Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Frostval Guardian Giftboxes Open

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval Guardian Giftboxes Open
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2023 13:18:22   
battlesiege15

I know PCO is not easily accessible but I essentially made it weak to fire and Underwyrmling took care of the SP as needed. Still needed some potions because I didn't have a good set up before the fight.

That said, I think we need access to more SP targeting equipment.

Also, the regen is not a bad idea, but in the future, could there be a way to modify the regen based on MonsterDMG when the skill was used? Doesn't have to be a major modifier, but anything that is not 1000 HP regen/turn for 4 turns. Thanks :)
AQ AQW  Post #: 26
1/7/2023 14:19:26   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The Guardian Giftboxes are beginning to open - the weapon, pet, and spell are now available! The misc and shield will be opening next, and as long as nothing explodes during testing, the armor will open later today.

Reminder: SP versions of the Santartic Crusher Spell will remain in the Frostval Guardian Giftboxes Shop for the next month.
AQ  Post #: 27
1/7/2023 15:57:55   
J9408

A set that focus on the "Fragile status"...now that is something you don't see often. That status is so rare.

And the spell is amazing!

< Message edited by J9408 -- 1/7/2023 17:03:02 >
Post #: 28
1/7/2023 16:20:57   
Aura Knight

Fragile huh? This will be an interesting set. The pet looks cute. Nice art on that. Weapon's useful but only used the magic one so far.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
1/7/2023 19:37:51   
Sapphire

A pet that eats fragile sounds like a fragile idea.

Actually, come to think of it, I always wanted a pet that heals the monster.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 1/7/2023 20:25:02 >
Post #: 30
1/7/2023 20:34:51   
Gn3ranger

The weapon reminds me of Frostval 2007's Candy Cane weapon
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
1/7/2023 23:28:36   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Alright folks, the shield and misc giftboxes are now open! Kam is still working on the armor and it should be ready Sunday.
AQ  Post #: 32
1/7/2023 23:55:53   
Lv 1000

Misc is bugged, it's currently significantly lowering the BtH of all Ice attacks/specials/spells.
Post #: 33
1/8/2023 0:03:36   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

Update: the alt attack on the pet now targets SP.
AQ  Post #: 34
1/8/2023 0:22:27   
Primate Murder

Hot new take: Santartic Crusher is actually a pet booster!

It pays half a spell to triple your pet's damage for 2.5 rounds!

Genius!
AQ DF  Post #: 35
1/8/2023 13:28:35   
Knight of salvation

The spell seems to be bugged with cryomancers staff, the freeze passive doesn't seem to work
Post #: 36
1/8/2023 14:46:38   
  Kamui
 Hashire sori yo Kaze no you ni!

Still plugging away at the armour. Gonna grab food and then get back to it. Should be done sometime this evening! Thanks so much for y'all's patience and feedback on the items!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
1/9/2023 0:51:30   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The final giftbox has opened! Thank you folks for all of your patience, and a special thank you to the Guardians - enjoy your gifts! The gift set this year was a fun team effort... from the insanely awesome artwork and animations from Tyronius, Cray writing up all of these interesting concepts, and Ianthe and Kam for working their programming magic to make it all function.
AQ  Post #: 38
1/9/2023 1:01:22   
GwenMay

Excellent set! I'm a big fan of the art, animations, and effects. Thanks for another great year of Adventure Quest, with many more to come!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/9/2023 1:32:34   
Aura Knight

After waiting on the armor this long, it's unfortunate only 2/3 skills are useful to everyone. I question the decision of mp overcharged ice spell on it when we already got the spell itself being superior. The fragile effect it gives your weapon on another skill is ok, but only inflicts one time? Where's the 9999 turn fragile? Why am I slouched in the armor? I saved the world multiple times and the reward is back pain.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
1/9/2023 1:39:12   
PD

Just putting it on record:

I love the entire set! This is a great way to start the new year!

For the pet though, I do wonder if it should even do any status eating at all. Since Fragile eating heals the enemy, this is somewhat undesireable. Maybe it should just also be a source of fragile, like the Ghost Hound was for Fear. So it would just either with the beam attack kill SP, or with the ramming attack inflict fragile. Just a thought.
Post #: 41
1/9/2023 1:47:47   
Sapphire

Thread specifically about the pet . Not a shameless plug in so much I *really* think it deserves to be relooked at, and you've named 1 reason why. If the status eat effect is simply undesireable why even have it, like you said? Or make the status eat worth it despite the monster HP heal? By healing you...

My suggestion is to keep the SP attack on 1 toggle, but eat fragile for healing on the other. I think it's a worthy compromise and trade off personally, but I had hoped it would facilitate some real discussion because I know for a fact there are a lot of players that are (and will) be questioning this. And if we move into the future this will remain and an opportunity might be lost to make it good.
Post #: 42
1/9/2023 1:52:15   
Gn3ranger

The armor looks really good especially with the Helmet you get from the misc
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
1/9/2023 2:04:42   
legendd

Personally, thanks staff for listen to my suggestion and returning ice imbue in some form and what is better the armor compresses 3 skills! I am really excited to try the armor after work. Overall great set, heard some news on potential changes to Fragile, hopefully it is some positive change.

Now, waiting for jelly mechanic to return =)
Post #: 44
1/9/2023 2:33:14   
ArchNero

Not bad, tbh I didn't have too high of an expectation for this set, but I was at least happy that its something that can be used without being gated by the Freedom status.

The weapons give good SP regen after inflicting fragile, I like using it alongside the H-series set and the knightmare armour to refund, a good amount of the SP required for the celarity effect they offer.

I don't mind the armour, the quick cast ice imbue with fragile attached to it is useful, I could put it on a auto hit weapon so I can inflict fragile on those high END monster that sometimes have high MRM alongside it. I can see people racking up tons of ice damage with the other 2 skills, especially if anyone has those frostval past weapons that inflict an ice ele vuln, the ice ele booster for the pet and guest slot, olympax medal and power gauntlet misc, an ice boosting weapon like arctic athame, ice cutlass or the ice bloodblade, and for overkill you can try inflicting the thermal shock status to make the enemy take more ice damage. Could go further but don't wanna make this post too long.

I don't have much to say about the rest of the items, the pet might be the only one I'd use the least, I'd still prefer using underwyrmling as my main pet for SP damage to avoid having to eat the fragile status. But despite that, props to the team for making this set I do enjoy this one quite a bit more compared to last years set.
Post #: 45
1/9/2023 4:23:53   
Zennistrad

Oh dang, this is a seriously powerful set. Even without the Fragile status the spell does a ton of damage, but factoring in Fragile this can deal a lot of damage very quickly. Also gives me good reason to start using the Deathless Abomination skill of Necromancer more, so that's a bonus.

I did notice though, the messages for switching to damage and resistance mode on the misc appear to be swapped. When you switch to damage mode, the popup says you are now in resistance mode, and vice-versa.
AQ  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval Guardian Giftboxes Open
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition