Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 6 of 27«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2014 14:15:09   
TJByrum

I'd imagine they are in the Swordsmen ranks. Your commander is free to utilize them in our best defense as possible. I figure this is a good reference for everyone:

Swordsmen - Lined up in center of formation, main force, awaiting the engagement of the Vendreti, currently defending against Ghosthounds.
5 Thanes (Koros' Varan Bodyguards) - TJByrum
60 Huskarls (Koros' main unit) - TJByrum
15 Shield and Swordsmen (Articis' Unit) - Draycos777
15 Shield and Swordsmen (Rayna's Unit) - Draycos777
10 Saber Users (Rayna's Unit) - Draycos777
17 Infantry (Garin Fellwalker) - Black Knight 1234567
15 Swordsmen (Reynard Naise) - Arthur
10 Swordsmen (Enric of Daret) - Kellehendros
147 Total

Pikemen - 20 on each side of the Swordsmen ranks, currently holding ground, awaiting orders.
30 Unproven (Koros' Force) - TJByrum
10 Pikemen (Articis Unit) - Draycos777
40 Total

Cavalry - Stationed behind main force, awaiting orders, should wait to flank Vendreti upon engagement; mounted archers should keep an eye and skirmish the Alquen Regulars.
200 Horsemen (Trevor Arcturus Minx' Unit) - Dragonknightwolf
100 Mounted Archers (Trevor Arcturus Minx' Unit) - Dragonknightwolf
30 Horsemen (Garin Fellwalker) - Black Knight 1234567
10 Horsemen (Reynard Naise) - Arthur
340 Total

Mages - Stationed behind Swordsmen and Pikemen, supporting the whole army spells.
50 Sentinels (Sayden Ka'urn's Unit) - Zephyrial
50 Battlemages (Sayden Ka'urn's Unit) - Zephyrial
100 Total

Archers - Forced to retreat behind the lines, currently behind Swordsmen, ordered to fire at will into Vendreti ranks, do NOT fire at friendlies.
10 Archers (Ytha's Unit) - Draycos777
5 Scouts/Bomb Units (Ytha's Unit) - Draycos777
30 Archers (Grain Fellwalker) - Black Knight 1234567
20 Archers (Reynard Naise) - Arthur
65 Total

Other - Commander's discretion.
10 Hidden Weapon Users (Ytha's Unit)) - Draycos777
217 Kulak Troops (Kerra Brzerzin Unit) - Starstruck
17 Scouts and Infiltrators (Garin Fellwalker) - Black Knight 1234567

I was not sure how to utilize those placed in 'Other' and did not focus on the Bodyguards, Reserves, or Supply Line troops. The commanders are free to decide those roles.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/8/2014 18:38:21 >
DF AQW  Post #: 126
11/8/2014 14:46:20   
Zephyrial

Hehe, thanks TJ! When I first read the books which I mentioned before, I was really inspired by the concept of battlemagic. I'm glad you're finding it useful as well!

If there is to be a ranged bombardment, my men could establish protective shields (translucent, thin as a hair) over any of our men targeted. They'll block a handful of javelins well enough, but obviously once the front lines get into close combat, it will no longer be possible to maintain it. I leave it up to the discretion of each commander as to whether make use of it - maybe you'd rather your troops rely on your shields. Starstruck - you may want to consider it if you place your guys in the fray. If any of you do want it, simply mention that you sent someone over to ask Sayden, he ordered his men to cast the barrier, and it remained in place until the enemy arrived.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 11/8/2014 14:47:27 >
Post #: 127
11/8/2014 16:05:21   
Draycos777

Translated for post

Rayna closed her eyes to the aura of bloodlust. It meant that its time for her to join in the fighting now that Papa started as well. Slowly drawing her sabers from their sheathes, Rayna spoke in her native tongue.

“Strength of the Sun in one hand; Speed of the Moon in the other. With this I shall rip this battlefield apart.” Raising her sabers out in front of her, Rayna pointed the right one to the charging beasts. Giving off a similar, but much smaller, wave of killing intent Rayna shouted out the last of her battle chime. “Ancient spirits! Guide Me!”

The soldiers of Je cheered as Rayna's chime finished, eager to prove their own worth as she directed the shield and swordsmen in her unit to fill any holes in the Allies barrier line.

Edit: Also so that there's no confusion, Articis is in the far right flank of the infantry line and not the pike line. Just clearing that up in case anyone is confused by the wording since the pike men are on the sides of the formation.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 11/8/2014 16:14:31 >
AQ  Post #: 128
11/8/2014 18:35:57   
TJByrum

Glad to see everyone is sticking to the plan. 3 RPers have posted, leaving 4 others to do so.

@Kell: Is it up to one of us to detail the clash of the Vendreti soldiers or are you going to post once more to describe it? And if I was the one to post it, would you want me to wait for the other 4 RPers to post or could I do it anytime I wanted to? I think we got the basic idea that the ghosthounds are attacking the line and we're doing our best to hold them while the mages of the Oramus Collective did a good job weakening the Vendreti charge.

EDIT: Hmm... I've totally forgotten about the traitor in our midst. That's something to look out for, huh?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/8/2014 18:37:27 >
DF AQW  Post #: 129
11/8/2014 23:48:28   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Okay. I've posted. Just to be clear. Trevor's order in bold/italic is not a thought. It's an official command to both sides of the calvary. While it isn't listed as Cory hearing as such. I assure you he's going to notice that horses are moving in a formation that would look like it's a flank procedure.

They've done flanking enough times for it to be clear without all sub commanders needing to hear the order. They'd recognize the formation by sight and be able to respond accordingly. At this point TJ. Thanisgard Archer's are standing ready with knocked arrows. They'll be able to shoot over the front lines if need be because of the height different between ground/horse-ridden troops. This also makes them a candidate as a target though too. So if enemy fire comes into the middle-back lines, they have shields to defend themselves.

AQW Epic  Post #: 130
11/9/2014 0:34:54   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

TJ, once everyone has posted, I'll make a post advancing things along, and then you guys will have a chance to post again. I hope you'll bear with me, as we're working on a formula that is going to get tweaked a bit as we continue along.

I will put deadline down at some point for posts in the first round, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 131
11/9/2014 5:22:42   
TJByrum

@DNW: Understood.

@Kell: I'm in no rush. Just asking questions is all.

@Everyone: If everything goes according to plan, this is what the battle will soon look like:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/ande012/FinalPlan.jpg

Notice Thanisgard's cavalry circling around and hitting the Vendreti from behind. Notice the Pikemen rounding about to hit the sides. Notice the mounted archers positioned to skirmish with the Alquen Regulars if need be.

Also, keep in mind that soldiers fighting to the death are fiercer than those who are retreating. If we encircle the entire army right now then the Vendreti will fight harder no doubt and cause us more trouble. Allow them small pockets to escape from so they can flee rather than fight us to the death. As they flee, our horse archers may be able to pick them off if the Alquen Regulars don't tie them up. This was a classic trick used by the Mongol commander Kublai Khan in services of Genghis Khan.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/9/2014 5:42:27 >
DF AQW  Post #: 132
11/11/2014 9:28:07   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@TJByrum, Any orders for Reynard as to how I should join in considering how my forces are primarily consisting of archers and swordsmen more than horsemen...?

Or would you prefer for me to follow Post#126...?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 133
11/11/2014 10:46:48   
black knight 1234567

I imagine the same would apply to you, your archers will be with the other archers, your swordsmen with the bulk of the force, etc. It's all at TJ's discretion, of course.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 134
11/11/2014 17:57:19   
TJByrum

@Arthur: Right now I would prefer to have our Swordsmen fighting the Vendreti and our Archers safe in the rear flank. I would hope Reynard allocated his soldiers accordingly. The archers are, more or less, useless at the moment since the original skirmish formation was forced to retreat due to the Ghosthounds. So right now, we need to ensure the Vendreti Charge does not break through the line, we need to hold them there, and the cavalry need to circle around and hit them from their flank. Meanwhile, the pikemen could round-about and hit them at the sides and the mounted archers can keep an eye on the Alquen Regulars. I don't want our Archers firing anywhere on the battlefield due to the risk of friendly fire.

EDIT: And if the Vendreti decide to retreat, allow them too... then run them down with our horsemen.

This strategy is entirely dependent on the Swordsman ability to hold out against the Vendreti while our cavalry move into position. But since the Vendreti are ill-equipped for a battle of attrition, and since they're more accustomed to hit-n-run tactics, I think our Swordsman can outfight them quite easily.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/11/2014 18:00:00 >
DF AQW  Post #: 135
11/12/2014 17:48:06   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hey guys, just so we're all on the same page, the deadline for posts in this round will be next Tuesday (11/18).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 136
11/15/2014 13:22:32   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I've already done my post for the round, i think we're still waiting on a few people.
AQW Epic  Post #: 137
11/15/2014 18:56:52   
TJByrum

If they don't post Kell, I reckon we can assume they're sticking to the strategy.
DF AQW  Post #: 138
11/17/2014 22:08:33   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

You know, there's a great deal of things that could be said. So, I wonder, what will you think of THIS?!

Name: Jakaero Corosco
Affiliation: Confederation of Warsmiths / Duchy of Tinsal

Appearance: Though old and with hair long-since leeched of all color save the stain of ash, Jakaero holds himself tall with a reservoir of vitality that burns brightly within his green eyes. Hair hangs limply to his shoulders, replete with split-ends and singed strands, which he usually ties back high on his head with a strip of worn hide. His garb is notionally indistinguishable from that of the common folk, consisting of sturdy if patched leather breeches, serviceable boots, and a homespun cotton tunic that hangs to his knees. On both formal occasions and taskings to the front, Jakaero tops the simple garb with a long coat of rich indigo brocade. Upon this heavy contrast to his common appearance, several badges of rank lay pinned and polished, designating him not only as a former veteran of the 3rd Light Voltigeurs but a recognized master artisan across several kingdoms.

History: If ever a man was born meant to use his hands, and use whatever is at hand to accomplish a task set to him, Jakaero would be considered by many to be that man. Born to an unassuming village, Jakaero was raised harshly by a demanding father. Food was scarce, pressing the young boy into learning field craft in the hopes of bringing more meat to both the table and for village barter. With neighboring woods claimed by surrounding nobility as private grounds, Jakaero was often forced to range far and wide to trap and hunt enough game worthy of returning home. Any less would be met with beatings, though to his father's credit, the elder took no joy in the act. It was, as often is, merely a reinforcement of how little Jakaero's family actually had to eat week by week.

By the age of fourteen, the lad had begun to finally master some of the elements of field craft, but further refinement of dodging patrols of guardsmen and tracking spoor came to an abrupt halt. A unit of the Archduke's Heavy Dragoons rode through the village, conscripting any male of sufficient age. The Archduke of Galvain had designs on his neighbors of Tinsal and Élan, and assumed he could crush both of the smaller Duchies beneath his heel with a swift strike of overwhelming force. Jakaero, being old enough to be pressed into service but young enough to lack a refined will that would foment rebellion during training, was assigned at first to a pike square.

While the Archduke may have been current on the efficacy of a lightning strike with his army's ranks swollen and fat with conscripted blood, both Tinsal and Élan proved a murderous bone that would lodge in Galvain's throat for years. The Debacle of the Duchies, as it became known in local parlance, bled the forces of all sides until terms could be reached, prompted by the interest by other kingdoms to topple the lands of all three. Jakaero, during that time, was shuttled from unit to unit not necessarily due to skill, but a stubborn streak of surviving the odds. Common and noble blood was shed upon his pike, sword, and knife. His final assignment was also his first command, a skirmisher unit armed with crossbow and dagger. The 3rd Light Voltigeurs proved extremely effective during the final months of the campaign, accomplishing near suicidal objectives, though the heavy cost of lives within the unit weighed heavily upon Jakaero. Sickened by the glut of blood and death around him, Jakaero relocated himself into the Duchy of Tinsal shortly after the treaty was signed.

The accrued pay from several years in the field allowed him to purchase a smithy left vacant by the slaughter of the war, and for a time Jakaero turned his focus to the more pleasant task of improving the life of those around him one plow blade at a time. Work was not exactly brisk, however, as the same vacancy in the forge was echoed on far too many fields for his comfort. With time came experimentation and some degree of mobility. Other smiths of the area who were members of the guild saw far more than the talents of a farrier and plow maker in the jaded veteran, eventually petitioning him to join the guild and better utilize his natural aptitude of learning practical tasks into refining his techniques and expanding his work base. Though the guild fees initially drained the last from his coffers, the turnaround was swift into bringing new requests and a greater portfolio of business to Jakaero's forge. It even brought a spark of brightness and intent to Jakaero's life in the form of a wife, and soon after, their daughter.

With the rise of Alquen as a threat, the entirety of the Three Duchies became an unsettled mass of knotted fears. Unless they fielded sons barely of age, Tinsal alone could at best raise a few squads, and neither of the other Duchies were capable of much better. Understanding that war would bring nothing more than horror and strife to the ravaged region, Jakaero approached others within the guilds of smiths and artisans with a plan. Raise a small levy of smiths old enough to remember the past conflicts but young enough to still travel well, and give their support to the alliance forces, taking the place of their young in the effort to rebuff Alquen's advances. It is with that noble thought in mind that Jakaero was able to leave both wife and daughter behind to carry on the Corosco name, likely not to survive the conflict himself.

Unit description: War is coming to the lands which Jakaero holds dear, and the old Corosco does not wish to see the crusading forces spread like a wildfire through the three Duchies he has grown up among. Through his contacts among the various artisan guilds, he has assembled a small support force to bring with him to the coalition of forces looking to stop Domirus. A pair of fully laden carts holds anvils, bar stock, scrap, and a wealth of tools from which the artisans can work to keep the greater coalition armed and armored. War is not lost just by strength of sword arm alone, and Jakaero saw enough needless casualties of friendly forces due to armor in disrepair, notched swords snapping in twain, and so forth. The artisanal force has also been trained in the use of crossbows on their extended trek to met the coalition force. Each battle smith, if called up for service on the field, are armed with a crossbow, pavise, two sheathes of steel-tipped crossbow bolts. There is a great strength in these weapons, capable of puncturing armor with almost frightening ease as distance closes, but the small size of the volunteer unit and relative inexperience in combat conditions would suggest judicious use in vital defense only. Better to have the smiths continue to repair armor, sharpen swords, and replace pike, spear, arrow, and bolt than to have them fight on the front lines. This ad-hoc artisanal force numbers thirty strong, not counting their leadership.

In addition to this diminutive battle force, Jakaero has also brought a large number of laymen and peasants to the field. Paid for by Naysmith Carter's funds, these laymen are elderly grandparents who wish to spare their daughters and grandchildren the horrors of war. They have zero battle experience, but merely hope to lessen the burdens of the fighting forces by handling camp affairs and any heavy labor. They are unarmed non-combatants, but number an additional fifty men to the force of skilled artisans.

Unit organization: Though all of the artisans within the Confederation force have seen prior combat to some degree, they have only a loose concept of the chain of command. Notionally, they will follow any order given in the name of the Duke of Tinsal if an outside commander seeks to give them orders. Internally, the battle smiths prefer breaking into small bands ranging from four to eight, and inserting themselves into the camps of other allied forces. Jakaero holds overarching command of the volunteer force, and each such squad is led by one of the few veterans available within the force. In the event of Jakaero's death or capture, each of these squad leaders has been instructed to act independently as best they see fit. As is often the case, however, a few are more naturally charismatic and fit to lead than others, three of which have risen to claim "lieutenant" positions underneath their captain.

Authorities in Command:
Orric Farrier - Older even than Jakaero, Orric is the only veteran of multiple conflicts among the battle smith group. His weight of combat experience can lead to him butting heads with Jakaero's notional command, but Orric never held more than a squad command himself. The occasional friction is often balanced out by the informal nature by which the smith's would prefer to group within.

Constantine Of Galvain - Hides the fact that, though distant, he is of the blood of the Duke's family, and rather well off compared to his compatriot volunteers. A touch brash and headstrong, he is nonetheless capable but may not cooperate fully if ordered about by coalition commanders other than Jakaero. His blood status places him eighth in the line of succession for the Duke of Galvain, though the Duke's family has not followed him closely. Only Constantine is aware of one of Jakaero's intentions regarding the conflict, as he is also the only nobility aware that the Three Duchies have no available forces to raise if Alquen takes the pass.

Naysmith Carter - A former Factor of the collective smithing guilds of the region, Naysmith is more notable for having a touch of affluence that has financed this foray of smiths and elder laymen to the front. The power of wealth far outweighs his personal skills around a forge or carpentry bench, but his peers respect him nonetheless, for a proper head for money is as difficult to find at times as a skilled arm in the forge.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 11/17/2014 22:14:36 >
AQ  Post #: 139
11/17/2014 22:26:26   
black knight 1234567

I'll post later today, if that's okay.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 140
11/18/2014 4:23:24   
TJByrum

"Reinforcements!?"
DF AQW  Post #: 141
11/18/2014 12:41:02   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Guys, for some reason, my college Wi-fi has been blocking the "Rise of Domrius" IC Thread for the last 2 days. I can still access the other RP IC Threads but not "Rise of Domrius".

I dunno why this is happening but I'll have to wait it out for sometime until I can actually post my first one. :(
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
11/18/2014 15:33:38   
TJByrum

That's strange Arthur. Try a proxy server or something, if you can. Or perhaps see if someone can PM you the latest post(s) and then see if someone can post your post for you.
DF AQW  Post #: 143
11/18/2014 20:07:32   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Ronin, the submission is accepted.

The post is roughed out. I'm waiting on vetting from a friend, and then it will be up. Hopefully tonight, if not tonight, tomorrow (vetted or otherwise).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 144
11/18/2014 20:14:40   
TJByrum

I can read it in the morning if you post it here soon, then consider a proper post during work, then write my next post after I get off work. Depending on how satisfied I am with the quality of my post, I may or may not end up posting it tomorrow as wall.

I live on the American East Coast, so my time setting is "Eastern Time (US and Canada)". In other words, as I write this it is currently 8:14 PM.

EDIT: I don't HAVE to post before everyone else, but I would like the chance to consider Kellehendros' current battle results and rework our formations as needed before any of you start switching up tactics. Of course, you are absolutely free to post whenever and however you want, so long as it permits to Kell's standards of course.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/18/2014 20:18:42 >
DF AQW  Post #: 145
11/19/2014 12:19:25   
Starstruck

Ooooooooops. I'm sorry. I've had a bit of a wild week and this slipped my mind.

I'll post faster from here on out.
DF MQ  Post #: 146
11/19/2014 20:34:57   
TJByrum

I've decided to pull one of our Pikemen regiments back, then merge into the Swordsmen, and attempt to reinforce the Kulaki regiment. There are a few Unproven Varan in that group, led by Aesa, armed with pikes, small shields, and a small sword (they lack the larger shields and larger swords that the Huskarls currently have).

Whenever the cavalry are in position, flank the Vendreti as soon as possible. Any mounted archers need to keep an eye on the Alquen Regulars. If they retreat anytime soon, feel free to give chase, but do not engage the Regulars; let the Mounted Archers deal with that threat.
DF AQW  Post #: 147
11/19/2014 20:51:51   
Draycos777

Ytha will move out to reinforce the Kulaki regiment as soon as she spots the break in formation. She'll likely use the speed of her hidden weapon users to get there just before Aesa and Enric or around the same time as them.
AQ  Post #: 148
11/19/2014 21:12:39   
TJByrum

Good deal, Draycos777. We just need to make sure we don't focus to much on that and have another hole form in our defense elsewhere.

Just have your fingers crossed for when the cavalry charge comes in from the rear... my hopes is that it will break the Vendreti. If not, then be prepared for an extended melee with the enemy.

I'm considering having the last remaining pikemen reserve pull back behind our Swordsman just in case we need to bolster the swordsmen even more. They're idle at the moment; their intention was to shy away or disrupt enemy cavalry, but as we all know the Alquen forces aren't throwing any horsemen at us, so they're as useless as the archers... except we can use our pikemen as melee warriors if need be.
DF AQW  Post #: 149
11/20/2014 7:42:50   
black knight 1234567

Yo are the enemies deep in enough to pull of my trap or should I wait?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 6 of 27«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition