Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Nautican Equipment Guide (Rewards article updated every war/event!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> RE: Nautican Equipment Guide (Rewards article updated every war/event!)
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/21/2007 18:53:09   
macer

the war rewards are pretty good over all, too soon to tell about the Blade, but the armor is quite good.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
10/21/2007 18:57:00   
Sir Gnome

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe we shouldnt be discussing war rewards until 24 hours after they're released
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
10/21/2007 19:25:33   
Fishtank

The rewards are listed on the website itself Sir Gnome, we GGDers always disscuss quest/war rewards as soon as we get our hands on them, and Aks and Mods have never stopped us. So I assume it's ok.

This important thread, says nothing about war rewards. So I assume they are in fact ok.

And macer, the rewards are real bad.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
10/21/2007 20:19:25   
macer

I've never heard of an issue of War rewards Sir Gnome, if there is one then I have not heard of it, since the spoiler rules (I believe anyways) only applies to details of quests, not the end rewards of War (unless they give away the ending, which these don't)

Fishtank: the Armor is good for its level, the weapons remain to be seen if they are good.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
10/22/2007 0:22:08   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The rewards are not spoilers. Anything related to end war plot is.

The higher armors apparently aren't working quite right yet. It will be very interesting to see what the armors are like once they are fixed.

The weapons focus on reliability with higher base and lower random damage. I'm not sure about the special, but it seems to have lower than normal potential, but like the normal damage is reliable. I need to find out more about the actual numbers behind the special.

The token weapon has just as much damage as the uber Elemental Seeker with no slight damage-boosting special, no seeking, and no hp drain curse on it. If warriors don't want to shell out for ShadowSpear, this is a decent alternative (for a while) if you can grab 2000 tokens for it
Post #: 30
10/22/2007 2:43:45   
macer

the special seems to be (by all accounts in the Encyclopedia) 2 hits of 300% base and random damage, which makes it a pretty powerful special, its a good weapon to have if you don't have a fire weapon already, but Reign (or some of the rare weapons like EoC) beat it out over all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
10/22/2007 3:24:15   
Sir Gnome

Ok thanks for clearing that up guys - I was being a bit overzealous ^^
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
10/22/2007 12:42:35   
thenightsshadow

I think the point is that it's not rare, unlike how the Thrale's Hatred will be.
So, it might earn a notable mention.

For now, ReignBringer, Fangmaw Axe, and Thrale's Hatred will stay up there.

~fsb2nsxform
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
10/26/2007 2:58:21   
Genoclysm

Lots of old stuff, lots of new stuff. (The items here don't seem to be following typical policy...)

The Pumpkin Patch spells are my new favorite healing spells. Heal Scratches and Wounds for a 10% mp discount? Awesome, though I'm surprised they haven't been nerfed yet. Keep an eye out for news, just in case.

Licorice whips look really awesome (I believe Hollow made them). They also deal pretty awesome damage. They are 100% special weapons, but we just got Golden Plate back recently, so why should 100% discourage us? ;) The only flaw I see is the highest is energy, and that is the hammer's territory (Mjollnir and lessers).

Sugar Rush Armor... I hear the attack is good for it's level, but even if you are higher in level, don't fool yourself. You know you want to wear gothic armor made of candy and tie a towel around your neck for your costume. Who doesn't? Plus, two words: Sugar Rush. A really nice novelty armor if it is too weak for your tastes.

Drag O'Lantern: I KNOW Hollow did this one. It is a beaut. It is Fire and Earth, so the duel element takes it down a notch. If you want fire damage, Murhbles probably have it beat. I love dragons, and this design is awesome (not to mention it is full sized), so I'm keeping it despite having better option(s). The Z versions are just there to allow lower level players to keep from missing out if they can get the tokens.

As far as the old stuff goes, they aren't that impressive. The new toys are the real attraction (once you finally stop staring at the town and playing with a certain pumpkin).

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 10/26/2007 3:00:00 >
Post #: 34
10/26/2007 16:11:09   
macer

Pumpkin patch is amazing, and might be balanced a bit (hope not, but you never know)

the Sugar Rush Armor is shiny for its level, my secondary has the level 40 version (level 60 is Guardian only) and its working out well for him.

the Drag O'lanterns are duel Element, so I don't like them quite as much as I would have, but its a dragon and a good one if you can use both earth and fire damage against an enemy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
10/26/2007 22:53:20   
thenightsshadow

Not to mention the Poelala boost.

~fsb2nsxform
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
11/3/2007 5:52:42   
macer

well, new stuff coming out.

Moglo-Habilis: not that good, there are a few Strategies out there that Might make it more useful (and one of my own that might be pretty good, not sure about it yet) but if you are just looking for a Light Pet, there are better ones out there

Bloodsail Axe: nothing very special here, only the 82 one is worth it (since the Great Blade of Rennd is better then the 64 one In my opinion) but the Bad Axe gives you only a TINY bit less special damage and main damage, but it costs a heck of a lot less, the Captain's Hook has the same damage stats and it costs less (bit less special damage though) the Tsunami Edge, of course, is FAR better then it, but then again its 'Uber' strength. get it if you wish, I just don't think its worth it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
11/5/2007 16:01:25   
Genoclysm

I usually don't bother with Jagged Peaks items, personally, for those reasons. I believe the KoO will be trying to keep powerful items out of there, but that's only a guess.

Moglo Habilis seem to have a larger nerf on stats than the Nerf Kitten does, but strengthens the enemy's resistances to make up for it. So... you have a choice. Mix and match the nerfs to try and keep the resists reasonable while lowering stats and defenses, go with the traditional nerf everything, or take a nuke to their stats while they develop more of an immunity to your spells and weapons. Hm, more attacks means more of an effect stats cause... *glares at Nagas*
The war rewards have already been covered with the exception of the axes.
First of all, you should note that they are magic. They seem to have low bth, respectable damage, and they have a chance to make you look awesome. The sweet looking temporary armor seems to be bugged at the moment (I hope that's only a bug).

The token variant is only one random damage down from the highest gold version and is Fire instead of Darkness. Its armor is also supposed to either be the same or compete with the level 90 version.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 11/5/2007 17:43:09 >
Post #: 38
11/15/2007 11:46:14   
Genoclysm

I apologize, I've been procrastinating this. Shapeshift introduced so many armors at once that I've dreaded going through and describing which ones are good why. Well, I've finally gotten around to it. The biggest deal about this IMO are all the element and damage type conversions it gives you. These are 100% chances of conversion with enough SP.

Frogzard is a basically free starting armor. I'm not about to complain there.
Firezard converts damage to Ranged fire so long as you have SP to fuel it.
Sea Squirt again converts to a ranged attack, Water this time.
Rock Golem converts to ranged Wind, is resistant to Earth (the opposite element!) and has acceptable ranged defense. Actually at level 25... not bad.
Two-Bear converts to ranged ice. Great ice resistance for the level.
Raydius Dragon always converts to magic if you don't have SP to support it. The melee attack heals you a little. The defense is decent all around.
Trobble converts to ranged energy. I doubt all eight hits get full stat bonuses, but I expect they still add up to be well worth using the thing... at level 55 at least. (I have got to find out the numbers for this one...)
Sun-Eater's attack is weak to what the defense is strong against... This is an obvious downside. On a different note, I believe the SP attack converts to magic Light. (Might have to test again to confirm my memory is good here.)
Calladus! Converts to magic Darkness on the SP attack. Too bad his sword isn't usable in this form. It doesn't like ranged or Light attacks from the enemy. *Runs off to see what Calladus Form + Calladus' Dragons looks like.*
Pzycho Fiend's defense is pretty good as long as you keep away from Ice. I didn't notice this during my tests, but it seems to convert to melee for that Fire SP attack.
Gogg will slaughter and get slaughtered. It is a true glass cannon. 50-262 damage with Golden Axe and 200 STR for 250 SP (Unless I made a mistake in my math somewhere). The non SP attack isn't too bad either. I suggest being very careful when you use this fragile thing, but it is definitely powerful.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 11/15/2007 11:50:04 >
Post #: 39
11/25/2007 21:40:03   
macer

Meep Meep, been very busy these last few days.

the Spines are pretty good, but VERY expensive.

the Horn of Pwny is very expensive, and very nice as well (IF you are not saving up for a Uber set)

the Drumsticks are nice as well, pick 'em up if you are a ranger and need a water (or one of the others) weapon

Edit: Forgot the turkey pet, its pretty good for Non-beastmasters since its TD is pretty low, single element too.

< Message edited by macer -- 11/26/2007 0:26:21 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
11/27/2007 12:23:14   
Genoclysm

Whoops, I let this one slip by me. Had to study for a chemistry test while trying to not neglect my new Fire Emblem game. >.> I only tested the pet, and it seems pretty good. Worth getting if Keeshish isn't good for you.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 11/27/2007 12:24:32 >
Post #: 41
11/30/2007 0:31:42   
Genoclysm

Diamond of the body is good for turtling and for Beastmasters. It increases both END and CHA. Consider this, END always gets an even bonus, and CHA gets an even bonus with multiples of 15. It's bonuses are dead on.

Ring of Magic: I've heard this not only increases mage stats, but can provide you with some more mp according to your weapon damage each turn.

Gauntlet of Might: Not only does this increase your STR, but it gives a separate damage boost, getting your damage even higher than what it would normally provide.

Basically I think all are very useful, and the only reason not to get one would be if you are entirely satisfied with the one stat only increasing Signs. If you want a booster other than the Signs, choose whichever one is best for your build or whatever bonus you believe you would find more useful. I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah, that Sun Sickle or whatever it's called in the arena? Top melee fire weapon. (Still not uber.) It is available to adventurers too, so if you are around the right level (it's either 90 or just above it) and you are a warrior, start figuring out a strategy.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 12/3/2007 11:37:58 >
Post #: 42
12/7/2007 0:23:59   
Agent Val

Wow i think i found my new fire uber spell in giftbox(level 90) it been htting constant 200+ against monsters with 120%fire resistance, to bad its going away, all the items ,seem for me, worthy of the above average title.

quote:

-Wind
Use Dragon Wings (L4 Dracomancer ability) Rated by Computafreak as best wind spell Another option although it is less powerful, Invisible blast

im not sure waht to say...has he not been online frequently?or not updating it?well not trying to seem insulting and angry, Brillhaldo(level 80 or was it 85?) is by far the strongest wind spell, maybe losing to the dragon wings, but no need to switch armors to a mediocore(spl?) armor in the defense department when you can tank it, maybe i can rewrite the guide?if i get permission, or maybe i can help take some of his/her(assuming he...) load off by assisting the editing.

< Message edited by Agent Val -- 12/7/2007 0:32:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
12/7/2007 12:37:39   
Genoclysm

Speaking of the giftboxes, they might be a bit expensive this year, but you have a month to save up for them, and there is one very important fact about them.

My friend set up the prices to be half of what the price should be for the final product. This means when they open, the level 90 equipment should be comparable to King Tide Ripper, Transformer armor, the uber spells, and other such things.
They won't be uber (spell might be, hard to be sure), but they will definitely not be pushovers.
Post #: 44
12/7/2007 15:14:02   
Agent Val

hmm.nice i sent a pm to macer.

the fire gift box spell already seems to be worthy of uber. two hits of 40 to 80 with 400% stat bonuses, with 40ish bth.seems pretty good
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
12/7/2007 18:38:03   
Hyrdocannon47

Everyone, get the giftboxes, Nao.

They are the best deals of the year, save that one black friday thing 3 or 2 years ago.

I don't care if you blow all your gold, like I'm doing, just get it. You even have storage if you need it unlike preavious years.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
12/7/2007 19:48:12   
Agent Val

good job hydro, you made me poor again!lol jking,

spoiler:

edit:and people say i have bad grammer....

ok, whatever you say.have a nice frostvale

< Message edited by Agent Val -- 12/7/2007 20:19:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
12/7/2007 20:06:19   
Hyrdocannon47

I made one mistake. The others were my choice to make.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
12/10/2007 11:25:22   
Genoclysm

At 200 DEX and INT, MegaInferno seems to preform a little better than the Giftbox's highest level in nearly everything, but it is available to Adventurers, is relatively cheap, and even if you don't have those stats, 35 bth per hit with 400% stat bonuses makes for some very accurate hits very quickly. Depending on how its stats change upon New Years, this doesn't seem to be an item to pass up.
Post #: 49
12/10/2007 13:40:50   
Capn Nautilus
Banned Multi

so what are your ideas on the orbs or belaqwaya's gift, the orbs give 120% more on base weapon damage the gauntlet only 107, but with stat bonuses of 15 strength and dex, any ideas?
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> RE: Nautican Equipment Guide (Rewards article updated every war/event!)
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition