Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Been a while... I would like to update this character.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Been a while... I would like to update this character.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2023 17:32:40   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Here ya go.

I haven't really played him in two years-ish. I wonder what I need to change, or what I need to upgrade.
Though, if I can drop a personal wish? I would like to reduce the amount of bloodzerker style armors to two at most. I get they're strong but dumping a full inventory of them kind of feels... lame to me nowadays.I want some more variety.

I have unopened GGBs, don't hesitate to throw things my way. Thanks y'all.

"You are weak. I am strong. The result... is obvious."
-Cabal Patriarch
Post #: 1
3/6/2023 3:10:46   
Primate Murder

Let's see if I can help...

Weapons

I would suggest switching your no-drop element to ice, as it lacks any exceptional warrior-oriented shields.

For a build with Str and End, Hexbound Prominence is stronger than Bloodblade.

Kindred sword, in case you need autohit.

Haunted Dragonlord's Might deals slightly less damage than regular weapons, but recovers sp with each hit. Great synergy with Werewolf's Beast Form.

Terra Bloodzerker Sword remains the most stable and powerful option for earth.

Caissa gives you access to Harm damage. If you want a harm weapon with a smaller upkeep, Royal Voidrender also works.

Presuming your top light nuke is going to be Paladin's Inner Light, you'd want either Mystic Retro Golden Axe (recovers sp whenever you cast a spell-based light skill) or Lion's Roar (boosts damage of spell-based light skills, with increased boost against Undead). Don't use them to attack - both weapons are Magic; use the weapon from Paladin's Armaments skill for that.

Terror Eater is still pretty good if you're willing to take the time to stack Fear effects.

Armors

Hexbound Solar Core is a straight-up upgrade over the Bloodzerker, dealing more damage both with its regular attacks and with its skill.

There's not much competition for Quenching Bloodzerker.

Grenwog Rider is earth/wind compression armor with skills for both elements.

The staff released several warrior-focused ice armors at the tail end of last year, of which Winter Dryad Bark is my personal favorite. Alas, it only returns on Harvest Fest, so grab either Master Fighter or White Howler werewolf variant until then.

H-Series Tempest Power Armor is hands-down the best energy armor ever released for warriors. It has a toggle to lock your weapon attacks to energy, with appropriate elecomp damage bonus and celerity (if you have enought sp). It also has Initiative Bonus, which gives +50% damage during first round of the battle if you go first.

Paladin's Overwhelming Lihgt deals damage comparable to White Knight Z, and comes with a ton of utility, like status toggles, healing, resurrection, and a light booster guest. And, of course, it is the single best armor against any undead you may encounter.

Angel of Souls comes with a cheap hp-costing darkness skill.

Shields

Cerberus Ward compresses fire/dark.

Hyperalphean Skjoldr can auto-block one hit per battle.

Haunted Dragonlord's Will comes with a qc Barrier that scales with your Str.

Chieftain's Ironthorn has a Str drive.

Mindbreaker Shield comes with a qc skill to inflict DefLoss and Blind. It inflicts with Int, but monster takes -20 penalty to save, so it evens out. Best used with Pridelord guest and Spotter Drake pet for bonus potency.

Against Undead, use the shield from Paladin Armaments. Otherwise, Mana Crystal Defender, which gives you a small Barrier each time you use a spell-based skill (like Inner Light).

TropoShield is the strongest offensive shield in the game. Its defenses are subpar, but it has a toggle to inflict fire/earth/energy EleVuln on the monster each time you attack for 42% extra damage.

Spells

Not much to say here, honestly. The only thing I suggest is finding a place for Pridelord guest which gives Status Potence.

Pets

Likewise, little to add.

Spotter Drake gives Status Potence.

Lust and Envy increase your chances of LS for their elements. Better than Dunamis for fire and earth attacks.

Miscs

Optico Statue gives +10 Status Potence.

Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
3/6/2023 4:26:30   
Rafiq von den Vielen

I actually do have a few questions. But thanks for the time!

Hexbound versus Twisted Dragonfire? I love the style of the hexbound set to bits but would Twisted Dragonfire's toggle beat out Prominence?
I have Frigid Devouring Scythe, but currently a problem with it (game tells me I don't have access to the shop even if I bought the package >.> <.<), so would that be worth a consideration?

Also I'm not opposed to dropping Terror and Fear eating as a whole.

Is Optico in the Token shop? I can't find any mention of its location.
Post #: 3
3/6/2023 7:00:30   
Primate Murder

quote:

Hexbound versus Twisted Dragonfire? I love the style of the hexbound set to bits but would Twisted Dragonfire's toggle beat out Prominence?

It's a matter of personal preference, I think. If you want accuracy, Dragonfire is better, no contest. Hexbound, however, gives more damage and costs hp rather than sp.

quote:

I have Frigid Devouring Scythe, but currently a problem with it (game tells me I don't have access to the shop even if I bought the package >.> <.<), so would that be worth a consideration?

Actually... yes! A cheap weapon-based ice skill is pretty cool, and Harm resistance is incredibly rare.

quote:

Also I'm not opposed to dropping Terror and Fear eating as a whole.

If you feel like trying out something new, darkness has no shortage of useful melee weapons. Eclipsed Dragonlord's Might is a clone of Haunted DL weapon, Agony's Embrace makes you take and deal increased damage, Uragiri sacrifices defenses for increased damage and accuracy, and Possessed Diabolical Blade is a f2p light imbue.

quote:

Is Optico in the Token shop? I can't find any mention of its location.

Yulgar's Inn -> Devourer Saga -> The Beacon
AQ DF  Post #: 4
3/6/2023 7:26:40   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Thanks!

Now all I need to figure out is how to fit Devouring Scythe into my inventory once I get the problem sorted out.
Post #: 5
3/14/2023 10:58:21   
Firedice18

Do we still have bug with the Devourer Scythe shop.

I have the same issue i cannot buy the weapon even though i already bought the package.
AQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Been a while... I would like to update this character.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition