Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Weapon Stats Rehaul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weapon Stats Rehaul
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2012 11:34:09   
Thylek Shran

@RabbleFroth

I noticed a significant power gain for NPCs since the weapon rebalance which is mostly
a buff for lvl 1-32 weapons. Some of my characters now have serious problems to beat
some NPCs like the Yeti Hulk (which is part of the latest quest release) because their
power with lvl 34 is still the same but the power of NPCs has increased alot because
the lower level weapons they are using, have mostly been buffed heavily.

So please think about rebalancing NPCs too and make Yeti Hulk and other undercon
NPCs (so the most of them) easier or raise their level.
+7 level for Selina, Big Tuna and Yeti Hulk as example. NPCs should be equal in
power as full equipped non varium character without enhancements at the same
level. Also NPCs should show the correct power level and not lvl 30 for a NPC that is
as strong as level 37.

I added this to my functionality suggestions.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 4/1/2012 11:48:04 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 76
4/1/2012 19:25:04   
Lady Blue

why they didnt change the damage of my dragon buster -_-
Post #: 77
4/1/2012 19:41:32   
Rayman
Banned

And Frostbane +3/2 more DMG can be nice :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
4/1/2012 21:54:21   
endtime

If you think the beta weapons are excessively strong, then why don't many pro beta players equip them? They only work with well with very specific builds because they don't grant more stats than many weapons and still does less damage. For example (counting enhancements), the delta maul gives 36 stats with 34 damage and the beta brutalizer gives only 30 stats with 28 dmg (this is a 4 damage and 6 stat deficit).

As for the weapon re-balance, I am not at all disappointed. Buffing some of the lower level weapons was no doubt necessary for balance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
4/1/2012 23:11:37   
Soldier 1124

While using my level 28 alt, Moor Macaque, i've discovered that while these weapons overhauls are mostly good, some things suddenly became overpowered. What i mostly mean by this is Caden's Wrath. It already grants +24 tech, which by far makes it the best mid-level caster mage weapon, as it and only it can increase damage by a good 6+ points. Yet, by buffing the damage to 28 (a plus 6 buff, if i am correct), it makes it even better. Now these caster mages can shell out plasma's at a 60-+ damage, which is formidable at level 27 or 28, they can also do more damage striking. And before those of you who think im just complaining because i dont have it, i have enough credits to buy it twice over, casting just isnt my thing.

If you cant be skillful, be lucky
If you cant be lucky, be skillful.
Also, did you know that a Moor Macaque is a type of monkey.
Epic  Post #: 80
4/1/2012 23:23:53   
Hun Kingq

Delta Maul

Weapon Details Damage Type: Physical
Equipment Type: Club
Damage: 34
Enhancement Slots: 10
Special: 13% Chance to Curse
Stat Modifiers Strength: +6
Dexterity: +10
Technology: 0
Support: +10
Requirements
Level Required: 34
Strength required: 35
Dexterity required: 38
Technology required: 0
Support required: 0

Beta Brutalizer (Club Level 25)
Equipment Type: Club
Damage: 28
Special: Mutating Weapon
Stat Modifiers Strength: +6
Dexterity: +7
Technology: +7
Support: 0
Requirements
Level Required: 25
Strength required: 0
Dexterity required: 0

Let us compare the two, both are promos, one is a Level 25 gets 28 damage the other is a level 34 does it get 37 damage, no, 34 damage. Both has 10 enhancement slots. The real issue the Level 25 has no requirements and the Level 34 weapon has a strength requirement of 35 and a dex requirement of 38 so with the Level 25 a person playing either of the merc classes can put any stat above what the stat progression lists but the Level 34 limits how high they could put any stat.

I have seen high level players with the Beta Brutalizer and on occasion with nothing but Beta weapons and founders armor, not for the damage of the weapons but to increase the stats as high as they can, to increase the damage of the skill, with high health and energy.

We all know that when you increase strength that is the added damage to the weapon. I want a player with both the Delta Maul and Beta Brutalizer to see how high you can put any stat with each and come back and tell us especially with nothing but Beta equipment and if you have founders armor let us know with that as well, putting all enhancements at each stat. Even staff can tell us how high they could get each stat with the two types of weapons with a combo of other beta weapons and founders armor.
Also the swords can’t be exempt from getting requirements as well because if it is not brought up it will be conveniently overlooked by staff and they will use the excuse that weapon was never brought up.

Beta Cleaver (Level 25
Weapon Details Damage Type: Energy
Equipment Type: Sword
Damage: 29
Stat Modifiers
Strength: +6
Dexterity: +7
Technology: +8
Support: 0
Requirements

Alpha Blade
Equipment Type: Sword
Damage: 27
Stat Modifiers
Strength: 0
Dexterity: +6
Technology: +6
Support: +7
Requirements

When you compare weapons don't negate the requirements as well, the amount of damage above the Level weapon, and even compare it to other same level weapons.

The issue is not only weapons with no requirements but with requirements in the appropriate places like majority of the Hunters wrist blades don't have support or strength requirement and if they have Beta aux and side arm then they could have extremely high dex so high that you can't find it on the stat progression table giving them high then normal damage potential with blocking at 90 to 100%.
Epic  Post #: 81
4/2/2012 0:03:49   
XxKirachanXx

On the subject of NPCs after the rehaul, as a level 33 player, I have noticed that Valery no longer requires no blocks or deflects by me and two crits to beat me. She would usually only beat me once a day, due to her sidearm critting for 40+damage.
Yesterday, during power hour, she managed to beat me twice in a row, both times just by hitting in the higher range of her damage output.
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
4/2/2012 1:13:29   
Joe10112

I just used my recent build on Yeti Hulk. Was soundly thrashed. Not even close.

Fought 15 times (for quest). I won on the last one, lost all the rest. Seriously. Back in December during the war, basically the exact same build never lost (wasn't even close).

Valery? Harder. Still able to beat her, but she stunned me twice, critted me, I was left with 9 HP when I killed her.

I dun liek da change.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
4/2/2012 2:27:28   
AllenLingChen

^ Really? I can easily 5 turn valery now, when i used to have difficulty 7 turning her... I think their defenses all got nerfed compared to before.
AQ  Post #: 84
4/2/2012 8:56:52   
Darkeroid

Just saying one one thing.Beta weps were SUPPOSED(read that again)to be the strongest weapons.They are still pretty strong,but as level cap changes,they will become weaker if seen from the level cap.

Epic  Post #: 85
4/2/2012 11:34:45   
Oba

I for one think that the NPC's not should get weaker. (As they were before this "Weapon Stats Rehaul). NPC's shouldnt grant so many easy wins, I like it when its a real challenge
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
4/2/2012 11:35:46   
Thylek Shran

quote:

^ Really? I can easily 5 turn valery now, when i used to have difficulty 7 turning her... I think their defenses all got nerfed compared to before.

Maybe because your weapons got buffed more than Valery´s weapons. (Shadow Baton, Kurz MP)
AFAIK NPC defenses only got influenced by the weapon changes and mostly got buffed too.

Valery

Shadow Baton:

Old : 13 dmg, 0-4-2-0 (str, dex, tech, support)
New: 12 dmg, 0-0-0-0

Kurz MP:

Old : 28 dmg, 0-7-0-0
New: 30 dmg, 2-10-3-0

= +2 str, -1 dex, +1 tech

Sum:

+2 stats,
-1 dmg on club (rarely used),
+2 dmg on gun (2-3x used),
maybe +1 dmg due str gain on gun and club

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 4/2/2012 11:39:40 >
DF Epic  Post #: 87
4/2/2012 11:37:14   
GiantBendyStraw

Im quite liking this overhaul thing. All my weps and armor combined, as a lvl 24, I get +43 technology without enahncements. hehe plasma bolt
and plasma rain abuse xD.
Post #: 88
4/2/2012 14:54:15   
Pyure

You know what this means right? It said ALL weapons, including betas I hope. xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
4/2/2012 19:41:12   
AllenLingChen

@Shran
Actually, I'm end level. NONE of my weapons were buffed, and my build did not change.
AQ  Post #: 90
4/2/2012 20:26:34   
Thylek Shran

@AllenLingChen

Thats why I did not mention lvl 33 and 34 weapons.
quote:

I noticed a significant power gain for NPCs since the weapon rebalance which is mostly
a buff for lvl 1-32 weapons
DF Epic  Post #: 91
4/2/2012 20:32:46   
Rayman
Banned

Frostbane is lvl 26-30 and Nothing for it :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
4/7/2012 19:51:49   
Hun Kingq

RabbleFroth, Look at this:

Stun Blaster/Cannon
Promotional Rare
8 slots
Damage 33
Level 29-33

Dark Varium Blaster
Limited –Rare
9 slots
Damage 35
Level 30-34

I know the Dark Varium Blaster came after the Stun Gun Sets but to get the stun guns you had to get the 10,000 Varium package everyone knows that is $50 so why was not the damage potential better and have more enhancement slots then 8 and as far as we know the Stun Gun set will not be offered again how they came across.
Epic  Post #: 93
4/7/2012 19:55:30   
Mr. Black OP

^
Founder armor came before tesla and bunnyborg. It was also only available by buying varium. Should it be better than all other armors?
Epic  Post #: 94
4/7/2012 20:00:51   
Frost Snake

ii think bunny chompers/e bunny chompers should do atlest 32 or 33 damage since their a seasonal reare :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
4/7/2012 23:12:35   
Hun Kingq

zman 2, Founder Armor gives you 10 enhancement slots Bunny borg and Tesla only gives you 8 enhancement slots that is how it should be with all promos in comparison to in game purchase so the weapons should be no different. The most expensive in game Armor especially Varium wise is the Space Armors but that only has 8 enhancement slots which it should have 9 since it cost more.

The varium packages cost less when Epic duel started offering them as I heard so if it was 30 to 40 dollars and that armor and those weapons at that time get 10 enhancement slots then as the price went up either all promos should get 10 enhancement slots or everyday 10 dollars above the original it should go up 1 enhancent. so if it started at 30 and now 50 then the weapons should get 12 enhancement slots. If start at 40 at now at 50 then it would be 11 enhancement slots.

You can label the stun Guns as Ultra Rare since they made it clear it was a one time offer and it should have had better damage potential then any in-game side arm and as a promo it should have came with 10 enhancement slots.

Remember this thread is about weapon stat rehaul not about armor stat rehaul.
Epic  Post #: 96
4/7/2012 23:30:19   
Mr. Black OP

^
I think it has 8 (instead of 10) slots because of it's special, while the dark varium blaster has none, the stun guns also have 19 stats (un-enhanced) while the dark varium blaster has 18 stats.
So basically:
Stun Guns: More stats, a special, 2 versions
Dark Varium Blaster: More damage
So the stun guns are actually better unless you want raw damage.

Actually I think the prices were about the same, you must be thinking about the level 12 versions of the armor and weapons, those came with the smaller packages. But I think we have more packages now but I'm not completely sure.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/7/2012 23:34:06 >
Epic  Post #: 97
4/8/2012 0:12:47   
Hun Kingq

zman 2, unless you have the right build you will barely see the stun guns stun. Whether or not the promo has a special or not it should have the most enhancements because you are spending $50 either through sponsors or actual cash. Take a look at the primaries that come with the varium package they come with specials and have 10 enhancement slots. So with the stun pistols basically being ultra rare and costing $50 it should have came with 10 enhancement slots with greater damage potential since we don't see players getting stunned that often. Like if they offer armor as part of the promo package then it should have better stats and come with 10 enhancements then the in-game armor just an example.

All weapons not only need proper stat requirement placement but adequate adjustment in enhancement slots so if it was part of a promo then it should get a better damage potential and 10 enhancement slots.

Epic  Post #: 98
4/8/2012 10:29:10   
MrBones

KEEP IT UP HUN KINGQ !

You are figthing a just cause. I am with you 100%
Epic  Post #: 99
4/8/2012 13:09:21   
Mr. Black OP

@hun
Then under that logic should a lv 30 promo like Celtic Cleaver, Azrael Bane, or Frostbane (they were all promos once) be as powerful as the lv 34 promo Frost Destroyer?
You also have to take into account that Dark Varium Blaster is a lv 34 weapon while the stun weapons are a lv 33 weapon. Even though varium blaster is a lv 34 weapon you see it get beat by stun guns in every category except raw damage.
If you don't see them stun often then that means it is balanced. How balanced would it be if your gun stunned every game, while other guns do not even get a chance to stun? Besides, a weapon special is still a special no matter how often it works.

What do you mean by right build though? You can have 0 Support while your enemy has 150 and it will still be a 5% chance to stun.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/8/2012 13:13:34 >
Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weapon Stats Rehaul
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition