Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 22«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2015 1:41:10   
flashbang

^
I'd kinda like that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 151
5/2/2015 1:42:13   
Daimyo Daimyo

quote:

why does the guardian dragon attack do beacon damage?
Must be all the McDrakel Bacon Burgers he eats.
MQ  Post #: 152
5/2/2015 1:44:47   
VJ

I like the bacon damage as it is helpful as I am playing the Tomix final quest chain to be able to play the newest one for one of my alts.

Void monsters weak against bacon and the Guardian Dragon does bacon attack, hehe.
Post #: 153
5/2/2015 2:00:40   
mahasamatman

after the update, will it be available for DA?
DF  Post #: 154
5/2/2015 2:03:36   
flashbang

I hope not.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 155
5/2/2015 2:05:58   
monstervet

thats a good question, i kinda agree with flashbang it was supposed to be an extra for getting guardianship in AQ, kinda lowers its specialness, but at the same time i dont mind if DA's get it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 156
5/2/2015 2:15:23   
ShimmerSoul

Guardian v2 has me pretty much blown away. Haven't had the chance to look over the skills thoroughly, but it's passed the Razen test with flying colors. My only complaint is a minor cosmetic one: The female version's eyes look...odd from a distance. Up close, I like them, but from a distance (i.e. the way the screen is normally zoomed in battle), it looks like she hasn't slept in many, many years. Now that's diligence! :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 157
5/2/2015 2:38:16   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

I used Awethur and it did 10376 damage (first time I used it). Assuming that's like the PumpkinLord effect, how rare is it?

EDIT: It's 1%. Maybe I should get a guardianship...

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 5/2/2015 2:39:16 >
DF  Post #: 158
5/2/2015 2:39:24   
flashbang

To quote Ash, 1%

EDIT: Even if it's for this class, it still supports AE. You should go for it, Hopeful. And if you ever do start playing AQ, it'll be a better experience.

< Message edited by flashbang -- 5/2/2015 2:46:18 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 159
5/2/2015 2:50:27   
mahasamatman

I think the class is a wee bit too powerful. It feels much more like tier 3 than 2.

It has 2 extremely powerful attacks (dragon and rage) plus a guaranteed crit, awethur's, and other attacks having good damage, so it's very good on the offense.
The elemental locks slightly reduce versatility, and long cooldowns reduce long-term damage, but the offensive is still overwhelming.

it has shield, heal HP, heal MP, vortex, a FOUR-TURN STUN (that has 3 hits!), and heroes (a really good debuff), so it's very good on the defensive as well.

I defeated the impossible crawler with it quite easily, without using potions. It has offensive powers not much weaker than those of Riftwalker, and much better offensive, making it very powerful in terms of tier 3.

I would suggest reducing the stun to the usual 3 turns, and maybe have heroes give -40% BTH instead of 50%, and it will be more balanced.
The 4-turn stun has a huge impact on the battle course, especially with a 3-hit attack. It is simply too much.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 5/2/2015 3:03:17 >

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 160
5/2/2015 5:07:25   
Chazero

So I have a few issues with the class but it's about the aesthetics. First, when I loaded in the armor, my eyebrows were white. Thankfully, that can be fixed by just changing my hair color in a barber shop. Second, what is that thing on my belly that changes with my hair color? It just stands out when my hair is black and that thing is black when the rest of the cloth has nothing black on it.

Edit: It seems that thing on my belly only appears when I change my hair color.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 5/2/2015 5:41:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
5/2/2015 5:10:56   
Sflamin

^Guardian being tier 3 which can only be obtained through verifying AQ guardianship seems preety reasonable to me. And there are quite a handful of other skills that are elemental locked, making guardian less reliable against certain type of opponent.
DF  Post #: 162
5/2/2015 6:18:18   
s_venom

Ash: I think there is a bug with this armor with the weapon Time core Edge.
When in battle you can't change the element of the weapon. You can change it in cutscenes.

< Message edited by s_venom -- 5/2/2015 9:20:06 >
AQ DF  Post #: 163
5/2/2015 7:37:02   
tthorn4

Alright, I must say, I am LOVING the class! Got a Powerword Die last night and instantly knew what happened. 9921 damage will do that... Thanks for making my favorite class viable again, Cronix and Ash!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 164
5/2/2015 8:05:56   
kpnut

Got to agree with the idea of Guardian being tier 3 and not tier 2 due to how its obtained. Although I would have thought the character's eye colour would be blue rather than amber (as it is with the rest of the newer art for classes.) I actually like the white part of the armour (or at lesat it's white for me) as it adds some nice contrast to the rest of it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 165
5/2/2015 8:18:05   
LigerBeard

Like the new look of the class, and it plays rather well, but... There's a slight glitch with the eyebrows that keeps them blonde. And my character's hair is black.

I don't know why, but it made it look weirder close up.

But other than that, awesome job!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 166
5/2/2015 8:36:51   
Sakurai the Cursed

The shield doesn't take effect until the turn after you use it... Is that intended?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
5/2/2015 10:25:50   
Brasca123

loved the class, a shame rage does not have 2 turns cooldown anymore, but that was expected

i'm pretty sure that DA holders will not have access to it, it's exclusive to AQ guardians, i would want it any other way, it's an incentive for people buying guardianship after all

the class is a tier 2 from what ash said, and, even if it is stronger than a normal tier 2, it pays with the huge amount of ele lock skills, so it should be fine
AQ DF  Post #: 168
5/2/2015 10:40:24   
Azan

quote:

The shield doesn't take effect until the turn after you use it... Is that intended?

Yes, I was wondering about that. It makes the Razen fight much harder when you can't start the fight with adequate protection...
Post #: 169
5/2/2015 10:58:01   
Ash

quote:

why does the guardian dragon attack do beacon damage?

To keep to the feel of the original effect in AQ. There it did "Element X" which is our version of Bacon.

quote:

This isn't really an issue, but I just got the nsod special, and the rift, or whatever it is, was pointing slightly backward and into the ground

I'll see if I can move the weapon to be like the other classes in terms of position during a special.

quote:

for those of us that had already fully trained the armor will we have to retrain it all over again?

No. You'll have it fully trained once it becomes the live version.

quote:

after the update, will it be available for DA?

If the live version isn't now, it won't be then. DA's get the ability to test classes before they go out, even ones they might not get to use. Things like DC and Calender classes can be tested but even if you bought a DA you may not be able to buy them. Same concept.

quote:

It has 2 extremely powerful attacks (dragon and rage) plus a guaranteed crit, awethur's, and other attacks having good damage, so it's very good on the offense.
The elemental locks slightly reduce versatility, and long cooldowns reduce long-term damage, but the offensive is still overwhelming.

There's two reasons for this.

1. It has a special offer bonus. This allows me to give better defensive and offensive aspects for a larger cooldown and in some cases cost. It does that.

2. Element locking something means that you get more power on that skill because you can't change the element and it may bite you in the rear in certain areas where you need to use that. Non-standard element's don't get much of a boost at all but when you look at how many of those skills have some sort of lock on them that will answer your question as to why it's strong.

quote:

The 4-turn stun has a huge impact on the battle course, especially with a 3-hit attack. It is simply too much.

It's not always a 4 turn stun. The original Guardian had a 10 turn, EVERY TURN has a chance to stun. I took the 10 turns away and now the game rolls for several different length stuns with the longest (not 10 turns) requiring closer and closer to a 1% chance. I tried to keep to the feel of the original armor.

quote:

First, when I loaded in the armor, my eyebrows were white. Thankfully, that can be fixed by just changing my hair color in a barber shop. Second, what is that thing on my belly that changes with my hair color? It just stands out when my hair is black and that thing is black when the rest of the cloth has nothing black on it.

I copied the coding off other armors that are supposed to change your colors on load. They aren't working for whatever reason. I also thought I pulled the CC coding that wasn't supposed to be on the cloth off. I'll take care of that in a bit.

quote:

I think there is a bug with this armor with the weapon Time core Edge.
When in battle you can't change the element of the weapon. You can change it in cutscenes.

Not exactly sure why. I'll see if I can figure out why the selection isn't working.

quote:

It should be working like every other shield skill in the game as the coding is identical.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 170
5/2/2015 11:20:40   
deather98

Im using dragonblaster with the class against U.M.A. and the color of the edge isnt changing showing the trigger of a dragon....anyone else have this problem?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 171
5/2/2015 12:07:22   
GreenGuy23

Ash (and anyone else at AE who might have worked on it), Thank You SO MUCH for this upate. I just loaded up the class, and almost cried. The Class looks AMAZING. Mine is CC Black/Gold (Looks AMAZING) and I just have to say, thank you so much. Haven't battle tested it yet, but oh my gosh this is amazing. Just looking at it now, I know this will be my favorite class.

Also, I have to ask, I've seen things about a skill that just a TON of damage at a 1% chance. Does increasing your Luck stat make that a higher chance?

*sigh* back from a break (left around February or so?), been a while.
Forgive my ignorance of recent events, please.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 172
5/2/2015 12:15:46   
dragon_monster

^Most likely no luck in this game does not actually increases your luck.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 173
5/2/2015 12:23:48   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

It's not very noticeable in Low Quality, but the Fallen Heroes skill is extremely laggy due to the detail on 6 extra characters. Is there anything that can be done about this? AFAIK the titan Kathool elf spirit attack doesn't do this.

Can we get "x HP/MP recovered!" messages for the HP and MP Drains?

Overall quite full of flavor, great class!

Got the Awethur trigger on Doctor When, proceeded to crit for 20000. Amazing.

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 5/2/2015 12:25:30 >
DF AQW  Post #: 174
5/2/2015 12:53:10   
Ash

I'm not sure if I can fix Fallen Heroes as it currently is. The skill uses direct copies, with a filter over them, of the class's walk animation. That makes it really really large. I don't have the ability to reanimate things of that size so the most I can do is either copy in the old guardian spirit animation from the old class or try and remove some of the current ones and make them "float" over instead of walk.

Yes, I can add the popups in the next update.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 22«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition