an auto-hit penalty or an always-useful penalty (or rather, it shouldn't after the base 33% Melee). The source of Choke would have already taken any necessary penalties, but the base 33% Melee hasn't.
Hypercrit is still a status effect that costs too little for how much it does.
30-Proc: A 30-Proc weapon special is worth (0.1+0.3)/0.3=1.33 Melee. That's +333% pet damage. You also get the base +15% pet damage, which is itself more than the worth of an MC (As Foam Finger's info-subs note, an MC is worth +12.5% pet damage), for +348% damage. The weapon/pet "FSB" doubles this to +699% damage. This is not how FSBs work. An FSB is worth 5% Melee with two items, and this is again a hand-wavy FSB.

quote:

Armor:

Toggles between FO and FD. FD will cater to BM's. You must decide which version, like summer raiments armor, and it locks you to your decision for rest of the battle.

Flavor effect: Status Immunity in the form of status backlash. All status attempted will auto-hit backlash to the monster, no save. 2% Higher WIND element than normal to pay for this. It's fine due it being choke based.

Toggle 1-> FO. 2 skills. Skill 1 is quick cast +% Elepower (3 rounds) and Imbue choke (choke amount based on damage formula like mason form) 120% Melee SP
Skill 2 is a quick cast Eat choke to inflict Fragile. Fragile amount is increased based on amount of choke. The fragile is *permanent* Skill is Free because it's just transferring effects.

Toggle 2-> FD. 2 skills. Skill 1 is quick cast and changes all attacks, spells, skills that use luck to instead use charisma for BTH, blocking, and lucky strikes. (Safiria's Kneeboard for everything as long as you're in the armor) This is shown as "Imbue Charisma" in the status bar. This mode also brings magic and Ranged attacks up to melee strength. (So this is a FD armor using all weapons at Melee strength, and also uses charisma stats) Quick cast, 3 rounds. 120% melee cost
Skill 2 is a quick cast to Eat choke to give pet hypercrit. The higher the choke removed, the higher the pet hypercrit. This is free because it's just transferring effects.

Flavor Effect: Complete status immunity + reflection. I don't even know how to value this. I can value 2% higher Wind resists. Assumed resists are 13% with a shield. 15% Wind resist is 15/13=1.15* damage. That's 21.5% Melee every turn. This is barely enough to heal a single status effect (15% Melee) let alone reflect any and all status effects.
FO:
Skill 1: Mason Forms pay 100% for their effect: 50% for the Imbue and 50% for the Choke. You're paying 20% Melee for the 3-turn EleEmpower, which is +6.67% damage for 3 turns. I'll assume this is locked to the Imbue element to waive the always-useful penalty.
Skill 2: Skill debuffs have no standard value.
FD:
Skill 1: For some reason, replacement effects only cost an MC, so the Luk portion would cost 5% Melee per turn in theory. Replacement MCs are also among the most overpowered effects in the game. "This mode also brings magic and Ranged attacks up to melee strength. (So this is a FD armor using all weapons at Melee strength, and also uses charisma stats)" I have no idea what this means. Ranged weapons are already at 100% Melee. What does FD have to do with anything? Anyway, since Magic weapons are worth 75% Melee, bringing them up to Melee damage would cost 25% Melee per turn.
Skill 2: Pet Hypercrit is also undervalued and costs too little.
Post #: 48
9/3/2022 23:41:29   
Sapphire

Roby, Appreciate the feedback. I think it was you and I fleshing out some Ranger idea on youtube a while back. The way you present yourself is mostly respectful, and so if you have something to say, please say it.

PS (BTW, no luck on "precision hit" ? blah, Ranger ramp up is baaaaad)

I do not know of specific standards to drill down what would take an idea then see if it can be balanced. While this may automatically remove any suggestion from contention, the spirit of the idea presented is the most important thing and so I do not make a suggestion as a "take it like this " idea.

Attempting to drill down what it would look like, or even making comments if something is inside/outside balance standards is very welcome by me.

Secondly, if something doesn't have a standard in place, that isn't new nor will it be the last time. I can see how one would want to be cautious with those ideas though, but it will never preclude me from such a suggestion because I firmly believe the following: While Balance -> Fun (meaning if the game is too difficult or too easy, it becomes boring), I also believe alongside that idea is Fun > Balance. And this is where that tight rope comes into play. PCO is more fun than balanced. And Fun > Balance for game growth, as long as it's within bounds. So my suggestions stem from that.

And third, I tried to look at the items as stand-alone, as mini FSB like with some "package" items we have access to, as well as with the entire set as a whole in an attempt to keep everyone in mind, whether they got everything, only a couple things, or only 1 thing.

In regards to the shield, I offered a toggle to widen the playing field, so to speak. While some players might simply view this as a "eleempower/choke set", as I tried to keep some of that theme, I also wanted to use togglable effects in case a player wants to play in other styles with the same item. Limiting the shield to a singular playstyle limits those who will receive the miscs ability to use it. If I prefer blocking, I'll use the dodge side. If I want to play choke, I'll use that side. Every player plays in different ways. Thats the basis of thought. (with other items too)

In regards to the misc and mini FSB, yes these are new ideas. If these make the ideas auto-null and void, I understand. I do think if staff wanted to test new stuff, the donation items might be an area to try, especially top 50 stuff. But I understand your points.

In regards to the pet, I would have a status rolls here. I just didn't list anything...ie going back to the beginning of my post. However, working through the math side to attempt to enable the idea again, is welcome. if it means parts of the idea needs scrapped due to it being OP or whatnot, then that's how it is.

In regards to the weapon, again a new idea. A toggle that changes the proc (outside of 100 proc) I understand some of the math looks very OP, but I would argue that a weapon that would normal have a special not actually hitting the monster, then instead gets transferred to the pet and the pets damage is enhanced by the exact amount of damage as the special would have done to me while a new idea, isn't OP at all. It's simply new. I wanted to find a way, like when you see He-Man turn the frightened cat into the Ferocious battle-cat by pointing his magical sword at him. It's simply a transfer of damage, 30% of the time, to the pet. The damage kind of goes unchanged for the overall total DPT. This may seem pointless for the set itself, but what about som eone who wanted to use the weapon with a different armor? Like Neko? My ideas are not bound to the set.
And I understand the FSB part makes this a bit much, but I also wanted the new idea of mini-FSB because players aren't all going to own every item in the set. Again, my ideas aren't bound to the full set. Im thinking about other players who may own some of these items, but not all. I'm trying to be inclusive to more than the top 25 or top 50 people. I'm attempting to increase the value of the items with mini FSB for everyone, so yeah its outside of normal thought processes but its not without good intentions. I am stepping a bit outside the norms which have been done time and time and time again to facilitate new things, which IMO the game should always strive to find.

In regards to the armor,
FO- Rework numbers and make it work. No issue with it.

FD- New idea for sure.

Both- while a new idea, IMO, if you had a quick cast skill that took 1 effect that has X% melee value and changed the entire effect with the same X% melee value, it shouldn't be a big deal because you're just transferring the same melee value. Ok so I get the melee values were not equal. Make it equal? Another new idea is all it is.

In retrospect, probably trying to offer new ideas with no prior standardization in *this* suggestion thread is going to go nowhere. The hesitation to try stuff is understood, especially when no standard exists prior for such an idea, and so I get the entire thing has been a huge waste of time. At it's core, I just want new ideas because that's whats fun for myself.

Appreciate the feedback.

Quick pivot-> The ideas presented for the "popular" elempower/choke set are going to result in a VERY powerful set of items, especially collectively. Thats obvious. Being able to at will increase your own damage, reducing enemy damage, or both at the same time will result in off-the-charts power. ..all while still being balanced on paper. This is why the up-voting is occurring. I honestly have no major qualms with the presented ideas to be perfectly honest. And I actually like miscs/shields/pets as a category more so than armors, and just hitting the smash button is boring for me so I'm very much OK with not getting the armor. I just wanted see if we could at least spice up the misc. As Dizzle said, while powerful is a bit generic. I do not use +damage items when I play. Boss mechanics nullify it too much and who cares if I hit for 4k instead of 3k on other mobs... I just wanted some fancier cool stuff associated with it. And doing too much likely means high upkeep and high upkeep is a turn off for me. I would honestly just remove some stuff to improve other stuff it does

But if these items are implemented exactly as proposed, it's all good to me.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/4/2022 0:05:47 >
Post #: 49
9/4/2022 3:48:24   
PD

Just want to say that after the revisions, I think the Lv1000/Dreiko suggestion is something that we'll all be satisfied with if that is what we're all going to go with. That being said I did want to try an alternative take as an exercise.

A summary of how I would do it: He-man is known to be able to create tornados with his arms and blow super breath! But you know what's also associated with vacuums and Tornados? Losing air and suffocating which in AQ is associated with Fragiles. Come to think about it there's not that much Fragile support and at least the last time I can remember real Fragile Support was on Shinyaro or UmbralWalker. Which both are fun armors to use in niche cases but I think we could expand on that. I know RobynJeanne above has issues with stat mods but I really want to see if we could make something of Fragile. That being said...

Armor
Mount/Dismountable

Mounted Skill: Spend one and, and if your enemy is under a certain level or HP threshold (maybe around <10% HP) on a failed save, this would cause them to "flee" (ie, insta-kill like Assassin or Elemental GD Forms). It does sound redundant given that I'm basing this around Fragile and that status is more or less associated with insta-kills, but I thought we might try to do a modern approach to the instant-kill mechanic that is on Assassin Class. If the enemy successfully saves, this is just a wasted turn.

Un-Mounted Skill: Tornado Vacuum Strike: You strike the enemy with a flurry of blows in a tornado-powered vacuum. This will inflict Fragile on the enemy.

FSB: For every piece of the PaleSkull, the instant kill threshold rises by 3.75%. The Armor does NOT contribute to this bonus. So with the Weapon, Shield, Misc and Pet together, the FSB would at max allow you to instantly kill the enemy at <25% HP.

Weapon (Melee)
Elaborating on my original suggestion, I thought there could be several variations on that.

Version 1: Once per battle, you can spend your turn to purge all negative statuses on you, converting each purged negative status into an eleEmpower. Additionally, for that turn only, you will be immune to all effects, and any new effects that the enemy does inflict on you also gets automatically purged and converted into an eleEmpower. It could be for only 1 turn that is very strong, or a permanent flat boost that lasts for the rest of the battle.

Version 2: A flat toggle with an SP Cost. While toggled, you will be given a Freedom Status. Every inflicted status is purged and converted into eleEmpower. Could be for 1 turn or the rest of the battle.

Version 3: You can pay SP purge all negative statuses on you. Your next attack will attempt to inflict a Fragile status based on how many negative statuses you previously purged.

Weapon (Ranged)
I'm not sure we're even going to have a ranged weapon. We've only seen a sword, and He-man isn't known for using ranged weapons. However he has been seen using Grappling Hooks and Bolas, and he can create tornados out of his arm spin. So a couple of ideas.

Tornado Arm: A ranged 100-proc "Bow" that is basically a gust of wind spinning around your arm. It shoots a burst of air at your enemies. You can spend SP to send a strong tornado that inflicts a Fragile on your opponent.

Bolas/Grappling Hook: A ranged 100-proc throwable. Like the Captain Cruise Anchor, you can spend SP, along with a cooldown to inflict a status on your opponent. Perhaps this could inflict a Fragile afterwards given that this would be powered by that same Tornado power from the above idea.

Boomerang Sword: He-man has also demonstrated that he can use his sword as a ranged, throwable weapon. A 100-proc throwable sword that you can spend SP to have the sword spin around and create a vacuum of air on your enemy, inflicting a Fragile.

Weapon (Magic)

Version 1: Spend a turn to "channel" the staff. Afterwards the staff shoots a violent burst of wind that auto-hits and attempts to inflict a choke.

Version 2: Spend a turn, and afterwards you are given +BTH and Hypercritical.

Shield
Perhaps the shield could have a guaranteed damage reduction mechanic like Hyperaldephian Shield. I know you've (RobynJeanne) said that in the past the Hyperaldelphian Shield may actually be overpowered because damage blocks aren't well adjusted to the balance model, but what if it just granted a flat damage reduction once per battle? I think that could be viable. So a couple variations of it:

Version 1: Toggle the Shield to activate a omni-elemental damage block.

Version 2: Once per battle, for the next turn only, you can get an omni-elemental shield.

Version 3: A literal copy of Fazhad Cozy Mogloo. Toggle SP to get reduced Wind Damage.

Misc
I had the idea that since Skeletor has vast powers of telepathy, that this could function similar to Talados Pendant where it provides additional Status Potency towards "Mental" Effects including Fragile. Perhaps we could revive an idea from Hyperaldelphian Dragon Fang that this could also inflict a Fragile Status.

Pet
I imagine this would be some kind of Battle Cat Jr. Once per battle, you can click on the pet to attempt to make the enemy "wimp" out, inflicting a Fragile on them.

At this point I'm just throwing darts on a board and I fully expect that none of this actually follows any balance rules. But I thought nonetheless it would be an interesting thought experiment to have a full set based around Fragile and instant killing if we're having problems coalescing around the "consensus" suggestion presented. As I've said before I'll get on board with that one, but I thought that at least a few ideas ought to be floated while we have the chance to brainstorm new/original ideas or refreshing takes.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/4/2022 19:51:18 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: =AQ= PaleSkull Champion Set Contest Suggestions
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition