Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 26 of 27«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2015 21:00:50   
Remaint

You know what else satisfies your butt?

>:)
AQW  Post #: 626
11/8/2015 21:25:11   
TJByrum

Fellwalker was the traitor? Interesting. I only wish Volrun and a handful of his Varan had survived the night and could have fought valiantly alongside the other defenders.

I'm interested to know what Kell has planned next, and whether he'll go with the next tale in Domrius' story.
DF AQW  Post #: 627
11/8/2015 22:21:39   
Draycos777

Probably nothing that you're thinking of, and I'd rather not go there. Especially since flaming of any kind isn't allow and I don't want to get caught up in something that the mods could mistake as flaming if if it isn't. It's happened before so I'd rather not tempt fate.
AQ  Post #: 628
11/8/2015 22:24:41   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I think that is quite enough of that conversation, thank you.

As for what happens next, TJByrum, there's going to be an interlude between the first and second chapters, so to speak. I have another RP waiting in the wings for once this is completed. After that, I'll most likely come back to Domrius for the second chapter.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 629
11/9/2015 19:03:49   
TJByrum

Good deal Kell. This was one my favorite RP's. It was right up my alley.

But whereas the Varan/Asgeir are sort of my thing, within the past few months I have started another type of creation, the Brothers of the Sword. They're crusaders hellbent on ridding the world of evil. They're also called Swordbrothers (or Swordbrethren), Knights of the Black Cross, or more simply, the Brothers or Knights. They originate from an empire called Vessia, and are roughly 50% Vessian and 50% Varan. From crossbowmen, spearmen, to wardogs and mounted knights, they're fairly well-rounded combatants. If there is a Domrius chapter 2, then I think I'd have Asgeir throwing their support behind the Brothers, and have them fight in Asgeir's place.
DF AQW  Post #: 630
11/10/2015 21:47:24   
Remaint

Would Napoleonic cannon, early mortars and flintlock muskets be suitable in the next roleplay?
AQW  Post #: 631
11/10/2015 22:24:06   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Possibly, Remaint. It's going to depend on numbers, but it would be interesting to see.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 632
11/10/2015 22:50:06   
Remaint

*Drools*

I intend to forward an army of semi-intelligent, contagious plague-zombies armed with guisarme, roncone, billhook, scorpion, halberd and pike. Fully sentient giant millipede & flea mounted shield & flintlock pistoliers will support them. Relatively few bombards(9% of allotted numbers) will accompany them.
AQW  Post #: 633
11/15/2015 22:21:43   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

you have my support for whatever comes next, and my participation.
AQW Epic  Post #: 634
12/4/2015 17:17:55   
Bastet

Surprise! Or maybe not.

Either way, here's the latest collab between me and Kell. Draycos and anyone else that had shown interest in getting their own ending in the IC could probably move forward from now on.
Post #: 635
12/4/2015 18:34:14   
Draycos777

Hmm, my ending kinda involves both Kell and Bastet, so not really sure how the two of you would like to go about this. We could split this off into two different posts or make one big one?
AQ  Post #: 636
12/4/2015 22:32:16   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'm not in on all the details of what you're looking for. If there's going to be stuff for both me and Bastet, we could do a post with you and I, and then a second post with you and Bastet.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 637
12/5/2015 3:34:11   
Bastet

I'm not into many details either, but I can adapt to whatever is planned. Just Pm me or drop a message in this thread.
Post #: 638
12/5/2015 19:55:01   
Draycos777

Ah, it was more along the lines of you both being in the same place, and since your both involved one way or another, I thought of including you both in one post. Whatever works for you all is fine with me.
AQ  Post #: 639
12/6/2015 13:56:45   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Alright, get a start on it and PM me and Bastet as needed, Draycos.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 640
12/6/2015 16:23:22   
Bastet

What Kell said, I'll be waiting.
Post #: 641
12/6/2015 19:44:30   
TJByrum

I'd dislike seeing gunpowder in RoD Part II, but I would not mind seeing it used in another RP with a similar system as RoD. I want the next RoD to be about the various kingdoms working together to fight Domrius, who has made great strides into the western continent. Perhaps some of the more easternly kingdoms has fallen, forcing the western kingdoms to liberate them, and finally all the kingdoms working together to push Domrius back over the Gripclaw Mountains - or destroy him outright. Perhaps it takes place several years later.

I've got several different groups I could bring in. Of course there's the Varan again, and seeing a large Varan force in battle against the Legions of Alquen would be a truly epic moment for me; I've never got to use the Stormguard or the Jorian Riders in a RP before; this RP saw the use of Unproven and Huscarls, and I didn't even use the Varan's cavalry force: the Nostmen (closest thing the Varan have to a knight; they're like the nobility).

Another creation of mine is the Brothers of the Sword (or Knight-Brothers), a Vessian/Varan crusading order hellbent on ridding the world of darkness; but the Order usually shows up anywhere if their ambition permits them too. They're a cavalry-focused order who field powerful, heavily-armored knights who wield light-based powers (wards, healing, dispel undead/darkness/fire).
DF AQW  Post #: 642
12/6/2015 21:55:37   
Remaint

Is there a particular reason you disfavour gunpowder? Firearms have been in coexistence with everything short of slings for centuries. In fact, firearms is one reason you see men-at-arms and knights gain that famous Gothic/Milanese Plate, and the reason why plate armour began to gain a shape more suited to deflect projectiles.

I want to introduce an undead faction that's not explicitly villainous; say a rag-tag band of mindless zombies rounded up under the influence of other, intelligent zombies who simply wish to carve out a place for themselves.
AQW  Post #: 643
12/8/2015 0:04:14   
Draycos777

Alrighty, I shall work on that tomorrow,, among other things.
AQ  Post #: 644
12/9/2015 3:34:28   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

In the second chapter of the domrius stuff, I should like to at least have this advance a few years (Say enough time for perhaps the kingdom of Thanisgard to have joined forces with mages of the most Northern clandestine that would have been hard for Dom's forces to get to perhaps?) I sort of agree with the whole mild disfavor towards gunpowder I mean, in certain quantities yes I can see it as being useful for say bombs, which back in the days of those times, was a thing thieves and alchemists knew how to make.

But something more advanced than that I'd lean more towards a vote of no, simply because, the more explosion (or in this case gunpowder) you have, the more dangerous it becomes to keep it not only stored and safe from the enemy, but a simple careless action could do more harm than good.

I'd offer the opinion that some science (like say acid or something) could take an interesting perspective to the role of the second chapter. Perhaps introduce a Dragon to the mix?

AQW Epic  Post #: 645
12/9/2015 14:03:44   
Remaint

:|

C'mon, we aren't already alliance commanders in another strategy pavilion. The individual armies would decide what's best for them to bring, and it's not like they would pile all their supplies in one area, just for flying pegasi to rain flaming poop over their parades.

Pre 19th century gunpowder isn't even that explosive; they're only just potent enough to propell shot and projectiles, not act as nuke-ish bombs(Although a building full of it would be quite devastating)(And aren't bombs now-a-days the most advanced 'gunpowder weapon'? If we already have bombs, what's wrong with musket and mortar?).

Terrain-shaping alchemy and mass-produced golem could be a thing in the next chapter.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/9/2015 14:06:24 >
AQW  Post #: 646
12/10/2015 17:06:44   
Draycos777

ok, putting up a gdoc for the post. I'll pm you when it is up. I'm off all day tomorrow, if you want to do it then if you don't have the time today.
AQ  Post #: 647
12/10/2015 17:45:05   
Bastet

Well, you know I pretty much live on the other side of the world compared to you people in America, so I'll probably work on my part while you're asleep.

Nevertheless, it's good to be working on RoD again with y'all.

< Message edited by Bastet -- 12/10/2015 17:46:19 >
Post #: 648
12/10/2015 17:47:02   
Draycos777

Yeah, I remember:) Don't worry, I'm usually awake uptil 2-3ish am(is a night owl).

Edit: Likewise:) And sent to you both. Kell will probably have to write first before you get to do anything Bast, idk, unless Ishia made her camp next to the wall which I doubt:P

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 12/10/2015 17:50:25 >
AQ  Post #: 649
12/10/2015 20:01:48   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Haven't received anything yet, Draycos. Email may just be delayed on my end. I'll double check, but I haven't seen it yet.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 25 [26] 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 26 of 27«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition