Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Revenge of the Shrooms

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Revenge of the Shrooms
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/13/2023 19:38:29   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

Revenge of the Shrooms

Location: Falconreach (Book 3) -> Ruby -> Quest! -> Revenge of the Shrooms
Requirements: None
Release Date: May 12th, 2023

Objective: Another day, another attack on Falconreach. This time from... mushrooms?
Objective completed: No one can prove it was you.

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(4) Mushroom Brawler
(6) Mushroom Nodus
(5) Mushroom Sapper
(1) Commander Cibaria, (1) Mushroom Sapper, (1) Mushroom Brawler, (1) Mushroom Nodus - Boss

NPCs
Ruby

Rewards
Mushroom Cap (I-VII)

Access to VotS Loot for DCs.

Dialogue

*It's a sunny day in Falconreach as Ruby asks for your help in the Central Intersection.*

Ruby: ...It's horrible, <Character>. Just horrible!
<Character>: Oh, hello there, Ruby.
<Character>: What's horrible?
Ruby: The mushrooms, <Character>! The mushrooms!
Ruby: They're revolting!
<Character>: Er. Can't you just get better ones?
Ruby: Hmm... Could I? Maybe.
Ruby: Yes.
Ruby: Yes, it will be a terrible shame, but I suppose there really is no other choice.
Ruby: You don't mind taking care of the leftovers, do you?

*You try to understand what is Ruby saying about "taking care of" in terms of the revolting mushrooms.*

<Character>: ...Um. What do you mean by "taking care of"?
Ruby: I told you, they're revolting.
Ruby: You should probably stop them before someone gets hurt.
<Character>: Wait, what—
Ruby: Good luck!

*You fight various mushrooms through the Eastern and Northern Sections of Falconreach until you reach the revolting mushroom leader—Commander Cibaria—found outside the Falconreach Guardian Tower; after defeating Commander Cibaria and his minions, you report to Ruby of your success.*

Ruby: Oh, you're back.
<Character>: Indeed! I've saved Falconreach yet again!

<Character>: But... Where did all those mushrooms come from?!
<Character>: You don't suppose they wanted... revenge?

*Scene fades to white as it transitions to Commander Cibaria's past; Commander Cibaria can be seen coexisting with other mushrooms in a field of grass.*

Commander Cibaria, Age: Unknown.

*Scene flashes white as it depicts the birth of Commander Cibaria; a spore—the present day Commander Cibaria—can be seen dropped in a field of grass.*

As a small spore, Cibaria was possessed of an intrinsic empathy for others of his kind, never before seen by other fungi.

*From a spore, Commander Cibaria grew to that of a fully grown mushroom.*

Kind-hearted, and eager to please, he would do his best to bring comfort to all those connected to his patch of mycelium.

*Scene flashes white as it depicts Commander Cibaria coexisting with other mushrooms.*

Soon, he would come to be known as Cibaria, the Compassionate. But this could not last.

*Suddenly, a giant shadow—great and giant monster—above approach Commander Cibaria and the mushrooms.*

One day, a great and giant monster appeared from over the horizon. From lands unknown, this beast tore through the mycelium...

*Scene flashes white as it depicts you—the great and giant monster—have been the one to eat the mushrooms near Cibaria.*

...even going so far as to devour Cibaria's kin whole.

*Scene flashes white as it depicts the mushrooms near Cibaria eaten one by one, causing Cibaria to become helpless.*

Cibaria, helpless to defend his friends and family, was the sole survivor.

*Scene flashes white as it depicts an angry Cibaria to give a reason for revenge on targeting you.*

But rather than fall to despair, the pain and suffering grew into a raging fury in his cap.

From that day forth, he swore vengeance upon the beast that had destroyed all he knew.

*Scene flashes white as it depicts other mushrooms following Commander Cibaria's cause of revenge.*

Cibaria trained not only himself, but others of his kind. Others who had those they loved taken by the giant.

*Scene flashes white as it depicts Commander Cibaria looking at the Falconreach Guardian Tower from a distance.*

And when the time was right, they would march upon that bastion of the giants: Falconreach.

*Scene fades to white as it transitions back to present day.*

Ruby: Don't be silly. They're just mushrooms.
Ruby: People eat them all the time! Like in this stew!
Ruby: It's not like someone's going around Lore, hunting down every last one.

*Ruby pauses as she gives a worrisome look on her face.*

Ruby: ...Right?
<Character>: Definitely not.
<Character>: Um. I have to go now. I just remembered, I uh, left my dragon on.
Ruby: Come again soon!

*Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens VotS Loot for DCs shop.

Other information
  • Cysero's Orb acts as a HP/MP healing pad during the quest.
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• ...Maybe it's for the best if Twilly sleeps through this.
  • Ruby: 'There aren't any mushrooms that way. I checked when you weren't looking.'
  • Ruby: 'I didn't see any go that way. I thought you were supposed to be good at this.'
  • Even from here, you can tell the gate is locked.
  • You feel the gaze of an imposing presence staring down at you... Better clear out all the others first...
  • Cysero's Orb seems to beckon to you with non-existent arms. Maybe you should touch it?
  • Oh, how nice, Cysero's Orb heals you! Better hope he doesn't send an invoice later...
  • There is nothing inside this bag except sadness and madness. You decide to let it be.
  • Linus watches silently from his perch.
  • No mushrooms?
  • Your mushroom senses are tingling. And they tell you that there aren't any more past here.
  • If any mushrooms went through the portal and survived, well, they're someone else's problem now.
  • The mushrooms wait for you to approach...

• < Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 5/20/2023 14:40:51 >
  • DF  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Revenge of the Shrooms
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition