Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2015 17:32:42   
Legendium

Posted. Hope the academy sends help soon.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 176
1/11/2015 18:01:55   
Riprose123

Would it be completely unorthodox to ask if I could play a dragon, who happens to be a tutor?
DF MQ  Post #: 177
1/11/2015 20:47:49   
MoonrayDrake

Hmm, this sounds very interesting, consider me interested. I'll be working on a bio for a student.

I just have a few questions: Would it be ok if I brought a pet, something like a small dragon-like creature, small enough to sit on your shoulder?

Second (and last) : is it allowed to mostly focus on one type of classes but still exhibit affinity for other ones? Like say, a swordfighter who has some magical capabilites but not necessarily their focus.
MQ  Post #: 178
1/11/2015 21:41:56   
Draycos777

quote:

almost anything is allowed in terms of pets provided it's not too much for you to handle and if it isn't too big to fit in your room

This should answer your first question Moonray:)
AQ  Post #: 179
1/11/2015 23:46:50   
MoonrayDrake

Just posting my Biography here, because I was very driven and typed it up in a few hours, and having a huge fear of it being eaten by the great big "glitch".
Just let me know if there's anything you need clarified or if anything's not entirely up to snuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Rose Lorinia

Race: Human

Magic
A note about Rose's magic: it's generally more innate magic than anything else. All of her magical powers are strengthened greatly when Anjer is nearby, as they can focus their bond into the magic to empower it. That said, she generally focuses more on physical combat.

Foundation Magic Power:

1.Empathic bond. Rose is mentally and emotionally connected to her friend Anjer, meaning she tends to know exactly where he is and vice versa. They can also somewhat detect eachother's mood, whether they're sad or not and such. Lastly, they are able to talk to eachother mentally if not too far apart from eachother.
2. Battle anticipation. When in battle, Rose will sometimes get a bit of insight into her opponent(think of this as giving her an idea of what type of attack the person would be using most, relying on swords, spears, magic, etc..). It is very rudimentary and oftentimes she does not realize this is happening until some time after so it is not always that useful.

Year 2 Starting Power:
1. Greater Battle anticipation: Expanding upon the 1st year power, Rose can now more accurately point out her opponent's style of fighting, especially if she already knows if that person is either a mage or a knight or something else. This causes her to be able to discern fighting patterns rather quickly, and enables her to find gaps in their defenses more easily. The only problem is that it still is a bit unreliable as to when it activates. It seems to work more reliably when Anjer is nearby.

Year 3 Starting Power:
1. Minor foresight: Rose is able to predict where her direct opponent and herself are, thirty seconds into the future. She is able to see where they both are and what the condition is they're in. Again, it is still a bit unreliable but less so than the former two years' powers.

Year 4 Starting Power:
1. Full Control Foresight: Rose is able to predict the conditions and positions of herself, her opponents and up to ten allies, about thirty seconds ahead of time, allowing her to plan accordingly. She is fully capable of invoking this, although it doesn't give her an actual picture in her mind, she can strengthen this and create a rough vision within her mind's eye if Anjer is nearby. Without Anjer, she can only generate rough concepts and words in her mind about the conditions of everyone involved in the vision.

Courses
First Year Study Option: Sword fighting
Second Year Study Option: Sword fighting
Third Year Study Option: Master of Arts
Fourth Year Study Option: Master of Arts

Appearance:
Rose Lorinia could be mistaken for someone much older than she actually is, partly due to the fact she is about five feet and eleven inches tall. Furthermore, something about her sky-blue eyes tells people that she's seen quite a bit of things happen
in her relatively short life that most people would never see in their entire life.
Not to mention the sharp gaze in her eyes when she meets someone for the first time, examining them and almost seeming to pierce right through you, exposing everything.
Her hair, a rosey-red colour, to which she owes her first name, reaching down to midway down her back, adds to the intriguing quality that Rose has around her.
Her body is relatively lithe and free of real muscle, though she is by no means out of shape, as she has done some carrying around of heavy and fabled objects, such as the famed buckets of farm animal nourishment. One could almost describe her
as a street rebel, which could work if she didn't generally walk around in very clean clothing, usually anything that fits her at the time, although she isn't one to wear skirts and big dresses like most of the girls her age would do.
Finally, being very fond of them, she almost always can be seen walking in her sturdy white walking boots.

Personality:
Rose Lorinia is, first and foremost, anything but needy. She is incredibly independant, and the only one she has a real attachment to is her pet, Anjer. To others, she gnerally acts according to what she feels they would expect of her,
but tends to be rather strict, both on herself and others as well. She's very competitive, however, and will often prove herself to be better than the rest, even if that involves abandoning her carefree nature. She often gets caught up in this and sometimes ends up hurting friendships over this.
Her competitiveness causes her to often take on more than is necessary(and sometimes than she can handle) just to prove herself. This has led to her being exhausted in the past, but in the end she's happy as long as she achieves what she set out to do. She's not wholly without reason though, and will listen to sound advice, though not necessarily from anyone and at any tone. Once she opens up a bit to people, she'll usually try to be understanding of others, but sometimes still expects people to live up to her own standards.
Finally, as much as she is competitive, she will readily accept defeat if beaten in a fair competition, no grudges held, though this does not mean she won't try harder next time.

History:
Rose Lorinia hails from an ordinary town, situated near an unnamed river with an equally nameless large forested area not too far away on the other side of said river. She was born into a family of five: a mother, father and three siblings, making her the sixth. Being the youngest of them all, she initially didn't really have any special tasks, and was instead pampered by her parents, especially considering she was their first (and last) daughter. Over time, Rose became less and less interested in being a spoiled kid, and often followed travelling merchants around the village to try and steal money and goods from them when they weren't looking, with mixed results. She often got into trouble, but everytime she was caught, she would vow to herself that next time she wouldn't get caught. She kept refining this art of stealing undetected until one day she was caught again, this time trying to steal from a local landlord. She was then faced with having her hands being cut off or join the landlord into his service as something that would almost equate to slave labour. She didn't want either, but her family didn't have much choice, as they weren't a very wealthy one, so they had to choose for the latter option. However, before the judgement and punishment could be carried out, she snuck out of the prison she was being kept in, being helped by the local town guard, who was quite sympathetic of her. She hid herself in the barn of an old farmer, hiding in the midst of the hay and animals, intending to come out after the landlord had left.

However, as it turned out, that night, a rather large group of undead monsters attacked the village without warning. Considering most of the village was completely unable to defend themselves or, in the case of the landlord and his followers, were completely drunk from a night's party, the fight was more of a massacre. Rose could hear the sounds of battle growing and coming nearer to her hiding place. Fearing she would be found out, she decided to make a run for the nearby forest, only to be found by a small group of skeletons, who set upon her. She would've died, if not for the appearance of a small dragon-like creature, covered in fur but otherwise looking every single bit like an actual miniature dragon. It sucessfully smashed one of the attacking skeletons to pieces, causing the rest to be distracted. Very soon after, an unknown man in armor came to her rescue from the forest, telling her to run, and find a place called the "Vanguard Academy". She complied and ran away, not knowing the man's identity or motives, except for his one command. The dragon-like creature soon found her again, and she found that she could speak to it by directing her thoughts at it. It introduced itself as Anjer and proclaimed that they were bonded together now, himself dubbing it "Spirit Buddies", something she appreciated.

Rose and Anjer eventually found another village, where she used the money she still had left to buy new clothes and her own small sword, to be able to defend herself, and asked for more directions to this Vanguard Academy. She was eventually helped on her way to this fabled Academy, with the intention of some day avenging her village, and, against better hope, perhaps find out if anyone from her family had survived, and maybe even figure out who the mystery armored figure was.
MQ  Post #: 180
1/12/2015 5:47:41   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Riprose123, I would say that any mixed Draconic race is allowed as far as races are allowed but a pure dragon cannot be allowed. Sorry.

@MoonrayDrake, Yep, such a character is most welcome as it gives the character multiple dimensions. Also, I believe Draycos777 has quoted the answer to your first question. :)

As such, Rose is accepted. That's a finely written bio. I welcome her into the Academy. You may post.

Legendium has done a fine job of driving the plot further by means of his post. I just returned to my college after my vacations and it's been a rather long and tiring journey. I'll just have some rest and then we'll start phase 2.

Welcome back, Moonray Drake. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 181
1/12/2015 7:13:54   
Bastet

Glad to have you on board, drake.
Post #: 182
1/12/2015 9:15:58   
Micosil

This looks interesting. I'm thinking of making a teacher, and since there's no point in making a class nobody wants to go to, what'd you all be interested in?

Also, hey everyone!
Post #: 183
1/12/2015 10:32:34   
Legendium

Hello again Micosil! Long time no see!

Well, we already have a sword tutor and a magic tutor, so I guess rogue is all that's missing.

@Moonray

Would Rose's foresight magic still work on a person who doesn't even know what his plan is until he is even in the battle? Or at least, would spontatnaeity affect her magic?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 184
1/12/2015 14:05:14   
MoonrayDrake

@Legendium: Well, it would depend. She probably wouldn't be able to predict what that person would do immediately until they know themselves, and she'd probably not know what they were going to do. But, at least with the highest form of her magic, she could at least predict if something else would affect them within the mentioned time span. But no, she probably wouldn't be able to (accurately) predict what that type of person would do and how they would act. In fact, it might trigger her curiosity!

@Arthur: Thanks for having me :) I"ll see if I can throw in an intro post asap.
MQ  Post #: 185
1/12/2015 15:23:22   
Kinzdor

@Leg Gibber while he could teach magic practel he`d be best attuned to magic theory just to point that out. This is assuming Art is using the same system from the first VA. I agree with you that we do need a rouge teacher, a 2nd made tutor is not without use. However I believe Rips new one might fill this role if only cause in my head dragons=magic.

quote:

First Years:

Respective Arts(Theory); Free Period; Extracurricular Period; Lunch; House Commune; Respective Arts(Practical); Sparring Period

@Micos Make whatever tutor you wish, most students are ether mages or rouges mainly but a good deal of them seem to be taking sword arts to so no staff member goes lonely. However like Leg said a rouge tutor would compete the set so to speak. However having two magic or sword tutors could allow one to be theory and the other to be Practical. A rouge teacher is needed atm but no one wants to force you into a role you don`t like playing. Unless Art says otherwise I believe any tutor is welcome.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
1/13/2015 3:38:43   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Did you know...? Vanguard Academy has a secret student organization under its foundations known only as The Sinister and that those who can find its chambers can actually take a shot at joining it. Although, their leader is always on the lookout for new talents. A Spin-off RP, The Sinister Gaiden had also been planned in these very forums itself, based on infiltrating a Dark Academy as agents of Sinister.

This Did you Know...? tidbit is one that few of you should be familiar with. Enjoy. :)

Anyways, I've posted and I must say, with the inclusion of MoonrayDrake and Kinzdor, we've had some very interesting developments. I now proceed with the second phase where we start our life in the Academy after nearly destroying Gryestaff. We are a chaotic lot, aren't we...? :p

For those of you who haven't read my IC post yet, a spoiler.

spoiler:

The barrier is gone.

Let's get through with this so we can be safely inside VA.

Also, do let me have your feedback as to how you felt about the opening phase of the RP. I am always trying to improve the quality of my RPs based on feedback from my fellow players. :)

@Micosil, Vingeth is an Alchemist so he'll be frequenting the Magic classes for the remainder of the two years, and Arlea is an Alchemist too. Furthermore, Magic has quite a few students so if you are comfortable with Magic, I believe that'll be okay. Rogue Arts too, has no tutor as of now so that's another point.

I feel like I am missing out on something here. Have I answered everyone's doubts...?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 187
1/13/2015 7:03:55   
Micosil

@Arthur: Oh, I love playing mages, no worries about that. Would it be possible to make a shadowblade-style char, more or less a mage with rogueish traits? That way I could cover until we get a proper fulltime rogue tutor. Thinking of a doppelganger specialized in illusions.

@Legendium: Long time no see indeed. My schedule's (finally) clearing up enough that I can have hobbies!

< Message edited by Micosil -- 1/13/2015 7:05:01 >
Post #: 188
1/13/2015 7:29:13   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Micosil, Yeah you can do that. It'll be nice to see such a character. The students might actually like you enough to want to have you as a full-time Rogue Arts teacher instead of a mage teacher :P
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 189
1/13/2015 8:35:31   
Micosil

Here we go then!

Name: Korb
Age: Old. Somewhere between two and three hundred years, but who's counting?
Race: Doppelganger

Appearance: Trying to describe a doppelganger is an exercise in futility given their natural ability to change shapes, but fortunately for us Korb does have a preferred shape to interact with the students. He generally looks like a man in his sixties, short black hair showing abundant gray streaks and a strong face with incipient wrinkles; though his most noticeable trait are his eyes - molten gold in his irises, warm and joyous. He's built rather lightly, with a fit body that still is far from being called muscular, marked with a variety of scars that most likely are just decoration, the face being free of them.

As for clothing, it varies wildly - he has a large wardrobe, which he supplements with both magic and natural abilities, so one day he might be dressed as a stern archmage from an ivory tower and the next like a wandering bard, depending on his whim.

Skills and Abilities:

Shapeshifter: Korb's a natural shapeshifter, and indeed has no shape he considers his own. His natural shapeshifting abilities extend to just about any humanoid creature he can picture, with or without tail (though extra limbs make things complex for him, since he's not used to them). Furthermore, doppelgangers have the ability to "copy" someone in their sight, perfect in every detail they can see.

Sleepless: As the name implies, Korb doesn't need sleep.

Magic stuff: As a mage, Korb specializes in illusions, being greatly skilled even in some rather complex uses of them; and then he'd describe himself as an utility mage, knowing spells with effects ranging from smoke patches to strength or speed enhancements, to unlocking things he shouldn't. He finds the use of fireballs and the such brutish and, most importantly, boring, so he's never bothered to learn any actual attack spells. He has, however, learned a couple of minor healing ones, more due to need than any actual liking of that.

Rogue stuff: Korb's natural traits lend themselves to the sneakier side of being a rogue, and he's an excellent infiltrator, spy and conman. He's relatively good at the whole assassination and ambushing part as well, though he dislikes the violence of it. Beyond that, he's a great fighter with two daggers, relying heavily on speed as is usual to gain an advantage; and he can play an array of instruments and talk several languages.

Primary Subject: Magic, Rogue Arts

Practical Magic:

"Control! Any buffoon can set a barn on fire, but which one of you can make just the single strand of it burn without igniting the rest? As young mages, you will not yet realize this, since now your main concern is managing to make something happen even if it's not exactly what you intended, but as your power increases so too will the risks if something goes wrong. And believe me on this, youngsters - you don't want to have to learn how to control your magic when it's powerful enough to destroy the room you're in. I will force you to learn restraint, I will make you bleed, I will make you cry, and when you're in the middle of the chaos that is a fight, bleeding from a dozen small wounds and gasping from lack of breath, you will thank me when your next spell doesn't blow up in your face."

Rogue Arts, Theory and Practice:

"Rogue arts is a beautiful name for a dodgy subject. What exactly makes a rogue? Everyone can picture the cloaked thief stealing in the night, or the thug in the woods waiting for a caravan, we can all see that a pickpocketing urchin from the streets would be a rogue, and even more so the bard that seduced the count's wife and had to run away in the night chased by their guards, but what do they have in common?

Simply put, the willingness to break the rules, the status quo, the established order. A rogue will set a goal for themselves, whether good or bad, and will only follow the limitations they themselves choose to accept. A certain degree of risk-taking and cunning are also part of the subject, as is the ability to improvise your way out of the sticky situations you'll inevitably find yourself in. A romantic way of putting it would be saying that a rogue is a free spirit, though I prefer to say that the only rule of the rogue is that there are no rules."

Secondary Subject: Theater

Personality: Korb's a generally friendly and upbeat person, easy to get along with and very happy to bend the rules given enough reason to. He takes his role as a teacher seriously, and he's generally available to students at any point in time. Underneath the outer, easygoing layer, however, he doesn't really like revealing much about himself or his past, and any attempts at questioning him are likely to be diverted or stonewalled unless the asker has earned his trust, which is a rather difficult thing to do.

History: Though the doppelganger doesn't talk about his past, he certainly has one. Where and how he was born is a secret to all but him, but he got started early in thievery and conmanship, utilizing his natural gifts to great effect - it didn't take long for him to realize that he was capable of doing more or less anything with impunity provided he planned it carefully enough. Driven by an instatiable curiosity and a desire to challenge himself, Korb has done a great many foolish things that had him fleeing from cities in one way or another just to return a few days later under a new disguise. His natural gift for magic did not lag behind in its development, however, and Korb soon found himself in desperate need for magic tuition as illusions appeared around him outside of his conscious control, leading to one of the riskiest choices in the doppelganger's life - impersonating a student at a magic academy and sneaking into it to receive lessons, a bad choice on its own but even worse when you're a mage with little to no control over your powers.

While it wasn't long until he was discovered, Korb had managed to learn enough to suppress the illusions for a few hours at a time, and with that and his skills at "acquiring" objects he was able to pay a proper tuition in the subject. From there on, he's done his fair share of experimenting and testing with his magic, testing and pushing it as much as he pushes his own physical aptitudes and his wit; so he's been in a fair share of adventures and risky situations, refining his abilities through them all.

Edit: That's obviously not all there is to his history, but I'd much rather reveal it through the RP, same as personality.

< Message edited by Micosil -- 1/13/2015 8:39:10 >
Post #: 190
1/13/2015 8:42:13   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Micosil, a mighty fine bio. Impressive in all aspects. Korb is accepted. I welcome him into the Academy.

For your opening post, since we're currently undergoing a phase change, feel free to start from anywhere on the scene. Or from anywhere inside the Academy.

Glad to have you with us.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 191
1/13/2015 9:36:19   
Draycos777

quote:

I now proceed with the second phase where we start our life in the Academy after nearly destroying Gryestaff. 

Wait i'm confused. Are we still posting about what's happening in Gryestaff or arec we now at the Academy? There was no transition between the two, so I believe we're still at Gryestaff. Yet, your quoted post says otherwise.
AQ  Post #: 192
1/13/2015 10:27:43   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

This is a transition phase. I meant that in this phase we'll be reaching the Academy.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 193
1/13/2015 10:30:59   
Kinzdor

@Micosil Nice char you have there. Jessie should enjoy this teacher. Jessie will be studying rouge arts and magic during her time at the academy. I may also have her do theather so they will be seeing alot of each other. They also both use illusoin magic, so she may ask him somethings regarding there special brand of magic during his office hours.

< Message edited by Kinzdor -- 1/13/2015 10:34:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
1/13/2015 11:15:40   
Bastet

I'll have a post up soon enough.
Post #: 195
1/13/2015 13:00:25   
Micosil

@Arthur: Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm throwing Korb right into the action, and here's to hoping I didn't overstep my bounds with the flashy lightshow. I'm so rusty T.T

@Kinzdor: Sounds like she could get a lot out of it... or if she manages to get him to dislike her, she's going to be very, very sad for a long while. Also, if she wants lessons beyond the standard, she's going to have to prove that she can make use of them.
Post #: 196
1/13/2015 13:28:59   
Draycos777

Hey Art, is it still alright if I make a tutor? I'm think of fulling in for the rogue spot, but the character I have in mind will be slightly like Korb only switched around. She'll be mostly rogue with a bit of magic mixed in. Also will it be ok if she's one of the people from the Academy that comes to help or should she be it the students in Gryestaff?
AQ  Post #: 197
1/13/2015 13:33:08   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Draycos777, I was hoping such a character would be there. One who would come with the reinforcements. Go right ahead, although, keep a proper bias towards your dominant subject.

@Micosil, Classic post.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 198
1/13/2015 13:54:09   
Zephyrial

Christ almighty, Micosil. That's some utility magic!

I've been procrastinating, apologies for that. I'll get on a post now.

EDIT: Posted.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 1/13/2015 14:45:57 >
Post #: 199
1/13/2015 14:28:13   
MoonrayDrake

@Micosil: If you're rusty, it didn't show, good show, and I don't just mean the magic you worked :P

As for posting, I'll let others post a bit first, otherwise I'll feel like I'm being pushy. Don't worry, Rose'll come running soon enough.
MQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition