Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2008 1:38:14   
Sonicbeam

Examples:
Image 1
Image 2

C&C:
First one:
This piece is nice, but the clash of light on one side of the image and the render on the other side of the image confuses me. From what I can tell the render attracts my eyes but then the light from the other side distracts me combined with the text and itself. Also the purple on the renders side strikes me as odd but also makes the image look complete.

Second one:
This piece is not that hectic and that is what I like about it. There isn't much bad about this tag. What I don't like about this tag is on the top left corner is how the light just cuts off sharply, if it didn't cut off so sharply it would be great. Also if the light dragged over to the render. The text blends with the tag and that is a sign of a great tag.

Agreement:
I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:30:39 >
DF MQ  Post #: 51
2/4/2008 1:39:17   
Jecht Dracopyre
Original Hybrid

eh some art

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/Angelus17/jechtsotkchar.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/Angelus17/crtag2.jpg

C&C

Wonderful tag, well placed and diverse text solid color scheme render blends well, one problem i do see is that the left side seems to be the primary light source so the right side could be a bit darker for contrast

In this one nice color choice the box blur over the render works in some places and not in others for that reason it lacks a bit of depth light source placed well but should be stronger all and all good tag

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:30:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/4/2008 2:10:17   
Trip

Two Taggas!

C&C

Not to be harsh (:P)
It Needs Some Flow Try adding Some C4ds but the render doesn't really have flow.
The render is Bad Quality Try Something HD or more clearer.
Im not getting the Random Black dots In the Background.
Try reading some tuts and mixing the Techniques.

lighting is very nice, and text is wonderful with that .. Line :P
could try to add some effects in front of the render so it makes it look like its all around her not just the background.
this one doesnt need flow it has the style that fits with the Emotion (or what i think the emotion is)

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

~Trip

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:31:08 >
Post #: 53
2/4/2008 2:31:32   
littlejuror

Examples:
Hand Drawn
Hand Drawn - Sketches for a game I'm helping with

CC

Image 1

My eyes are drawn straightaway to the Eagle, which stands out well against the background. The image appears very clean. The text is visible but text that stands out more could have been used. The background seems to support the image well though maybe could be worked on a little. A very well done tag, though it could possibly be made even better.

Image 2

The woman is the first thing you look at, which is great as she is obviously the focal point of the tag. My eyes seem to drift over the tag as the image blends excellently into the background, but not so much that the image is unclear. The colours used are great and fit well. The last thing I noticed was the word 'inspire' right in the corner, the colour of the word also fits well. 'inspire' seems like the right word for the piece as it seems like she is looking for inspiration or seeking to give it to the viewer. Overall, very well done

quote:

Approved. You need to place yourself on the Pending list. See #3.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:39:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 54
2/4/2008 2:43:04   
Gers1

Artwork Piece 1
Artwork Piece 2

CC on Image 1

The first thing that caught my eye was the beams of light in the background of the sig. It really suits it and bring a nice feel to it. What I don't get was why the top-right corner of the sig was a different colour of the left side, but it kept the light effect, so overall, very well done.

CC on Image 2

When I looked at this sig, I thought, "Wow, this guy is good! Nice effects in the back, going from black to white with red in it, but the font looked a little out of place." That's the only thing that you could maybe change, but the rest of the sig is amazing!

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:31:50 >
DF  Post #: 55
2/4/2008 2:57:26   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Universal Forum Rules:
The Gallery Rules:

1. Artworks
"Incarnation of Murk"
"Lovers" Night version

2. Constructive Criticism
Image 1
Signature is nice, face of this female really represent title of sig, she is mysterious (and maybe a bit of sly too xP) Border fit this sig really good, it's quiet, not too big. However I think this text could be a bit smaller, maybe with a bit of outer glow.
Image 2
Wonderful concept^^ The major part is in different tones of one color, so it blend really well. Left side of background is brighter than right side, so sig is hue balanced. This girl is........hmm........a bit too blury, but overall, this is a great art piece

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:32:08 >
DF  Post #: 56
2/4/2008 3:01:07   
~Chaos~

[Image one]
[Image two]

---

Image one : Hmmm. I like the background, but I don't think it matches. The text jumpes right on my eye and in my opinion you should've better removed the line under the text. Normally I don't like images that are lightened, but you did a great job here, not lightening it much. Great job!

Image two : The upper part of the guitar really jumps in the eye. The background is nicely done and is pretty dark, while the girl is more bright and very nice done. I think that these fit really good together. Nicely done.

---

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:32:21 >
DF  Post #: 57
2/4/2008 3:14:04   
biG frend

Artpad!
Tregan

Image 1:
- I dislike the renders position maybe further right?
-/+ The Colours are quite dull but go together
+ The Lighting is Nice

Image 2:
-I dislike the text placement
+ Render is Well Positioned
+ The Lighting is done well.

(I'm not a 'tags' man so I don't know that much about them sorry)

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:32:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
2/4/2008 3:47:27   
E.T

Sig 1:

I'll start with the good aspects. The text and text placement are good considering how the rest of the tag is layed out. The colours are very catching but are rather plain and in some areas monotone. Nothing to special about it. The main things that could improve it would be, firstly- render placement, slightly more towards the middle would have givan it a much more balanced feel. secondly- range of colours and effects, at the moment it looks unfinished but with a few more effects and a few more colours i could see it being a lot better.

Sig 2:

This sig is better in some aspects then the other sig. I'll start again with the better aspects. The render/stock placement is much better then the previous giving a lot more flow and depth. I feel the main things that could be improved are, firstly- Text, the placement isn't great and drws away from the focal, i'd recommend either no text or moving the text higher and to the right, so part over-laps with the focal. Secondly- colours are very weak in this, extremely boring and simple, a more vibrant colour scheme would have work a lotg better in this.

Ive applied to the Approved Artist group by the way :)

One question though.
I see the " Approved Artists " get that under there name but i already have "Illustrative" as my title so i just want to make sure that if only one title is picked it is " Illustrative " or if the option of having both is available then i'm fine with that. Thanks Grafh :)

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:33:02 >
Post #: 59
2/4/2008 4:03:58   
Valandar

Art Examples:

Oskar (number 1)

Frogzard (number 2)

Constructive Criticism for Image 1:

("Mystery")... For the most part, I like the layout - nicely divided into thirds, with the character looking back towards the center of the image. Unfortunately, I think the brilliant pink background is a bit too busy for the text to be completely clear, especially since the contrast levels between the purple text and the darker parts of the BG aren't as distinct as they could be. I would suggest toning the levels down somewhat so it's not quite as flashy, and maybe changing the color of the text to a more bluish shade.

Constructive Criticism for Image 2:

("Morning Dancer")... Very distinct and clear, easily read and gets its message across. Perhaps a better photograph of the girl could be chosen, though - her eyes are closed and half her face is covered by her hair. I'm also somewhat confused by what that is behind her. Is it a generic background, or perhaps the skirt etcetera from her dancing outfit? The text is subtle, which appears intended. If it wasn't, then maybe brightening the text a little more. However, that's not really needed, as neither the background nor the text are too saturated, and it's easier to see bright text on a dark background than vice versa.

Agreement:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:33:19 >
MQ  Post #: 60
2/4/2008 4:09:02   
Karmageddon41

First .....I am not a guy that work with Photoshop and effects so I am sorry...I dont know much....

[Image 1] Edit
[Image 2] Something I made in Paint...

Image 1 (Eagle)

The render symbols freedom for me...And the background is prison....The background maybe darker to show the render more...The second font can be changed....

Image 2 (Sentinento)

The render is a good choice.....Lightning is really good too....The background makes it more mysteirous and gives a ghostly theme...The font and the colour of the writing is going good with the render...

Here we go...

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:41:50 >
MQ  Post #: 61
2/4/2008 4:30:13   
The_Phantoka

My Artwork(Siggys)

Image 1(Best One)
Image 2(Second Best One)

The render it self has no problems but the C4D there kinda clash with the scheme and the chinese word there is visible but not very clear. The flow of the siggy is also very good.

The render it self is good and the green background behind her makes her stand out in the sig, the only problem is that the background lacks light and illumination towards the left leaving the text quite hard to read.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:34:38 >
Post #: 62
2/4/2008 5:11:30   
Burning Raven

Examples:

Vapiresses

Hydragon

CC:

Image 1:

Nice choice of render and background, they seem to tie in well together. the only improvement I could see made on that image was the lights on the right side of the image slightly continue in front of the render to make it so they look as though the lights are in front of them, I don't know if that possible to do in photoshop but it would look good.

Image 2:

I have never seen a tag quite like this one and it brilliant. the way it fade from black into the image is a nice effect and as the image is shown from above it seems to be as though looking threw a hole in the roof which add a kind charictor to the image. It dosent look like a edited picture but like a well taken photo which I suspect is one of the main aims for the tag maker, well done!

~Raven

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:34:50 >
AQ  Post #: 63
2/4/2008 5:15:41   
Bling bla

My Artworks:

Artwork 1

Artwork 2

Constructive Criticism
First image:

Showed the theme friendship very well. Efficiently used the effects and has a nice blending to the background. Clean-looking, there are no unneeded pixels scattered around. The thing I liked the most in that image is how the focal was emphasized. The blur effect around the edges made the focal stand out despite of the contrast the whole image has.

Second Image:

Some of the render's edge are kinda blurred which made that spots eye-catching. The text and the effect blended well with each other but then made a different flow on the opposite side. Also, the pink effects gave me a feeling like it was going to come to me. Although I kinda didn't like other part. Well, overall, clean artwork and try to improve the skill blending with the whole artwork, not only with the focal, but also the background itself.

Agreement

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

PS: Thankees for your time!

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:42:58 >
Post #: 64
2/4/2008 6:15:49   
Tormenter

The Art Works

Art work #1

art work #2

Constructive Criticism

1st tag ~ First of all the thing i notice is the focal (person with green hat) the focal placement is good , but it look like the render was just pasted on with a few green soft light brushes on the arm. If you look closely under the chin of the focal its very over-sharpened ( you might not see it at first but its there.) Also those green lights on the hand are a bit too bright.Nice flow though.

2nd tag ~
Excellent flow in my opinion.However wat is that green very bright strip towards the top right corner? It looks like effect c4d ,i would burn it a tiny bit to dim it down .Towards the bottom of the focal its a bit oversharpened , I'd blur that a bit.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:35:18 >
AQ  Post #: 65
2/4/2008 6:45:52   
Suuichi
Flash Runner-Up 10

Examples
Edward Elric
Ichigo

Constructive Criticism

First of all, I love the fact that it is Pae. Near the center, at the top, however, it is too bright to me. My eyes keep going to that location instead of the entire thing. Also, the eye tends to wander around the picture since there is no main image in the center. Everything is off to the side. As for the lighting, aside from that one point is in the center, it is phenomenal.

For this one, there are a few things that are recognizable from the start. One of these is the fact that it is from an above view. The fact that we are looking down on this dancer gives it its own unique feel to it. As for the placement of Morning Dancer|Grafh, I think it would be better in the right hand corner versus the left hand corner. Also, the effects behind the woman are also a bit misleading. It looks like a shower to me and her hair isn't wet. I don't know of that was on purpose, but it annoys me.

-

~S

< Message edited by Suuichi -- 2/4/2008 13:20:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
2/4/2008 6:49:11   
firedruid

Work

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/Fogybeast/Artixthenoblebluepaladin.png
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/Fogybeast/Gotfire.jpg

CC

1Snugles
The render is awsome!I like the feel of the lines in the back.They remind me of a ga..Lets get back to topic
Now i dont know alot about sigs so i dont know whats good but in my opinion it is very good!
If it wasn't that smile on the girls face i would say that she is sad and is holding her staffed toy but with her look and the feel that the penguin is alive
it gives the meaning that they are friends

Again the render is very good but what is that girl holding?a Sword? it looks very strange with the effects on
If you close up and u look at the faded eye along with the whole sig it gives it a nice effect like the girl is being whatched by someguy
The flowing things in the back also give a nice effect.Nice use of colours

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:35:54 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
2/4/2008 7:06:40   
ewaan123

Work...
Sig 1... Sig 2...

Cnc...

1st Tag...

I feel its a bit mono... since the BG is abit dark & her color is black..., Focal is abit blurred...
Lighting is also a bit blurred... Flow is okay but i could suggest another c4d in there...

2nd tag

I dont know whether the flow is going backwards or sidewards because of the c4d in the guitar...
depth is good... Effects are great because of the c4ds...

--
quote:

Approved. Keep working on your CC. Its a bit lacking.
You need to place yourself on the Pending list. See #3.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 7:44:32 >
Post #: 68
2/4/2008 8:28:20   
TyberAlyx

-

1st Tag
Colors, text, effects and such is pretty basic although neat. Its not that nice nor fancy but it could be better. More Effexts and Indepth qualities should do the trick.

2nd Tag
text and effects doesn't work out that much. its too blurry and its not that fancy or simple. In other words, its not that great, but a little more, or a little less of what you added could make it more nicer.

I, Tyberalyx, hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 18:59:27 >
Post #: 69
2/4/2008 8:32:32   
killerdom2

Art Example's:
Example One

Example Two

Constructive Crititism For Image One:
I'll Try:

The bits where the light destroys the border takes away from the effect, and makes It look a little ugly.
other than that its fabulous!

Constructive Crititism For Image Two:

well. I'm not a rater and I am gonna have a hell of a hard time finding
something to critise in a pro's tag.
but here I go:

after looking at it for a while I noticed that there was a chunk out of the women's neck and shoulder,
which the background shows through.
other than that it's flawless.

_________
I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

Approved. You still need to place yourself on the Pending list. See #3

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 19:01:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
2/4/2008 8:37:37   
UChihaSteven

Work 1
Work 2

Cnc:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/Kyoko.png
uh nice
I like how the colors start at the stock. Gives a good focal point, but they colors are a bit bland imo. Could've used some more contrast.
Text could also need some work.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/Disorder.jpg
nice idea on the guitar, but the rest is lacking. There is no flow, no lighting and the stock doesn't blend at all...doesn't really fit together. Work on that.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 19:01:36 >
AQ DF  Post #: 71
2/4/2008 8:47:09   
darksideofthefarm

Example 1
Example 2

CC:
Example 1: Great plot and concept. Sprites need to be a little cleaner mainly towards the legs and around the weapons.
the text is easily readable and font looks nice with the whole theme of it.

Example #2: great gift for someone. The end of the maze is very creative. Its also creative of how you added many gifts into one . The music choice and the remix are good,but the sound quailty could be better. The sprite animation in it is a little choppy. In all its a good piece of flash.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 19:02:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
2/4/2008 9:01:00   
ACE91

What I intend to post here is my website, SECTOR91.com. It's a site on which I distribute Java games that I make, including the MechQuest-like Project Gamma.

Now, for the CC.

Pic 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/eagle88.jpg

Very creative sig idea. I like the text style, and the name "Death from Above." (Although that's probably only because it's a BattleTech reference. :P ) The background doesn't seem right for the picture, though. Pink is not a good color for this, and the background should imply motion more than it does, perhaps with sweeping diagonal lines. A little motion blur on the eagle pic would be a nice touch, too.

Pic 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/Inspire.png

Must... stop... looking... at... girl... and... judge... picture...
Okay, I think I can talk now. :P This is a really interesting sig. I love the watercolor effect, and how the girl's shirt blends into the watercolor in the background. It certainly matches the "Inspire" title. However, I can't help thinking that it's... incomplete somehow. It's as though it needs more watercolors mixed into the background or something. And the smoke in the upper-left corner kind of looks out of place; I'm not sure if that's supposed to be watercolors or something else.

---

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 19:03:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
2/4/2008 9:18:11   
the zpy

1. Works
Work 1
Work 2

2. Constructive Criticism
Grafh 1.
This picture has got a very nice focal point, the eye is really drawn towards the render...... The light is also good and that could be a reason of the good focal point......
The render is very smooth and thats a major thing...... The background is a bit to dark for my taste and the left side is a bit empty.
The text needs work... I would advice to blend it a little more with the rest of the images......
Now for the not so good things:
The image has a lack of flow and depth..... Try throwing in a C4D or something just to show people what way the image is supposed to go........

Grafh 2.
Also this picture has a decent focal point but sometimes the eye can be dragged towards the effect at bottom left corner..... The light is pretty good but i myself need a little morelight source......
The render is smooth in the edges but am I the only one who see she has a weird neck? The background is very nice and it adds to the "warm feeling" you get and it also gives an extra "boost" to flow..... The effects you have chosen fits the tag nicely especially the hearts.... There are also great depth in the picture which is always a good thing.... hmmm the text is actually pretty good.... I would change the text's color a little bit but thats about the only bad thing......

3. The Promise
I, The Zpy, hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Hope i did alright ^_^

Edit: removed the quote.....

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 19:03:53 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 74
2/4/2008 9:38:53   
Wolkanne

Example 1
Example 2

Constructive Criticism.
Image 1 - I like the overall design. The background contrasts but absorves the render and contributes to the cartoonish look. The text matches with the sigs objective and the render's look, it's color matches with the background so the text is my favourite part. There is just one thing i would change: the upper right corner doesnt match alot.

Image 2 - This one has a better sprite-background bond, the coloures match and the text is subtil so it doesnt call too much attention. Again the text is my favourite part because it has a classic feel to it. The only thing i dont like is the fact that the render has white and i cant spot any whit on the background

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2008 19:04:23 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition