Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Golden Gift Box Help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Golden Gift Box Help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/18/2022 2:20:54   
Magic

It's been awhile since i played the game, so I'm a little lost

Just opened an UR Golden Giftbox, and i want to ask what is a good item to get from there.

~Welcome back to the game. Moved the thread to the QA section. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 10/18/2022 3:14:03 >
AQ  Post #: 1
10/18/2022 2:29:09   
PD

Welcome back!

Though this is really more of a question (and thus belongs in the question sub-forum), you actually don't have to buy anything immediately! You can simply exit the shop and then buy something again later when you feel like you really need it. Then you can go to your account manager to see how many boxes of each tier you have. If this is related to your main character, it seems that you actually have quite a lot of boxes saved up so feel free to just exit the shop for now.

In order to redeem the box at a later point, just go to Valencia and go to "What's inside?" like a normal shop and redeem it.

Though a side note of advice, your character looks quite outdated and could really use some work. Before you even think about buying an item from the shops you should update your character to a modern build and with modern items. We should probably start with updating your character first and then after that you'll know which box(es) you should be getting. To that end: Do you want to play: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, or Hybrid?

< Message edited by PD -- 10/18/2022 2:40:16 >
Post #: 2
10/18/2022 2:31:52   
Sapphire

depends on build, but if you dont have Prime Chaos Orb misc....its kind of a game changer item...you'll never play AQ the same again

In case you don't know,

Its + some CHA and some LUK... and you click it, it does a quick cast skill that scrambles the monster's resistances. The monster can resist. The first click is free, the 2nd click and every click after you lose 1 menu item . Also, each click changes yours a
and the monster's leans by 10% more offensive, meaning you and the monster both deal more and take more damage. Once the "misc" menu is locked out, you cannot click it anymore that round. It can cause you to skip your turn.

Then, next round, the clicks from the previous turn are saved (and can be shown by hovering over the misc) and the cycle starts over. The first click is free, etc etc and rinse, repeat.

The lean change increases guest damage, pet damage, bleed/burn/poison damage, etc. Some boss monsters have "form shift immunity" and this is considered a form shift. The value of this misc is this: You no longer have to ensure you have all elements covered for offense. You can carry a 2nd or 3rd etc let's say, fire weapon....or 4 water spells, or 2 of 4 diff. elements..and just prime chaos orb the monster to whatever you wish.

Thats why I said it's game changing..it literally changes *how* you play. This one misc works for all builds.

Most everything else depends on the build, but PCO is sort of thought of as one of, if not the most powerful misc in AQ.
Post #: 3
10/18/2022 3:30:31   
Magic

quote:

Though a side note of advice, your character looks quite outdated and could really use some work. Before you even think about buying an item from the shops you should update your character to a modern build and with modern items. We should probably start with updating your character first and then after that you'll know which box(es) you should be getting. To that end: Do you want to play: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, or Hybrid?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what is a good build to play with. Any recommendations? Also, how exactly does a hybrid fight?

quote:

depends on build, but if you dont have Prime Chaos Orb misc....its kind of a game changer item...you'll never play AQ the same again

Where can I get the Prime Chaos Orb?

< Message edited by Magic -- 10/18/2022 3:36:30 >
AQ  Post #: 4
10/18/2022 5:04:16   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Go to the GGB hub, open "What's Inside?", open Ultra Rare, select misc. items, get it and enjoy life.
Post #: 5
10/18/2022 16:58:20   
PD

@Magic: Several builds are good. The first thing you need to know is that the game is now divided between three "main" stats (STR/DEX/INT) while the other 3 stats (CHA/END/LUK) are considered secondary stats. You might have played a long time ago where DEX was a necessary stat for accuracy, but this is no longer the case. A basic rundown:

Warriors: Primary STR, rest into secondary stats.
Ranger: Primary DEX, rest into secondary stats.
Mage: Primary INT, rest into secondary stats
Hybrid: Any two of STR/DEX/INT, then the rest into one secondary stat (CHA/END/LUK). The most common variation is STR/INT for being able to use spells and attack strongly. For example they'll be able to cast spells to either enhance their regular attacks (stat buffs, heals, etc), or be able to utilize damaging spells to augment whatever melee/ranged attack damage they'll do after exhausting their mana pool.

For the secondary stats of course:
CHA: Best for utilizing pet damage and effects
END: Best for being able to play safely into fights and take a lot of hits
LUK: Best for initiative (going first in a fight) and damage (LUKy strikes)

Some combinations are CHA/LUK for damage, END/CHA for backlashers/tanks, and END/LUK for Bruiser builds.

As for Prime Chaos Orb: I actually don't recommend getting it. At least not at this point. Don't get me wrong it's an incredibly strong item but early on it doesn't provide as much value and the elemental scrambling effect could be easily replicated by Randomizing Ray or Rainbow Raygun. You could get it at a later time but for now you're better off saving it until you really know where your character is going to look like.

Regardless what you want to be doing, I recommend going to the training camp and resetting all your stats since right now you have an unoptimal stat spread. You should max a "main stat" first, followed by maxing out a stat second and then putting the rest into a secondary stat.

You'll also want to get a subrace. Warriors/Rangers usually become Werewolves, Vampire for Mages, and Werepyres for Hybrids. And you'll also want to work on getting one of two available T3 classes: Paladin or Necromancer. The first is preferable for any build, but the later is specialized towards mages or Hybrids that like to use INT.

Once you tell me which way you want to go, I'll provide a set of item recommendations as well as a definitive stat build you'll be going along as.

< Message edited by PD -- 10/18/2022 16:59:17 >
Post #: 6
10/18/2022 19:17:48   
Sapphire

Magic, it's probably sound advice to figure out how the game is today and choose a build and train your stats accordingly as this ultimately will help with direction on most items. However, I *promise* prime chaos orb is good for all builds and you won't be disappointed if you feel like you aren't patient enough to wait.
Post #: 7
10/20/2022 2:29:12   
Magic

quote:

You might have played a long time ago where DEX was a necessary stat for accuracy, but this is no longer the case.

You are right, that's why my stats are all over the place.

quote:

Regardless what you want to be doing, I recommend going to the training camp and resetting all your stats since right now you have an unoptimal stat spread. You should max a "main stat" first, followed by maxing out a stat second and then putting the rest into a secondary stat.

Do I need to find the Un-trainer to reset my stats or is there a faster way to reset currently?

quote:

You'll also want to get a subrace. Warriors/Rangers usually become Werewolves, Vampire for Mages, and Werepyres for Hybrids. And you'll also want to work on getting one of two available T3 classes: Paladin or Necromancer. The first is preferable for any build, but the later is specialized towards mages or Hybrids that like to use INT.

If that's the case, i guess I'll choose to be a hybrid cause I'm already a werepyre so it would be less of a hassle for myself as well

< Message edited by Magic -- 10/20/2022 2:30:56 >
AQ  Post #: 8
10/20/2022 3:07:08   
Red Blood

The stat trainers have been updated with a streamlined training, and untraining method now akin to what the estate trainers had.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
10/20/2022 16:54:27   
PD

@Magic: Your stat build is going to progress like this: 250 INT/STR + Secondary. Start with resetting all your stats at the trainers and then max out INT first, and then STR second. From there you can pick any desired 3rd stat based on the descriptions from my last post. You'll want to take advantage of Ballywhoo to afford stat training as it can be quite expensive. Also you'll want to start getting your character immediately to level 150 as due to the scaling effect, the game is easier. Also you'll just be able to afford things easier. The player-driven wiki is very helpful for this:

AQWikia
Farming/Leveling Guide
Equipment Guide

That being said on item recommendations. Since you'll be playing a Hybrid, you'll be having Melee weapons, but you'll be able to take advantage of Magic.

Armors:
Darkness: Werepyre / Necromancer (If Necromancer T3)
Fire: Terra Bloodzerker
Light: Paladin T3 (If not Necromancer T3) / Retro Golden Set (If Necromancer T3)
Wind: Haunted Dragonlord / Tyranno Chicken (If you don't feel like questing a lot since you already have this)
Ice: Horro-Show Void Visor (skillcasting) / Master Fighter Class (attacking)
Water: Kindred Set
Energy: Tempest Power Armor H-Series
Earth: Eternal Champion (20th Anniversary Quest)

Shields:
Wind: Haunted Dragonlord Will
Dark / Fire: Cerberus Bulwark
Energy / Ice: Carpa Somnia
Water: Celtic Wheel (+INT Toggle) / Kindred Shield (IF you plan to use Kindred a lot)
Light: Mana Crystal Defender (If you plan to cast spells a lot) / Retro Golden Shield (Defensive Undead Trigger)
Earth: Eternal Champion (20th Anniversary Quest)
Utility: Eclipsed Dragonlord Insight (If you have space left over. Has a set bonus with its corresponding Sword to double SP regeneration from attacks)

Weapons:
Wind: Haunted Dragonlord Insight
Fire / Dark: Cerberus Fury
Energy: Mighty Caissa
Ice: Burden of Insight
Earth: Eternal Champion Sword
Water: Kindred Sword
Light: Retro Golden Axe (Great FSB with Retro Golden Set)

Pets:
Fire: Underwyrmling (attacks enemy SP. Useful against skill-casting enemies)
Light: Fairy Godmother (Light attack + Heals)
Dark: Vampolgin Lord (SP Regeneration Pet!)
Water: Kindred Pet (Kindred Set Charge regen)
Wind: Spotter Drake (Reduces Earth Damage, increases Status Potency to make statuses easier to inflict)
Utility: Juvinile Void Dragon (Harm Damage)
Utility: Angra Linnorm (F2P Damage Booster, also provides minor backlash aura)

Spells:
Summon Essence of Carnage
Purple Rain
Sisters of Mercy (If going CHA for 3rd Stat) / Imanok Edoc (Otherwise)
Archmage Research
Destruction Burst
Sizzler Explosion
Your Body Heals at the Speed of Light
Runic Binding

Misc:
Master Sword Emblem
Cyclop's Eye
Grakma's Harbinger
Hairmuffs
Essence Orb
Rejuvenating Necklace
Shadowfeeder Pendant
Irt of Osiris

This is but the first pass. You'll probably be replacing these as you go on. I do notice you have a few rares and older items. Be sure to go to the Account Manager to upgrade items, specifically your rares.
Post #: 10
10/21/2022 12:06:10   
Firedice18

Is master sword emblem better than Minotaur's Pride?

< Message edited by Firedice18 -- 10/22/2022 23:25:56 >
AQ  Post #: 11
10/24/2022 10:58:24   
Magic

@PD: Wow, thank you for the extremely detailed guide. One question tho, where can i get those items? Are they mostly from golden giftboxes?
AQ  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Golden Gift Box Help
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition