Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Beastmage returning player, need help on build

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Beastmage returning player, need help on build
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2022 11:34:51   
Saucecoie

Hey guys. So, I'm a mostly F2P returning player running a FD beastmage build: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=87869451
I've been checking out the equipment from the guide on the wiki to steer my build thus far with some success, however, I've come to an impasse.

I've been having a lot of trouble figuring out what armor to use besides Neko, as all of the FD options all feel lackluster or generally unfun to play with. I noticed that the wiki does not list much in terms of armors who have a neutral lean; Are there any that are fun or gimmicky to play around with that you could recommend?

Additionally, I would like some guidance on how to balance my build overall and what direction to take. I know what items are good, but with the limited inventory slots I often find myself fighting over different equips and sub strategies (such as burn/bleed/poison, backlash, dodge, 100proc, etc) and unable to decide which one to fully go for.

So far, here are the things I know that I like about my build and that I would like more of;
Doomquake Minions + Neko feels great, but I can never quite find a pet that goes along with that strategy or that deals enough damage, so I just farm stacks for Kindred while raining down bleeds, poisons and burns (Yes, I know Kindred is a fully offensive set).

I enjoy the control aspect of the build a lot, outresourcing my opponents using stall strategies such as inflicting panic and choke and producing chi and mana shields to keep myself healthy.

I've also dabbled in the idea of making a dodge build using Absolute Darkness and the Deery guest, because dodging feels very satisfying to me, but I'm unsure where I would go with that and how

Any help and suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Post #: 1
12/14/2022 21:14:54   
Legendary Ash

The AQ forum's Pending Guides' Optimization Academy of Lore is a listing of Equipment categorized by (Multi)Elements/Weapon Special Proc rate/Defensive, Neutral or Offensive effects/Attack Type/Armor Lean/Compressed Equipment/Availability as Gold/Seasonal/Guardian/Token/Package/Heromart.

MasterCraft equipment pay an additional 10% Gold/Token price for a 5% power bonus, the bonus can be used for a 5% boost to performance, to pay for a downtrigger that when the criteria of the trigger is met applies a *1.5 if it is based on the player's actions like having an active status on the enemy, *2 if based on the enemy's race/element or their actions like applying a status to the player, or to compress additional elements and equipment categories into the said item, such as a Skill, Spell, Pet, Guest and toggles, each of these will add their respective standard equipment type's price to the overall price of the item compressing it.

Quickcast is a term for actions that doesn't require turn(s) to apply, each turn(s) of a Weapon's power valued at 100% melee for Warrior's Melee/Ranger's Ranged or 75% melee for Mage/Beastmaster's Magic are not applied, only resource costs contribute to the power.

Armors and Shields compressing skill/spell/toggle either follow weapon element or are locked to an element with compensation determined from the lowest product between (select one of the armor's eight resistances - shield)/Expected resistance at player level and 130/locked element position relative to the selected resistance's element according to the Elemental Wheel Correct 130, Ally 115, Neutral 100, Poor 85 or Opposite 70, subtract .125 if Mid Offensive or .25 if Neutral to (Mid) Defensive.

Click to browse the Optimization Academy of Lore: Armor/Shield/Spells, it contains links to the named single element Defensive Lean Armors provided below, Neko is the only Defensive Subrace, the elemental versions of Bard of War from Golden Giftbox are most similar to this type of design with toggles increasing intake for increased output.
Token, Golden Giftbox and Package equipment are also present in those listings, if open to spending real money, may request summary info for them as well.

Fire has two for Gold.
Wicked King is a MC armor available permanently, MC used for a Fire element skill with Elemental Compensation, intended to be used against enemies with 70% Fire and at least a 130% to another element weakness, but players use this boost against enemies' actual weakness and immobilize the enemy to prevent getting hit in a wrong element armor.
Matchmaker is a MC armor from February's seasonal Snugglefest event, MC used to pay for trigger for using (Bows/Spears), normal attack exchanges damage to attempt Control, without an MC used for a Celerity Quickcast skill, each additional use has the penalty of an increasing cost, cost modifier resets after each battle.

Water has two for Gold available permanently.
FlawFish pays for skill's price, but is not MC, takes *.95 damage penalty for attacks that use the armor's animation includes Weapon/Armor's own skill and excludes Weapon Specials/Bows/Wands/Skill/Spell, has a follow Weapon element skill on Old Armor Skill Standards that applies a *.8 Output *1.2 Cost, unlike Modern Armor Skill Standards that do not apply a penalty for follow Weapon element unless Quickcast.
Apam Napat's Scholar is a MC set armor, MC used for a Water element Spell with Elemental Compensation.

Wind has three MC armors for Gold, the first and second are available permanently from Battleon's Mage Shop, Warlic's MC Set Quests, both have MC used for skills.
Vinddverger's Agility Defense Boost skill Old Standard Over Time Compensation for Statuses, unlike Modern Standards where only damage boosts/damaging statuses distributed over multiple turns that pay the entire cost on the first turn receive it.
Talonguard Coat's two Wind element skills with Elemental Compensation uses Dex, one inflicts Panic, the second inflicts Element Vulnerability and Status Weakness.
Ghost Costume is a MC armor from October's seasonal Mogloween event, MC used to increase Blocking, has a Defensive Lean Output and Offensive Lean Intake for an equivalent Blocking boost.

Ice has one for Gold from the December's seasonal Frostval event, sometimes located in Delivery War quests (Last Part of each year's Frostval) and always seasonally in the Limited Time Shop.
ReignDragon Rider's MC used for a Fire element skill that exchanges damage to inflict a Burn, no Elemental Compensation as standard Ice enemies should be weak to Fire.

Earth has two for Gold, available permanently.
Bulk's MC used for a damage boost scaling to damage received/damage expected to receive by the player each battle.
Geocastellum Robes is a MC set armor from Warlic's MC Set Quests, MC used for an Elemental Shield skill, reduces intake damage for all elements except Healing.

Energy has three for Gold, the first and second are both available permanently.
Excelsior Guard Armour is from a Two faction war where players can choose to fight for a side, War participation variants are MC, awarded to players that attain a win count threshold at the end of wars, as a consequence for being an item on the side that lost its permanent variant is not MC, the side that won has their item's permanent variant MC, which is a Weapon and an Offensive Armor.
Quester's Heavy Gunner's MC used for an Energy element Ranged skill with Elemental Compensation skill uses Dex and a Magic Heal element Spell that sets up a Mana Shield uses Int.
StarSaviour's MC used to boost Ranged Blocking, is currently available until Thursday 12:00 pm at Eastern Time, where it will be swapped for another Boss according to the Void Takeover Rotation and is always rotated in to be available for two weeks for the seasonal May 4 Star Wars event.

Light has three for Gold, available permanently.
Cleric's Elation is a MC set armor updated to be like Retro Golden Plate, an older art version brought back that becomes MC for Guardians, trades -3 Blocking for a +12.5% Spell boost that is equivalent to the old version's *1.5 at 25% chance, MC used for a toggle with 45% melee Sp cost per turn to increase Armor Output to Offensive Lean while Intake remains Defensive Lean.
Radiant Warhorse is not MC and Guardian only, two variants, a Temporary that scales to level that needs to be reobtained per log in and a Level tiered Standard armor for Gold.
Holy Armor (Paladin) is a Tier 3 Class with 20 skills, Neutral Lean, Rank 12's Guardian only toggle enables a once per battle switch to Defensive with the option of Offensive at Rank 17.

Dark has three for Gold, available permanently.
Gloom's Cloak is a MC set armor on Old Armor Lean Standards, they were distinguished by subtractive/additive Resistance and Blocking modifications specific for each Lean, instead of Modern Armor Leans that share a Standard Resistance and Blocking modification that is multiplicative with Armor lean, MC used for a low chance of automatically dodging the enemies' attack, does not work against Auto-hit attacks.
Pit Protector is a MC armor on Old Armor Lean Standards as the above, MC used for a Wind element Spell with Elemental Compensation identical to multi-element bonus according to the Elemental Wheel, this type of bonus is normally applied to multi-element equipment, it was before the development of Old and Modern Elemental Compensation.
Necromancer Cloak is a Tier 3 Class with 20 skills, Neutral Lean, Rank 12's Guardian only toggle enables a once per battle switch to Defensive with the option of Spellcaster at Rank 17.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 12/16/2022 13:26:40 >
AQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Beastmage returning player, need help on build
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition