Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Summer Season of Gifting Returns

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Summer Season of Gifting Returns
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2024 14:07:46   
CarrionSpike

COMING THIS WEEK!

The 2024 Summer Season of Gifting
Tibbles the Merry Elf will soon be making a joyous return to AdventureQuest's Summer Season of Gifting! This year's gifting contest promises double the excitement with two sets of prizes up for grabs. First, we have the coveted community prizes: the Fungibushi set. As players shower each other with gifts, specific gifting milestones will unlock fantastic rewards for the entire AdventureQuest community, fostering a sense of togetherness and shared accomplishment.

But that's not all! Tibbles also celebrates the top gifters as elite "Giftmasters." These exceptional individuals, recognized for their incredible generosity, will be rewarded with the exclusive Warwolf Prime set. This unique set showcases their remarkable giving spirit and elevates their status as true champions of gifting!

And don't miss your chance to win one of the 25 Moontide Bracer Miscs being given away every day during the contest for players gifting that day. Every Z-Token you generously give becomes a gift for another player, so players can receive daily surprises of up to 5K Z-Tokens just for enjoying AQ!

Keep an eye out for Tibbles, who appears randomly during your adventures, or you can visit him directly through Today's Event page. This contest will end 11:59PM EST August 29th, so don't let these exclusive prizes slip away before Tibbles makes his journey back home!

12K Z-Token Package - Prismstrike Arsenal
Prepare to embrace a kaleidoscope of combat power with the Prismstrike Arsenal. This vibrant collection features three formidable standalone weapons: a melee rainbow-hued ripper, a versatile ranged spear that can toggle between throwing and melee modes, and a powerful magical staff that channels arcane energies. Complemented by a radiant and powerful prismatic shield to complete this arsenal. Harness the full spectrum of offensive and defensive might with this colorful array of gear!

Other Notes:
  • Raffle Contest: Mythical Warrior Armor - Ends Sunday, June 30th
  • Summer Z-Token Bonus: Earn up to 35% MORE tokens* - Ends Monday, September 9th
  • 2024 Summer Season of Gifting: Remember to leave your suggestions for the Fungibushi and Warwolf Prime sets - Threads Close Thursday, June 27th

*Disclaimer: Z-Token Bonus depends on initial package amount.

Newsletter Link: https://mailchi.mp/artix.com/2024-summer-gifting-contest

Happy donating and spreading joy all. Tag you're it. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 6/23/2024 14:19:06 >
  • Post #: 1
    6/24/2024 5:56:09   
    battlesiege15

The Warwolf set looks so amazing
    AQ AQW  Post #: 2
    6/27/2024 14:58:36   
      The Hollow
    AQ Lead

The 2024 Summer Season of Gifting has officially kicked off! While in-game contest tracking isn't quite ready, we expect it to be up and running in July. There has also been a surprise encore release of the Pride Limited-Time Shop. Don't miss out on the opportunity to add the formidable 4-Metre Sk'elton John Attack Spell to your magical repertoire.

We are in the testing phase for the Prismstrike Arsenal and it should be available soon!
    AQ  Post #: 3
    6/27/2024 15:28:18   
    Sir Cloud

@Hollow, Visit Kibbles appears to be missing from the Event Page currently. So that must be the one on delay for tracking.

edit: oops, forgot that Kibbles is not a part of this event, lol!

< Message edited by Sir Cloud -- 6/27/2024 16:08:41 >
    AQ  Post #: 4
    6/27/2024 15:57:09   
      The Hollow
    AQ Lead

^Kibbles is still back home in Frostval! To visit Tibbles, select him on the main screen of the event page and the button to access Tibbles is located directly above the Fungibushi Set text.

For players seeking a colorful boost to their arsenal, the 12K Prismstrike Arsenal Z-Token package is now available! This dazzling Z-Token package showcases 8 fabulous items:
  • Twilight Spire of Transformation
  • Radiant Spire of Transformation
  • Aces High
  • Blade of the Unifier
  • Shining Prismatic Stormward
  • Umbral Prismatic Stormward
  • Electric Prismatic Stormward
  • and one Pridefully Prismatic title!

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 6/27/2024 16:10:11 >
  • AQ  Post #: 5
    6/28/2024 0:19:23   
    Bolter

I hope the Prismstrike shop can be implemented as soon as possible so that I can buy more copies for my other characters. I take it that the Willbreaker weapon ain't out yet?
    AQ  Post #: 6
    6/28/2024 0:42:17   
    1stClassGenesis

I'm getting paranoia over my capped character's eligibility in the event, as a gold capped adventurer can't save a battle, so the only options are to donate tokens to be eligible, or "throw away" gold to be eligible.

With that in mind, I have a quick fix proposal:

- Make Gold Storage Chests available to everyone (i.e. not locked behind guardianship), have tiers at 135 and 150, both costing 2 billion gold. Have them be sold at Yulgar's, Valencia's, Ballyhoo's, wherever.
    - If a name change is in order to avoid complications in vault value, Gold Storage Chest 2.0 suffices, I would think.

This bodes well for Winter's donation since there is hardly a point to keep Chests at 1.2b when the cap is now 2b.
    Post #: 7
    6/28/2024 5:59:32   
    ming shuen

@1stClassGenesis

I received 5000 tokens on several Gold Capped Characters. So, no worries there
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
    6/28/2024 14:26:42   
    Branl

Question:
    This might already be one of the things being discussed internally, but I thought I'd bring this up anyway.
    With the knowledge that it's possible for suggestions to require some sprucing up before they're viable suggestions, I'd like to inquire about the timeframe of these revisions being provided? There's a worrying potential outcome of a set's revision inciting people who voted for it feeling like they got rugpulled if these revisions are put forth too late. Depending on when these revisions are provided, this can be subverted as a potential outcome. Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention.
    AQ DF  Post #: 9
    6/28/2024 15:26:22   
    Dardiel

I have similar thoughts - I worry that descriptions might not match reality, which could bias people toward particular ideas. The largest example would be Gwen's submission for the Warwolf set misc, which I could see easily getting changed from "heal [13.5/0.1]% of LS damage" to "heal [13.5/LSRate]% of LS damage" and I think there would be a sizeable number of people that would go "hang on, no I voted for this set because I wanted a misc that heals 135% of damage with permanent guaranteed Lucky Strikes"

As such I do think expectations could be really helped by giving each poll option a dev note of "the numbers on this are unbalanced / rely on outdated assumptions that can be abused / do not work the way they're written, the final product would have to look more like ______".

< Message edited by Dardiel -- 6/29/2024 13:04:40 >
    Post #: 10
    6/29/2024 0:41:51   
    1stClassGenesis

@ ming shuen

What do you think I mean when I said "gold capped adventurer"?
    Post #: 11
    6/29/2024 1:48:36   
    Grace Xisthrith

I'd like to agree with Branl and Dardiel that I think some dev input on what may have to change with suggestions. I should also say initially that I'm biased because I worked on a set for each suggestion page, but I don't think that bias impacts this opinion much. That being said, I think that players, before voting, may benefit from some information on what may or may not fly with suggestion sets in the top three. I'd say there are two classes of things that would be important to know:

1: This suggestion is balanced incorrectly by the player, and is significantly off in terms of output. (I'd say no need to pull out the calculator for every mechanic, but if something is very clearly off by a margin of 50% or more, like a pet giving way too much hypercrit, or paying more damage than normally possible for a status (75% instead of 50%), then it could be addressed)
    2: The suggestion may or may not be balanced correctly, but would not be allowed in due to balance / gameplay concerns. An example of this was Multimaul's flavor effect. Not balanced incorrectly, but too strong, and nerfed.

I recognize this might add a noticeable amount of workload for staff, but since this poll is going to determine not only what people are donating loads of tokens for for the token set, but also the permanently available and accessible Fungibushi set, doing extra legwork now to make sure players have a clear picture of what they're voting for may be worth it. That's my opinion, of course I'm not totally sure about the pros and cons of spending more time on this pre voting phase.
    AQ  Post #: 12
    6/29/2024 6:47:04   
    LUPUL LUNATIC

quote:

I'd like to agree with Branl and Dardiel that I think some dev input on what may have to change with suggestions. I should also say initially that I'm biased because I worked on a set for each suggestion page, but I don't think that bias impacts this opinion much. That being said, I think that players, before voting, may benefit from some information on what may or may not fly with suggestion sets in the top three.

Id have to agree with this,wish staff would take their time before creating the pools with the revisions for the top 3 suggested sets so that we would have a better clearer view for what we are voting for.
    And yes i agree, Gwen's misc is indeed too strong to be left in its initial state,i definitely expect revisions for this item in particular.
    AQ  Post #: 13
    6/29/2024 8:38:03   
    Sapphire

Yep. The specifics , if changed drastically in the name of balance, most certainly would affect opinions. I was told my suggestion wouldn't look the same if chosen, so to be fair I think it makes sense to know what these ideas would look like at release. A severely nerfed suggestion that was chosen is a major feels bad. It might be a lot of work to do this, though, but ultimately I think it makes sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And...well well well. END support items.... Nice direction!
    Post #: 14
    7/2/2024 8:41:50   
    battlesiege15

Is there a player named "error. tokens voided" or is that a real error when gift? :o
    AQ AQW  Post #: 15
    7/2/2024 18:14:59   
    kreem

I hear a player has that name and a lot of people are getting it. It would definitely have been patched or something would have happened with the tibbles event if many people reported a real error like that.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
    7/3/2024 12:00:48   
    battlesiege15

I figured since the capitalization was not proper. Still made me do a lil double take.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 17
    7/3/2024 17:09:14   
    Jakau Ryuu

Huh, didn't register Warwolf's design being a Zoids homage before now. Neat.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
    7/3/2024 19:52:11   
    Dardiel

I'm a huge fan of the zoids vibe, especially the big circular screws that the designs are so famous for.
    Post #: 19
    7/4/2024 14:42:09   
      The Hollow
    AQ Lead

Due to the abundance of exceptional ideas presented this year, selecting finalists has proven more challenging than anticipated. We're impressed by the quality and creativity of the submissions, which has required us to extend the decision-making process. We require a bit more time to evaluate and determine your top three contenders. We'd like to clarify that we don't expect players to accurately list every minor detail of how a mechanical concept would be implemented, and players shouldn't expect that to be an entry barrier to presenting ideas -- For themselves or others.

When the time comes to cast your votes, your choice should focus on the overall theme and general mechanics proposed, rather than being wholly conditional on a suggestion making it through exactly as suggested. Values are always subject to potential changes during development. We greatly appreciate the creativity and effort demonstrated by all participants, and we're excited to see how your concepts will shape this year's summer contest sets!
    AQ  Post #: 20
    7/4/2024 17:00:01   
    Dardiel

If the top suggestions are being picked by vote, and the voting system is at least mostly fair (eg ranked choice, runoff voting, etc) then the number of "top suggestions" shouldn't matter - the most popular suggestion is going to win regardless of whether there's 3 options or 300. So presumably that means this current phase is for ruling out sets that can't or shouldn't be in the running, in which case (as per the previous point) it should only be a matter of taking those off the list and presenting what's left. I don't see why it should specifically be a top 3 outside of making sure devs don't spend too much time explaining the details, but if the takeaway is "don't get attached to the details" then presumably there's no real input coming out; it's just going to be "here's the options, pick one".

There's very little information being given so we're pretty in the dark about what's going on but I personally don't see the point in cutting suggestions out for the sake of cutting suggestions out if it results in delays, especially while there's a ticking clock in the form of the donation contest that's going to be directly affected by the outcomes of the polls that are being delayed.
    Post #: 21
    7/6/2024 1:28:50   
    Bolter

I presume Head 2 is the Elite Face?
    AQ  Post #: 22
    7/12/2024 18:14:18   
      The Hollow
    AQ Lead

The "elite" face is the black wolf helm on the right side of the image. Regarding the poll, I'm currently compiling dev notes from the team for the six entries and planning to release it sometime in the next week. While these notes will not be completely comprehensive, they should help give players a realistic expectation of their set options. Covering limitations or balance issues upfront, rather than having to break potentially disappointing news after the fact if certain aspects prove unworkable during development. As always, we appreciate your support and understanding!
    AQ  Post #: 23
    7/12/2024 18:23:38   
    Dardiel

Much appreciated, looking forward to it!
    Post #: 24
    7/13/2024 13:50:28   
    Bolter

Oh so I guessed it right that Head 2 is indeed the elite face.
    AQ  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Summer Season of Gifting Returns
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition