Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 11«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/3/2014 13:59:32   
Variation

@Rui.: Parasite and assimilation shouldn't be compared. Tech Mage's main energy skill requires no class specific weapon for a reason. Parasite is Blood Mage's only skill that allows them to drain/gain energy and therefore shouldn't have a class specific requirement. Mercenaries' static smash should be the same way, but I guess the developers hold back from it considering its massive drain/gain.

Also lets analyze the buffs.

You're saying that a minimum of 10 energy per round and 85% damage is uncontrollable? Please explain how that is. Some classes can gain 300+ energy in one round. Blood Mages just get a guaranteed 30 energy per 3 rounds that is completely balanced. Also 85% damage on parasite automatically places a drawback on parasite considering you will do less damage than a normal strike, so that is justified.

Blood Mage is perfectly balanced the way it is. Parasite should retain the support and no weapon requirement.

< Message edited by Variation -- 1/23/2015 13:21:15 >
Post #: 76
7/3/2014 14:08:49   
Rui.
Banned

The comparision is perfect cause those are the only skills that can deal damage and get back energy.When a merc\tlm\bounty\cyber used energy drain move he looses 1 turn of inflicting damage and rage gain while letting the opponent damage them and gain rage. Why dont you justify how a mere change or adding a weapon requirement can completely unbalance this so called perfectly balances class that seems to get 98% wins according to ghost god, who is tired winning 98% of the fights and now is trying to make a build to actually try and loose.

< Message edited by Rui. -- 7/3/2014 14:15:04 >
Post #: 77
7/3/2014 14:18:19   
Variation

I already did. No class should be forced to use a class specific weapon to gain energy.

Also I've gotten 95%+ as Mercenary, Tech Mage, Bounty Hunter, and Blood Mage. Does that mean they should all be nerfed? No. Not every person that plays those classes gets extremely high ratios, it takes skill.
Post #: 78
7/3/2014 14:25:19   
Rui.
Banned

No class should be forced to use support to gain energy will be the next argument to make blood mages even more op, in the days to come. 95% on all classes is just a number .. Justifies nothing until proven.. Ghost god said the same.. I can get 90% wins off any class cause i am soo pro and skilled but then just backed off completly. So unless you can prove you win 95 fights against a player out of 100 in a video lets keep that number aside. Tech mages need a staff for their skill and now since parasite is unblockable with 85% damage its essential for it to have a staff requirement. Your statement no class should need a class based weapon to drain energy holds no good. Infact it should be the other war around.

< Message edited by Rui. -- 7/3/2014 14:34:15 >
Post #: 79
7/3/2014 14:50:15   
Jacobfarrow1

@Rui.
The difference between Tech Mages' and Blood Mages' energy regain is that TMs have two ways of gaining, and the one that gives the most back normally does NOT require any weapon. Blood Mages' energy regain does lower damage, waits over 3 turns, and can be negated by the opponent draining their own energy.

Also, winning 9 battles and losing 1 in a video could also prove a 90% win rate, seeing as 9/10 = 0.90 and 90/100 = 0.90.

One more thing: Ghost God never said anything about being pro or skilled, just that he could get a 90% win rate with any class. Also, he was correct in saying the BLOOD MAGE Discussion Thread is not the place for arguments about win rates and the like. Mocking him also doesn't help either.

Mocking is this:
quote:

Ghost god said the same.. I can get 90% wins off any class cause i am soo pro and skilled

Acting as if the person said something they didn't is also quite a bit like mocking, and is frowned upon.
The part in bold is what Ghost God did NOT say.

If you want to continue the argument with Ghost God or myself, take it in-game or through Private Messaging. This is not the place for it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
7/3/2014 15:00:31   
Rui.
Banned

Here is the post about ghost god. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21714666&mpage=2 claiming she is too tired winning. My point isnt about assimilation .. Its adding a wep requirement to parasite thats all
Post #: 81
7/3/2014 15:00:37   
Variation

quote:

No class should be forced to use a class specific weapon to gain energy.
That is what I said.
Tech Mages have a skill just for gaining energy that doesn't require a class specific weapon, and Cyber Hunters as well. So why should parasite, Blood Mage's only skill to gain energy have a staff requirement? Static Charge is unblockable and does 100% damage should that have a wrist blade requirement? No.

A staff requirement on Energy Parasite is a completely unnecessary nerf. This game is turning into trash because players are constantly requesting nerfs that aren't even needed.

Proof

97%+ and most of that came from playing Tech Mage and Bounty Hunter, not Blood Mage.

< Message edited by Variation -- 7/3/2014 15:03:51 >
Post #: 82
7/3/2014 15:04:35   
Ranloth
Banned

^ I have a document with my (older) balance changes, which rid the game of weapon requirements on crucial skills - namely likes of Assimilation and Static Smash - and puts them in different places, where it would allow variety at a cost, not being forced to use a specific weapon to compete.

quote:

This game is turning into trash because players are constantly requesting nerfs that aren't even needed.

And this.
AQ Epic  Post #: 83
7/3/2014 15:11:37   
Rui.
Banned

Cyber cant rage on the skill and moreover just gets back 100 energy which has nothing to do with draining energy skills as the discussion suggests. Nothing you say justifies why class based weapons are not needed for parasite. Plus you got that point wrong.. Games turns trash when people beg for boosting their class when its not needed in a short staff game which can hardly test their own updates let alone a balance tracker. To add that picture proves nothing.. A dex mage at low levels gets as much wins.. I can level up to 27 with 90% wins and then just npc all my way to the top.

< Message edited by Rui. -- 7/3/2014 15:15:42 >
Post #: 84
7/3/2014 16:37:01   
Jacobfarrow1

@Rui
You said you wanted proof. You got your proof, yet you say the said proof means nothing... Also, nobody said what level range they needed to get 90%, so your "up to 27" is irrelevant.
Also, Cyber Hunters don't need a class-specific weapon to DRAIN energy, either. EMP Grenade doesn't need Wristblades, and neither does Static Charge.
Also, they don't get back a fixed 100, like you claim. It depends on the skill level and damage the attack does, which means they can get back much more or much less than just 100 Energy.

"Nothing you say justifies"
Well, that seems a bit unwilling to see other opinions. I could say nothing you post in this topic justifies why Staves are needed for Parasite, yet both you and I have no proof backing up this statement whatsoever.

"Plus you got that point wrong"
How do you know the reason Trans posted isn't just ONE of many? Your reason is as correct as the one Trans posted. There isn't always just one correct answer, there can be many.

"A dex mage at low levels gets as much wins"
Mind posting your low level dex mage with over 2000 wins for us to see? Otherwise, I call bs on that statement. If you can't show valid proof to back up your argument, whats the point of even listening to it?

I'm guessing you'll say "I don't need to show you any proof" next, yet we have shown why you do.
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
7/3/2014 17:23:31   
Rui.
Banned

mistake 1. That pic prooves nothing. Mistake 2. Cybers static has nothing to do with energy steal.. Even tho i made it explicit above you continue to tag on it for no reason. Mistake 3. Emp needs energy it is not a free move so whats ur point here? Mistake 4. You failed to read that only 1 other skill exists that can damage and gain energy thats assim so only fair this requires a staff requirment.. Your justification ? None i assume.. Mistake 5. You except to nosebutt trans and my convo and demand explaination lol wut ? what 2k wins do you want me to show and why? If you want me to show you something obvious ur mistaken aint happening. So what exactly are you looking out for ? Any value add to this thread i really guess not.. If you need a reply in future make sure you actually are helping the thread else i aint gonna bother replying.. This isnt the first time tho.. Looks like frusturation of loosing against me game is emerging here thats all :) most of this could have been pmed fyi
Post #: 86
7/3/2014 17:38:30   
Variation

@Jacob don't waste your time with Rui. he's only in this thread so he can become more powerful and that is apparent. I don't see how people can be so fixated on winning that they believe anything that beats them is overpowered. That mentality is destroying this game that has so much potential. I'm done with this thread for now. I've explained all of my points and I won't waste anymore effort arguing over such a useless suggested nerf.

< Message edited by Variation -- 1/14/2015 23:06:56 >
Post #: 87
7/3/2014 17:40:57   
lionblades

Hey Variation I sent you a PM. Can you check you inbox? :D
AQW  Post #: 88
7/3/2014 17:51:02   
Jacobfarrow1

I agree with you, Variation, except I will point one thing out to Rui.:

"Looks like frusturation of loosing against me game"
1. Horrible grammar.
2. I've never fought you in the game, so your point is moot.

"what 2k wins do you want me to show and why?"
You claimed, in this quote, that Variation's wins could be easily achieved by a Low Level Dex Mage, and Variation has over 2000 wins. So, I asked to see your proof that a low level Dex Mage could get over 2000 wins with a win rate like that. I'd like to see your 2k wins on this dex mage you claimed could get that, and I have spoken why.

Alright, I'm tired of arguing with an ignoramus. I'll be responding to Rui. no longer (Correct grammar).
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
7/3/2014 17:59:58   
Rui.
Banned

I havent asked for any buffs to my class whatsoever. I change classes perhaps once a month. Never in 4 years have i said i am weak make me strong. The way you talk isnt gonna change the fact that blood mages are extremly overpowered at legendary ranks. Players like you who support this opnedd end up destroying balance and thats about it. You take this thread and change it into i want to be op lol what knowing the only reason your a bm is cause its unbeatable unless you fight another bm. It doesnt change the fact that the suggestion is much needed for the recent buffs to parasite. @jacob it isnt surprising that a blood mage agrees with another blood mage... Secondly if you read what i said about dex mages i said "i can" i dont npc and never will. Yes my grammer is bad cant help it i dont recheck and have my keyboard's auto correct disabled, thank you for reminding this games for a younger audience that requires immaculate grammer to understand.

< Message edited by Rui. -- 7/3/2014 18:18:30 >
Post #: 90
7/3/2014 18:20:04   
Jacobfarrow1

Actually, the reason I'm a Blood Mage is that it's my favorite class in terms of background, style, and because it is fun. Blood Mage was the class I fell in love with when I started the game, and I have finally been able to use it.

Also, Blood Mage isn't unbeatable. I lose to any class or player that is more skilled than I, as long as no RNG is involved in giving one side an advantage. Maybe you aren't as skilled as the BMs you lose to (Except High Health Strength spammers, gawd they're annoying)?

One more thing: The nerf you propose isn't just going to be affecting the BMs who have Legendary Ranks... it's going to affect the lower levels, too, which are going to get nerfed if this happens.

I don't use the OP Health Str or Dex Caster builds, I use the one I find fun: 5 Focus. I have a weakness, and that is I don't have good defenses. If you deal enough damage, I can't outheal, and I lose. Intimidate works for Strength spammers, by the way.

Oh, and Pyro Fly is amazing for screwing over BMs. If you lock their Energy Parasite, they're pretty much screwed. Too bad it's rare now, it could have helped you, Rui..

Anyways, I don't speak for the Legendary Rankers, I speak for the lower levels. A change like this will affect every Blood Mage at every level.

I nor any of the other posters in this thread have not said "i want to be op", and you are the one asking for a nerf. Not us.

EDIT: I know, it's not a surprise for people with similar vocations to side together.

Also, when I was Tech Mage, I was all for the nerfs we received. Didn't matter I was getting weaker, it just meant I had to be more creative. Try it sometimes, it's fun.

< Message edited by Jacobfarrow1 -- 7/3/2014 18:22:01 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
7/3/2014 18:28:26   
Rui.
Banned

if your a low level bm its hardly gonna make any difference, sowrd and staff dont really make a significant diff at low level anyways. I see you have given up on your high level cyber lol nice. Not dont tell me the extra 5 on the other char isnt you. Let me add something else here for you blood mage lovers.. This thread is here to balance out the classes.. If you think an idea suggested is not helping fight the idea dont start attacking me.. Or the poster.. That just shows your maturity. However .. I undertand the games now targeting kids..

< Message edited by Rui. -- 7/3/2014 18:32:19 >
Post #: 92
7/3/2014 18:40:49   
Jacobfarrow1

??? What cyber are you talking about? I was a Cyber before BM, but I'm not anymore. This is my best account, Jacob555. It was my Cyber, now it's my Blood Mage.

I just checked with the Char pages, Jacob5555 is Level 2, and is a Bounty Hunter... So what are you talking about? Jacob555 was a Cyber before, now it's not.

Could you give me a link to the char page of the character you are referencing? I have no idea what you're talking about...

And I say low level because to most 40s, anything below 35 is low level, and I am Level 32.

Also Rui., we WERE attacking the idea. I haven't insulted you, or said anything false about you. I simply showed why I felt the idea wasn't a good one.

I agree, the game is now targeting children, so maybe more people with your mindset will come to help you. There, that's what an attack to you is. Compare it with the other posts.
AQW Epic  Post #: 93
7/3/2014 18:50:24   
Rui.
Banned

quote:

@Jacob don't waste your time with Rui. he's only in this thread so he can become more powerful and that is apparent. I don't see how people can be so fixated on winning that they believe anything that beats them is overpowered. That mentality is destroying this game that has so much potential
i was refering to this.. And your concorrence on this shows your in the same page.
Post #: 94
7/4/2014 15:13:49   
dfo99

without energy parasite any bm can't win a smart dex tm without luck.
Post #: 95
7/4/2014 15:38:07   
Jacobfarrow1

That is correct, dfo99. Which is why Pyro Fly is so useful against Blood Mages, having the ability to completely stop them from using Energy Parasite.
AQW Epic  Post #: 96
7/4/2014 15:55:21   
Ranloth
Banned

The same can be said about any other build/class.

Although, if we're gonna argue about the Support requirement, there's no point. All the reasoning is above already, and Devs won't change the skill, because it's illogical and doesn't promote variety nor allow more creative builds, but instead, it does quite the opposite - even more Strength abuse due to lower requirement.
AQ Epic  Post #: 97
7/4/2014 16:12:48   
dfo99

quote:

The same can be said about any other build/class

its true (except for cyber hunter and someothers classes builds), but for bm is extreme. even with parasite still is extremly hard beat a dex tm under ranked (smarts dex tms).

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 7/4/2014 16:13:31 >
Post #: 98
7/4/2014 16:15:55   
Ranloth
Banned

Don't max out Parasite then nor have it in your top 3 skills. Lvl 5 Parasite (10%) - use Lvl 6 Bludgeon + Intimidate (common already), and high level Shields - which are also common since they scale with Support. This way, they cannot disable your Parasite, at all.

That's how TMs avoided their skills being disabled for few turns with Concussion Shot core, since their Bolt was always low level - compared to Battery, Heal and Assimilation.
AQ Epic  Post #: 99
7/4/2014 16:50:59   
Rui.
Banned

pyrofly is a luck based bot.. Forcing playing to use this as an option to counter any build is plain dumb. Since parasite has been buffed 2 times and its unblockable and rageable its only logical it deserves a class based wep requirement as its counter part skill assimilation. Dfo, at low levels dex mage overpowers all classes with their dex based build.. But once you reach legendary rank 20 you can not see a single dex mage cause they are just easy to be beaten. Strength overpowers any skill. Moreover intimidate needs to scale with the rest of the debuffs. I dont see any reason why the energy cost is low. Either increase cost of intimidate or lower cost of other debuffs
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 11«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition