Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/24/2011 2:55:50   
RKC

no don't nerf anything anymore because people will start to flame again
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 101
4/24/2011 3:15:12   
frosty123

But I stayed on this forum and read every section and people have been complainin bout how "founder armor" need a buff. And then if it gets a buff people will quit. So all im sayin is that they wont quit if the bunny guy is nerfed by 4 stat points. Most of us care about the +9 to resistance. Well except the founders. And they should only hae 6 enhancemant slots to make it even.
Post #: 102
4/24/2011 3:40:42   
Celestine
Constructive!

@BlueKatz:
Once again, I never said Founders didn't pay any less or more than Non-Founders. I guess there is a reading between the lines style forum members have adapted to.

In any case, take this for example: I had 2 level 28 Armors I enhanced. Four enhancement slots for each, meaning a total of 600 Varium. Space Warrior comes out, I enhance it, comes out to 1,200 Varium. Altogether, I spent 1800 Varium. You on the other hand only have enhanced your Founder Armor, coming out to a total of 1,700 Varium.

This is really just an example and only serves to prove that just because Founder Armor costs more to enhance does not guarantee that you spent more Varium.

@RKC:
To my knowledge, Founder Armor is still usable and has been usable since it's release. To think that players who are supporting and paying for the game right now are not taking a risk is a blatant lie. Especially with the recent EpicDuel updates. Sure, Founders did contribute to a game that had a lot of risks, but in my opinion were already more than thanked for their support.

Elites were never promised the best, they were promised unlimited Varium. This was a horrible move and something that should have never been promised. It would have given them so many advantages when they only payed $20(?).
Instead they were given 20,000 Varium and a free ultra rare bike. On top of their free Founder Armor, Founder Badge, and Beta Weapons. This is way more than enough.

But unlike the Founders, Elites were made a promise and it was broken by the Developers.

To tell you the truth, I would not care if Founder Armor was buffed every other week to get it on par with other armors, but the reason that can't happen is you'd be saving hundreds of dollars in 1-2 years. For one thing, that is unfair to any who joined or never purchased until after the 1st month. And that would also hurt the economical stance of ED, as well as undermine the trust the players hold in the game.

-Celestine

< Message edited by Celestine -- 4/24/2011 3:42:31 >
DF Epic  Post #: 103
4/24/2011 5:57:38   
Shadronica

Just to add to this discussion I have an alt that I also started a week after the Founder offer finished. My alt had a fairly high profile in 2v2 for quite some time last year. I have had to pay for all her armors too Celestine. Funny thing is that everyone loved my alt more than my founder.

People do not realise that a lot of us older players don't just have one character to pay for in this game. Back in the good ol days there was quite a few of us that had several alts . Back then this game wasn't as expensive to play as it is now especially with all the enhancements.

I can no longer afford to keep the rest of my alts going.

Having the Founder armor has been a wonderful saving grace in a game that has been increasingly involved in aggressive varium farming.

Surely you can understand that obtaining an armor that you are happy with should be able to be used throughout your gaming experience without watching it go down the toilet just because other players don't have it.

I hear you that you don't like the idea of armors getting buffed but I am more than sure that if the game developers offered to give your favourite armor a reasonable buff you wouldn't say "no thanks Titan and Nightwraith I am happy I have been able to use my armor for X amount of time and I would rather just sell it for credits to get it out of my full inventory besides I am very keen to spend another $50 to buy a new armor and enhance it because I love to throw cash at you every other week to keep you guys happy".

I don't mean to sound rude I am just asking players to think sensibly and reasonably.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
4/24/2011 6:08:39   
Xxbbooxx

i read the post, and instantly though, Elite's should get every promo item put to their account for free, it seems fair, think of it as upgrading each week (basicaly unlimited varium)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 105
4/24/2011 6:21:41   
Cookielord12

founders has been the strongest for just under a year now. if you get a buff next year we will be at level 35 and you will be complaining that is isnt a match for level 35 armours and that you got a buff when we started to have 33 armours so that you should have a buff at 35 etc. i say get over it. no other game still has founder buffs/new items except AQW which release a pet every year but its like a luxury item and does nothing really. at the most founders could receive a founders bike.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
4/24/2011 6:36:06   
T.600

Ok here's a good deal. Release a rare good-looking armor to satisfy non founders. Buff founder armor and keep buffing this rare armor. Everyone is happy; founders have the extra achievment which is their bonus.

Please do not use a font over size 3. Using oversized font is not allowed according the the Comprehensive Forum Rules. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 4/24/2011 14:53:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
4/24/2011 6:39:32   
Cookielord12

@above well the rare good looking armour will have to be constantly buffed or have complaints, therefore leading to no one using any other armour
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
4/24/2011 6:41:16   
Light Stridr

quote:

Ok here's a good deal. Release a rare good-looking armor to satisfy non founders. Buff founder armor and keep buffing this rare armor. Everyone is happy; founders have the extra achievment which is their bonus.

Big font size=not needed.
But they should make a new version of founder armour every few levels, like a level 33 version.
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
4/24/2011 6:41:44   
T.600

@cookielord: what???

@above: the big font size was to emphasis my point

< Message edited by T.600 -- 4/24/2011 6:42:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
4/24/2011 6:44:05   
Cookielord12

im saying that the non founders would constantly complain that their armour need buffs because your idea is to release an armour to keep up with founder but if founder is buffed then the non founder armour would need a buff
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 111
4/24/2011 6:47:13   
T.600

I mentioned that they would both continuosly buffed, but since they are rare, other players will be inclined to buy the other available armors which will always remain behind these "godly" armors.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
4/24/2011 6:49:52   
Cookielord12

you didnt say that the non founder would be constantly buffed in your massive font size post
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
4/24/2011 6:51:59   
T.600

Yes I did heres the quote:

quote:

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
4/24/2011 9:54:24   
BlueKatz

it's really stupid how Season rare get buffed and not pre rare...
and well, I just need good thing up to date, there are too many OP items in this game already, soon we will have 1 or 2 more armors with stat abuse and weak defense
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 115
4/24/2011 10:21:25   
IzzyluvsU
Banned

Show some respect to the devs, atleast they care about us, and make an effort to communicate with us whenever they get a chance.

If you think they are do a bad job, you try creating a game in this economy, it is nowhere easy, unless you are a millionaire, good luck.

show some appreciation.
Post #: 116
4/24/2011 11:08:51   
One Winged Angel1357

Ok ND im siding with you a lv 25 armor should not over power a lv 33 armor it makes no sence what so ever and from what you said in a different topic if this keeps up a lv 25 armor will be as strong as a lv 40 armor FOUNDERS does that make any sence at all to you

Come on guys be logical the devs cant keep buffing your armor to be the best and it is the most versitile armor in the game and it is still increadily usable i mean the build im using had to be incredily modified becuase the person i got it from was a founder and had some insane stat mods(set perfectly for that class unlike bunny borg)

finally Shad you are one of the most reasonable people i know but in this topic you are being the equiliant of Angels Holocuast back when we were trying to kill HLTM so please step off your high horse and look at it from a different persective perhaps a logical one instead of an emotional one

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 4/24/2011 12:36:07 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 117
4/24/2011 11:11:47   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Shad Do not forget the fact that not every player on ED has an account registered here on the forums. The people here make up 10% or less of the total population of ED. Do not assume that since they are new to the forums means they are new to ED as well. I was lvl 60 in AQ before I ever made an acc here. I was lvl 30 in ED before I made an acc on the ED forums.

Once again I emphasize Founder being lvl 25 but still able to compete with an armor 8 levels ahead of it. Each time Founder gets buffed, each person that can use it gets buffed as well. With encumberance out now, a lvl 21 can use the armor but will lose 4 resistance. But 16 stats plus 10 enhancements is amazing stats for a lvl 21. There are still Founders out there lvl 20 and under. Do you really want a new player to fight a lvl 21 Founder with an armor that gives 26 stats right now? How about later if it gets buffed again? 30 stats? 9 resistance? You keep buffing that armor and you will cut the last thread of balance at lower levels.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
4/24/2011 12:35:46   
Deboise

quote:

Funny how some of the players that oppose this thread topic *coughCookielord12cough* have only been in our AE forum for 2 minutes and they are so quick to stick their noses in where it has no business doing so.

I agree this makes me smile... AND I LOVE HOW YOU GUYS ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROMISE WAS TO FOUNDERS WHEN HALF OF YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ED EXISTED THEN....

elites did get screwed...i would just prefer if founders didn't have to go through the same thing...

Deboise
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
4/24/2011 12:46:37   
He Who Lurks

^The promise was, quote:

"Elites will never have to pay for varium ever again"

--or somewhat of the like. And their right, Elites don't have to pay for varium.

< Message edited by He Who Lurks -- 4/24/2011 12:57:03 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 120
4/24/2011 12:48:59   
One Winged Angel1357

@^ you are correct Elites were promised they never had to pay for varium again but they also had Screenshots of the document proving that they never had to pay for Varium again

That is were our Founders have fallin short none of them have been able to come up with proof that Founder Duel Master armor would always be the best in game.

also on a side note i got tired of all teh fighting and i asked NW if he could recall what the promise was forever or for a time
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
4/24/2011 12:59:04   
He Who Lurks

According to the interwebz, best is defined as "offering or producing the greatest advantage, utility, or satisfaction".

That armor[founder] looks "best" out of the other armors .
AQ Epic  Post #: 122
4/24/2011 13:14:10   
frosty123

Well here is a very simple way. increase the lv requirement to 30-34(or 33) and buff it
Post #: 123
4/24/2011 13:18:57   
Shadow Jester

Mir...I can't understand that you don't know any elites..

Santa Clawzz a.k.a Narcissus
Barbie
Viven
Morrigan
Buffy

and more
the list is elites.

Those elites i listed still plays
AQW Epic  Post #: 124
4/24/2011 13:47:14   
frosty123

yea i have heard of Elites bt what makes them so special? is it that they played before AE and Ed merged?
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition