Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Stat Overhaul Discussion & Feedback!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Stat Overhaul Discussion & Feedback!
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2024 21:09:02   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

As we're coming very close to the freeze line and running out of time to process feedback, here's an important reminder that there's a narrowing limit to what kind of feedback we can act on as the time approaches.

quote:

In summary, the stat overhaul project is fundamentally a huge balance project with set goals and the scope of a week's release. The determining factors for whether an idea makes it in, then, are:

• Does the idea accomplish the project goals?
  • Can the idea's technical implementation fit in the project's workload?
  • Does the idea work in our balance framework and inter-build balance goals?

• Once again, and especially at the stage of feedback we're at, please read staff posts in full before submitting feedback. We're at a point of needing concrete and constructive suggestions that actually engage with the project details. It's crucially important for feedback to consider what's technically possible (We mentioned running into technical hurdles preventing extra hit mechanics), within the parameters and goals of the revamp (Where we've mentioned that INT will not receive vertical power increases, and the reason for Ferocious Strikes to remain a random feature), and informed by ongoing information updates (Where we reiterated that INT will not vertical power increases).

To clarify for posterity: Resource healing is something we've already kept out of the revamp because we cannot introduce breaks in the model to the very foundations of the game. INT is not going to receive a vertical power increase.

Lastly, rejecting the existence of an issue when presented with evidence for it doesn't make it any less essential for us to fix it. Guests don't come close to the power of a player turn because they're not paying the cost of a player turn. That does not mean that dealing three times the effects they pay for is not a problem. We cannot abstain from fixing one of the longest standing balance issues in the game after a year of the hard work necessary to do so, signaling to all other builds that fairness doesn't matter and they no longer get to draw a comparison.
    Post #: 201
    2/5/2024 21:20:29   
    Aura Knight

For something meant to put builds on somewhat equal standing, the choice to hurt beast builds defeats the purpose. Guests are a significant part of the power for such builds yet the choice is to hurt them. All this update will do is put pure builds ahead while the previously good ones will be less ideal choices. I'll hold on to the hope I'm wrong and very little will change with how I play.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 202
    2/5/2024 21:35:58   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

quote:

Once again, and especially at the stage of feedback we're at, please read staff posts in full before submitting feedback. We're at a point of needing concrete and constructive suggestions that actually engage with the project details. It's crucially important for feedback to consider what's technically possible (We mentioned running into technical hurdles preventing extra hit mechanics), within the parameters and goals of the revamp (Where we've mentioned that INT will not receive vertical power increases, and the reason for Ferocious Strikes to remain a random feature), and informed by ongoing information updates (Where we reiterated that INT will not vertical power increases).

To clarify for posterity: Resource healing is something we've already kept out of the revamp because we cannot introduce breaks in the model to the very foundations of the game. INT is not going to receive a vertical power increase.

I guess that leaves me with suggestion 2 which is an additional 9th no-drop Harm spell. This isn't a vertical power increase, just more versatility. It doesn't sit well with me that Mages are framed as getting something when in reality we're really given nothing at all. Of course, if anyone else has any other good suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Wallbreaker with the current or proposed numbers just isn't it.

And you have already "fixed" the problems with guests getting 3 times what they paid for with the original staff proposed suggestions. I was referring to the other suggestions put forth by other players to nerf it even further. Literally no one would want to use CHA if it was cut to those lowly numbers. If we're talking about fairness then making CHA as unattractive as possible to play isn't fair.

END and LUK already have their own selling points as secondary stats as pointed out by the posts above. What is CHA left with?
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 203
    2/5/2024 21:42:46   
    Aura Knight

Wallbreaker will never be more relevant than using non-elemental options, the most accessible being harm. Can't even offer the stat something helpful while any dislike of the planned change is ignored. Even doing nothing to intellect would have worked.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 204
    2/5/2024 21:55:05   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

A no-drop Harm spell would be unfair to mages to tie to a style bonus, as it wouldn't kick in until level 150. That being said, it's an idea I've been attached to for a while -- Although one that requires messing with no-drop code. When there's time to rummage through that eldritch monstrosity with Rhubarb's help, that'd make sense to give to INT builds for no power cost.
    Post #: 205
    2/5/2024 21:59:37   
    Grace Xisthrith

Taking Lorekeeper's message seriously, I want to provide two fleshed out alternatives to the current DEX style bonus, since I'm quite opposed to it. Briefly though first, the MRM could be swapped to BTH. Nobody likes MRM apparently :p . I also think that as many players have suggested, particularly Dardiel, the bth lean adjustment could be faster.

Second, two ideas I wanted to provide more detail on are an idea of how to implement lean mitigation in a way that works well with the DEX identity, and the potential benefit of implementing mechanics that trigger on missed attack.

Lean mitigation is mitigating the downsides of BTH leans, more accuracy for inaccurate attacks, more damage for accurate attacks. My view for this as an improved version of how it was originally proposed, taking into account the new proposed DEX identity is as follows: (assuming 10% melee valuation)
    Lean mitigation present at all BTH leans, but it scales in power, only 5% melee at 0 BTH lean, but at more intense BTH leans, it scales up (sort of like a player controlled trigger, since the player influences their bth lean) up to 15% melee. The exact numbers are of course up to staff, but I'd propose 5% melee at 0, 10% melee at 15 bth lean, and 15% melee at 30 bth lean.
    In short, at 0 BTH lean, you get evenly split damage and accuracy (2.25 bth and 2.5% damage). At 15 bth lean, you get 75% your synergistic bonus (accuracy with a -bth lean, damage with a +bth lean, in this case 7.5% damage and 2.25 bth, or 6.375 bth and 2.5% damage), and at a 30 BTH lean you get 100% your synergistic bonus (+15% damage for +bth lean, +12.75bth for -bth lean). This synergizes well with the stat identity, and although it does benefit FO more than FD, it does help to give more reliable attacks to FD rangers inflicting statuses. This would also reward players for managing their bth lean effectively, and pushing their builds as far one way or the other as they can. This is not a perfect implementation, but I'm hopeful it would provide a significant benefit to DEX players while being much more interesting, and unique compared to STR, than a flat damage boost. It could also increase with consecutive turns of negative or positive bth leans, 4 turns to reach the cap for example 50/50, then 62.5/37.5, 75/25, 87.5/12.5, 100/0. There is more than one way to do it.

My second idea I'd like to flesh out is effects when players miss their attacks. With the current proposal of adjusting bth leans based on hits and misses, it's almost guaranteed that DEX builds will eventually miss with their attacks. This, in my opinion, opens the field to effects which proc on missed attack.
    Since attacks have an 85% hit chance, miss chance is 15%. Whatever %melee is inputted is then divided by that 15%, so it can have a very strong output, and can probably be made to feel valuable to players, even if it procs rarely. (This should probably be affected by the player's negative BTH lean, since it's now built into the stat. That would weaken the multiplier, but of course it would happen more often)
    These effects could potentially be differentiated based on weapon proc chance (IE, different for FO and FD based builds). Perhaps they couldn't be, I don't know I'm not a coder, but it would be nice if they could be
    The below numbers assume a 5% melee investment. The numbers are probably off by 15% here or there, and assume base 15% miss rate, which would probably not be the case, given the ever changing lean built into DEX. However, it's a baseline so that players or staff might see the appeal, here are some of the ideas I came up with that could be used

-Inflict (hits missed/hits attempted) / .15 x 5% melee defloss (~20 defloss) (your foe dodges the attack, but it leaves them in a disadvantaged position)
    -Gain (hits missed / hits attempted) / .15 x 3 MRM (~20 MRM)(your foe dodges the attack, but it forces them off balance so their next attack is less accurate).
    -Gain (hits missed / hits attempted) / .15 x 5% melee elempower (~33 elempower)(you miss your foe, but keen agility allows you to perceive how they guard their weak points) (wording needs work ty in advance LK :p)
    -Heal (hits missed / hits attempted / .15 x 5% melee in HP (~115) (you miss your foe, but catch a brief respite as they avoid your attacks) (this may be considered resource regen, and is now the only one that does this since STR has lost its Choke, so maybe it's invalid)
    -Gain a (hits missed / hits attempted / .15 x 5/100/.85) ~40% chance of celerity on missed attack (your extreme agility allows you to overcome your mistake with pure speed)

Some of these effects are pretty plain, some have very obvious results, but all of them interact with the DEX identity of self adjusting bth lean. DEX players would eventually see these benefits in battle, and it would make the downside of the lean adjustment (eventually being forced to miss) almost like a bonus instead of a detriment. I hope this would also be distinctly unique from STR's raw damage boost.

Other things:
    Ward: That is a good well worded response. I'm happy to have had the discussion about it, and I like and now understand several of your points.

Branl:
    "There technically isn't any motivation to use FO over FD, it was always less efficient. Nothing's really changed in that regard." Comparing FO to FD from before to after the proposal (if the proposal goes live as stated), going from dealing 25% damage for taking ~55% more monster damage to dealing 10% damage for taking ~55% more monster damage is a massive expansion of the efficiency gap between FO and FD, I don't really see how you can argue otherwise.

"Spending 250 strength for 10% Melee is.... a choice I guess. It's actively weaker than investing in literally any other stat though so I don't know what your problem with that is." Very fair point. Hybridizing in a second mainstat should have strong benefits. I still think it might be too much to have them stack so easily together, but that's a very fair point.

"Most of these are just ideas that were rejected months ago." Pretty sure that's just incorrect. They proposed several of them themselves (MRM, Lean Mitigation, Initiative). The only one I know of that's been acknowledged by staff is the RNG autododge, which was viewed negatively to my memory, and they haven't said anything about the initiative formula in over a year, although they did change their minds on their initial proposal back then of having DEX count for 2x what STR and INT does. Not really a big deal either way though, I'm probably just being petty defending my points teehee : p

AQ  Post #: 206
    2/5/2024 22:16:28   
    Weeum

quote:

Wallbreaker will never be more relevant than using non-elemental options, the most accessible being harm. Can't even offer the stat something helpful while any dislike of the planned change is ignored. Even doing nothing to intellect would have worked.

Sorry if this comes off as uncharitable but you would rather mage actually get a whole nothing at all if you can't have some flavor of harm boost?? How can you say your feedback isn't being taken seriously if that's your feedback?

quote:

It doesn't sit well with me that Mages are framed as getting something when in reality we're really given nothing at all.

Incorrect.

quote:

I guess that leaves me with suggestion 2 which is an additional 9th no-drop Harm spell.

Save the 9th no drop spell slot for a custom no drop signature spell vis a vis spellcraft 2.0 :o
    AQ AQW  Post #: 207
    2/5/2024 22:26:22   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

quote:

A no-drop Harm spell would be unfair to mages to tie to a style bonus, as it wouldn't kick in until level 150.

I may have missed this but where was it stated that style bonuses dont kick in till level 150?
    Edit: Ah it was 150 points not level 150, probably typo by LK, was confused by this
    Glad to hear that at least that's an idea that's not off the table and I think myself as well as several others would love it over Wallbreaker as well. You mentioned no power cost so we can get this on top of what's currently proposed? I think that would be fine though with it being such a complicated project, I'm not sure if waiting till the Capn is free before we get something good out of this revamp is something I'd be willing to wait for. Oh and just for clarity, I mean for this to be like the subrace armors, an additional no drop slot, it should not take up the standard 8 slots.

I just thought of this other suggestion for INT
    - Damage from spells can't fall below X value regardless of debuffs, resists or caps. X value scales with INT. Idk what would be a good number for this. Suggestions and calculations welcome. Could be overall damage for a higher number or per hit for a lower number. I think 500 total or 100 per hit is a reasonable number

< Message edited by Korriban Gaming -- 2/5/2024 22:32:58 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 208
    2/5/2024 22:29:49   
    Weeum

quote:

I may have missed this but where was it stated that style bonuses dont kick in till level 150?

It was in the design notes IIRC. Style bonuses kick in at partial power at 150 and scale up to full power at 250.

EDIT:
    quote:

To that end, we're implementing the Style Bonus: A small budget of 20% Melee in power, added to every stat in the shape of small boosts that reward its core behavior or shore up its transitional issues. In the case of main stats, these bonuses are meant to reward both pure and hybrid builds by making each stat equally appealing as a primary or additional main stat. The Style Bonus is unlocked upon reaching 150 in a stat, beginning at a quarter of its power, and scales up to its full value with every 5 points until reaching its full 20% melee value at 250.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 209
    2/5/2024 22:32:52   
    Aura Knight

quote:

Sorry if this comes off as uncharitable but you would rather mage actually get a whole nothing at all if you can't have some flavor of harm boost?? How can you say your feedback isn't being taken seriously if that's your feedback?

Mage never needed anything so a lack of something wouldn't matter. The intellect stat was in a perfect state. You can defend the idea if you wish since I believe you were part of the people who made it but wallbreaker will offer no benefit to people who will use harm spells where elemental options are not needed.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 210
    2/5/2024 22:36:11   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

quote:

You mentioned no power cost so we can get this on top of what's currently proposed?

No-drop code is a minefield that we need the Captain around in order to mess with, as it's very old and very firmly baked into such ancient parts of the code as the order in which the game loads things. To give an idea of how nasty it can get, I once saw the results of a player who somehow moved their no-drop weapon. The game continually filled their active inventory with Blades of Awe.

It's a bit of a delicate beast.
    Post #: 211
    2/5/2024 22:53:40   
    ruleandrew

quote:

END is being given a counter to stuns.

- One way to implement counter to stun -
    When monster attempt to inflict stun on the character, monster need to pass two saves to inflict stun on the character.
    If monster fail first save, character can counter the stun.
    If monster pass first save then fail second save, character just resistance the stun.
    AQ  Post #: 212
    2/5/2024 23:23:55   
    zoby77
    Banned

I'm new to the forums so idk if my opinion will have much sway but I'm going to give my 2 cents anyways

The strength change is nice straight buff to warriors show warriors some love.

Dexterity change is cool I can see a damage ramp up playstyle for defensive rangers but 20 turns to reach max effectiveness c'mon I'm going to be here all day.

The intellect change is mental I think the person whos idea it was, was smoking something, which player looks at a monsters lowest resistance and decides I'm going to hit it with that element. It was always basic game knowledge to me that you hit the monster with most effective element or harm. I feel like this change is being thrown in because everything else is being changed but if intellect is in a good spot right now just let it be or make a change that's actually noticeable because I'm not going to notice the wall breaker mechanic when I play on my mage.

Endurance, not much you can change with the health points system other then changing the amount. So I like the added resistances to status and heal.

Charisma, I really really did not see the need to take a huge steamy load on guests, even now half the time I don't use any guests because I find they take up to much of my resources for the amount of times they miss, and when they do land a hit its no where near comparable to my power level. I would understand this change if it was directed towards players like Brady Simmons because if you watch his YouTube videos he does some pretty crazy stuff with his beastmage build making his pets and guests hit in the thousands, but he rocks a very pay to win primum inventory which I don't think the majority of players have. Anyways I don't like this change not a fan.

And luck, this stat was like the "boost a little bit of everything stat" is how I saw it. The new change really strips down luck to its core which is initiative and lucky strike damage increase which honestly I don't feel any positive or negative way toward, I just know its feels underwhelming. The 10% accuracy floor is whatever, if I was that concerned about landing hits why would I drop 250 points into luck when I could use a auto hit weapon/spell.

This is my favorite childhood game thank you everyone involved who keeps it going battle on!
    Post #: 213
    2/5/2024 23:54:24   
    Primate Murder

If possible, I think we should take a step back and delay the stat revamp until a later date. I understand that a lot of people are excited about it - hell, so am I - but the way things stand right now is a bit of a mess.

Strength

The main and sole beneficiary of the revamp. FO warriors gain a noticeable buff, and FD warriors now exist - even if it is in a barren wasteland of item support.

Dexterity

FO rangers are taken out back and shot. They deal less damage than warrior with weapon attacks (whether it's 0-proc or 100-proc) and get no support for skills - the main reason to use FO.

FD rangers deal the same damage as FD warriors (presuming standard 2-hit monsters) - and with the only good FD armors being pretty much Bards and Neko, they're hit twice as hard by the nerf to guests.

Rangers do not get a niche. Instead, dexterity gets overshadowed by strength even worse than before.

Intellect, Endurance, Luck

Gain minor effects that don't really change anything about how the stat is used.

Charisma

Boosters and backlash guests remain unmatched champions. Even with all the nerfs, they have no real competition.

(edit: barring Mosquitoes - but, iirc, all damage-based effects like Infinita Staff and Alchemical Unity are meant to eventually get harsh caps, and that means that without a dozen buffs the Mosquitoes will only barely be able to provide their own upkeep)

The other 99% of the guests? With costs so high, damage so low, and no broken mechanics like elecomp to boost them, they simply cannot compete with other sp sinks.

If this is going to be the final change on how stats function, then it might be a better idea to take the time and get it right rather than rushing to get it out as soon as possible.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 2/5/2024 23:58:36 >
    AQ DF  Post #: 214
    2/5/2024 23:55:28   
    sujin6614

^^Finally someone who talks normally and yeah Brady Simmons is the best aq player. <3

And yeah finally I can comfortably play FO dex builds now.
    Overall Happy with the new changes.
    Post #: 215
    2/6/2024 0:23:24   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

I echo the same sentiments as everyone else regarding the release date. The revamp has already been delayed for 2 years, at this point it doesn't make a difference if it is delayed for another month or 2 more. I'd much rather have something that most people would be pleased with than to do a hasty release and then having to backtrack later to clean up stuff that people dislike. This is a pain point for alot of the releases and I hope that this being the big release that it is, will be done well the first time.

I would love to hear feedback on the viability of this idea as well as any other new ideas for INT, the current Wallbreaker mechanic is symbolic in the sense that Mages are given something but really doesn't do anything

quote:

Damage from spells can't fall below X value regardless of debuffs, resists or caps. X value scales with INT. Idk what would be a good number for this. Suggestions and calculations welcome. Could be overall damage for a higher number or per hit for a lower number. I think 500 total or 100 per hit is a reasonable number

quote:

The other 99% of the guests? With costs so high, damage so low, and no broken mechanics like elecomp to boost them, they simply cannot compete with other sp sinks.

quote:

Charisma, I really really did not see the need to take a huge steamy load on guests, even now half the time I don't use any guests because I find they take up to much of my resources for the amount of times they miss, and when they do land a hit its no where near comparable to my power level. I would understand this change if it was directed towards players like Brady Simmons because if you watch his YouTube videos he does some pretty crazy stuff with his beastmage build making his pets and guests hit in the thousands, but he rocks a very pay to win primum inventory which I don't think the majority of players have. Anyways I don't like this change not a fan.

Couldn't agree more. Please staff, listen to those who still wants CHA to be viable, there are many more out there who feel the same, if not worse, regarding the CHA nerfs. It's necessary I get it but it doesn't need to be heavy handed. It has been repeated multiple times that fun isn't sacrificed in the name of balance. Players don't find the nerfs to CHA fun
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 216
    2/6/2024 0:35:11   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

Tentative Final Changes

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AND ALL PRECEDING STAFF POSTS IN FULL BEFORE CONTINUING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION.

After reviewing workable feedback for the last iteration and evaluating what there is time to change in the short hours before hitting design freeze, the following is the tentative final version of the stat revamp's general concepts.

This time frame and any compromises we've made are not the result of rushing. They are the product of the time we have left to work on the project and the viable alternatives that remain after lengthy preparations, internal discussions, and gathering feedback at every iteration of the revamp. Ideally, we would want every stat to play in a completely unique way, multiple ways even. However, after two days of such extreme overlap, we have exhausted our resources in terms of both available time and viable proposals. It cannot be stressed enough that we cannot afford to continue delaying everything that depends on this project, and are doing the very best we can to conclude years of preparation within a manageable time scale and healthy work hours.

Barring any extreme circumstances and/or abrupt findings of fully viable alternatives before or around noon EST on Tuesday the 6th, this is the final iteration of the actual features and we will soon move on to only discussing the balance of their implementation.

Feature discussion will move on to GBI threads that will be posted shortly, then unlocked after that time. Those threads will be active until the final deadline of Wednesday the 7th at 11:59 EST. That will be all the time we will have for balance feedback before implementation proceeds at full speed

Without further ado, here's a reminder of the general situation from the second update and the gist of the new changes, followed by the new summary:

Most Style Bonuses were miscalculated and provided around 10% melee in benefit. Rather than double their power, which would be out of the question due to extreme power creep, or filling out the entire gap, which would delay the design phase beyond what we have time for, we're making a compromise by setting the value of a Style Bonus to 15% melee. This will still make most stats even stronger than the prior bonuses suggested.

We've read your feedback about DEX and INT's Style Bonuses, and are replacing the former's MRM component with a +4.25 BtH bonus while buffing Wallbreaker as detailed below.

Summary #3

quote:

STRENGTH

Base Behavior Changes:
  • Enable "Warrior Lean": FD armours deal 100% outdoing damage and take 80% incoming damage.

Style Bonus:
  • +10% to all weapon damage.
  • Counterattack: inflict damage when attacked, hit or miss, for each hit. Worth [2.5% Melee of an expected player attack] per hit, follows weapon type+element but doesn't get weapon effects

DEXTERITY

Base Behavior Changes:
  • Ranged attacks once again have a baseline of 100% melee.
  • Adaptation: After each successful Ranged hit, the lean shifts by -0.75 BtH. After each miss, the lean shifts away from damage and towards accuracy by +4.25 BtH. The effect on damage would be a multiplier of 85/(85±LeanMod) damage. The maximum values are +/-20 BtH. If not performing any Ranged attacks, the lean change is frozen. When using an autohit attack, the lean does not shift nor affect the attack.

Style bonus:
  • Weapon special attacks gain bonus output increasing logarithmically with their proc rate. With a power budget of 10%, this means 100 proc weapons will get a boost of 15% before being affected by DEX's adaptive behavior.
  • +4.25 BtH

INTELLECT

Base Behavior Changes: None.

Style Bonus:
  • Wallbreaker: Value adjusted to a 15% melee style bonus. Formula buffed to +[(INT/ExpectedINT)*(100-MonsterEleMod)/130]%

ENDURANCE

Base Behavior Changes:
  • ENEMY ONLY: Reduced health scaling.

Style Bonus:
  • [Implemented] Increased status resistance
  • [Implemented] Increased heal resistance
  • Once per battle, break out of and remove any stun effect. We're evaluating if the engine will allow this to trigger before item effects like Werepyre's Unstoppable.

CHARISMA

Base Behavior Changes:
  • Pet and guest accuracy is now based on [Mainstat+CHA] instead of DEX+CHA.

• Guest stats adjusted to account for paying a third of the actual cost of their output:
  • Base guest output reduced to 45% Melee from 60%
  • Base guest Cost increased to 30% Melee from 21%

Style Bonus:
  • Guests gain Ferocious Strikes: A flat 22.2% chance to have double output (Damage, status effects, etc).
  • Increase guest output by +5% Melee (50% Melee total)

LUCK

Base Behavior Changes:
  • Removed: Bonuses to blocking. No longer a part of the accuracy formula. Accuracy percentages remain the same; it simply doesn't take LUK to reach maximum accuracy.

Relevant Accuracy Changes: Implementing a global accuracy floor. No attacks can be brought below a 5% chance to hit, regardless of other modifiers. This is a minimum result, and is unrelated to auto-hit and auto-block mechanics.

• Added: Lucky Break. This is a player-only feature that gives a (LUK/50)% (Max 5% before Style Bonus) chance to cleanse one affliction and grant a buff worth 50% Melee.

Lucky Break buffs are chosen as follows:
      - Non-stunning DPT effects (Burn, Bleed, etc) become Regeneration.
      - EleVuln becomes EleShield.
      - Damage or accuracy reductions (Choke, Panic, Blind) become Elemental Empowerment.
      - DefLoss becomes DefBoost.
      - Effects with a chance to stun you (Fear, Daze) would be cleansed with a 50% chance at Celerity.
      - Secondary stat reductions become a boost to the stat being reduced.
      - Main stat reductions become a boost to your main stat, using your held weapon's corresponding stat as a tie breaker.

Style Bonus:
  • 15% additional Lucky Break chance.

• < Message edited by Lorekeeper -- 2/6/2024 12:19:32 >
    Post #: 217
    2/6/2024 0:36:18   
    Aura Knight

A change this big needs no rushing. Despite the flaws with stats we still have our fun. If these changes will hurt the enjoyment of some people they need to be reconsidered. What I will say is some are fair. I'll leave strength, endurance and luck alone but intellect, charisma and dexterity could use more options.

quote:

+10% to all weapon damage.

Melee only will make more sense. It's the strength stat.

Charisma is a 10% loss to power for guests which sucks for people who use them for damage. Can't 250 charisma keep the 60% while the use cost stays high? Below 250 it can be the proposed 45. This will let the beast build keep its power.

quote:

Wallbreaker: Value adjusted to a 15% melee style bonus. Formula buffed to +[(INT/ExpectedINT)*(100-MonsterEleMod)/130]%

Not likely to be relevant unless every monster is given lower harm/void resists.

quote:

Lucky Break buffs are chosen as follows:
    - Non-stunning DPT effects (Burn, Bleed, etc) become Regeneration.
    - EleVuln becomes EleShield.
    - Damage or accuracy reductions (Choke, Panic, Blind) become Elemental Empowerment.
    - DefLoss becomes DefBoost.
    - Effects with a chance to stun you (Fear, Daze) would be cleansed with a 50% chance at Celerity.
    - Secondary stat reductions become a boost to the stat being reduced.
    - Main stat reductions become a boost to your main stat, using your held weapon's corresponding stat as a tie breaker.

A lot here though there's not too many times where monster effects will cause us problems where we'll need this. Could limit it to dot effects and stuns and have luck help with something else too.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 2/6/2024 0:49:56 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 218
    2/6/2024 0:39:03   
      Ward_Point
    Armchair Archivist

Okay, taking a step away from the math.

@Primate Murder: Lean Ramping for DEX benefits FO a great deal. It's not direct, but FO Rangers now have a clearly defined niche where they can and should take advantage of any BtH boosting or DefLoss inflicting equipment (Equipment, Misc, ANYTHING) to give them a ramp up. It creates a niche for FO Rangers where if they can overcap Accuracy normally, ramp up (Capped at -20 lean) and gain a 85/65 multiplier in an FO armour. That translates into a multiplicative value of 1.36 before the FO Multiplier is applied. One of the reasons I really like this Ramp style is that it creates a demand of BtH boosting items where FO Rangers are concerned. Players who want general BIS gear can just follow a Guide, but Min/Max players who knows what they're doing will be stacking their Miscs with stuff like Hollow Dragon Amulet.

Also, if a FO Rangers chooses to use a 20% Proc spear, they aren't penalised as much due to the Special damage boost.
    FD Rangers outright gain +15%
    The rate of ramp will need adjustment, this much is clear. In a 1 hit armour, taking 20 turns to ramp up is utterly pointless (Assuming perfect accuracy).

Let's talk about CHA. As it currently stands, Guests already have free EleComp. This is the only reason why Guests are allowed to have 20:60 input/output ratio. It's possible to scale that free EleComp back into something reasonable. (1.6 instead of 2 maybe).

But you've hit the nail on the head: EleComp
    I would posit that Players have gotten used to, or are ignoring the supposed downsides of EleComp. Players are able to use EleComp skills/Spells at no cost to themselves due to itemisation that allows a Stun on Demand or Celerity on Demand. Players then take this standard and feel that this should apply to Guests. This shouldn't be the case. EleComp and Skill damage take the Player's turn into account. Guests exist outside of this system and shouldn't receive 'Free Elecomp'
    AQ  Post #: 219
    2/6/2024 0:52:01   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

As a personal note: I apologize if I'm not around right on time to unlock the GBI threads. I'm having to stay up very late to deal with some pet health issues, so I may just crash too hard to be up on time. I've left a heads up in case anyone happens to be around before I am.
    Post #: 220
    2/6/2024 0:58:07   
    Aura Knight

Whatever goes on irl takes priority. No one will fault delays. We may have game disagreements but that's of little importance to other things.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 221
    2/6/2024 1:27:42   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

Please heavily consider changing that god awful Wallbreaker mechanic, even with those newly buffed numbers, it's still not going to see use
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 222
    2/6/2024 1:34:58   
    Branl

quote:

Please heavily consider changing that god awful Wallbreaker mechanic, even with those newly buffed numbers, it's still not going to see use

They could, if people would suggest alternatives that are workable and does not provide a signifigant direct improvement to Int's top end performance.

Instead the bulk of discussion around it has been that it sucks and change it to something else, then suggestions that are dead on arrival because people are trying to use it's style bonus to increase it's top end performance...
    AQ DF  Post #: 223
    2/6/2024 1:44:37   
    Aura Knight

If intellect is fine as is they can leave it alone.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 224
    2/6/2024 1:51:24   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

There's only so much you can do with so many restrictions. This was what I suggested but perhaps it got missed out with so many replues coming in

quote:

Damage from spells can't fall below X value regardless of debuffs, resists or caps. X value scales with INT. Idk what would be a good number for this. Suggestions and calculations welcome. Could be overall damage for a higher number or per hit for a lower number. I think 500 total or 100 per hit is a reasonable number

This raises the floor for INT spell damage rather than the ceiling. I think the concept is somewhat similar to Wallbreaker in trying to raise the floor so I personally see it as viable. No one has commented yet on this so would love to hear feedback for it. This is way more useful than Wallbreaker and doesn't affect anything if you're hitting above this amount to begin with (which Im sure most Mages do anyway)
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 225
    Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Stat Overhaul Discussion & Feedback!
    Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition