Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/22/2013 20:03:52   
TRizZzCENTRINO

well, now strength abuse is no more but support abuse rises to replace strength, support abuse techmages are running around destroying balanced builds, especially tactical mercenaries who has little to no resistance protection with blood shield.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/22/2013 20:14:16   
  RabbleFroth

The problem with the difference in Def/Res scaling was that Energy damage was just arbitrarily less powerful than Physical damage.

quote:

RabbleFroth, So basically you nerfed Plasma Cannon, Plasma Rain, Overload, and Super Charge on the Blood Mage side.

Plasma Bolt, Plasma Rain, Overload, and Super charge on the tech Mage side.

Actually they were all buffed since Resistance will not be as high given the same amount of Tech on your opponent.
Post #: 27
2/22/2013 20:16:03   
xxmirxx

there still same rabble theres no buff or nerf
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
2/22/2013 20:17:32   
midnight assassin

Rabble Are you planning to nerf support because I can see abusers lots of abusers as of now.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/22/2013 20:21:02   
  RabbleFroth

Additional note: Even if you had 100 Tech, you only lost 3 Resistance from this change.

Though all changes apparently spell doomsday for one class or another, so you're still free to run for the hills. ;)
Post #: 30
2/22/2013 20:25:13   
King FrostLich

Are you planning on returning broken weapon drops? It's so hard to get credits and buffing NPC's as well as giving lower credits upon defeating lower level ones isn't as easy as you think.
Epic  Post #: 31
2/22/2013 20:25:55   
Sir Xander

THIS IS BULL Are you sure you made an adjustment to how 1st turn works? im against level 35s with no support and I still go last and die within 2 turns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/22/2013 20:34:08   
Goony
Constructive!

@Sir Xander, in 2v2 battles the calculation is much the same as 1v1, but it uses team support and team level to determine the teams chance to go 1st and the chance is determined by the value of both players support and level.

So to get the maximum advantage to go 1st, if all players are the same level, your teams support would need to be 34 support more than the opposing team!

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/22/2013 21:12:19 >
Epic  Post #: 33
2/22/2013 20:40:42   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Are you planning on returning broken weapon drops? It's so hard to get credits and buffing NPC's as well as giving lower credits upon defeating lower level ones isn't as easy as you think.

NPCs are a bit harder than we want them to be right now. We wanted to make another pass on them this week, but unfortunately it was deprioritized so that we could get some other important issues resolved.

We're not sure what the future for broken items (and item drops in general) is just yet.
Post #: 34
2/22/2013 21:03:47   
King FrostLich

Instead of saying Resistance now scales the same with Defense, why not say Technology scales the same as Dexterity in terms of stat points. Also can you buff the amount of points it gives? Let's say at 74 dexterity, instead of having 23-28 defense, it gives 25-30 defense? There are still support abusers and casters capable of doing large amounts of damage.
Epic  Post #: 35
2/22/2013 21:12:27   
FrostWolv

quote:

New Limited Quantity swords available on the Alydroid in Frysteland
Azrael's Reaper (Physical)
Azrael's Spirit (Energy)
Both include the Mark of Azrael core (+5% Crit Chance)

Nice weapons ..... cool art .... love them

quote:

Rusted Assault Bot
Now the Assault Bot P (energy version now Assault Bot E)

more focus build options

quote:

Players can now earn up to 7 Blue Stars
Dropped initial language file load by ~25%

more of awesomeness

quote:

Each point of damage now requires 4.5 point of Strength, up from 4

better str nerf by focusing on STR stat

quote:

Defense and Resistance now scale at the same rate (previously you would get more Resistance per Technology than Defense per Dexterity)

less tanks ... fast battle

quote:

Stun Grenade energy cost lowered by 3

worth it

quote:

Hybrid Armour now requires Support instead of Dexterity

Over nerf for Merc who always likes to plays with str build

quote:

First Strike overhaul:

essentially needed

Overall satisfying Update
thanks RabbleFroth and his team

Epic  Post #: 36
2/22/2013 21:12:46   
theholyfighter

quote:

What

about

Plasma

Grenade?

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 2/22/2013 21:13:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/22/2013 21:28:48   
Assassin01

My res hasn't been this low since I was a lower level player,good thing I'm close to 35.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/22/2013 21:40:13   
sky222

GG I almost always go first since I'm a level 32 with ~110 supp
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/22/2013 21:53:39   
JDM

I think hybrid armor was better off requiring dexterity, because now im seeing all these extreme support abuser mercs with like no points in tech or dex or str, just support.. And i think something needs to be done about tech mages honestly because something just doesn't feel right about them, im seeing a awful lot of mages now..
Epic  Post #: 40
2/22/2013 22:39:56   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yup, this was no different from the balance at the start of omega, except that now the strength abuse is turned to support abuse, i feel that with this update the balance has gotten worse.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/22/2013 23:16:37   
Yo son

well what can I say trizz, the homo sapiens species is highly selfish and self centered. How is it in under 2 hours of the update, the number of mercs dropped and the number of mages just shot up the roof, like seriously, how is it that a build spreads so quickly? thanks to the new promo items, high support mages with that combo is even more annoying than strength mercs. Seriously why is it players take advantages of the stupid mistakes the devs make? and the devs take advantage of the players rolling along with it.

Some one tell me what the point is for asking for a nerf?

Post #: 42
2/22/2013 23:28:05   
ale6300

Cant Play with my bounty hunter for these support tech mages, start first, can crit a lot with the azrael aux destroy my energy shields, Prefer the str mercenary back because can block her attacks, but now 2 or 3 K.O without chance to block.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/22/2013 23:28:26   
Darkoake445

People also have to remember that some were those classes while they were weak. Over here, I've been a Tech Mage through the thick and thin.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/22/2013 23:31:10   
JDM

@Yo Son

Who knows, maybe they weren't mistakes if you get what i mean..

And it may never end, its like an endless cycle... :/

< Message edited by JDM -- 2/22/2013 23:35:36 >
Epic  Post #: 45
2/23/2013 0:14:18   
Dimentic

Sup with critical? Every fight I am critted at least once?!

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 46
2/23/2013 0:46:02   
DestruRaGe

quote:

What about plasma grenade I ask? Its not better than stun grenade so why not lower its cost too?
Besides Tacticals has a better energy regain source, bounties doesnt but still they have hp regen and a little energy regen from reflex boost.
Epic  Post #: 47
2/23/2013 0:58:04   
upgradefire

did they really change who goes first in duels. im finding that still the people with low support go first when i have way more support
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/23/2013 1:00:43   
Silver Sky Magician

Agree with Dimentic. The crit rate is ridiculous. I've been critted at least once per game and lost three battles in a row as a result. And most of my opponents didn't even have that much support. Crits need to be nerfed, say a flat rate of +10 damage rather than ignoring 50% of defense and an arbitrary damage increase that isn't in the official crit formula but nevertheless undeniably exists?

By the way, EVERY freaking battle isn't an exaggeration. I'm keeping count.

At this rate, the number of support builds is going to go through the roof for a different reason: AVOIDING crits.

EDIT: I've calmed down, but I believe that my point still stands.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/23/2013 1:20:51 >
Post #: 49
2/23/2013 1:02:01   
ansh0

Uhm.. I don't know why the staff ignored this but why are the OVERPOWERED promos untouched?

Anyone with:

Platinums Pride
Azrael promos(new)
Omega Onslaughter

Is pretty much guaranteed a win.

Your chances of winning no matter how good your build is?

~10%

Do you plan on leaving them untouched?
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition