Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 22«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2015 17:04:40   
flashbang

@Darius 2 new helms, a cape for fully-trained Guardians, and a new Blade with a static range with the new art will be added to GB shop. This means you can get both the old and new Blades.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 201
5/2/2015 17:34:57   
godofthunder4

I JUST learned about the Guardian revamp. So is the Guardian available to any Dragon Amulet player, and you don't need an AdventureQuest account to unlock it?
DF  Post #: 202
5/2/2015 17:38:06   
Chaoshaper

Its just the testing. When its all ready for its final release, its gonna go back to being Guardian only.

The revamp is amazing, and its so much stronger than before :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 203
5/2/2015 17:46:00   
Daimyo Daimyo

The only bad part is the Multi is locked to energy but otherwise this is a great class.
MQ  Post #: 204
5/2/2015 18:03:47   
Alm Nullamors

As a DL user, that part really wasn't such a bother. I can't fault this Guardian Class one bit.

The Dark DragonLord Rises...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 205
5/2/2015 18:22:48   
VJ

I agree Necro, being a DL user myself its no big deal really.
Post #: 206
5/2/2015 18:26:27   
Azan

Shield taking effect the turn after its use seems to be fixed! Thank you Ash!

Edit: Hmm... however, the problem seems like it's still there for the Vortex skill. You don't evade the next attack, but the attack after it.

< Message edited by Azan -- 5/2/2015 18:31:17 >
Post #: 207
5/2/2015 18:43:59   
Pisaster

@azan I was noticing that too earlier
Also, as much as I love it, I definitely think the stun should get nerfed. It seems like I get 5 turns of stun more often than not, and in the time I've tested I've yet to see a three turn stun. I've only tried been paying attention for the last five or six tries of course, so it could just be sample bias, but given how powerful the rest of the class is I think it could survive somewhat lower probabilities.

Edit: Tested more and got a few threes, but the average is still quite high. The numbers probably work out fine on powerful bosses, and at least from what I've seen I don't think the current stun is too much there, but I am worried about quests. The stun only costs 30 mana and even as a level 46 the mana steal gives me 74 mana, so to beat a long quest I can just stun when I'm low on mana, use regen, and then kill the enemy with normal attacks. This strategy works with other classes too, but because of how long the stun can be, I can do it on even high health enemies without worrying about the stun running out before the attack button finishes them. Furthermore, guardian also has a heal that only costs 35 mana, so I can use stun, mana steal, and heal on one enemy, and only set myself back one mana. At higher levels this same strategy will probably increase your mana in addition to healing you, and, again, because of how long the stun often is I don't have to use any other skills or risk getting hit. I think lowering the chance of long stuns would help force players to strategize their resource use a bit more so that they can't heal up on every enemy. (Even with multiple enemies, if you take a couple guests with you, stun the highest health enemy, have your guests finish off the weaker ones in a turn [which plenty are powerful enough to do], the length of your stuns will still be long enough to compensate for the enemies' increased health much of the time)

< Message edited by Pisaster -- 5/2/2015 19:15:44 >
Post #: 208
5/2/2015 18:52:38   
GreenGuy23

I heard somewhere on here that there will be special cape/helm/weapon in the Guardian Blade shop. Does anyone know when this will come out, and if they will be CC?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 209
5/2/2015 18:59:57   
admahu

From Ash,

quote:

You'll get two helms (one with the closed face plate and one with the open face) and a cape that you can use once you fully train the armor. The "new" guardian blade art will get added as a new weapon in the current shop where you get the old one. That weapon will have a static range (i.e. 60-60 or whatever it's supposed to be per level) to be a nice alternate to the full random range of the current blade. Both old and new will be available so you can have the choice of static or random.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 210
5/2/2015 19:01:03   
kpnut

Ash is there any chance of the eyes getting changed, my character looks kinda out of it although the scar is a nice touch.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 211
5/2/2015 19:03:51   
GreenGuy23

@admahu What does that mean by static?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 212
5/2/2015 19:05:28   
admahu

It means it will always do the same damage, instead of a range. Ash uses 60 in his example.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 213
5/2/2015 19:07:36   
GreenGuy23

Aaah Awesome!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 214
5/2/2015 19:26:35   
flashbang

I just noticed that scar and it is awesome.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 215
5/2/2015 20:18:30   
VJ

I was wondering something Ash, as good & evil elements been added to the rage list of elements or is it automatic?
Post #: 216
5/2/2015 20:28:58   
Ash

quote:

Ash is there any chance of the eyes getting changed, my character looks kinda out of it although the scar is a nice touch.

To what color?

quote:

I was wondering something Ash, as good & evil elements been added to the rage list of elements or is it automatic?

Fire, water, stone, wind, ice, nature, metal, light, energy, darkness, and bacon are the only elements it should be choosing from. Good and Evil are ideas and aren't an actual "element" in terms of what the skill should choose from.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 217
5/2/2015 20:31:04   
VJ

Thanks I was just wondering as weapons have good and evil and wasn't sure if they was included or not.
Post #: 218
5/2/2015 20:43:53   
DarkLore

how about soulless? I loved EPL as that had them too. I also could have sworn Cronix stated the guardian's cloth would CC.

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 5/2/2015 20:50:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
5/2/2015 20:52:03   
Ash

The CC coding broke and wouldn't load properly. It was also set to hair, not armor and wouldn't actually look like anything but more armor, so I took it off so the armor would actually work.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 220
5/2/2015 21:23:57   
kpnut

@Ash I don't mean the colour, I mean the shape like I said with a female character they make her look kinda out of it as if she's recently been under anaesthetic.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 221
5/2/2015 22:02:47   
Zork Knight

When the armor is actually released, could we have a non-CC version of it and the items?

Although, having the code for the colors would be easier...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 222
5/2/2015 22:43:53   
Solargeo

I love the new look. Need a helm. gotta find one. Not really though. Still wished this could be a guardian armor for aqw. even aq it self. Hey it is awesome looking.

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 5/2/2015 22:45:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 223
5/2/2015 23:11:50   
Ifghar

Are the damage percentages/affects for the abilities posted anywhere? I looked through the earlier pages of this forum and the design notes, but to no avail.

< Message edited by Ifghar -- 5/3/2015 1:45:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 224
5/2/2015 23:15:37   
Zork Knight

Ash will post them monday. I think.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 22«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition