Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/25/2011 22:19:59   
xxmirxx

@ T.600 Yah I agree
AQ Epic  Post #: 201
4/25/2011 23:11:29   
  Nightwraith

It looks like a lot the broken promises cited here are actually assumptions.

1) Founder armor was never promised to be the best armor in the game forever. Any buff received after it's release was influenced by popular opinion, but entirely at the discretion of the developers. It can still be argued that it's one of the strongest and definitely one of the rarest items in the game.

2) Elites were not promised new bonuses each update. Their unlimited varium reduced to a finite supply (20k) because unlimited varium would never have balanced with most of the varium features in game. They also received Founder and Beta gear free, plus a hoverbike that is only available as a rare arcade drop.

As developers, we are constantly faced with the challenge of pleasing our past supporters while not alienating future supporters. Each prior phase wants better perks than the more recent phase, so this creates a massive implied obligation on our part. If we went this route, each release would consist of creating content specifically for past supporters, which would devour development time on forward progress while discouraging new players from buying, since we would create a ceiling of super-premium content they could never penetrate. Games like AQW can award new content to members and founder because 1) it doesn't affect balance and 2) they have the staff to do so. Smaller games like MechQuest that promised perks like monthly mechs for upgraded members had to compromise on this promise due to lack of staff.

I'm not saying we don't appreciate past support, but we are not obligated to create content specifically for Alphas, Elites, Founders, Betas and so on. Anything special we give these supporters is a gift given out of appreciation and kindness, not obligation.
Post #: 202
4/25/2011 23:28:08   
T.600

^Nightwraith can we have some cool looking armors for non founders though?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 203
4/25/2011 23:31:50   
Soliqe

I've retired because of exactly this.

You're ignoring your past supporters. Don't worry about the balance of the game, it's already been ruined by stat inflation. I've supported you and Titan through thick and thin, yet you still disappoint me and your many fans who helped you grow EpicDuel. All we get is a pat on the back and told, "It's unfair for the newbies"

Have you seen them?! Those little ungrateful players will never have the gratitude your past supporters had. Each generation of players is worse. Have you not noticed the decay in morals within YOUR OWN game? By now you've either ignored this post or simply don't care what I have to say. I'm one voice, and I'm not paying for your game anymore... So does it matter?

We understand you're on a fixed income with AE, but we still should receive some perks. For example, HeroSmash is releasing their Founder status. YAY! Not... We get nothing from that. We're Founder of EpicDuel and yet this game and it's players are shoved aside as if it didn't exist. You should tell your supervisors that AQW is not the only MMO and that EpicDuel Founder should have priveleges in other games too.

I'm very disgruntled by how you listen to our players. You only listen to the unreasonable brats who want nothing but personal gain and "fame", yet you ignore the mature remnant that has undying support for your game to this very day. By your ignorance to "the remnant" it's changed my mind about playing this game as often as I have. I understand you don't influence my choices, but you did influence my gaming experience. At the beginning it was great, but it slowly degraded, and now we're at Easter one year later. I thought Easter would be great for EpicDuel. It released my most favorite weapon, The Egg Staff. But since you decided to charge ridiculous amount for premium items, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

What happened to the 5k varium premium offers? You could have at least given the choice for players who bought 5k to choose 1 eggzooka... I mean what happened to the reasonable offers? Now it's to the point where premiums are offered at 10k. Don't give me your Gamma Bike bit. Who cares about a useless vehicle that increases your speed by 150%?

I'm not sure about my future with this game, but I know my activity will lessen due to your understanding of the past players who "used" to support your efforts. Have fun with your new generation.
quote:

It looks like a lot the broken promises cited here are actually assumptions.

1) Founder armor was never promised to be the best armor in the game forever. Any buff received after it's release was influenced by popular opinion, but entirely at the discretion of the developers. It can still be argued that it's one of the strongest and definitely one of the rarest items in the game.

2) Elites were not promised new bonuses each update. Their unlimited varium reduced to a finite supply (20k) because unlimited varium would never have balanced with most of the varium features in game. They also received Founder and Beta gear free, plus a hoverbike that is only available as a rare arcade drop.

As developers, we are constantly faced with the challenge of pleasing our past supporters while not alienating future supporters. Each prior phase wants better perks than the more recent phase, so this creates a massive implied obligation on our part. If we went this route, each release would consist of creating content specifically for past supporters, which would devour development time on forward progress while discouraging new players from buying, since we would create a ceiling of super-premium content they could never penetrate. Games like AQW can award new content to members and founder because 1) it doesn't affect balance and 2) they have the staff to do so. Smaller games like MechQuest that promised perks like monthly mechs for upgraded members had to compromise on this promise due to lack of staff.

I'm not saying we don't appreciate past support, but we are not obligated to create content specifically for Alphas, Elites, Founders, Betas and so on. Anything special we give these supporters is a gift given out of appreciation and kindness, not obligation.
AQW Epic  Post #: 204
4/25/2011 23:34:17   
BlueKatz

It's not like we wanna be best of game, just make promo gear be usable

Like Alpha items, where are they?
And Beta items, they aren't up to date

Why Pre rare can't have yearly update meanwhile season rares can
That's make no sense :/
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 205
4/25/2011 23:40:48   
Clutch

@Nightwraith
I totally agree with you, no obligation at all and I personally thank you for all you have given what you have to us early players. But can I ask that you consider giving founder armor a resistance bonus to 8, or heck, i'd even be willing to spend more varium on more enhancements if say they were given 15 slots? I'm not asking to make us any stronger than the current bunny borg armor, but perhaps just a simple added bonus to enable us to fight with our stylish and timeless armors that we all love :).

@Non-Founder Complainers
Look. You obviously don't understand what's going on here. Its about doing something at the right TIME. Founders paid for a game that was only in existence a short while, taking a bigger risk. And were thus given a bigger reward(AKA Founder Armor, achievement, etc...) Now all of you complaining that you spent a 1000000000 times more than any of the elites or founders, it doesn't really matter in the real world. For Prime example, take the Apple Corporation, if you invested in Apple in the 1970's-1980's, your reward was HUGE. Now say you invested 1000000000 times more than that in apple today, your reward is not the same because you've already seen this company's success. Same thing applies here, we didn't know the great success that this franchise was going to have, therefore the founders were given more, and that more is now asking for the ability to keep our armor competitive, not necessarily the best, but simply competitive.
Which I feel is not asking for too much.

< Message edited by Clutch -- 4/25/2011 23:42:57 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 206
4/26/2011 0:03:05   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Solique- I understand that you feel marginalized, but it does get hard making more and more content for a shrinking populace. We do appreciate the founders- without you there would be no EpicDuel. We don't consider you remnants, at all, and I do apologize if you feel that way.

I don't know why founders in EpicDuel aren't considered founders in HeroSmash as well.

We can't guarantee what kind of promos will be offered in the future, but I agree that it would be nice for a lower varium package to come with some nice swag.
Post #: 207
4/26/2011 0:13:14   
RKC

ED has been getting carried away with the offers. Why only on the 10,000 Varium package? Why cant we have an option to just pick one zooka with the 5,000 varium package?

I don't care about the gamma bike. Its completely useless to me.

As we discuss deeper and deeper in to this topic. Not only does founders have problems. But also other things like the varium packages.

< Message edited by RKC -- 4/26/2011 0:15:11 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 208
4/26/2011 0:14:21   
Firewallblast

Cause technically epic duel doesn't have memberships.
AQW Epic  Post #: 209
4/26/2011 0:16:26   
RKC

Do they really have to let us buy the highest package just to get the weapons.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 210
4/26/2011 1:02:42   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

firewallblast wrote:
Cause technically epic duel doesn't have memberships.

Major flaw in a game that costs way to much to play consistently! Many suggestion have been made about memberships and Artix promised to look into it at one stage a few months ago, we can only hope that something will eventuate one day sooner rather than later!

I agree with Soliqe to the extent that the players that are buddies with the developers and as such have way too much influence on the game in general. These buddies recieve way too many specials and preferential treatment.

My question to the developers is that Elites (I am not one) were told that they would recieve some bonuses when the varium was cutoff, so when was the last time that they specifically got a bonus?
Sure, the Beta players got a boost with the weapon damage from the beta weapons... idk

At Cinderella, I wonder why it is a shrinking populace, could it be that they are disgruntled? If the numbers are dropping away that dramatically, how can it be expressed that it is not fair to the newbies to give the founders/elites a reward for sticking with the game through thick and thin when they are becoming so rare?
Epic  Post #: 211
4/26/2011 1:36:45   
xxmirxx

I don't belive founders should get special treatment. I have been here over 2 years. What I am ask that gamma players as well get own specific armor like founders but better and last being best for whole year. Those of you claim your elites you need badge to have full rights to say first. As far as elites will go I say trucus has right to claim as elite.
AQ Epic  Post #: 212
4/26/2011 1:57:14   
H4ll0w33n

If founders is put second best, there is still no reason to buy a armor anymore for founders. second best is basically 1 less resistance and 2-4 less stats.

Post #: 213
4/26/2011 2:05:11   
Goony
Constructive!

^ So what you are saying is that greed is good. The developers need money to keep the game going, so they should create stronger armor so that the founders becomes outdated and needs to be replaced!

Greed, isn't that what caused the global financial crisis...
Epic  Post #: 214
4/26/2011 2:07:34   
xxmirxx

Yah does
AQ Epic  Post #: 215
4/26/2011 2:20:57   
Shadronica

Thank you for replying Nightwraith.

I certainly hope that your post does not mean that this is a closed discussion. If it is the end of the discussion regarding upgrading the Founder armor as is customary with all the other rares then I ask of you to tell us now so that Elites and Founders know exactly what the policy will be.
As it stands now it is rather ambiguous.

We do understand that we would not be getting buffed every time an armor is released but we ask that we can retain and USE our Founder armor into the future? Possibility or not?

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 216
4/26/2011 2:28:56   
xxmirxx

I hate sound mean but you founder players are greedy. If you just want nicer armor then say so. But honesty does make sence why Lvl 25 aermor gets upgrades But those who just brought bunny armor gets no further upgrades to there armor. so someone with explain that. at least give to all those who brought armors too chance to upgrade.
AQ Epic  Post #: 217
4/26/2011 2:38:22   
Shadronica

That is exactly the point xxmirxx that founder is actually the nicest looking armor in the game so I am sure that you can understand that its one we want to keep.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 218
4/26/2011 2:41:03   
xxmirxx

Ok I get it now
AQ Epic  Post #: 219
4/26/2011 2:47:25   
T.600

PLease go ahead and buff founder armor but I would like non founders to have a good looking armor which is rare as well!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
4/26/2011 2:48:50   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Shadronica: As superficial as it sounds, the appearance of Founder Armor is the reason I've held onto it so long too.

I'm just not a fan of the uni-class / uni-gender armors and I'm just waiting on a new armor that brings a unique look for each class. I'm sure a lot of founders feel the same way.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 221
4/26/2011 2:49:40   
xxmirxx

I like cadens armor I wish it had better stats.
AQ Epic  Post #: 222
4/26/2011 2:50:14   
Mr. Black OP

@above
a gamma armor similar to the founder but with physical defense and slightly different stats
Epic  Post #: 223
4/26/2011 2:52:43   
xxmirxx

does look nice on mage or no.
AQ Epic  Post #: 224
4/26/2011 3:00:12   
Mr. Black OP

@above
heres my char page he has the mage founder armor: http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=Mr.%20Black%20OP
Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED's Founders and Elites the forgotten ones
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition