Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= 2023 Summer Event II - The Scourge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= 2023 Summer Event II - The Scourge
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2023 14:25:48   
CHAIML

The Scourge - A Traitor's Lash COMING THIS WEEK!
AQ's Epic Summer Saga continues with The Scourge! After facing signs of the new threat brewing in the Far West, you race back to Terminus... Only to find that you're not the only one rushing to return. What madness could already be attacking the Western Expanse?

Summer 2023 Golden Giftboxes Wave Thrashers!
Get ready to carve and conquer in AdventureQuest as a new set of surfboard weapons arrive for the Summer season! This collection features a perfect balance between modern and retro styles, with three brand new designs, as well as 3 retro designs paying homage to the incredible history of AQ.

Don't miss out on your last chance this year to grab the ultimate cross-game loot as AdventureQuest bids farewell to many legendary Golden Giftboxes prizes. Check out our battleon.com homepage for a complete list of all prizes leaving this week!

Limited-Time Shop - Father's Day COMING THIS WEEK!
Gear up and celebrate the heroic dads of AdventureQuest! Uncover a treasure trove of extraordinary equipment, featuring beloved classics like the Father Time Shield and Godfather Pets. But that's not all! This Father's Day, AdventureQuest brings you the ultimate tool for any dads—the versatile Multi-Maul! A symbol of strength, ingenuity, and the indomitable spirit of dads everywhere.

This is also the final week before the Mother's Day Limited-Time Shop leaves!This is also the final week before the Mother's Day Limited-Time Shop leaves!

Scourge of Entropy Arsenal - 20K Z-Token Package
This powerful arsenal features Melee/Ranged/Magic weapon types, plus a shield! When Erebus and the Cold split Drakath's mind, a new force was born on Lore. Given life and power, the wrath of a villain broke away to break the world. What great and terrible deeds would you work with such power, forging a hero's wrath into weapons that let you embody it? Let the world and its villains shudder as you transform into a dragon of legend!

The summer saga. *SQUEES*. Tag you're it. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 6/12/2023 14:31:38 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
6/12/2023 19:48:56   
PD

Looking forward to this.

Speaking of the Western Expanse, maybe one day we'll finally get a map of the west. So much of the recent storyline has been taking place there but we're unable to travel there. It would make the storyline feel much more immersive if this were the case.

It won't happen but it would be awesome if the game would endorse its un-official content order and make the map interact with your quest progression. Dragonfable already consolidates all its quests in one location and if AQ could do the same and have an interactive map to it that would an amazing part of the game. It would also make it easier to understand the game's storyline that only the most seasoned players (and LK) know about.

< Message edited by PD -- 6/12/2023 19:53:39 >
Post #: 2
6/12/2023 20:53:37   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

We've had discussions about how to set up a content guide, and I would personally love a DF style map. I can't say anything about timing, since Hollow has his hands full with the schedule as is, but even if a strict timeline isn't feasible due to past continuity issues, but I'm enthusiastic about the possibilities now that we've wrapped up all of the incomplete main story sagas.
Post #: 3
6/13/2023 0:21:24   
ming shuen

quote:

Don't miss out on your last chance this year to grab the ultimate cross-game loot as AdventureQuest bids farewell to many legendary Golden Giftboxes prizes. Check out our battleon.com homepage for a complete list of all prizes leaving this week!

Just to check, but has this been uploaded yet? I can't find it anywhere for some reason. . .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/15/2023 18:44:59   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Right, eventually we will expand Battleon to add a library (and Lorekeeper's npc) where players can access quests in an organized structure, dive into some interesting lore, etc.

quote:

Just to check, but has this been uploaded yet? I can't find it anywhere for some reason. . .

The prizes left the shops last week and the homepage post was updated. I've added the list of prizes that are no longer available to the op of that week's update.

Kam is experiencing some annoying issues with his monitor. He has a new one already on the way but that will cause some delays to the release this week.

NEW: Gear up for an unforgettable adventure with Part 2 of our sizzling Summer Event as we celebrate all of the dads of AQ!

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 6/15/2023 18:44:59 >
AQ  Revisions: 1 | Post #: 5
6/15/2023 22:18:38   
PD

quote:

Right, eventually we will expand Battleon to add a library (and Lorekeeper's npc) where players can access quests in an organized structure, dive into some interesting lore, etc.

This is huge. I certainly look forward to it because while the heart of AQ is indeed freedom of progression, I still think it's a good idea to have a sort of helping hand to ease them into the game if they're new or they haven't been around for a while.

As for the items, I like all of them. The most interesting is the multi-maul. I could see a lot of dodging builds running this with strong results. Thinking of the recent Mark of Wrath or the Entropy form (if you have it, of course) as possible strong combos..
Post #: 6
6/16/2023 4:27:36   
LoreQuester

Really excited for this summer saga, given the strong start we have here

@Cray given how the game now pays special attention to smaller details compared to the simple "it just works/magic" approach of the old days, will the aspect of how millions upon millions of mobs fight and die in countless wars for battleon be brought up? It has always bugged me how so many lives get thrown into the meat grinder that is battleon yet no one ever seems to comment on it
AQ  Post #: 7
6/16/2023 12:22:28   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

For the most part, the war meters are a gameplay abstraction. I've been building up to Lore having a very different cultural approach to smaller conflicts while still regarding the truly huge ones as world-shaking events to be dreaded, and Battleon's unique status started getting more of an acknowledgement during the Umazen Uprising arc (The Umazen considering it a priority trade partner to not provoke, Yulgar bringing up that raiders can't afford to make a move on it). The specific wave counts have to remain a bit of gameplay-story segregation, however, as past wars would've otherwise long since depleted the world's population. There's still more world building to do in this regard, though, and this summer event happens to be leading us in that direction!

On the note of world building, here's something neat to keep track of:

You now know the name of the Sixth Tyranny of Heck, as well as the predominant element of Perion. The Title of Archon is also important somewhere in Heck, worn by someone with a name similar to Sharion.
Post #: 8
6/16/2023 22:07:42   
LoreQuester

I have always thought that a huge reason why so many mobs can fight in war is because resurrection magic exists, or the boatman decides to be generous and curry more favor than needed. Plus, some might simply get "knocked out" before getting back into the fray again

Furthermore, given how players can summon reinforcements from other planets to fight for them, it's a miracle how the common folks haven't considered us a warlord of sort

P.S: Haven't we fought and beaten the Wicked King before? He should have at least been one of the Six, given his influence and power, right?

AQ  Post #: 9
6/16/2023 22:42:35   
Korriban Gaming

I seldom say this but IMO this release is perfect. The quest wasn't too lengthy, the fights are fun (same for the boss fight) and all 3 items released are very good. I love it, please continue to give us more of such content in the future!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
6/16/2023 22:55:44   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

quote:

P.S: Haven't we fought and beaten the Wicked King before? He should have at least been one of the Six, given his influence and power, right?

Yep! The Wicked King is the ruler of one of the Eight Tyrannies, and no small feat to have defeated! It's no major secret that his domain is predominantly aligned to Fire, and could even be considered a twisted mirror of the Fire Realm.

Overall, you have earned a fair amount of information and accolades tied to Heck:

• (The Wicked King's domain) Endured one of the Tyrannies and fought through its ruler
  • Learned the name, appearance, and element of another: Perion, the Sixth Tyranny, a cluster of mountains (Thus the Earth aspect) attached to each other at the base, suspended over a burning sea.
  • Met descendants of the Second Tyranny's legacy.
  • Been entrusted with weapons meant for a rebellion in yet another Tyranny.

Secrets of the Fourth Tyranny have also been creeping their way in.

Edit: Learned to BBCode 20 years late.

< Message edited by Lorekeeper -- 6/16/2023 23:02:24 >
  • Post #: 11
    7/14/2023 11:28:42   
    PhillipThielen
    Banned

Reminder to all not to make alt forum accounts, or you will be nommed. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 9/16/2023 16:34:04 >
    Post #: 12
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= 2023 Summer Event II - The Scourge
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition