Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/24/2011 0:06:46   
Deboise

^ ya i suggested it in a few forum topics..hoping to get the word around and get some non founder players to sup the idea....

If we pay like non Founders do for a new armor, just to upgrade ours and keep our look..why not right?

Deboise
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
4/24/2011 0:11:25   
RKC

Bottom line is you still get the good stuff.

We just want founders armor to be there for us a token a symbol forever.

I'm not asking it to be upgraded now. I said in the near future.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 77
4/24/2011 0:13:39   
priest_hidan

@Deboise, well ya... may be they can add more enhancement slots... like 20 for like another 1.5k varium or so or a bit less... then again... i don't know if everyone likes the founder armor as much as you do... and will start calling the devs cheap and all and Flame War # 254th will start... but then again... i don't think the option of creating an upgrade form would be too much of a problems.
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
4/24/2011 0:15:41   
xxmirxx

RCK why are you act like Elite player when just beta player. founder was upgrade same with beta. It would be fair for you guys getting upgrade for everytime your not happy with founder armor. It was good thing that dev's stop give you guys unlimited varium. they would have been broke.
AQ Epic  Post #: 79
4/24/2011 0:17:32   
priest_hidan

@xxmirxx i think they are ok with paying for the upgrades.... so its kinda understandable... if they like the looks of it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
4/24/2011 0:18:22   
BlueKatz

the unlimited varium is one thing

but we don't want items to be OP as before, just need to be up to date
Seriously? Season rare + 1 damage per year and we get nothing? NO WAY
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
4/24/2011 0:29:47   
Deboise

hey Blue..question?

u seem sorta unreasonable..

If i as a founder paid the same amount another player did for their new bunny armor....but i paid it just to upgrade my armor to keep the look of Founder..Would u still disagree with that?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
4/24/2011 0:32:54   
BlueKatz

no, I support that :o
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 83
4/24/2011 0:41:28   
H4ll0w33n

founder armor shouldnt be buffed. its level 25 and has been the best armor for a long time. it already got buffed once and if its buffed again, then theirs really no need to buy another armor if you have founders. i can understand if elites can have it buffed, but not founders.
Post #: 84
4/24/2011 0:49:30   
Deboise

quote:

no, I support that :o

ah ok sorry bro must have misinterpreted ya.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
4/24/2011 0:54:06   
aqwshadowking14

Totally agreed, but the problem is how to upgrade the beta/alpha/founder items without forcing ppl to buy new enhancements. My solution is create a small system that says "Upgrade Items", this should upgrade the items, as well as stopping extra rarity score. This system should only apply to beta/alpha/founder for the time being because this allows beta and founder to still be the best. After a while, it could start allowing other items. At this point, I hope that ED devs find a way to make founder the best without non-founders complaining that it is too OP.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
4/24/2011 1:11:54   
Celestine
Constructive!

Time for some enlightenment, I hope. Founder Armor was promised to be the best armor at the time it was released. And it was, for the whole period of Beta. Not one armor compared to the look and stats of this armor. A very sleek armor that striked fear into its opponents. Considering how long Beta was, I'm positive it was worth all the money.
Once purchasing this package you received:

• Founder Armor
  • Founder Badge
  • Beta Weapons

To tell you the truth, I thought this was a bit unfair at first, but I said "Hey, they supported the game early on so they deserve this". I adjusted and bought two armors, Impulse & Necro. I could still be competitive and defeat Founders even without the armor. Why? Because Stats weren't as significant as strategy was in early Beta.

A year passed and Founders were still at the top. I didn't mind but I was waiting for an equally powerful armor. The Cyborg Armor came but it didn't fit right with my build. Then Caden's Cuilrass came and I bought one. Finally, there was an armor that rivaled Founder Armor. Many Founders were angry at these armor releases, and it really hit a nerve. Why would you be angry at something that was always inevitable? I knew it from early on this armor would be surpassed. It even took long for it to happen, but it did.

Surely, you cannot think that it would stay the best or even equal in par forever. That is not how this game is built. Once something is released, something greater will be released in the future. The mechanics in all of these is something I hate, but it is fictional to think every weapon will be usable in 1-2 years.

Everyone could now be equal in stat points, and it was not a big disadvantage to any Founder, if any disadvantage at all really. Enhancements came and ruined this balance. Beforehand, the developers were deciding whether or not they would buff Founder Armor and they indirectly did. This armor was given a whooping +10 Enhancement slots while the new level 28 armors were only given 4.
Now remember, this was at a time where stats mattered and strategy was soon dissolving into luck.

I was upset at this move from the developers. Not only did they dust off this 1+ year old armor, but gave it 6 more enhancement slots than any other armor in-game. I felt as if I was pushed back in time to early Beta, though this time any stat boosts were needed. Don't get me wrong, I knew the rarity of this armor, but at the time I'd bought about 4 armors and to think none of them compared to Founder Armor saddened me.

I'd adjusted once again, and then came the Space Warrior Armor. A shy 2 enhancement points away from Founder Armor. Of course I bought it and I was real happy with my purchase (though the look was a setback). I was surprised to see not many Founders complain and I guess we all just moved on with close equally powerful armors. But this thread opens up and you complain about a level 33 armor being stronger than a level 25 armor? That makes no sense to me.

Now some of you may be thinking, "Cool, but I don't care about your life story". I know most Founders will look at this post and ignore it, but I want them to know the disadvantage I and many others had been going through. This is mainly the reason why I oppose a buff on this armor. It is bad for business to not only keep Founder Armor, but any weapon from being the best for so long. Not too mention it is unfair for those that couldn't purchase it at the time. I payed for Varium a week after the promo and yet I can't have the same amount of stat boosts of a Founder with equal equipment as mine. Was my money not worth anything after the first month of Beta? Is any money now not worth anything? The answer is no.
So why should we, non-founders, sit back and allow an armor to become even more stronger or even equally powerful?

We have all laid the foundation of this game and not one player should feel left out!

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 87
4/24/2011 1:15:38   
T.600

^Couldn't agree less, I'm a non founder like you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
4/24/2011 1:48:58   
Angels Holocaust

A reasonable solution to this problem would be for the founder to get +9 resistance the same as the bunny borg which would make it fair to everyone. Founders don't need more enhancement slots just equality.
Post #: 89
4/24/2011 1:49:01   
Phoenix Angel

I understand that viewpoint Celestine.
I think that that maybe once we reach 35 then perhaps Founders can have the option, most likely an expensive option, using a system like a merge shop for a level 35 version. (Using perhaps both the founder armor versions as they'd be dead weight)
While yes, it would suck that the new version would lack the enhancements of versions put into it, we'd just have to go buy them again.
I think the reason people are so attached to their founder armors is that the armor is so nicely class specific in it's stat placement, looks wonderful, and has such nostalgia value to owners.
I don't think it should be the best, but should remain amongst the top armors in 10 level intervals.
Therefore players can still buy interim armors if they would like to.

I myself went on haitus and when I came back I couldn't keep up to new weapons or armors, I think the "Age of Founders" has ended.
But I think that in the future, EpicDuel should be in "The Age of Variance".
People can be at the top regardless of character age and there would be enough gap items for players of all sorts at all levels.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
4/24/2011 2:14:38   
xxmirxx

No more updates for founder armor
AQ Epic  Post #: 91
4/24/2011 2:16:34   
Shadronica

@ Celestine.

In actual fact the new Bunny Armor is well in front of Founder Armor. +2 in resistance or +2 in defense is the equivalent of and extra 6-8 stat points so you don't need to feel threatened by Founder Armor.

As for the people saying that Founder Armor is only a lvl 25 armor and in no way should have any further part in EpicDuel I say lets change it to level 40 right now so we can wear it under the rules of encumberance. ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 92
4/24/2011 2:17:04   
T.600

quote:

No more updates for founder armor
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
4/24/2011 2:19:20   
Gold

@Shadronica: That just makes Founder Armor worse. -7 in resistance most certainly does not work.

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
4/24/2011 2:21:23   
Shadronica

How many points on def or res do you think a level 40 armor would have? *grins*
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 95
4/24/2011 2:35:36   
Celestine
Constructive!

@Shadronica:
I do not recall saying the new Bunny Armor was weaker to Founder Armor.
quote:

But this thread opens up and you complain about a level 33 armor being stronger than a level 25 armor? That makes no sense to me.

Looks to me I said quite the opposite. I don't fear any armor as long as I have powerful weapons to back me up. What I do fear is the unethical treatment of those who could not purchase the armor and now have to purchase various armors just to have an armor equal/better than that of the Founder Armor.
It does not matter how much or how little anyone has spent. It does not matter what time period we have payed. What does matter is the fact that we have supported the game, some more than others, and I'll restate NO ONE deserves to feel left out.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 96
4/24/2011 2:42:00   
BlueKatz

Not really, a Founder have to pay quite as a lot as anyone else to get their gears good. the 9, 10 Enh cost is not little anymore, it's actually the cost of 3 armors
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 97
4/24/2011 2:49:15   
RKC

People I have no quarrel about the future armors and weapons in ED. Let them be the best I don't care.

I just want the founders armor to be usable in future releases.

For those who say "I'm paying more than the founders" yes you did pay more but you are not a founder, even if you pay a 100000000000$ you are not gonna be a founder.

Founders made something in ED, they paid and trusted the staff for the first month even if we didn't know what will happen to the game in the future.

Elites were promised the best in ED but they broke that promise, for I don't know what reason.
imagine having a DA in DF. Promised to have the best of the best items in the game and suddenly it was taken away from you.

That's what happened to elites in ED.

I for one don't want that to happen to founders, but I cant do anything about that anymore. So I'm just asking for a little favor from the staff to make founders armor always 2nd best, and everything make it the best of the best.

That's what you get for being a founder you get a little bit of more because you were there first.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 98
4/24/2011 2:52:56   
frosty123

There should be no "best armor" because then everyone would have the same armor and then it makes it even harder for the lv1-31 to beat people. The founder armor is fine and i think the the bunny should have 9+ and 3+ to each stat. Nerf some of the +8 armors by one stat pont or something. That way everything would be far. And this is off topic but i think we should have a +7 non var armor but only gives you up to 10 stat points. And its 17k cred or 21k cred. What do you guys think?
Post #: 99
4/24/2011 2:54:07   
T.600

Ugh do I have to intervene? Founder has the maximum amount of enhancements slots (10). It was buffed once AND they gave the achievment an extra 500 rating points. It also has the coolest looks and BEST STAT PLACEMENT. I would pay 5k varium for founder armor but I wouldn't buy that ugly bunny borg armor.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition