Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Founder Evolves With You

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Founder Evolves With You
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2011 17:12:28   
frosty123

I dont now why it has to be +8 be +7 +12 dex +8 Tech or 8 dex and 12 tech
Post #: 176
7/23/2011 17:13:39   
ajs777

quote:

I dont now why it has to be +8 be +7 +12 dex +8 Tech or 8 dex and 12 tech

that is hideously confusing, try again
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
7/23/2011 17:19:49   
Aere

^ He's saying give it +4 dex or tech and be done with it. That's literally useless, no thanks. Giving at the most 1 extra Def/Res via those stats.
AQW Epic  Post #: 178
7/23/2011 18:59:24   
Synbad Syndicated

while it's true founders are not asking for free buffs. i'm just adding a suggestion. looking at the complaints and founders this and that and how it's founder's vs devs why not.
Post #: 179
7/23/2011 19:11:46   
Sparticus

Suggestion threads are placed in another section. This is not the suggestion forum so keep your suggestions in the right forum.

Any other discussions other then about Founders armors getting upgraded should be in a new thread, not in this thread. Injecting another line of discussion into someone else's thread is considered hijacking.

Angels only asked for Founders armor to be upgradeable so that it stays competitive with other new level 33 armors and keeps competitive as we level up further. The mechanism for this upgrade is the discussion at hand. If you don't want Founders armor to be upgradable say clearly why, please don't comment on other posters especially negatively.

The fact that LB had to post in this thread shows how off track its gone. Whether he was asked to or not I thank him for the clear answer and the sound advice/warning he gave.

quote:

With each phase of development our armor gets stronger, allowing it to compete with the armors in each phase of the game. Also the level increases with it.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 7/23/2011 19:13:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
7/23/2011 19:16:19   
Laces

@Turkish, my post was just a couple of posts above yours. But here it is:

quote:

Look guys, the Founder Armor is a Founder's Pride and shows their Status, The Beta Weapons are a Beta Tester's Pride and shows their Status, etc. We don't want that "Pride" to fade away and no one no longer recognizes a Founder, because honestly, who looks at a persons badges/achievements nowadays in battles? I'm sure that if you had something very special, you wouldn't want it to just fade away into history and have it be forgotten. You would do anything to keep it special. Thats simply what us Founders are doing. The Founder Armor is our source of pride and status in this game, and that is something we can't afford to lose. Now, we'll pay gladly pay for it if it can stay on Par or even a little weaker then new armors.

We could have skins, but I believe that is too much coding and trouble for NW and Titan, taking more time from releasing content for the entire community. Just because you don't have it, you don't want it to be buffed. As proven from the thread (that as of today is seen on the first page of ED GD). The Beta Testers want a gift and people who are complaining and calling us greedy like One Winged Angel (Sorry OWA, your a person who is posting both threads, didn't mean to single you out), support that beta testers should get a gift because she is a Beta Tester. You don't have it, you complain and call us greedy. Not saying that everyone who is against us here wants free gifts. Their are people who don't support either topics and stick true to their opinion. Regardless, we'll pay and if we're paying its not called greed as we are not asking for it to be free. Did we ask for the 1k varium? No. We had no idea until the release. So please stop with the greed thing, we're not being greedy, we just want to keep the Founder Armor par or even weaker then new armors as long as it can compete as it is our source of Pride.

< Message edited by Laces -- 7/23/2011 19:18:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 181
7/24/2011 5:24:17   
zion

<<Note to mods: this is a suggestion and could be posted in suggestions, but this idea pertains to the discussion at hand and I think it could cause for constructive conversation instead of flaming>>
I just had an epiphany... How about the following idea:
(This may have been mentioned in passing by the devs - or at least partly - at some point)
I think that rare weapons and armors should evolve with you - but not auto evolve like others are suggesting - custom evolve.
I think the amount of "evolve points" for either an armor or weapon should be based on which phase the weapon was introduced.

For example:
Alpha blaster was introduced in alpha. Therefore it would have +1 from beta and +1 from gamma and +1 from delta = +3 evolve points.
Founders armor was introduced in beta. Therefore it would have +1 from gamma and +1 from delta = +2 evolve points.

What can you do with evolve points? For a fee (varium or credits - whatever seems fair to the devs) the points give you the ability to evolve your weapon/armor and raise the power level.

For example:
For the alpha blaster, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into damage, the alpha blaster would go from lvl 25 to lvl 28 and the damage would go from +25 to +28.
For founders armor, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into resistance, the founders armor would go from lvl 25 to lvl 27 and the res would go from +7 to +9.

But since this should be a custom and personal upgrade to preserve the unique nature of veteran players and older weapons, there should be more options: evolution points can also change the base stats of the weapon/armor. Lets say 2 to 4 extra stats for each evolve point and they can only improve stats that are already buffed by the weapon/armor (to preserve the nature of the item)

For example:
For the alpha blaster, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into stats, the alpha blaster would go from lvl 25 to lvl 28 and the dex/tech would go from +8 to (+14 to +20). You can decide how much to add to dex or tech and it would become permanent.
For founders armor, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into stats, the founders armor would go from lvl 25 to lvl 27 and the stats would go from +16 to (+20 to +24). You can decide how much to add to str, dex or tech and it would become permanent. (Since this switches based on class, you may have to do it again each class change - ask Titan)

Also, you should be able to mix and match - use 1 evolve point for damage/shield and 1 point for stats.

This way - there will never be another complaint about rare items losing their luster.

A debatable point is: which items are rare enough to matter for evolution upgrades?

I don't see a simple answer for this, but I do think that anything that was in the game and is no longer available should be pretty simple, because its obvious when the weapon/armor was purchased and how many evolve points the weapon/armor should receive. This would make limited rares that get restocked and seasonal rares ineligible for evolution.

As a side note, I think there should be a f2p rare for the highest level range of each phase of epicduel as well. The devs could open a limited-time shop accessible only to those chars with the appropriate badge/cheevos with one f2p rare item for each phase of epicduel.

For example:
A bike for alphas, a bot for betas, a lvl 32 sidearm for gammas, and a lvl 33 aux for deltas. After the limited time, only the delta aux would remain for the remainder of delta.

Do you think this will end the endless complaining? Let me know what you think!

< Message edited by gk365 -- 7/24/2011 5:30:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
7/24/2011 11:45:39   
One Winged Angel1357

someone broguht up a very good point to me somewhere else what about founders without FDMA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 183
7/24/2011 11:48:16   
helloguy

What about us
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 184
7/24/2011 17:05:54   
Shadronica

A Founder skin for the founders is a wonderful idea however, we will be told that this game only has one coder so I highly doubt anything will be done.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 185
7/24/2011 18:30:43   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Move on.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 186
7/24/2011 20:21:49   
wario the great

i dont care how much i need to pay but i want a founer buff ill happily pay 50k creds or 5k var for a buff cuz its the only armour that looks good although tesla looks pretty goodbut i hate its helm

The Real Zeal! xD
Once A Mage Always A Mage: Zeal Overlord My Character Page! xD
My Youtube Channel! xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 187
7/26/2011 6:28:17   
Angels Holocaust

I honestly think that this idea needs to take place on Friday, we need to make sure that founders aren't forgotten.
Post #: 188
7/26/2011 7:44:49   
Baron Dante

So, you want a buff to an armor, that, depending on your build, is either the best, or the second best in the entire game, with both being unavailable at this point.

Why? Especially when the best reason you seem to be giving here is "to make sure founders aren't forgotten".

Well, then we ought to ignore the armor, and give them something new, since not all founders have the armor.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
7/26/2011 7:45:20   
LambO

^AH - Yes, or this will be forgetten till the next time we gotta post.
Then we will re-make the topic, people flame us cause we keep on asking for a buff, some people think we've already been buffed & we be back to where we started...

LambO

< Message edited by LambO -- 7/26/2011 7:46:10 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 190
7/26/2011 7:56:36   
Calogero

So you don't want to be forgotten?

Why not Visual things for you then :)
We all know Devs have a Green name ingame and normal players white,
How about Founders getting their Own color? just thinking out loud :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
7/26/2011 8:21:46   
Snaipera

Founder Armor be buffed again ? Wait, WHAT ?! I bought a varium package about 2 weeks after Founder promotion ended ? I never got free armor , 1000 free varium , free betas , free achievement ? Wait ,WHY?! I had to buy my Space Warrior E . For 1350 varium , spend some more on enhances . Before that I had to buy another varium armor , one of those old ones with +6 resistance . Wait ... how is that fair . I supported the game 2 weeks after you did ,yet i had to spend around 3000 varium more than you guys . And to top it off, you got 1000 varium for free , just for paying 2 WEEKS earlier . And now you want your armor to surpass mine ,for which I have paid a lot more than you guys have and which is supposed to be Limited-rare ,thus a tad more powerful ? WAIT , how is this called . I SAY GREED . I rest my case . IF founder armor gets YET ANOTHER BUFF , I want either a refund for my Space Warrior or a buff for it as well .
AQW Epic  Post #: 192
7/27/2011 1:45:47   
xxmirxx

I think fair to buff as long bunny armor as well get buff in april. But you guys will have to pay likes new armor.
AQ Epic  Post #: 193
7/27/2011 2:09:08   
GreatWarrior08
Banned

I reckon Increase the Level Of Founder And Plus the Enhancements. Maybe Extra 5-10? slots so that be 15 or 20. That would make it Fair Because We have supported the Game. ALOT and By Doing This is Compared to Nothing On how Much we Spent on ED :)

Regards

Epicduel ~ Zar
AQW Epic  Post #: 194
7/27/2011 2:10:45   
GreatWarrior08
Banned

Why Does Bunny Armor needs to be Buffed? Its Nt needed The First Payment armor should be Nt Bunny :l!
AQW Epic  Post #: 195
7/27/2011 2:14:54   
xxmirxx

Why not give non founder something like that. You know non founder don't think fair you guys get buff.
AQ Epic  Post #: 196
7/27/2011 2:17:24   
Lord Barrius

Removed several more posts that were off-topic and insulting toward other individuals.

If I have to do it again, this thread is getting locked.
Post #: 197
7/27/2011 2:20:54   
HydroMonk

Yeah yeah
Armor needs RES +8 & TECH +4 or some more slots

Post #: 198
7/27/2011 2:28:59   
GreatWarrior08
Banned

2 bad? I mean We PAID we get the Best results and stuff in game than It Comes The Members who Just Play we Support the game we Buy Alot Of packages. So we at least deserve this.

And non-var members Does get the Offers to complete and get varium My friend Has a 10k var and nt buying. Just doing Offers so if he can anyone can also.
AQW Epic  Post #: 199
7/27/2011 3:12:45   
Celestine
Constructive!

@GreatWarrior08
quote:

2 bad? I mean We PAID we get the Best results and stuff in game

You did not pay to get the best results. You paid to become a Founder. Nowhere did it state Founders would be getting the "best results" or "stuff in game".
quote:

than It Comes The Members who Just Play

Are you speaking of the non-variums? Are you stating they do not support the game?
If so, I disagree. Non variums are just as important as Varium players.
Without them, there wouldn't be a reason to pay & ED would crash due to low income.
quote:

we Support the game we Buy Alot Of packages. So we at least deserve this.

I advise you not to bring money into this. That statement is very blatant with no supporting facts.
Founders have payed, but who's to say all of them have continued supporting the game?
YOU may have bought a lot of packages(which is in question taking a look at your character page), but that does not mean all Founders have.
I have put over half a thousand dollars into this game, but I don't feel I deserve anything, besides my money's worth.
You shouldn't either.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Founder Evolves With You
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition