Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2008 2:01:52   
chaseman74

example 1: clicky

pic one critaziasem(doing the pics not sig):pretty good,but the brown marks are prrety bad,maybe if they were skewed into a better pessicion

example 2: clicky

critamziem 2(doing ic not sig):good pic and well drawn but maybe if it had a front considering it has two backs it might look better

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. Please provide more CC then that. If you need help see other posts.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 7:50:55 >
AQ DF  Post #: 126
2/5/2008 2:36:00   
Grie Velorn

1. Warrior Guy
Necro Wii

[Image 1]:
I think the colors match up well with this image but the sparks coming from the left distracts from the image its self disrupting the flow of the image. The text is somewhat hard to see it would be better to move the text into the bottom right hand corner. Other then these few flaws is a great image.

[Image 2]:
This one did not come out well at all the tag was blurred everywhere i'm thinking the efect was to make a smoke or steam effect but it did not come off well and the text all tho not very hard to see the color is darker then it should be mabey lighting it up would make it more noticeable. The background does not seem to match up very well with the render it does give it a nice feel but it should be a tad lighter.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grie Velorn -- 2/5/2008 13:33:54 >
AQ DF  Post #: 127
2/5/2008 4:52:54   
Cat_Dog

Example: (Game)
Kujo Society (not finished)

Criticism:

Image 1:
Overall, very good. The sig has good flow, but If I were you, I wouldn't put the lighting on the left side, it would look better on the right side where the render is in my opinion. Also, don't save your images as JPEG, save your images as .PNG. .PNG is higher quality.

Image2:
I don't know what to say. The sig looks simple, but very nice. I like the "smoky" type brushes you used. The text is pretty small though, perhaps make it a little bigger next time. I don't know what else to say..I hope thats good enough.

Approved. You still need to place yourself on the Pending list. See #4

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/7/2008 7:46:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 128
2/5/2008 4:56:01   
Dynasti

Alright..I wondered why I was unable to post in the Gallery. Kind of just wanted to say hello to people and see how things have progressed, but if this is what it takes to get there..here it goes.. Hope I am approved!
~Dynasti

Examples of Artwork (old, as they may be):

Example 1

Example 2

Constructive Criticism:

Image 1
In this sig, both lighting and color are done rather well. It is, however, lacking in depth as well as blending with regard to the anime render used. In addition, the lighting that was used throughout the tag doesn't seem to be completely maintained with the render. The typography is done well, and all-in-all, it is a good tag, though it would be more attractive if it were a bit thinner height-wise, in my opinion.

Image 2
Once again, color is used rather well in this tag, and although the depth has improved, I feel that the lighting here needs a bit of work. The distortion on the left side of the tag is attractive, though as the eye gets closer to the render, it seems to get a little sketchy, appearing a little pixelated. It does, however, provide a good method of blending, giving the impression that the woman's clothes are becoming smoke-like and dissipating into the rest of the tag. Typography in this tag is once again done splendidly and the simple, black border is a nice final touch. I again feel, however, that the tag would be a bit more attractive had it been made slightly thinner with regard to it's height.

And..finally, Part Tres..

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 7:55:00 >
AQ  Post #: 129
2/5/2008 6:51:04   
crazysk8er

Examples

Example 1

Example 2

Criticism

Image 1

The colors fit very nicely together, and they give the image a warmish feel. Your render is well-placed, the brown and blue of the wings blending with the purple of the background, while the beak and neck area stand out more. This is a very good focal point, drawing attention quickly and subtly. However, I was distracted somewhat by the text of the image; it kept drawing my eyes away from the eagle, and to it instead. Maybe lowering the opacity of the text would help, or even remove it all together. I don't believe that's a good choice though, because it would leave the tag to empty. Your lighting was good, located in just the right spot to give the image a more "realistic" feel. I was unsure about the flow however, because judging by the direction the eagle is flying, it would seem that the flow would be top left to bottom right. The way you did it seems to fit nicely to, but a tad awkwardly. Overall, this is a good tag, with a nice, "complete" sense about it. Good job :]

Image 2

This one I didn't enjoy as much as the first, mainly because I found it too blurry. That didn't take away from the image too much though, I really like how the effects work to make it seem like she's dancing on...clouds almost. It has pretty good depth to it, but not so much because of the blurriness. The lighting is nice, and the text fits well. The colors are enjoyable, they create a nice earthy feel to me. The concept is great in my opinion, and the slight flow that it has fit perfectly. Overall, it's great piece even with the blurriness.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 7:55:47 >
AQ DF  Post #: 130
2/5/2008 9:33:27   
shinyskull

Handrawn art 1

Handrawn art 2

Image 1:

I found that the text and the image went well with each other. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. It is verywell put together. The few things that I did not like was the color scheme. You could of gotten rid of the lines of light. Instead of the red you should of used a blue-ish color.
The text was placed good and the right size. It represented the snuggles of the girl and the penguin. It also helped that the penguin was cute too...

Image 2:

A magnificent work of art. It looked like the woman was taking a breath for the first time in her life. The text placement was good but the size was too small. The color scheme was wonderful.
It had a great flow to it. Its like she just bursted up through the water. The tiny speks of what looks like thin pieces of glass or ice really add to the overall feeling of it. It could use a little more work.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:39:32 >
DF MQ  Post #: 131
2/5/2008 10:11:22   
SufferMe

Art:

C&C:
Sig 1:

Ok, to start with the whole sig looks slightly blurry, which isnt working. It would be a good idea to sharpen the woman in the sig.
The Background, is like an explosion of green heading into black, which isnt a bad thing, but the woman contrasts a little too much for my liking; at very least it should be blended into the background. The text doesnt look that great, its just chucked in there, nothing added just basic text, which i would try and advise against. If you cant make text look good, try not using it.

Sig 2:
First thing i noticed about this signature, is the c4d to the left of the person. It looks great to the right hand side, but theres too much of it on the left in my opinion. The background is extremely bland and not really anything special, it could use with slight smudging or an effect of some sort. Lighting aswell, is way off. Ignoring the girl, the left hand side is really bright, the right hand side, isnt. With the girl in, the whole of the girl is bright, so it doesnt have a decent light source, theres light coming from god knows where. The text/symbol works well though, and i see no problem with that.

Pledge:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:39:58 >
Post #: 132
2/5/2008 11:09:53   
lellyna
Creative!

Art work

1. Example
a random edit

2. Example
made 100% of me in paint

Constructive Criticism

1st one
Alt image 1
http://i30.tinypic.com/fy2x4h.jpg
thats a cool dragon. I really like the way you have added the shadows on it to make it look more realistic and the dentist is funny but i think you should maybe try to ad a light effect on the eye.

2nd one
Alt image 2
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7645/scene2wj4.png
That’s really cool. And it has a lot details. But maybe if you made shadows it would look even better and if you changed the skills you could make it better. And is it just me or has you added some extra brown background. Other than that it’s cool.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:41:02 >
DF AQW  Post #: 133
2/5/2008 11:11:51   
13thokazaki

1)

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z280/smudgesmudgeokazaki/giftmem.png

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/351/b/c/G_Grust_by_phalis.png

2)

[image 1]

I'll first talk about the plus points of this tag. It is always good, or even safe, to use a warm tone for a tag, or any piece of artwork, and in this case, this is executed well, and that alone gives an inviting feel to the tag, especially given the skin colour of the asian girl. I think the overt use of 2 main colours, one greenish-yellow, one grayish-black, is a great touch. It keeps the tag simple, yet it confers depth.

3)

On the other hand, there are several things this tag lacks, or could improve on. For one, the transition between the 2 background colors could be smoother. While simplicity is welcome, having two separate ends with starkly differing colors is seldom feasible. Also, I think the typography could be improved. Perhaps a more elegant font would suit this tag better, giving it a more feminine feel; inviting and sophisticated. At the same time, there seem to be some flaws with the tag, although I am unsure of the creator's intent. For example, the lighting seems off, as the left side of her face is more illuminated, while the apparent bright area appears to be on her right. Similarly, her legs seem rather ethereal and non-realistic, probably because they were 'burnt', or undercontrasted.

[image 2]

This tag is a step better than the previous. I especially like the placement and choice of stock. It shows action and life, and it is placed such that it is clearly the cynosure of the artwork. Various light spots in the background, and the occasional highlight of the stock gives an electrifying feeling, injecting vigor and energy into the piece.

On the other hand, in my opinion, the color choice could be better. I feel that such a color scheme is too dull and muted for a stock such as this. If I were to do it, the theme should be electrifying and energetic, and I would probably use more eye-catching and sharp colors, such as electric blue, hot pink etc. More light spots in the background could also inject more zest and vibe. While I feel that the cloudy pattern in the background is a good touch, perhaps it would look more complex and hence more sophisticated if it was less sharp, or (if I'm right) not set to lighten. This is because such settings compromise detail. Finally, as with the previous image, a problem here is undercontrast. This is clearly evident towards the right of the tag.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:41:31 >
AQ  Post #: 134
2/5/2008 11:42:26   
2k2ewyn

Examples: At my sig shop

Alt image 1: The shading is really good in this one, but it would be better if the doctor had more detail.

Alt image 2: I looks blockish, like it has no vectors. If some of those were curved, it would look a lot better. Not much detail, though.

quote:

quote:

Not approved. Please provide more CC. If you need more examples, see the other approved posts.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:42:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 135
2/5/2008 11:53:39   
Kables

pic 1-
1.i like the cowboy bebop picture its got good use of colors kind of hard to read the words since it blends in with the background.
2.you could add more affects to the picture to make stand out more.
3.also you could add some designs to the background so it grabs people when they see it.
4.put more focus on the girl because the background takes the attention away from the picture.
5.you could try some other color combinations other than pink and yellow.

pic 2-
1.the backgroung is cool i like how the guitar neck is glowing at the end.
2.but maybe add something to the top right corner to fill that blank space.
3.it has a good combination of colors but i still think it could use alittle something more so the corners dont look like blank space.
4.maybe you could add some more chineee words to the background.
5.maybe darken up the guitar so it shows up better.

i want my gallery to be in the hand drawn area here are 2 ex: of what will be in my gallery
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee3/theinstantclassic10/scan0072.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee3/theinstantclassic10/scan0005-2.jpg

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:43:53 >
DF MQ  Post #: 136
2/5/2008 15:42:12   
MegaPoster404

I will make a second attempt.

example 1
example 2

constructive criticism:

first image
Great! Sharp and clear, the text eye catching and readable. You might want to make the border bigger, and the outline of the girl more defined.

second image
Also good. in this image, make the word breath bigger. Its a little blurry too. You could make a border lik in the first image.

Approved. Keep working on your CC.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:47:37 >
DF MQ  Post #: 137
2/5/2008 16:39:10   
Sephiroth12

Art 1
Art 2
Well I'm at it again :P

There aren't really many effects... You could work on the text for this one too. But the phrase is nice :D The shadow effect(or so it looks like) behind the eagle looks good as well, but the whole picture is kind of bland... A suggestion for this picture would be to put more effects into it and put more action or a better render for it. But I do like the picture, just needs a few touch-ups :)

http://i30.tinypic.com/fy2x4h.jpg
I like the detail you put into the dragons head! The only thing that is a little out of place is the eye. The shading is great as well, and the anatomy of the dragon overall. I also like the remark the dentist made and how he had to stand on a ladder to reach the dragons head. I'd like to see more pictures like this from you!

Approved. You still need to place yourself on Pending. See #4

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 18:48:14 >
AQ  Post #: 138
2/5/2008 17:22:28   
dominic_r_monroe

Mine is all Put in a Flash Because i'm learning it and trying to get better. Sorry if this is not alowed and i start of a fashion that just gets annoying :-)

http://althorne-online.com/goca/details.php?image_id=559&mode=search

quote:

Not approved. Follow everything in the rules.

< Message edited by dominic_r_monroe -- 2/6/2008 2:24:00 >
AQ  Post #: 139
2/5/2008 18:59:06   
Bone_funny

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/Pae.jpg
i like the single color base.the dark thing(duplicate render?)looks weird with this really bright tag. the text is kinda big but it still works.the BG is a little bright though....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/eagle88.jpg
the first thing i notice about this tag is the text, which is a little too big. i like the BG(brushes?) and the diffrent colors.
the shadow thing by the eagles mouth is small but its kinda distracting on that part of the tag.
the blue of the wing blends well into the background, and the lighting by the mouth is decent

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 19:08:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 140
2/5/2008 19:04:55   
Apm

Hey Grafh, hope you remember me, since I'm a veteran here. I'm a musician, so my two files will have to be downloaded.

I already know the rules well enough, I've been around for three years.

1)
Aquatronic (Full Mix)

Untitled Track (Work In Progress)

2)

I'm not a graphics artist, and I find it hard to C&C images, but here's my best shot.

Branch

Really nice colours here, but I do think the sparks are interfering with the womans face. It just looks kinda odd to me. Text is pretty hard to pick out of the colours. I like how the background is kinda industrial, creates a good setting and compliments the sparks well.

Sweet Misery

Again, sweet colours. Here the sparks are perfect for the woman. Though I do think the spike that's poking her left breast is a little oddly set. Again the text is hard to pick out. Nice picture nonetheless.

3)
quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 19:08:31 >
Post #: 141
2/5/2008 20:17:03   
Mobuis

Nice job Graph. killing my precious GoCA T_T <3

1)

Artwork 1
Artwork 2

2)

Critique on Desire

The colors fit & flow well, all though I think that some of the white highlights are too bright. The text is well suited. I don't think the rendeer fits though, as I really don't feel desire towards her.

Critique on Disorder

I like the gal, and I like how the light seems to flow off the end of the guitar. Nice use of colors, very well done. Don't like the Japanese text, seems kinda like a single thorn on rose the way it is just kinda 'there'.

*crosses heart*

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves." ~Mobes

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 20:50:53 >
Post #: 142
2/5/2008 20:38:59   
ponycoltraine

Part 1

Part 2
1st Image: Very plain, it needs more effects, and a better BG than just a stock, also It would be nicer if there was some depth that can be easily created by using the Blur/Sharpen tool, there are also many other ways too achieve depth, such as lighting or colors even.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/SweetMisery2.jpg

2nd Image: I understand the concept, but what I rather would have done is maybe test out what the shoulder part would look like with different types of smudging settings, then I would have looked into if I really wanted too do that part with my knowledge of photoshop i would have in your case, also the BG is plain, use different effects on it, alot of BGs these days are made with simple smudging of colors or simply a stock with bluring effects for depth.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/Inspire.png

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/5/2008 20:51:07 >
AQ  Post #: 143
2/5/2008 23:07:22   
flsg

Universal Forum Rules: read
The Gallery Rules: read

1. flash: http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=as3curveul3.swf (click to change color)
hand drawn: http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tricktheeyeaj8.jpg

2. http://i26.tinypic.com/e5gpjp.jpg
Overall a good drawing, although the head is a little bit disproportionned comparing to the claws and the legs due to the perspective. No useless lines. The transparency of the wings could be done better if the strokes were lighter. The body is a little bit too small and gives an impression of imbalance. The scales are a bit repetitive. Oter than that it's a great work.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2133/ragnasqj4.png
good choice of colors and clothes. The face expression is well drawn. Very detailed, especially on the colors. The legs could be slightly longer to maintain the balance witht he heavy-looking gloves. Could have used a different approach to draw the armor.

thank you and sorry for the bad grammar

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 7:51:59 >
AQ  Post #: 144
2/5/2008 23:46:25   
The Extinguisher

Part 1
Example 1 - Vector art made with Adobe Illustrator
Example 2 - Hand drawn art made with pencils, pencil crayons and ball point pen.

Part 2
  • Image 1: http://i30.tinypic.com/fy2x4h.jpg
    The first thing that jumps out is the juxtaposition of the detailed and shaded creature to the crudely drawn dentist. This adds to the overal piece, and makes it better. I would suggest that the lines, especially around the dentist and his speech, should be thicker and more developed. It will still maintain it's simple look, while not looking like a hasty last minute addition. Erasing unessicary lines is also very helpful.

• Image 2: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3318/lethecl4.png
    What drew my attention the most was the outer pixels on the hair. It seems that some of the background stuck around, or alternatively, some of the hair got taken away. A cleaner cut around the ages is needed. Other than that, it's really well done. The colorization is near seamless, except in very unnoticeable areas. The design choices are pleasing and it's an overall well done work.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 7:52:38 >
  • Post #: 145
    2/6/2008 5:37:41   
    swenn

Let's rock-

Part 1
    Balance Reaver
    ]Nymphora

Part 2
    Picture one
    The Overal piece is good, the render is coming out well.The only thing that I would change is the font of the text,and its color.Cause atm It makes the tag look crowded and takes away a clean look you could acieve if you let it blend with the BG.

Picture 2
    A really good pic, the backgrouns colors suit the picture amazingly well and gives it a unique feeling!maybe you could make the render stand out some more by glow or such.

Part 3
    quote:

Part 4

Done.

Approved. Keep working on your CC though.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 7:53:19 >
    AQ MQ  Post #: 146
    2/6/2008 6:49:54   
    2k2ewyn

Ok, my second try:

Examples: At my sig shop

Alt image 1: Everthing in this but the 'doctor' person looks good. I like how you used shading here, but the doctor is the only thing I have a problem with. If he had more detail, then the picture would be a lot better.

Alt image 2: This doesn't really look good. It doesn't have much detail, and it just looks like it is just an oddly shaped rock with blobbish people on it.

quote:

Approved. Keep working on your CC though.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 19:22:06 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 147
    2/6/2008 11:22:07   
    Burned Fire

1st piece 2nd Piece

Ratings:

Image 1:
    +'s The effects seem to be nice though I would recommend adding more(Try effect C4d's which can be set on linear dodge color dodge screen)
    The text seems to catch my eye which in most cases isn't good but in this case, I like the text.
    -'s Lighting could use a bit of work.(Try using a creamish color and brush where the light hits-Set on soft light)
    The colors kinda dont match well, try adding some grad maps on soft light, and for added depth try a grad map on multiply lowered opacity
    Overall try to save the image as a .png it makes for better quality.

Image 2:
    +'s This tag wowed me, It has a great concept and the composition is amazing.
    The lighting in this tag is just spectacular. You made sure the darker side of the tag was on the opposite side of the light source.
    The text complimented the tag very well as it blended right in.
    I loved the background effects
    I love the depth, it feels like I could reach out and grab her.
    -'s Not much here just it feels like there is a slight veeery slight blur in the tag.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 19:12:06 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 148
    2/6/2008 12:09:45   
    Wen Su the Tank

Graph seems to be getting more use to the program he is using but still the focal is not that well blended; besides that he has a good flow in his tag and lighting is starting to develope. Now to the bad points the colour match up quite wrong and the colour needs to be contrasted more and the effects needs to be more effective try a few photo filters and Brightness/Contrasts filters to the tag

3. I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

i miss read the first post you posted about getting approved so soz about the PM

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 19:12:22 >
    AQ DF  Post #: 149
    2/6/2008 15:28:22   
    Runnin With Sizzorz

Two Peices of Work I would hope to post in my gallery.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/RunninWithSizzorz/Signatures/Sig5.gif

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/RunninWithSizzorz/Drawings/Weapons/Regalsword.png

Constructive Critisism #1

I like the different varieties of colours used in image one, aswell as the pattern that they are in, but i personally dont think that the render match's the background (colour wise), it seems a little to dark. The text, style of font, and the small flower image look beatuful with the background.

Constructive Critisism #2

I like the image overal, the flow is nice and the bluring works for the image. however there are things i dont like about this image such as the two thick white lines in the bottom right corner, and the purple tinted swirl comming from the base of the image near the text.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/6/2008 19:14:00 >
    DF  Post #: 150
    Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
    Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition