Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hypercritical, x«??» rate = +«??»% crit rate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Hypercritical, x«??» rate = +«??»% crit rate
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/16/2023 10:05:24   
Bu Kek Siansu

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=18263048
quote:

Master List of Game Formulae

[2] Stat Damage Bonus (Per 100% Stat Bonus)

Each hit of all player attacks (Weapons, Skills, and Spells) and Pet attacks has a 10% chance of adding damage in the form of a Lucky Strike, which increases core stat damage by LUK*3/8 (or LUK/5 for Pets) for that hit. On average, this bonus results in an increase of LUK*3/80 (or LUK/50 for Pets). Guests do NOT receive this bonus. If LUK is 0, Lucky Strikes do not activate. If LUK is negative, then the attacker instead takes a stat damage penalty when Lucky Strikes activate.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22403349
quote:

Game Engine 45.??

• Hypercrit is now multiplicative. Instead of +50% crit rate, you now do *6. Either way you go from 10% to 60%, but now it interacts nicely with other stuff.

• http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22400766
    quote:

Timekiller's 3:10

MC Neutral spell. Quickcast. Gives +10% Hypercritical and +49 LUK for 3 turns.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22355322
    quote:

GGB UR: Arms of the Dragonguard

MC Fire spell. Comes in Magic MP spell and Ranged SP skill variants.

Two hits, Fire damage, -40% damage. Afterwards you gain +45*(1 + [INT|DEX]/VStat) % Lucky Strike rate for two turns.

Each hit has a 10% chance of LS if LUK is >0 but a 0% chance of LS if LUK is 0.

Timekiller's 3:10 you gain +10% Hypercritical.
    Cast Timekiller's 3:10, then result: Hypercritical, x2 rate, 3 round(s)

Arms of the Dragonguard you gain +45*(1 + [INT|DEX]/VStat) % Lucky Strike rate.
    Cast Arms of the Dragonguard, then result: Hypercritical, x10 rate, 1 round(s)

Cast Timekiller's 3:10 then Arms of the Dragonguard, then result: Hypercritical, x8 rate, 2 round(s)

Cast Arms of the Dragonguard then Timekiller's 3:10, then result: Hypercritical, x5 rate, 3 round(s)

What's the exact value of Hypercritical, x«??» rate as listed above/below?

Hypercritical, x2 rate = +«??»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x10 rate = +«??»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x8 rate = +«??»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x5 rate = +«??»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x«??» rate = +«100»% crit rate

As far as I know/understand, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Even if LUK is 0, you gain a +«??»% Hypercritical from Timekiller's 3:10, Arms of the Dragonguard, etc.

Hypercritical, x2 rate = +«10»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x10 rate = +«50»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x8 rate = +«40»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x5 rate = +«25»% crit rate

Hypercritical, x20 rate = +«100»% crit rate

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 2/16/2023 10:07:36 >
    Post #: 1
    2/16/2023 15:41:03   
    soska

Arms of DragonGuard adds to the base rate iirc
    Whilst Hypercritical Items are multiplicative of the base rate
    So say you use DragonGaurd first you got 10% + 90% = 100% crit for 1 rounds, TimeKiller multiplies that for the equivalence 3 rounds hence the percentage is lower
    But say you use something like Masamune that adds +40% crit to the base rate with a total of 50% and use Timekiller on that that's 2x * 50% LS rate = 100% LS rate
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
    2/16/2023 18:11:04   
    Bu Kek Siansu

Thank you, soska!
    Post #: 3
    2/16/2023 18:23:39   
    Lv 1000

@Bu Kek

Some of what @soska stated is incorrect, I am preparing a detailed write-up and will edit this post when I have finished.

Edit:
    The Hypercritical (HC) status applies its effect multiplicatively. Meaning that the statement from @soska regarding Arms of the Dragonguard/Dragonguard Invocation (AotDG/DI) is incorrect since AotDG/DI applies the Hypercritical effect, and is thus multiplicative.

The number shown in the status panel is the multiplier and not the actual power of the status itself. Naturally, this can make things confusing once you start stacking the effect. But for the sake of understanding what the status panel is communicating I will cover some basics, including how to "translate" what is typically listed in the info-subs into what is shown in the status panel.

The player's base Lucky Strike Rate (LSR) or Critical Strike Chance is 10%. Of course the Lucky Strikes will only occur if the player has LUK>0 (and Unlucky Strikes if LUK<0), think of this as an "on/off switch" rather than changing Lucky Strike Rate. For the sake of this explanation assume that the player's Lucky Strike Rate is 10%.

1) Multiplier --> Percent Value:
    As stated above, the number shown in the status panel is a multiplier. Let's use an example. If a HC effect says x10 rate, this means that the player's base LSR is being multiplied by x10. So we have 10% x 10 = 100%, this means that the player gained 100% - 10% = 90% LSR, so the HC effect is valued as +90% LSR.

2) Percent Value --> Multiplier:
    Now let's take an example from info-subs and "translate" it to "status panel language". Snake Master Strike's info subs state that it applies "+30% LS chance Hypercrit to the player". First take the +30% and divide by 10 and add 1, so (30/10)+1 = 4. This gives the HC multiplier for the effect. Going by 1) this gives 10% x 4 = 40, which consequently means 40% - 10% = 30% which matches with the info-subs.

3) Stacking HC Effects:
    First let me go over the general rules of stacking HC effects:
    Total Power = [CurrentPower]x[CurrentDuration] + [NewPower]x[NewDuration]
    Final Duration = Max(CurrentDuration, NewDuration)
    Final Power = (Total Power)/(Final Duration)

Calculating this can be tricky, so I will use the two examples that you gave along with what 1) and 2) to explain.

i) Timekiller's 3:10 --> Arms of the Dragonguard/Dragonguard Invocation. Result: Hypercritical, x8 rate, 2 round(s)
    Timekiller applies a x2 HC for 3 turns, it's quickcast spell so duration isn't lost and AotDG/DI can be used in the same turn, AotDG/DI applies a x10 HC for 2 turns. Using 1) we know this is a 10% 3 turn HC being stacked with a 90% 2 turn HC.

Now we calculate Total Power, Final Duration and Final Power.
    Total Power = 90x2 + 10x3 = 210
    Final Duration = Max(2,3) = 3
    Final Power = 210/3 = 70

Now using 2) we know that this is a (70/10)+1 = x8 HC multiplier for 3 turns. Remember that AotDG/DI costs a turn so the duration will tick down by one, which results in a x8 HC multiplier for 2 turns, which matches what you found.

ii) Arms of the Dragonguard/Dragonguard Invocation --> Timekiller's 3:10. Result: Hypercritical, x5 rate, 3 round(s)
    AotDG/DI applies a x10 HC for 2 turns, but costs the players turn, so it's a x10 HC for 1 turn for this example. Using Timekiller on the next turn applies a x2 HC for 3 turns. Using 1) we know this is a 90% 1 turn HC being stacked with a 10% 3 turn HC.

Now we calculate Total Power, Final Duration and Final Power.
    Total Power = 90x1 + 10x3 = 120
    Final Duration = Max(1,3) = 3
    Final Power = 120/3 = 40

Now using 2) we know that this is a (40/10)+1 = x5 HC multiplier for 3 turns, which matches what you found.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

< Message edited by Lv 1000 -- 2/16/2023 21:48:28 >
    Post #: 4
    2/16/2023 18:38:28   
    Bu Kek Siansu

Thank you, Lv 1000.
    Post #: 5
    2/16/2023 23:28:00   
    soska

Yeah my bad regarding the Dragonguard spell, no idea why I thought it adds to the base since it's Hypercrit

Anyways I find that increasing your base LS rate and multiplying that with Hypercrit seems to be the easiest cost efficient way to guarantee a LS
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
    2/20/2023 9:09:38   
    Bu Kek Siansu

Your write-up regarding Hypercritical is very helpful. Thank you, Lv 1000!

I suggest you to save and (if it's possible) add/post it somewhere.
    Post #: 7
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Hypercritical, x«??» rate = +«??»% crit rate
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition