Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= April 10th Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= April 10th Design Notes
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/10/2012 21:21:34   
Mr. Black OP

^
That's technically a bone not the entire skeleton, I think it's the equivalent of our nails coming out of our fingers and toes. But I sucked at anatomy.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/10/2012 22:04:09 >

Epic  Post #: 26
4/10/2012 21:27:56   
Thylek Shran

quote:

RabbleFroth is planning a nerf for Tech Mages. What is it? I dunno, nobody tells me anything. Watch here for details.

You guys better nerf the still overpowered Tactical Mercenaries instead of Tech Mages.
Passive energy regeneration + active health regeneration and energy burn are deadly
when combined with high strenght (Field Commander !) and Blood Shield.

Tech Mages should even receive a minor buff by removing the staff limitation for
Assimilation to make them more equal with the other classes.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 4/10/2012 21:28:32 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 27
4/10/2012 21:29:02   
drinde

@Thylek

I think the Nerf is for the fatal Plasma - Plasma combo, so no need to worry too much.

At least, I hope. <.<
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
4/10/2012 21:31:49   
Retrosaur

quote:

What else will the rabbits uncover in the Archives?

Duh... zombies. Mutated creatures. I mean cmon, Master Chief had to go through his fair share of zombies down there.

OOH OOH I GOT IT HEADCRABS!!!!!

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 4/10/2012 21:47:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/10/2012 21:49:00   
liy010

quote:

You guys better nerf the still overpowered Tactical Mercenaries instead of Tech Mages.
Passive energy regeneration + active health regeneration and energy burn are deadly
when combined with high strenght (Field Commander !) and Blood Shield.

I don't see how TLM is that OP. To kill one, all you have to do is keep an active EMP and they can only gain HP on Frenzy which has a cooldown=Not active

Tech Mages on the Other Hand, Spam Tech and HP and right as they come in, Plasma Bolt you for about at least 30 Damage on a CH with really High Resistance (About 40 to me) then Plasma Rains to finish you off. If you're still not dead by then, they can just heal or do whatever and then Boom, it's Plasma Bolt again!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
4/10/2012 21:50:57   
Retrosaur

@Thylek
The new tech abuse build is completely overwhelming, and as a tech abuse tac merc, it's still pretty hard to counter them.

quote:

I don't see how TLM is that OP. To kill one, all you have to do is keep an active EMP and they can only gain HP on Frenzy which has a cooldown=Not active

Tech Mages on the Other Hand, Spam Tech and HP and right as they come in, Plasma Bolt you for about at least 30 Damage on a CH with really High Resistance (About 40 to me) then Plasma Rains to finish you off. If you're still not dead by then, they can just heal or do whatever and then Boom, it's Plasma Bolt again!

/this

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 4/10/2012 21:52:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/10/2012 22:07:21   
Laces

While they are nerfing TMs which is awesome, I would hope that they add a bit of variety to builds for a BM. For me personally, I've had trouble with any build but a strength build. High Dex doesn't work because after either plasma bolt or supercharge, you don't have much of an HP gain because most of your stat points are in dexterity and not strength. As a result, low HP regen. I've tried a strength/dex build and even that doesn't work as well. Support is utterly useless for a BM. Now don't think for one second I'm siding with Hun on the fact that BMs need an energy regen as well. I just would hope that they would add something that could make the BM build a bit more creative.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/10/2012 22:12:51   
drinde

^
Like Assimilate?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 33
4/10/2012 22:15:53   
Laces

Yes! Or something that adds some spice to the BM skill tree
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/10/2012 22:33:38   
Stabilis

On the Blood Mage class (I was a BM before, yes)... skills that would fit nicely:

Assimilate, Blood Shield, Technician, Reroute (replacing Deadly Aim), *an offensive Support skill*, and possibly EMP Grenade.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
4/10/2012 22:35:35   
Mr. Black OP

^
Two energy drain skills?
Epic  Post #: 36
4/10/2012 22:38:44   
Stabilis

^

Either one, whichever would synergize in the class all-around, but yeah, only 1 of those 2 skills is enough.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
4/10/2012 23:24:17   
Hun Kingq

Plasma Rain finishes you off you must have very low tech, no armor, no energy armor or don't have Plasma armor activated. 30 to 40 damage
is not massive damage if you have good enough health. They use Plasma Bolt your next move is EMP and guess what they have no power from the
side arm or aux because of low strength and support. No one ever mentions what level that player was that destroyed them
what weapons they have or high that players tech or strength is. If it is high levels above you then they should be getting more damage then
lower level players but if it is lower level players with no enhancements and low tech then the skill needs to be looked at.

Looking at 1vs1 for once tech mages are getting above 90% win rate which means they are able to compete on the same level as other Classes.
The Blood Mage at 87% at number 1 is doing good but needs improvements to that class.

No one complains when at lower tech the bunker buster could get 40 to 50 damage especially in you have low dex even with physical armor on.

Even with my super High tech build 135 (39-47) +1 I rarely get between 40 to 50 damage that is even with players with low tech.

I just hope this is not an unnecessary nerf due to players bad builds and lack of proper equipment.

Deadly Aim won't be going anywhere anytime in the near or distant future, another resistance skill to replace another resistance skill that does not negate the affects of malfunction, nope. They made it clear that not all classes need an energy draining skill so EMP would be a big no from the staff Assimilation probably not then again they might replace Super Charge with Assimilation but probably not. You don't have to side with me but if you are a Blood Mage and standby allow players of other classes call for nerf after nerf then complains after it happens you might as well class change.
Epic  Post #: 38
4/11/2012 0:07:32   
Minus123

@Hun from pg 1
quote:

if they nerf fireball then Cheap Shot must be nerfed as well by taking out the part where it ignores a percentage of all defenses and the 25% chance to do a critical strike.

Taking out both would just means its a normal strike with an energy cost...

pg 2
quote:

Plasma Rain finishes you off you must have very low tech, no armor, no energy armor or don't have Plasma armor activated. 30 to 40 damage
is not massive damage if you have good enough health. They use Plasma Bolt your next move is EMP and guess what they have no power from the
side arm or aux because of low strength and support. No one ever mentions what level that player was that destroyed them
what weapons they have or high that players tech or strength is. If it is high levels above you then they should be getting more damage then
lower level players but if it is lower level players with no enhancements and low tech then the skill needs to be looked at.

That's the thing, most tm's I face have high health, high energy (usually enough for a plasma, a rain, and another plasma). And their plasma's damage can reach 82 damage, their plasma rain not trailing by much. Now imagine two of these in 2 v 2, it's of no use trying to put up an en shield (If you're a bounty) since your partner will most likely die, leaving you to be rage bolted. And I'm a lvl cap player, with the best f2p armor (By def/resist), and some of the best f2p gear.

edit: even If I use emp, they have enough hp to regain a bolt, usually around the time they rage.

< Message edited by Minus123 -- 4/11/2012 0:12:12 >
Post #: 39
4/11/2012 2:07:43   
comicalbike

bloodmages will rule after nerf i may be a bloodmage

Epic  Post #: 40
4/11/2012 3:18:15   
Arevero

If we nerf BMs, please don't say we need to nerf cheapshot, i mean how does those 2 even connect with each other ??? and DA being switched for SA is actually a great idea in my opinion. I mean Cybers are Hunters so guns do fit in, and SA gives BM a GREAT chance at DEX builds, something BMs are missing out on. and finally DA gives Cybers a go on SUP builds. A great switch to bring in more variety.

On topic...NEW PROMOTIONAL STUFF! Not that i need any, just like the arts and visual structure of items plus their stats

And a new robot sounds pretty cool, although not necessary right now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
4/11/2012 6:04:57   
Ranloth
Banned

I shouldn't say it but it's been going on for 2 pages so better tell than let you keep going and going:
There IS a change to BMs as well. It's not mentioned in DNs as they are unsure if they fit it in this week's release so might get pushed back until next week. That's why Cindy did not mention it in the DNs as people would get their hopes up and not see the release. It's matter of time Devs have - if they have enough then they'll include BM changes as well along with TM change, if not then just TM this week.

They aren't blind to see the issue with BMs. We can hope for what we were talking about in Balance Thread about BMs which would be great change.

@Arevero
This isn't Balance Topic and we discussed about it in there as well with DA and SA - by swapping you'd make CHs too strong even with old skill tree and cripple BMs more than they should. Luck skill is not as strong as DA and I doubt Devs would go for that option as it's too much of a buff.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
4/11/2012 6:07:58   
drinde

Why would we give the Cybers DA?

A +5 Focus Tank with Passive Armor and Passive Damage Boost... Imagine the horror.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 43
4/11/2012 6:21:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Drinde, we go by idea in Balance Thread of old skill tree, the pre-Plasma Armor one but it'd still be too much even with that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
4/11/2012 6:29:47   
Orian

Hmm maybe a new bot :o

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
4/11/2012 6:32:11   
drinde

And it would balance by..?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 46
4/11/2012 6:36:45   
Ranloth
Banned

I have no idea.. At first I supported it but if BMs lose Berzerker for Assimilation and you give them SA in place of DA, you've just killed a class completely. By giving DA to CHs with old skill tree, you give them Tanking builds (with SC) that can keep EMPing and have great Gun damage due to DA, so high Dex build would be even the best with E Armor as you get more blocks, higher chance of SC to land, high Gun damage, possibly high Aux damage and okay Primary damage.
BMs need a nerf but let's not make it an overkill.

@below
My bad! .______.

< Message edited by Trans -- 4/11/2012 6:52:31 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
4/11/2012 6:41:25   
drinde

Psssst. Lets move this to the Balance Thread before we get a warning.

@Above

I was referring to Orian...

On topic:

Go bunnies! Go, before I bake you to Oblivion!

< Message edited by drinde -- 4/11/2012 6:42:03 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 48
4/11/2012 9:46:27   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

Things that everyone is forgetting about the strength Blood Mage, they nerf fireball, a tier 1 skill and make it weak then it affects low levels too much and all tier 1 skills must to be matched in damage at all levels so if they weaken it then there is a lack of balance between all tier 1 attack skills if they nerf fireball then Cheap Shot must be nerfed as well by taking out the part where it ignores a percentage of all defenses and the 25% chance to do a critical strike. Then Double strike would have to be nerfed reducing the amount of damage it can dish out. Now on to Berzerker, everyone complains how weak the merc class is which they are not as weak as people think, it is a linked skill so if they nerf Berzerker it affects the merc class and if they Nerf Berzerker then they must nerf Massacre making it block-able and reducing the amount of damage.

Due to players having high Dex, High tech or both a blood mage has to increase stats the highest they can to get any substantial damage. You know the strength blood mage rely on physical Damage and have no energy regain and low defense and resistance. Increase your health, Use EMP, Atom smasher, Assimilation, Increase your Dex, wear physical armor, use shadow arts, use defense matrix, try different builds.

Stop trying to get an easy way by asking for nerfs use your heads, use your skills and figure out a build.

Nerfing fireball doesn't mean Cheap Shot or Double Strike need to be nerfed. double strike can be blocked, but it actually doesn't do that much more damage than strike
which is why it only has a 1 turn cooldown. Cheap shot again does even less damage than double strike, the reason players use it is the crit chance, otherwise it usually
does 2-3 more damage than strike, plus it has a 2 turn cooldown like Fireball. but I do hope they don't nerf Fireball, as it doesn't seem to need a nerf.

they don't need to nerf berzerker either, they just need to remove it from Blood Mages and give them Assimilate, they will still end up with a fun strength build, it just
won't require half the server to clone the build and stink up 1v1 and 2v2 modes. again, Massacre is a super skill, Berzerker isn't. the reason Massacre is unblockable
and does higher damage than Super Charge and Surgical Strike is it has no other bonuses, it's just raw damage.

if you really think that the majority of players switching to BM or TM is just an issue with other classes not making good builds then I don't know what else to say.

I play all classes, I love Tech Mage but I do not put forward ideas to favour the class, ever. I always try and be objective. BM needs doesn't need a buff or a nerf,
it needs changes. they are not out to target a player base, or a specific class for unfair treatment, only to address balance issues.

I know EMP wrecks BM's, but it also wrecks most builds. that is nothing new. I definitely vote for a SERIOUS nerf to EMP.

quote:

@Nightwraith_ED
Haven't completed the Bionic Battalion Missions? Better hurry, because we're progressing the story this week.
from NW's Twitter

Posts merged, please use the edit button instead of double posting. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 4/11/2012 23:20:38 >
Post #: 49
4/11/2012 14:45:00   
ngshuyi94

I assume that Friday the 13 Cheevo will be coming back this friday, right?

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= April 10th Design Notes
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition