Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 4 of 27«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2014 16:06:40   
TJByrum

@Kell: I may post sometime soon then. I was going to wait until you described Enric's entry into the war council before I did anything. Apologies for that.

EDIT: I also need to review the make-up of the Alliance's forces.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/1/2014 16:08:25 >
DF AQW  Post #: 76
11/1/2014 16:45:01   
Zephyrial

Kell's intention, as I understand it, is for each of our characters to state only their own initial recommendations - an overview of our forces, possible ways to proceed - without deference to order or any need to respond. We will then come up with a battle plan OOC. This eliminates the need for a labyrinthine IC exchange which will likely kill the RP.

@BK, if I am correct about this, it would probably be best to remove the parts in which you address other commander's proposals. However, Kell may overrule me on that front.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 11/1/2014 16:46:50 >
Post #: 77
11/1/2014 16:58:19   
TJByrum

@Zeph: That would make sense, but unfortunately I've already posted Volrun's input. I will come up with a pic here soon guys of what I propose.

EDIT: This is what Volrun was implying/suggesting:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/ande012/InitialPlan.jpg

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/1/2014 17:08:29 >
DF AQW  Post #: 78
11/1/2014 20:24:14   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Zeph, you're partially right. I want to avoid a drawn-out debate that, as you noted, would kill the RP. That being said, I have no issue with your commanders making comments on the general merits or issues with the plans of those who have spoken previously. I'd encourage you to make your plans detailed, rather than state general objectives. I would ask that in-depth discussion of the plans, as well as any voting or selection that may occur, be confined to the OOC (or perhaps on IRC's #rpboards) in order to keep things moving.

Black, your post can stand as is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 79
11/2/2014 0:32:08   
Zephyrial

Understood.
Post #: 80
11/2/2014 6:01:26   
TJByrum

What would be the likelihood of getting explosives into Alquen's camp by way of a gift? Sort of like a Trojan Horse tactic, but with explosives within instead of people. Koros can't do it as he has no explosives and no experience, but I was just wondering.

Also, what is the possibility of receiving reinforcements? Is that something we're gonna do or no?
DF AQW  Post #: 81
11/2/2014 6:50:33   
Zephyrial

I was thinking about reinforcements just the other day. I think that if outside forces were able to interfere it would really defeat the object of the RP - that this is a suicide mission. So my opinion is that even if we could, we shouldn't. Perhaps we could send out an emissary or emissaries to the Western Kingdom to inform them of the increased threat and ask for their aid, but I don't think anything should come of it. It'd just be to give our troops the motivation to fight to the last.
Post #: 82
11/2/2014 7:12:02   
black knight 1234567

Fixed my post, sorry about that Kell.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 83
11/2/2014 16:13:12   
TJByrum

@Zeph: That's true, but there could be some 'straggler's. I'm more than certain an argument could be made that some of the volunteers have not yet made it to the Pass.

I'm not asking for reinforcements, I was jut curious.
DF AQW  Post #: 84
11/2/2014 16:30:39   
Draycos777

quote:

What would be the likelihood of getting explosives into Alquen's camp by way of a gift? Sort of like a Trojan Horse tactic, but with explosives within instead of people. Koros can't do it as he has no explosives and no experience, but I was just wondering.

Hmm, an interesting idea. Je could do something with bombs, but I doubt they could make any sort of surprise attack on Alquen's camp with them. I thought about hiding bombs on the path Alquen would take up Gripclaw Pass but if we do decide to charge Alquen we'd rush right into them as well killing our own men.
AQ  Post #: 85
11/2/2014 16:31:42   
Starstruck

TJByrum, I don't see any rectangles labelled "fists of fury" on your graphic. I think that your plan is fatally flawed and should probably be scrapped in favor of one that involves significant amounts of preemptive punching.

As they say, "a punch, in time, saves nine."
DF MQ  Post #: 86
11/2/2014 16:47:59   
TJByrum

@Draycos: I agree. Direct cavalry charges are never a good idea; always better to utilize cavalry at the flanks or the rear, or to run down fleeing targets.

At this moment I think our best directive is to stay on the defensive; let Domrius come to us, let's see what his soldiers are like, how he fights, and stuff like that. Then we can get more in-depth.

@Starstruck: Who brought along the ninjas?
DF AQW  Post #: 87
11/2/2014 16:51:55   
black knight 1234567

I just want to have that moment where my men come out of nowhere, duel swords and stuff and just proceed to hack away at the enemies like Rohirrim from LotR. :P
I think we should give good though towards archers, aswell.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 88
11/2/2014 17:53:32   
Draycos777

quote:

Who brought along the ninjas?

Ah-ha, sorry that was me:P
AQ  Post #: 89
11/2/2014 18:45:22   
TJByrum

@BK: Ooh that was cool, but I hated it. Those orcs and Uruks had the right strategy to defend against that.

Our archers should be in the front ranks and fire off as many arrows as possible in combined volleys as Domrius' forces approach. That will demoralize the forces, disorganize their formations, wear them out, and decrease their total troop count. As they're closing in, we need them to retreat to the back of our forces and fire at the enemy's rear flanks (prevents friendly fire).

My Varan infantry are better suited on the frontline. They're not archers or cavalry.
DF AQW  Post #: 90
11/2/2014 19:48:31   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

As a note so we're all on the same page, I was asking that your first posts be up by 11/3. Since I haven't heard anything from Arthur or Starstruck, the remaining players who have yet to post, I'm going to assume that they intend to post tonight or tomorrow. If you need an extension, please let me know. If I don't hear from you, it will be assumed that you are passing on your chance to post, and your commanders support the plan selected by the majority.

Please bear in mind that the player who proposes the plan that is selected by the War Council will be the Supreme Commander for that conflict, and as such will incur two points of fatigue.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 91
11/2/2014 19:59:18   
Draycos777

quote:

Please bear in mind that the player who proposes the plan that is selected by the War Council will be the Supreme Commander for that conflict, and as such will incur two points of fatigue.

Articis is more of a tactical person and less of a strategical person, but gosh, way to play hard ball. Have someone remind Articis that he doesn't want to be the supreme commander for me plz. :p
AQ  Post #: 92
11/2/2014 22:04:44   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Tj I have taken a careful look at that map of yours and after careful viewing of it. You now have the support of Thanisgard on this plan.
AQW Epic  Post #: 93
11/3/2014 0:48:40   
black knight 1234567

I think we've got a pretty good thing going. The bulk of the army, or the swordsmen as you call them, could be composed of TJ's Huskarls and some of Thanisgard's 300 along with some of my own infantry, say about 40 individuals. To the sides, we could have my men, including the elite and Kaluk's forces waiting to ambush Alquen's forces knee deep in the fighting, and I think we want to keep the mages at the very back with a thick line of defense between them and the enemy forces.

Also we should probably send some scouts before the battle begins. I'm not sure how scouting works in this RP, but if Kell gives me the green light i'll write up a quick post about sending a small company so we can have a better understanding of what we're up against.

< Message edited by black knight 1234567 -- 11/3/2014 0:50:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 94
11/3/2014 10:49:06   
Starstruck

Oh, please do note that Kerra is really hypersensitive to these kinds of things and even one person making the wrong move can set her off into a gender-fueled rage. She's very sensitive like that. My post insinuates nothing about any of your commanders, and merely serves to shed insight into how Kerra sees the world, but I am a little afraid that someone will come by and go "hey! that's totally bunnying! my character thinks that woman commanders are great!" He probably does. Maybe everyone does. Kerra doesn't think you do. She thinks you see her as a weak emotional woman and that makes her angry.

She is completely unaware of the irony in succumbing to anger as a result of being seen as a weak-willed and highly emotional creature.
DF MQ  Post #: 95
11/3/2014 14:51:15   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I'll have my post up as soon as I can.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 96
11/3/2014 22:15:09   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I intended to have a post up to set up/start the fight tomorrow. Due to unforeseen circumstances on my end, that will not be possible. I apologize for the delay. I am committed to starting the battle Friday (11/7), though I'd like to shoot for Thursday (11/6). We'll have to see how that falls out.

Sorry again for the delay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 97
11/4/2014 15:50:33   
TJByrum

@Dragonknightwolf: Awesome.

@Star: Noted; Varan do not mistreat their women, as women are trained just as hard as men in Asgeir to be warriors.

@Kell: If all agree to the Varan's plan, Koros can volunteer to be commander for this battle if no one else wants too. I don't mind taking 2 fatigue points at the moment. Also, did you ever get a chance to consider our questions on reinforcements? It's not a big deal, I was just curious.

EDIT: Just for the record guys, I'd rather keep our cavalry as reserve forces. Mounted troops are quick, responsive, and can double as infantry later on. We should reserve them for as long as we can, make sure we have them in the later battles. I wish we had some mounted archers on our side; cantabrian circles can be devastating to enemy ranks and formations.

Also, I have tried to make it evident that our infantry (the swordsmen) need to be in a staggered formation to allow the archers to retreat through the lines without interruption, then reform into a tight defensive line right after. I neglected to mention the mages in the strategy because I am not sure how I would use them in a battle; medieval/antiquity warfare is my area, not fantasy.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/4/2014 16:00:01 >
DF AQW  Post #: 98
11/4/2014 17:20:43   
Zephyrial

@TJ

My mages will basically just attach themselves to other formations, providing defensive shields and disrupting the enemy approach if needed. If possible, I'd prefer them to be relatively equidistant and spread out across the line rather than vertically in a column. Essentially, they'll sit behind the front lines providing support, with the Sentinels there to secure a retreat if the line is broken.

In your map, we'd probably have thirty of them behind the Swordsmen, between the cavalry units, and two groups of ten supporting the pikemen on the flanks.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 11/4/2014 17:22:56 >
Post #: 99
11/4/2014 18:06:49   
TJByrum

@Zeph: Sounds good. Are we all in agreement with the proposed strategy?
DF AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 4 of 27«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition