Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Jan 18 Design Notes - The Aftermaths

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Jan 18 Design Notes - The Aftermaths
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2012 19:22:25   
MirageD

while i support defeating the SOPA/PIPA bills and have re-tweeted the google petition.....it isn't threatening the average internet user, as the design notes imply....but rather sites like AE....just wanted to clear that up....i just don't think it's right for AE to be implying that their users are under threat..... the AE sites would have to comply with the law, should they be passed (which i am against the proposed laws)....but i'm also against web-sites threatening their user communities with false information

~mira

this is complete misinformation.....while i'm against the proposed bills, you need to get your information straight......the bills are aimed at websites that post illegal information....not at individuals....the information that AE is posting is incorrect.....let me restate ....i am against the proposed bills, but this manor of threat is uncalled for...i thought better of AE???

merged posts since I merged the topics ~Cinderella

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 1/18/2012 20:21:50 >
AQW Epic  Revisions: 1 | Post #: 26
1/18/2012 19:33:56   
IsaiahtheMage

My thoughts is that it can not be passed or you can basically say bye bye to the internet and maybe even all of AE including EpicDuel.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/18/2012 19:40:05   
marleytime
Banned

quote:

A lot of players have been asking about the lack of credit-only bots, and the simple answer is that adding bots with the current system is extremely difficult.

Maybe in 2012 the staff will actually understand enough about their own game so as to avoid making announcements that they can't back up.

quote:

The War for Frysteland has given us a great opportunity to reflect on our Faction/Alignment system and its role in EpicDuel's gameplay.

Darn it! Was hoping that y'all would have reflected on the outrageous pricing of this game and its role in making EpicDuel's community feeling less than it could be.

Oh well.
Post #: 28
1/18/2012 19:40:44   
Wraith

SOPA and PIPA are both useless.

Btw, that Lamar Guy's homepage violated a copyright. LOL

Go sue yourself, Lamar.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/18/2012 19:45:49   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

quote:

this is complete misinformation.....while i'm against the proposed bills, you need to get your information straight......the bills are aimed at websites that post illegal information....not at individuals....the information that AE is posting is incorrect.....let me restate ....i am against the proposed bills, but this manor of threat is uncalled for...i thought better of AE???

Quite the contrary, actually. While the bill is focused mostly on only piracy, it also bangs down on "unissued use of copywrited information." This means, that a reference that AE uses, such as Cinderella stated, the Lawman is a reference to a singer, which, I don't know, but if he is copywrited would be on the grounds for unissued use.

Along with that, like Cysero said, MANY celebrities copywrite their name, so if one person, or more, which is bound to happen uses a celebrity fan account, or fan club, they are at stake for penalty.

Now, the changes are the bill is NOT going to go in place, so we have nothing to worry about, but if it does it could crash hard on everyone.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/18/2012 19:45:48   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Ive known about it since November. Ive been opposed since then.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/18/2012 19:53:37   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

The issue with this is enforcement. With the internet, the amount of users can be endless. It will be incredibly expensive, of not, it would be impossible to review and traffic all the content. In regard to AE, some items they use of Satyr and Comical likeness of people, themes and music. There have been laws passed where use of Satyr and references are allowed, but it will be new ground for internet.

While TV and Radio has ability to control what is put through their services, the internet does not.

This will be a war of ideologies of what constitute ownership power vs. fair use policy within the domain of the internet.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 1/18/2012 19:55:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/18/2012 19:54:08   
rej

Everyone in their right mind is against SOPA and PIPA. 'Nuff said.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/18/2012 19:58:38   
MirageD

quote:

Quite the contrary, actually. While the bill is focused mostly on only piracy, it also bangs down on "unissued use of copywrited information." This means, that a reference that AE uses, such as Cinderella stated, the Lawman is a reference to a singer, which, I don't know, but if he is copywrited would be on the grounds for unissued use.

Along with that, like Cysero said, MANY celebrities copywrite their name, so if one person, or more, which is bound to happen uses a celebrity fan account, or fan club, they are at stake for penalty.

Now, the changes are the bill is NOT going to go in place, so we have nothing to worry about, but if it does it could crash hard on everyone.

practel,....sorry but you are so wrong....the bill, in it's intention is to ban websites that illegally present copyrighted information, for fee or for free.....it does not intend to squelch sites like AE for using "jokes" in reference to well known inferences

i am against the bill, personally, because the lines are fuzzy on how one would enforce it .....but i'm also against ppl presenting erroneous threats to the ppl that the law wouldn't effect
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/18/2012 19:59:23   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Not to mention, it wouldn't stop anyone in their right mind. If it happens:

Open Cmd which is your command prompt. Type, ping then, www.websitenamehere.com

Find the ip ofthe site that way, then, type the ip into the browser search.

Poof, your there!

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 1/18/2012 20:11:06 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/18/2012 20:00:30   
rej

It's good to see the company speaking out against such an outrageous and foolish thing like SOPA/PIPA.

As for the rest of the release, I'm disappointed that nothing is coming this week, but the large amount of new features scheduled for next week should more than make up for it. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/18/2012 20:04:45   
Algorithm

LOL
Post #: 37
1/18/2012 20:05:17   
MirageD

quote:

while i support defeating the SOPA/PIPA bills and have re-tweeted the google petition.....it isn't threatening the average internet user, as the design notes imply....but rather sites like AE....just wanted to clear that up....i just don't think it's right for AE to be implying that their users are under threat..... the AE sites would have to comply with the law, should they be passed (which i am against the proposed laws)....but i'm also against web-sites threatening their user communities with false information

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/18/2012 20:09:15   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

Everyone in their right mind is against SOPA and PIPA. 'Nuff said.

Agreed. From what I've heard this bill is going as far as disabling people's accounts for simply having names of comic book characters and taking down youtube videos that have people covering a popular song. Thats madness.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 1/18/2012 20:10:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/18/2012 20:12:47   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

If it gets passed, I cant wait to see the fights, btw there is a thread in mooch for this.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/18/2012 20:15:45   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@MiragED- please refer to this video: http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

Also, I've read the text of the SOPA bill- it's extremely vaguely defined, and as such, yes it can be interpreted to be a threat to individuals and to companies like ours.
Post #: 41
1/18/2012 20:21:23   
MirageD

lol.....have any of you read the bill???....like i said, i'm against it...but it seems you all are reacting to what you have been "told" rather than what the bill actually proposes.....geeze..."the internet" omg....we'll never survive with this kind of mis-information try standing up for what is right, with correct information
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/18/2012 20:21:50   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Hi Cindy! :D I watched that video a while ago. It proves some good points Imo.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/18/2012 20:22:40   
One Winged Angel1357

SOPA is to much of a grey area if they had a more concrete definition of what they claimed to be copyright infringement and whatever else it's goal is to protect it could be a better bill.

Rep. Smith said, "This bill does not make it a felony for a person to post a video on YouTube of their children singing to a copyrighted song. The bill specifically targets websites dedicated to illegal or infringing activity. Sites that host user content—like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter—have nothing to be concerned about under this legislation."

That is just one quote I found interesting but I never have trusted politicians especially those who want to mess with my rights on the internet with a flimsy bill
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/18/2012 20:24:14   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@MiragED- I have. It's ambiguously worded enough that there's enough room for abuses like those mentioned.
Post #: 45
1/18/2012 20:27:10   
nico0las

This is another good example of America trying to control everything.
"Oh, god forbid Steven Spielberg can only make 50 000 000 off the first Jurassic Park,
he could be making 70 000 000 without all the pirating!"

And then one wonders why the world thinks they're all idiots. -________________-"

Having said this, I mean no offense to Americans or the US. I'm simply saying some rules are absolutely useless,
and if these companies feel like destroying some of the greatest research resources in the history of man,
well they're going to lose billions in the progress, because eventually people are going to get tired and move on to new engines,
which will probably come from either Latin America, China or India (all countries they don't approve of).

Otherwise, I can't wait until the Frysteland war closes. I should re join a legion faction, should we get a reward.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/18/2012 20:29:21   
Calogero

Just a question but is the SOPA discussion even needed here?

This involves All of AE, not just EpicDuel itself so I would Assume that belongs at the Artix Entertainmen General Discussion

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/18/2012 20:29:31   
Smackie El Frog

quote:

Lvl 1 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 2 - 19 Member Capacity
Lvl 3 - 20 Member Capacity
Lvl 4 - 21 Member Capacity
Lvl 5 - 22 Member Capacity
Lvl 6 - 23 Member Capacity
Lvl 7 - 24 Member Capacity
Lvl 8 - 25 Member Capacity
Lvl 9 - 26 Member Capacity
Lvl 10- 27 Member Capacity
Lvl 11- 28 Member Capacity
Lvl 12- 29 Member Capacity
Lvl 13- 30 Member Capacity

Oh god Gold no offense but clearly this is a horrible idea. It will ruin all the daily leaderboards and give no other factions a fair chance at any daily faction medals. Very unfair and not well though out. The only way I can see this idea even remotely happening is doing the exactly opposite of what you purpose. Let lower level factions hold more members than higher level factions to give them a fighting chance vs the more powerful well known and stocked factions.

Before I get flamed for not stating this:
Obviously a large issue with that is every few levels you would lose member. But meh everything has its flaws xD I'm not much of an idea man lol.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 1/18/2012 20:33:02 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/18/2012 20:30:08   
MirageD

@ cindy, if you have read the bill, i agree that the enforcement is ambiguous but it certainly doesn't warrant AE threatening their whole user base....the bill, as you know, since you read it,....is intended to squelch copyright abuse......as i said....i'm against it....but i don't think AE should be threatening their user base...the bill is in no way intended to effect them

~mira

for those of you that don't live in the US....this doesn't apply to you....unless you host an internet site that abuses US copyright laws...otherwise you are not effected..unless you are indirectly effected by restrictions on AE sites

< Message edited by MirageD -- 1/18/2012 20:56:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/18/2012 20:31:07   
One Winged Angel1357

@Andy actually the SOPA talk is already here Stop Online Piracy Act It is a great read if you haven't read it already.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Jan 18 Design Notes - The Aftermaths
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition