Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Questions about Fallen Angel Set and the stat revamp

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Questions about Fallen Angel Set and the stat revamp
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2023 13:37:54   
Grace Xisthrith

My goal for the purpose of this thread is to ask questions about the Fallen Angel Vindication Set (mostly the armor), and see if we the playerbase can potentially learn about new standards in balance that may be coming post stat revamp, and if we could get any relevant details on the stat revamp. If staff for any reason don't want to reveal this information, please feel free to delete the thread. Or, if any players want to comment their personal theories on the balance standard, I think that would be interesting as well.

Here I've quoted the relevant parts of the infosubs, shortening and deleting parts so it takes up less space. If you're confused about the armor, feel free to read the full info subs

quote:

Fallen Angel's Vindication

Unbroken Loyalty: Toggle, pay 20% SP for a boost to pet and guest damage. The damage is +17.5% at 0 STR and +25% at expected STR (max: 26.5%)
Commander's Onslaught: Darknes Melee weapon-based skill. Efficient (x1.8 baseline instead of x2). Instead of STR, it uses 1.25*(STR+CHA)/2 for BTH and damage. If used with Fallen Angel Ambition (the crossbow) then this enhances the weapon's default attack.

Bonus: Takes -9 blocking (already factored in) for the following effects:
Once per battle when you are hit, if you are below 50% health then you gain 1 turn of Pet+Guest Celerity.
After your pet or guest attack, it can inflict your foe with Poison (Pet Power:0.2, Guest Power:0.3, 2 turns, heal HP equal to damage dealt). The mob can resist with a save at a +0 bouns (inflict with CHA/STR, resist with END/LUK).

And, the only relevant part of the weapon (IMO), its impact on reducing guest upkeep having different rules for boosters
quote:

NOTE: These guest upkeep modifiers don't affect booster guests. Or at least they shouldn't. Please report any that do.

I want to point at a few interesting cases, the Unbroken Loyalty Toggle, the weapon based skill stat damage and bth, and the pet and guest poison, and the weapon's lack of impact on booster guests.

The Unbroken Loyalty Toggle has several similar abilities currently in game, most easily comparable are Regal Reigndragon's pet and guest damage and accuracy boost (+20% damage and +8.5 bth) for 30% melee in SP, and Axe of Kindness' 25% pet and guest damage boost for 25% melee in damage. Regal Reigndragon and Axe of Kindness pay exactly as expected, assuming pets and guests are totaled at 100% melee, 40 for pets, 60 for guests. This new toggle however pays 20% for a maximum of 25% damage, but it also scales off stats, and presumably with 1 stat invested, it would give 21.25% damage, halfway between 17.5% and 25%. So, this gives me a few questions, since this toggle gives more value than you'd expect for its SP cost. The explanations I've considered are:
1: Since it scales with a stat "unrelated" to pets and guests, it's given extra power compared to the other options I've listed, as they technically don't require stats to use
2: Since it scales with a Mainstat but boosts a feature of a substat, there is a new standard to boost the power of combining two of these stats (discussed further later), and players are compensated for that with a slight power boost (20% would be expected by the SP cost, this finishes at 25% output), so a 25% increase for using a Mainstat scaling on a substat.
Will this standard of a 25% boost be applied to other applications? Like say in theory, the Axe of Kindness weapons requiring a mainstat to actually do damage, so would their +25% damage be multiplied by 1.25x?

Next topic is the weapon based skill toggle, and it is directly related to my second explanation listed just above. It seems to be using STR and CHA together for stats, and the stat damage appears to be multiplied by 1.25x, which provides evidence for that new standard I just theorized. If so, does the entire skill do 1.25x damage, or is just the stat damage increased, so the entire skill would deal (on average) 1.125x damage? Is the rationale behind this standard using a mainstat and substat together, so they receive a 1.25x power boost? Or is there another potential standard or rationale for this scaling? Would this Mainstat + Substat combo 1.25x multiplier also apply to effects that use END, or LUK? (I'd guess END yes but LUK no, as LUK has been an assumed stat in the past)

Next topic is the pet and guest poison. If the guests' poisons will always be power .3 compared to the pets' poisons at power .2, does this mean the ratio of guest power = 1.5 pet power is staying during the stat revamp? Does this also mean guest output will stay at the current 60% melee? I'm very much in favor of this for various reasons (chiefly of which making guests like Mogdin or Corgi not have their status inflictions randomly inconsitent when they're intended to be consistent), so I'd personally be happy to hear if that is confirmed. If not, it'll be interesting either way and I'll be excited to change up my builds.

Finally, the weapon's guest cost reduction. It seems to not apply to boosters, does that mean booster guest upkeep will be on a different standard post stat revamp, and if so, is there any chance we might be able to learn what that standard is? Two related points, if most boosters (not leprechan and manifestation I think, but that's it) require a Mainstat and Substat to be at full power, will they receive a 1.25x power boost (or cost reduction, or something), just like the above theorized Mainstat + Substat scaling boosts? And secondly, if the weapon also takes a Mainstat and CHA to function effectively, would it also receive a 1.25x boost to its effect, reducing guest cost by 12.5% melee instead of 10%?

I'm excited to see the stat revamp come out, and I'm curious if this set uses modern precedents that will be applied post stat revamp, or if I'm just grasping at straws. Either way, I'll be curious to see others thoughts on the topic
AQ  Post #: 1
12/9/2023 21:02:18   
Sapphire

Some good questions.

I have some questions and comments, myself.

Questions first:

1. If the guest migration to the server side is intended to handle global damage valuations, if , in theory, the guest valuation changes, will the power of any status in status mode scale/change with that change, or would this still have to be manually edited?

If manually edited, it would seem to me that the main purpose for the migration is dealing mostly with upkeeps instead of damage values. The pet/guest power on that poison would then grant us a peak into the window of future plans.

2. Wouldn't changing the valuation of the guests actually create a bit of a snowball effect that might be time consuming to fix or undo if something went awry?

3. If CHA weapons are so freaking evil, why does this armor turn every weapon into a psuedo CHA weapon ? (although not entirely in the same way, I admit)

Comments:

Regarding #3, it seems as though the implementation here is pretty much as I've been suggesting. If a CHA "required DEX" pre-stat revamp and thus, then was deemed ok due to the 2-stat "requirement", why not change them all to keep the 2 stat requirement by replacing DEX with "Highest of mainstat"? This would then not only allow the continued design space for them IMO, because I think leaving old ones alone and just ignoring them is a bad idea, you'd actually create additional design space for Rangers and Warriors who are Beastmasters and not just make the CHA weapon idea relegated to Mages.

I also fully believe anytime we do something where we insert CHA, END, etc etc into something that's a non-standard stat, there should be a baseline penalty applied right off the top. These ideas shouldnt allow for the same damage capability as standard stats, and the appeal should be in the effects.

Regarding the booster guest, I view them as another stat replacement. They're essentially reverse CHA weapons, in a way. The guest slot is *meant* for those who train CHA, but non CHA trained players use of them is essentially become meta. The upkeep increase will limit this, but we begin to run into double dipping issues IMO. I have no issue with a booster being used on a player with 0 CHA, but they're using the guest slot, which is intended for CHA players, to boost their own damage. It's replacing CHA with Main-Stat. Therefore, IMO, they should have a baseline penalty applied.
1. Boosters are always mathematically better , and really show it in FO armor lean.
2. Player damage is boosted in so many ways, that several additive and multiplicative boosts along with these boosters make damage capability player-side absurd.

So, something I have been saying, boosters will need to be re-evaluated separately from the rest of the stat revamp and IMO, they need to be nerfed. That might be an unpopular idea in both nerf and overhaul, but I hope the exlusion of boosters from the upkeep discount hopefully shows us that staff understands that boosters will need a pivot.

Ultimately, the Gorilla in the room for the entire stat revamp is what happens with CHA. It will need to be handled delicately, but sensibly. I predict CHA will see a dichotomy. END is a stat that provides so many HP's that is makes the game easier, and the heal bonus IMO is kind of nonsensicle because with so many HP's, there's no need to heal. But we all know END's real attribute serves to 1. Provide psuedo damage boosts via HP cost, or backlash OP'dness or 2. Essence orb Fuel.

But what happens once EO is nerfed?

CHA is being nerfed, but I predict meta will super-shift towards training CHA to help mitigate SP costs due to the change to Essence Orb. End is OP but boring so it's OK, and it provides enough HP's to not need to heal, but yet gets heal assistance. That's it's dichotomy. For CHA, the dichotomy will be it's nerfed yet will be desired due to the style bonus for booster upkeep. And that's partially why I believe boosters will need to be treated on separate standards from the rest of the guests. Maybe this is a good sign.

< Message edited by Sapphire -- 12/9/2023 21:10:22 >
Post #: 2
12/12/2023 17:05:45   
Grace Xisthrith

I see it was moved to the QA section, makes sense, I'll remember that for next time I make a thread like this
AQ  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Questions about Fallen Angel Set and the stat revamp
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition