Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 5 of 27«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/4/2014 18:30:15   
Draycos777

In that case, mind if I have Articis' scouts hide bombs in the way of Alquen's path? This should kill some and hopefully leave holes in their formation that we can exploit in our defense.
AQ  Post #: 101
11/4/2014 18:33:00   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

TJ, you have mounted archers. DNW's force bio specifies that 100 of his troopers have training as mounted archers. Whether or not they can do a circle formation is a question for DNW.

As for reinforcements, you're very much in this alone, barring the arrival of other allied commanders. The leaders of the Western Kingdoms are currently meeting to hammer out their plan for countering Alquen should the pass be lost.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 102
11/4/2014 18:43:20   
TJByrum

@Kell: A mistake on my part, and one I did not utilize in my strategy. That could change things, but it's up to the other players.

So you're not against the idea of late allied commanders?

On another note, are the Pass Defenders there knowing they're going to die, or do they think they were sent to hold it for as a long as possible with chance of victory?
DF AQW  Post #: 103
11/4/2014 23:14:51   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

TJ, as I noted back on page 2:
quote:

I'm looking at a player cap of eight. If you do not have a force bio up by post time 10/27, you can still apply. Applications will remain open until the eight player desired cap is reached. Late entrants will arrive late to the party, naturally, and be subject to starting fatigue and morale penalties.

And on page 3:
quote:

Yes, per my previous notes, I'm still accepting applications. However, "late" applications (that is, applications after the RP has stated) will be subject to starting fatigue and morale penalties. This is because the commander and his/her force are late to the battle, and thus will be forcing marches to make up time.

The defenders know they're there to hold the pass for as long as they can. Whether they think that is until the full army of the alliance can reach the pass, they can turn Alquen back, or they all die in the attempt, is a question of individual awareness and general outlook.

So we're all on the same page regarding the politics: The Western Kingdoms don't like each other. The Alliance is coming together because of Alquen. The Kingdoms sent men to hold the pass to give the full army time to organize, and so the kings/rulers can bicker about who should be in charge of the whole thing. What your king/ruler told your commander is up to you.

The moral of the story: Don't expect any help beyond the folks who are there. Maybe another force will show up to lend a hand, maybe not. There are a limited number of endings for your forces: death in glorious battle, ignoble surrender in the face of overwhelming numbers, or cowardly flight.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 104
11/5/2014 11:36:36   
Starstruck

I'll take the ending that involves gratuitous amounts of punching. Possibly including burning fists.

Kerra doesn't want to engage at this stage, and as the second largest force at the pass, her opinion carries a lot of weight. She's all in favor of a few hit-and-run raids while the others stay behind to defend the pass itself, considering Domrius' threat of a all out offensive. If your plan doesn't include scouting, she doesn't want to consider it. She's very angry that nobody took the time to actually figure out what the force they're fighting actually is, and is mostly angry at DNW's army because they, having horses, are technically the best equipped to do it. Kerra is such an angry lady. She should try counting slowly to ten.

Basically, Kerra feels that nobody has the kind of information that is needed to make a good decision and she wants that information pronto.
DF MQ  Post #: 105
11/5/2014 12:20:50   
Draycos777

quote:

She's very angry that nobody took the time to actually figure out what the force they're fighting actually is, and is mostly angry at DNW's army because they, having horses, are technically the best equipped to do it.

But isn't that why BNW suggested to take a defensive position to see just what Domrius had before charging in?

quote:

Basically, Kerra feels that nobody has the kind of information that is needed to make a good decision and she wants that information pronto.

Well why didn't she ask the only army had had trained ninja/scouts for that job(:p)? Articis' men have all been busy with other tasks. He would have sent a scout party sooner or later, but if Kerra wanted the information a little earlier Articis would have gotten some scouts out there (he terns to curve on small things if you prod him long enough.). Or is she one of them people that wants but doesn't want/ know how to ask?
AQ  Post #: 106
11/5/2014 14:17:12   
Zephyrial

@Starstruck

And I Quote: "We don't need to see what he has, we need to know how he's going to use it, and the best way to do so is to stop his advance"

Starstruck, she actively proposed a plan that specifically did not involve scouting. You cannot simply reverse your commander's wishes on a whim - you have to remain consistent. You have crafted a hot-headed, obstinate and foolish character who is very believable in that role, but you have to keep her separate from your OOC desires. I find it impossible to believe that Kerra is angry at a lack of scouting. Sorry, but you can't bake a cake and eat a meat pie.

I'd also take care in deciding arbitrarily that her opinion carries a lot of weight. That's for us to decide - and she hasn't really endeared herself to anyone as of yet.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 11/5/2014 15:40:47 >
Post #: 107
11/5/2014 17:31:54   
TJByrum

@Starstruck: I'm not against scouting, but I didn't know how it would work since Domrius is already preparing to attack us this early. Scouting is an important aspect of warfare. My initial goal, to defend, would be to get a feel of Domrius' army. But it would indeed be nice to know if Alquen has catapults - but could spot those from a good distance and they take a long time to deploy as well.

@Zeph: Kerra's decision carries a lot of weight because her 217 infantry would make up a good bit of our Swordsmen, or our main unit. We should compromise and make sure we can get her support in the first battle. The first battle could end up being very decisive.

@Everyone: If the Kingdom of Je can provide explosives, I have an idea. We should move in on Dormius' army in another battle and meet him on the battlefield. Afterwards, feign retreat and flee towards the camp, lighting some wagons carrying Je's explosives. When Alquen's forces pursue us they will run into our tramp and the explosives should inflict massive casualties to Alquen's army as well as disorganize their troops and demoralize them. After the explosives are finished, send in a massive cavalry charge and hack away at the disorganized mob and cut down the fleeing troops.

I also propose the idea of digging trenches around the camp. If that is to much to ask, then at least build some spiked barriers around it, like so.

If we have a good bit of explosives, we ought to send a climbing team up the highest slope of the pass, plant the explosives, then ignite them and cause a possible rockslide that can incur damage to Alquen's forces. The Varan land of Asgeir is a mountainous region and so my Varan troops are prepared for such a task (climbing the mountain), but I would need someone with demolitions skill to help them prepare the explosives; Varan are not accustomed to such things.

EDIT: If anyone will send cavalry to scout, notify Kell and I reckon he can describe to us what we can expect. I am more than certain it will only be a vague description and we will be prone to surprises, but still.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/5/2014 17:37:38 >
DF AQW  Post #: 108
11/5/2014 18:21:25   
Zephyrial

What is she going to do - give up and go home? I can't speak for everyone else, but Sayden will start to respect her once she stops interrupting people and shrieking at them, and begins to participate in the discussion calmly and civilly. I (and he) would dislike her if she had a thousand men! XD
Post #: 109
11/5/2014 18:31:32   
TJByrum

@Zeph: Kerra could refuse to support us in this battle.

Don't feel bad, Kell did mention the Western Kingdoms didn't much like each other anyway, or something like that.
DF AQW  Post #: 110
11/5/2014 21:23:28   
Starstruck

Herng. I messed up, Zeph/Dray. Not enough time spent reviewing, too much time spent theorizing. I retract my statement.

Whether or not these ninja are useful depends on whether they can go scouting for information or if they're just good at being sneaky. Sneaky is fine, but a more historical ninja would be far more helpful.
DF MQ  Post #: 111
11/5/2014 21:56:50   
Zephyrial

No problem, Starstruck. I know it's easy to get carried away, especially when you love your characters as much as you do!
Post #: 112
11/6/2014 22:06:10   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@Tj, I'll respond to that question. Yes the archer's could ride a formation in circular, straight, etc. They know how to do different formations since they've had more than one war before. So yes that is perfectly possible.

And just a side note to Starstruck. You've just lost a little bit of respect from Trevor in characterly for the outburst. While he won't disagree that an assault would be a likely candidate. He does think that Tj's commanders strategy would likely fair better results.

Drat. Forgot to mention. Trevor will be sending a courier bird to his kingdom in requisition for more troops.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 11/6/2014 22:16:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 113
11/6/2014 22:50:57   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

DNW, I'd really rather you hadn't done that. While I understand the reasons for the post, I'm trying to establish a formal posting plan. I'm not intending to have a strict post order or schedule (except for deadlines to keep things moving along), but it is my plan for the RP is to have each player post once during the planning stage, and once each round of the battle phase.

This formula, of course, will be subject to some tweaking, but I would like to start it this way. The post you made is fine, it just could have been appended to the start of your post in the first combat round, and it wouldn't have been an issue.

I have no problem with you guys having your commanders react to each other, but I want to avoid long post exchanges in the camp phases concerning tactics. We can assume this is discussion going on, we're just glossing over it in favor of hitting the high points.

If I'm not making this clear, please let me know. If you guys have questions I'd like to lay them to rest as soon as possible.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 11/6/2014 22:52:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
11/7/2014 12:12:52   
black knight 1234567

Just wondering, is the battle starting later today?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 115
11/7/2014 13:22:49   
TJByrum

@BK: I think we need to sort our whether or not we're all up for the strategy.
DF AQW  Post #: 116
11/7/2014 18:43:49   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

We'll be starting, since I have the sense that the decision is generally a consensus at this point.

TJ, as primus inter pares for this round, you can issue orders to the other commanders concerning how you want them to move their troops for the unfolding battle. The commanders, however, are not beholden to you, and can act as they see fit. Alas, free will.

Commanders, you may, at your discretion, post before TJ. After all, you are ultimately in charge of your own commands, be they all together or separated into the archer line and infantry line.

The short details: You're facing approximately 200 ghost hounds and 600 Vendreti. There is a reserve block of armored Alquen regulars, but aren't moving to engage.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
11/7/2014 19:40:46   
Draycos777

Alrighty then, let the battles begin. TJByrum, who is going to be overseeing the cart of bombs? Ytha is the officer in charge of Je's bomb experts, so who will she be headed to? Hopefully they can handle her personality:P

Edit: Oh? Looks like Articis just might get to let loose after all. Hunting beasts is something he and his men do a lot in the mountainous forests of Je. Kerra will probably have some fun punch them to.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 11/7/2014 20:01:50 >
AQ  Post #: 118
11/7/2014 21:17:43   
TJByrum

@Everybody:

These hounds could disorganize us; just stay in position and hack away at them, I don't think they can do much damage. I went ahead and gave myself the advantage that my Varan warriors have already fought wolves dozens of times before, being that they're from Asgeir. Hope that's okay.

The Vendreti should not be a big deal either; they could not even keep formation and their light armor and practical shields should not be much against our own forces, who seem to be better trained (in my perspective).

Anyone in charge of any cavalry should have your forces go around our main force and flank the Venreti from the rear (once they close in on our line).

The only thing we need to worry about are the Alquen Regulars, but I don't foresee them moving anytime soon. When they do we'll use our Pikemen to bolster our ranks and fend them off.

The mages from the Oramus Collective are free to protect our swordsmen while the archers may continue to fire on the rear flanks of the Vendreti; they do NOT need to fire once the cavalry begins to flank else we risk friendly fire.

@Draycos: We never discussed the usage of explosives in this battle. I suggested them for a future battle.

@Kellehendros: What is the likelihood of sending out a hunting party and finding and capturing wild boars? I'm not talking about killing and eating them - only finding and capturing them. If that is to hard, would it be easier to find domesticated pigs in outlying farms or is the Pass too far from civilization for that?

Nobody ask me about my pigs. They're not for bacon.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/7/2014 21:28:08 >
DF AQW  Post #: 119
11/7/2014 21:28:29   
Starstruck

but I'm huuuuuuungry

Ok, I'm a little unclear where my soldiers are in this battle. Can someone explain?
DF MQ  Post #: 120
11/7/2014 23:10:48   
Zephyrial

Posted!

Kell, I hope you don't mind my use of colour. I feel that it would be a good thing to do both to distinguish it from Sayden's normal internal monologue, and also to highlight the arcane aspect of it. Plus, it's neat.

Starstruck, if I am correct, your men are part of the main 'swordsmen' block. That seems to be where most of our melee units are hanging out. The specifics of where you are within it are down to you to decide, I think.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 11/7/2014 23:18:13 >
Post #: 121
11/7/2014 23:27:03   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'd encourage you not to discount the viciousness and effectiveness of war dogs. Police dogs receive special training to take down criminals without causing crippling and debilitating long term injuries. War dogs are trained to rip out throats and chew off limbs. While armor is effective against teeth, it's hard to fight when a hundred pounds of dog is hanging onto you.

TJ, so far as having experience with wolves, that's in your discretion. You'll have an easier time getting hold of pigs than boars (and yes, I know you can use the rendered fat to enhance explosive reactions), but you'll have to send men out into the countryside to get them.

The dogs are spread out across the entire line, so each force in the infantry line would get a few. The largest concentration is, naturally, in the center, and none of them are directed towards the pike blocks. Expect the Vendreti to charge in hard and fast, though the ranks behind the initial three or four will be hurling javelins in to support the frontline fighters.

Star, your men are positioned in the infantry line. Their exact position is for you to determine, unless TJ is going to give a full organization for the line itself. The units with nailed down positions at this point are the Varan in the center, the Oramus Collective behind the infantry line, and the Thanisgard horsemen in the reserve line.

Edit: Zeph, I'm not thrilled with colored text (mainly because I'm an old-sh cool crotchety sort), but I acknowledge its utility, especially in this instance. It's fine.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 11/7/2014 23:31:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 122
11/7/2014 23:45:40   
Zephyrial

OK, thanks.

Trust me, it's not my cup of tea either. Too many bad memories of RPers writing solely in purple text...
Post #: 123
11/8/2014 5:40:16   
TJByrum

@Zeph: I'm going to let my subordinates (you guys) determine where you wanted your men to be located in the battle. I took the liberty of putting the Varan in the center to maintain the center of the supposed shield wall (which is the Varan's main strongsuit). The mages are behind us, as per our planning, and the Thanisguard cavalry are behind everyone.

@Kell: Sorry to underestimate the ghosthounds, Kell. You are free to explain in your next post that they proved to be deadlier than the wolves of Asgeir and some of the Varan actually struggled with them.

@Everybody: If the Vendreti are going to hurl javelins it is necessary for our frontline to maintain the defensive shield wall. I don't know if everybody brought shields, but I explained it pretty clearly that my Varan did.

New Orders: Dragonknightwolf, as soon as the Vendreti clashes with out own, would you feel comfortable moving around the battle and charging them from behind? 200 cavalry should be good. The other 100 should be your mounted archers who should not engage just yet, but be ready to fire upon the Alquen Regulars as soon as they decide to join the battle (if they do).

EDIT: I severely underestimated the effectiveness of the Oramus Collective. The rain of fire should help out tremendously.

Also, I will probably allocate a few of my men to go fetch pigs from the countryside if that is okay with Kellehendros after this battle, so some of my Varan probably won't be int he next one.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 11/8/2014 5:46:49 >
DF AQW  Post #: 124
11/8/2014 6:23:05   
black knight 1234567

Yo TJ, any orders for my duel wielding swordsmen/where they're located?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Rise of Domrius - OOC
Page 5 of 27«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition