Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Nautican Welcoming Committee: Thread III

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> The Nautican Welcoming Committee: Thread III
Page 1 of 1412345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/31/2007 8:04:14   
Lkeas

Welcome fellow Nauticans, new and returning!
This thread is for you! Here the veteran members show our hospitality which has become one of the hallmarks of our clan!

If you're a New Nautican...

Let us know! You can post here and we'll get you set up with a Welcome PM. Sometimes the committee members get a little busy though, so if you don't get a PM check out birdy's Nautican FAQ sticky, it has a lot of great info. Let us know a little about you and we can help you find a good place where you'll fit in. There are lots of opportunities in our clan for many different Nauticans - artists, writers, strategizers, peacekeepers, organizers, mentors and students, philosophers, party-goers...

Don't forget to sign up on the Official Nautican Roster, which is stickied at the top of our forum! This welcome thread is more for us to get to know you better, while the roster is where you can register your character as a clan member.

If you're a returning Nautican...

Welcome back! Be sure to help recognize the newest members of our clan and treat them with all the respect, kindness, fun, and trout-slapping that you would any veteran!

To all Nauticans, new and returning:

Be sure to check the other stickies for important news and information! The Nautican FAQ goes over rules and history of our clan. The Amphitheatre is a great place to find current issues and events, and let your voice be heard.

Nautica CHAT: Did you know we have our own chatroom on IRC? There are many ways you can join in and talk with your fellow Nauticans in REAL TIME (whee!). Check out the IRC help page here or go to http://www.aqstats.com/chat.php ! We're in the #nautica channel, and the other clans have their own channels as well. A great way to meet your fellow fish friends.

We hope to see you around the boards and on IRC!

~~~~~~~

How can I join the Nautican Welcoming Committee?
It is quite simple, actually. Whenever you see a new Nautican joining our clan, you make a special effort to make them feel welcome here. Too often in the forums the "newbs" get flamed and treated rather poorly for being new and inexperienced. The NWC tries to help them feel right at home, points them in the right direction if they have questions, and generally is the friendly face of Nautica.

I've been asked to give a little more clarification to the duties of NWC members. This is not a council or any sort of highly organized group. While we do keep an eye out for New Nauticans and try to help them get accustomed to our clan, we do NOT put them down or flame them if they make a mistake, we do NOT minimod if they post a "Let's make a council!" thread or anything like that.

It is more about recognizing that we have new people, and being welcoming to them. There are often new members who join, post a few posts and then we never hear from them again because nobody bothers to listen to them! We want to encourage new members to stay active on the Nautica forum. The NWC, therefore, is looking for people who frequent the boards pretty regularly and recognize most of the people here. That way they'll know who is new, and can make an effort to answer New Nauticans' posts so they don't feel ignored.

Feel free to pick up an NWC sig for yourself if you'd like to be one of the many Nauticans who have pledged to help all new members feel welcome in our forum.

Oh, by the way, that Nautican moglin, or "Nauglin" as I've come to call her, is Marina, and our official representative of the Welcoming Committee. I figured moglins are always cheerful and welcoming to everybody, so Marina was a first choice for being the friendly face of the NWC!

< Message edited by Lkeas -- 1/5/2010 19:08:45 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
3/31/2007 8:21:27   
bm_dude1793

i might be a member of the Nautican welcoming committee because i'm active and will be surfing around the forums and i'm nice to people just check the dwellers of the deep thread and is the staff the Nauglin holding usealble? and nice new thread

to all those old and new
we welcome you
back to our clan not AQ(no disrespect for AQ though)
learning new things while posting all day
even posting while we're in mid slay
we'll all help each other
encouraging one another
though too bad we don't have a spa
this is Nautica like my welcoming joke?

< Message edited by bm_dude1793 -- 3/31/2007 8:29:03 >
AQ  Post #: 2
3/31/2007 8:30:57   
Lkeas

Haha yeah bm_dude, I was actually thinking you'd be a perfect member of the NWC because you're always greeting the new people in the Dwellers of the Deep thread. What I was kinda hoping for was that the DotD thread would be just for signups and then we can greet them and be all friendly in this one. Keep the roster clean, you know?

As for Marina's staff, yes that's a bonafide real weapon you can buy in AQ called the Water Gem Staff. It's kind of a low-level magic weapon though, not an uber or anything, but I always liked the design and thought it was perfect for a little water moglin to have.

< Message edited by Lkeas -- 3/31/2007 8:33:13 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
3/31/2007 8:36:43   
bm_dude1793

oh wonderin where i saw that weapon anyways still waiting for J_Bn to come online
AQ  Post #: 4
3/31/2007 8:39:02   
Lkeas

Great to have you aboard, *FireWalker*

Yeah, you know when I first joined the forums the original three clans were just getting started, and I felt the same way about Nautica being a "home" since everybody in it was friendly and liked to think about things like I do. It's one of the reasons I stuck around the forums for so long, I met some really cool people here. Some of them have gone on to other things, but new friends keep coming in with the tide!
AQ DF  Post #: 5
3/31/2007 8:47:35   
bm_dude1793

i have many friends and many buddys that i have made friends with and got to know in my first year on the forums though i'm a veteran Nautican in game and i would not leave because this is my home and i belong and *FireWalker* stick around the ride is just beginning . the old Nautica was like the tide like you said Lkeas the old will leave and the new will come
AQ  Post #: 6
3/31/2007 10:30:14   
Ricobabie

Hi Ricobabie here ^_^ the Paxian nomad ^_^ *pokes sig*

I really like thsi thread, really well done ^_^

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
3/31/2007 10:34:42   
birdy

Quite a honor to see you here, my'lady :P

FireWalker... I can't but agree with you ^_^ And I welcome you and sure hope you'll be happy here :D
AQ  Post #: 8
3/31/2007 10:40:00   
Ricobabie

quote:

ORIGINAL: birdy

Quite a honor to see you here, my'lady :P

FireWalker... I can't but agree with you ^_^ And I welcome you and sure hope you'll be happy here :D

omg >.< dont' call me M'lady I sound old :P

maybe you guys can have like a primary important links section here just for teh new comers to see ^_^ like a link to the FAQ cause soem ppl have stickiphobia O.o
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
3/31/2007 11:21:30   
damani
banned

I'm new to Nautica
Yet not new to Paxia (^_^)

I'm always in Nocturu(Being NCC head)
So if someone could just show me around Nautica boards It woudl sure help out a lot

Being in Nocturu I can't promise I'll be here all the time of course, but I can give ideas and such :D

One edge to defend,
one edge to defeat.
In britannia was I forged,
for the one was was meant to rule.
AQ DF  Post #: 10
3/31/2007 11:26:57   
birdy

Well hello ^_^ *pretends knowing nothing of this* Didn't expect you to join Nautica (big fat lie) :P Nice to have you here and I'd say welcome.

I don't know how to give a tour here soehh... how would you like to have it ?
AQ  Post #: 11
3/31/2007 11:30:47   
damani
banned

Why hello Birdy who knew nothing of this :P

sure, I'd like to have your sorry excuse for a guide wonderful specatular guide :D
AQ DF  Post #: 12
3/31/2007 11:38:52   
Hyrdocannon47

Though not this the third thread of the Nautican Weloming Committe.
Damani here?!?! Wow, another great forumer!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
3/31/2007 11:40:36   
damani
banned

When did Hyrdocannon47 get here???

JK, thank you :)
AQ DF  Post #: 14
3/31/2007 11:41:45   
birdy

Here's my sorry excuse for a guide guide... I just updated it so... http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=8298722
AQ  Post #: 15
3/31/2007 16:17:43   
Pitcher55

i just joined Nautica....my player kind of sucks

and i hope this is better than my last clan

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
3/31/2007 16:30:05   
Lkeas

Welcome Pitcher! Erm, why do you say your player sucks? He's the same level as mine! Ok so maybe we're not level 100 or anything, but every member of the clan is an important contributor. Besides, around here it's not brute strength that counts, it's participation and united efforts, every little bit helps! Have a look around and check the stickies for more info.
AQ DF  Post #: 17
3/31/2007 16:46:25   
Pitcher55

thanks i guess i never thought of it that way...oooo that sucks my signature still says i am aerodu

< Message edited by Pitcher55 -- 3/31/2007 16:47:52 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/31/2007 16:47:39   
A person

Alright, I'm porbably not remembered well because I've stopped posting for a long time, but I'm on the forums yet again
AQ  Post #: 19
3/31/2007 20:11:07   
bm_dude1793

here's a little welcoming poem(thing)
to all those old and new
we welcome you
back to our clan not AQ(no disrespect for AQ though)
learning new things while posting all day
even posting while we're in mid slay
we'll all help each other
encouraging one another
though too bad we don't have a spa
this is Nautica
AQ  Post #: 20
3/31/2007 22:11:25   
birdy

Pretty good :P

And Hello to Pitcher and A Person ^_^
AQ  Post #: 21
3/31/2007 22:54:41   
bm_dude1793

yes hello i wonder if theyv'e gotten welcoming PMs yet?
AQ  Post #: 22
3/31/2007 22:56:07   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

Good poem bm_dude1793 .

Warm welcome, Pitcher55 and A Person . Like Lkeas said don't worry about your char's lvl. Infact, many will testify that during crunch time, chars such as yours will be more valuable in terms of speed of battles.
Post #: 23
3/31/2007 23:42:26   
bm_dude1793

can someone come online so i can greet? pretty plz with sugar on top?

< Message edited by bm_dude1793 -- 4/1/2007 4:10:48 >
AQ  Post #: 24
4/5/2007 16:15:47   
Hyrdocannon47

I think we all need to remember to remind new people to Nautica, to kindly NOT to spam, and use words we can all read.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> The Nautican Welcoming Committee: Thread III
Page 1 of 1412345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition