Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2015 15:49:29   
Draycos777

Alrighty then, here she is.

Name: Real name: N/A, known as: Arachnid

race: human

appearance: Arachnid has long, back-length, black hair and violet eyes that seem to glow in the dark. She is caucasian and quite tall, being around 5'10. Arachnid is always seen wearing a black kimono, with green floral designs that run all across it.

Skill: A true bred assassin, Arachnid knows the weak points of most races and take's advantage of them in her fights. Two steel tips claws on each of her middle fingers, are coated with a poison that she specifically made herself. Arachnid is also skilled with a pair of wristblades, coated in the same poison, that are hidden by the long sleeves of her kimono. Arachnid also utilizes a wire that is made of strains of woven spider silk, from the strongest threads.

Abilities: Control over magical creatures(in Arachnid's case, magical spiders). Arachnid can communicate and control spiders that are infused with or live off/with magic. The only one that she's ever known that to not be effect by her magic is Alerhind, who is her partner and follows her orders anyway.

Primary Subject: Practical Use of the Rogue Arts.

Sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. These are your five senses, but what would you do if one of them was taken away while fighting an opponent? Would you run? What if you couldn't? Would you call for help? What if no one was around? Would you hide? Then what if you are found? The Rogue Arts, while many believe are simply for thugs and pocketpickers, is in essence the training of your five senses. This class will train you to see your enemy, even though you are blind and to hear them even while you are deaf, while at the same time taking these very sense away from your foe. Most people fear the unknown, but I know that since you are here taking this class you do not. If you can step into the darkness and return into the light safely, then the rogue arts will bow and open many doors for you.

Secondary Subject: the Understanding and Training of Magical Animals.

Personality: Arachnid almost always has a ulterior motive to whatever she does. Whether this is good or bad to the students is from their own point of view. However she always sees whatever mission she has been give through to the end and her current mission is the safety and train of the students of Vanguard Academy. Arachnid's voice is soft but has a sternness that commands respect and can change to be subtlety venomousness if angry. Even though her sandals are made of wood, Arachnid makes no sound as she moves, which causes people to think she came from nowhere although she can been walking by them for awhile. She also has a habit of having her spiders drop on top of the heads of students that aren't listening to her.

History: Not much is known about Arachind's past other then the fact that she is the last remaining member of an assassin order called, 'The Way of the Fallen Lotus Flower'. An assassin group that specialized in poisons. Six years ago Arachnid returned from a mission to find that her order had been wiped out by one of the Shadowsycthe's conquering waves. Now without a home or job, Arachnid wandered into a town unsure of what to do next. She wouldn't steal or kill randomly, she was an assassin not just some random thug from the streets. She though of seeking a master, but in these times at best, she'd just become the bodyguard of some cowardly noble. Hardly the life she wanted. She had almost given up and thought of learning some simply life skill when she ran into Gray Vaedian.

He told her not to leave her past behind but to use her skills to teach the next generation at Vanguard. Teaching children? Arachnid doubted it was her forte, but it was a much better proposal then what she had in mind. She knew nothing else then her skills as an assassin, and it never once helped anyone(other then letting them sleep for as long as they like). The chance that what this man was saying was slim, but if it was true and she could really use her skills to help stop the things that took her order away from her, then she would do so.

The only problem was her pet and partner Alerhind. He was much bigger then what the students were allowed to bring with them. Alerhind was never suppose to become as big as he was but due to their bond and his desire to protect his master, he grew quite large. If fact he was big enough that Arachnid would use him as a mount from time to time. Arachnid refused to leave without him and Alerhind never left her side. SO a condition was made. Alerhind could come along and would live in the Academy's forested area to act as a guardian. His job would be to scare students away from the forest if they started to venture to deep within as well as to keep things within the forest from entering the Academy; he was also to not interfere with the lessons that happened outside the Academy and within the forest.

With this Gray 'hired' Arachnid as a tutor for Vanguard.

Hope this is alright.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/13/2015 21:39:06 >
AQ  Post #: 201
1/13/2015 17:22:23   
Micosil

@Arthur, Moonray: Hah, thanks! ^_^ Glad to hear I've still got it, guess I was just holding myself to silly standards.

@Zephyrial: Utility magic is such a bland term! I honestly love it, though, since it makes people think that it's weak magic. Couldn't be further from the truth.

@Draycos: Sounds like an interesting concept - she's almost the polar opposite of Korb, like a reflected version. Still, I can see'em getting along, or at least bouncing off each other in a way that'll help character progression.
Post #: 202
1/13/2015 17:27:19   
Draycos777

@Micosil Hmm, how so? (I'm probably just missing it in his bio)
AQ  Post #: 203
1/13/2015 17:33:38   
Micosil

Well, he's a mage with a side of rogue, and she's a rogue with a side of mage. He likes subtletly and subterfuge and dislikes violence, she's an assassin, which always involves a certain degree of violence, even through poison. She's young, he's old, genders are opposite too... Just seems like despite their similarities in what they do, they both look at it in extremely different ways.
Post #: 204
1/13/2015 17:37:14   
Kinzdor

quote:

the Understanding and Training of Magical Animals.

This is more or less what Gibber teaches, as his 2nd subject. No worries though, I can always have him teach something else. Maybe music or some type of herbs class where he shows you how to pick them in the wild, how to grow some in a garden, how to use them for potions, medicine and etc. (Maybe we can stick Legs guy in there as pently for destroying the herb) Though Gibber my be a tad jealous of her, for having the job he wanted. Which could be interesting, doubly so since I don`t think a goofy nature spirit like Gibber is gonna mix well with a mission oriented mind set.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
1/13/2015 17:37:41   
Draycos777

Ah, I see. Hmm that could indeed be interesting. It seems the way they view the rogue arts greatly differs as well. I guess only time will tell how they'll interact with eachother.

@Kinzdot

quote:

Study of Fantastic and Magical Creatures

I thought this is what he taught, which is different from the Understanding and Training of Magical Creatures. You can study them all you like but until you understand the way they think and act. You cannot hope to truly live and train them, let along form a bond with one. This is what Arachnid believes and teaches.

Edit: Although Kit wouldn't mind having Mal be placed in a herb class XD

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/13/2015 17:46:12 >
AQ  Post #: 206
1/13/2015 17:51:38   
Kinzdor

Makes sense, never thought of it that way. So Gibbers class would be more text book type study of the magical anmil kingdom simler to a Zoology or veterinary sceines class where as she teaches you how to train and bond with anmils.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 207
1/13/2015 21:41:15   
Draycos777

That's what I thought it might be like, however it is your class so I cannot say how it would be taught. It would be up to Gibbers how he teaches his class.
AQ  Post #: 208
1/13/2015 23:16:11   
Kinzdor

Thinking on it I think I`ll have the class focus on creature behaviors, and anatomy. To prepare the students if they ever run into a herd of grolliephents or need to slay a tog. Gibber being a fawn would put a emphasizes in the fact that while it`s ok to slay them if needed that there are other ways to deal with them, and would focus on anmil behaviors, psychology and etc. I imange there`d be some focus on tracking and such to, maybe not any practice in it but discussed from a theory stand point. Ie no going out and tracking anything but like looking at the difference between a snevil and tog footprint. This`ll be a fun class.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 209
1/14/2015 9:46:29   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

If you are both comfortable with your own aspects of the common subject, then I have absolutely no problem.

Arachnid is accepted. I welcome her into VA.

@Zephyrial, no problem. It's okay to take a break at times.^^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 210
1/14/2015 11:58:03   
Draycos777

Then I shall get started on a post for her:) Kit mean while, I'll wait til Bastet has posted.

Edit: Posted. Sorry for any trauma that Alerhind might cause any of the new students:P

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/14/2015 15:41:51 >
AQ  Post #: 211
1/14/2015 16:02:37   
Bastet

Not trying to hold you back guys, but school and other events are making it really hard for me to get my RP posts written. I'm sorry, but I promise I'll have one up by tomorrow.
Post #: 212
1/14/2015 17:21:02   
Draycos777

It's no problem Bastet:)

Edit: Oh and the new students are free to mistake Alerhind for an enemy and attack him. I'm sure he'll be annoyed by it, but I wonder how I'll get him to work around that with his orders.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/14/2015 18:25:24 >
AQ  Post #: 213
1/15/2015 15:57:59   
Bastet

Post's up. A bit shorter than I would've liked, but it'll have to do for now.
Post #: 214
1/16/2015 1:20:46   
Riprose123

Unifinished bio is unfinished.

spoiler:

Name: Marin Le'Steniene

Race: Helian (Helians are a race of sentient, bipedal humanoids hailing from deep inside the planet, closer to the core than any other race dares to dwell. They appear mostly human in appearance, with lighter complexions. Helians can be distinguished from humans by the faint light that shines off of them, as well as the decreased surface temperature of their skin. Helians keep their heat completely internal. Helians don't breath in the sense humans do, either. They are sustained not by a beating heart, but by a process of atom collision which closely resembles nuclear fusion, though on a much smaller scale. He gives off oxygen as a by product of his respiratory needs, taking in water vapor from the air, and breaking it down into it's key components, hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen is later used in nuclear fusion, while the oxygen is released mixed with helium through pores in his skin. Helians do not possess a heart; a density less matter known as plasma flows through their body continuously, sustained by it's own energy. A Helian's hydrogen needs are much smaller than the human oxygen equivalent, and as such, it can be days and even weeks before a Helian can be seen taking a breath. Helians can control how bright or how dim their glow is, as it is a hereditary power possessed by all their people.)

Magic
Foundation Magic Power: Emotional Leech: Marin is an emotional leech. When one is standing near him, bad emotions, such as sadness, anger, lust, envy, etc. are lessened, though they do not completely disappear. They are transferred to Marin via an empathetic link he unknowingly creates to those around him. The link only works to the extent of transferring emotions to Marin, and most will not be able to detect it beyond the easing of their troubled hearts.
Aura visibility: Marin can differentiate between people by the emotions they give to him through an empathetic link, showing itself as a soft outline of glowing color around the person. Due to the mental capacity of the link, the range is quite far, and Marin is able to see them through walls and other solid objects.
Year 2 Starting Power: Emotion Manipulation: Marin is able to control the emotions inside himself, sorting through them and isolating them when need be, and even creating new ones inside that would not have developed normally at the time. This allows him to cope with the flood of emotions he absorbs from others, as well as counteract them with synthetic or genuine emotions that he puts in place.
Year 3 Starting Power: Empathy: Expanding on the empathetic link created by his year 1 power, Marin can interact with someone through the link, given that the subject is willing. He can read the emotions of another person much clearer, as well as being able to impose new emotions into a willing mind, and communicate directly through the use of rudimentary memory transfer, i.e. the sending of images, scents, textures stored inside his memory. Marin has little control over what he can send through the empathetic link; that is controlled by the subject alone. The epitome of this power comes to healing, which Marin can preform only if the subject is willing to open themselves to Marin openly. This exposes Marin to the most inner parts of the emotions the subject feels and the memories they have, and causes both to enter a catatonic state.
Year 4 Starting Power: Heart of Stone: The complete and perfect accumulation of emotion manipulation, with this power, Marin can center himself, entering a state of extreme calm. This lets him clear his mind, allowing him to learn at a much faster rate than others, as well as absorb and process information at an accelerated rate. He is much more resistant to mind altering effects in this state. While submerged in the Heart of Stone, however, he often seems apathetic and uncaring, focusing only on goals to such an extreme that he no longer has any concern for his comrades.

Courses(Once decided will NOT be changed)
First Year Study Option: Sword Fighting
Second Year Study Option: Alchemy and Magic
Third Year Study Option: Mage
Fourth Year Study Option: Mage

Appearance:(What does your character look like?)

Personality:(What kind of a person are you?)

History:(Whats your story? What led to your coming to this Academy?)

Name: Mazeek Nashtean'Kesh'Partenkenkan
Race: Nesterel.(One of the nomadic cat people of the south deserts and northern plains. The Nesterel stand a few inches taller than most humans, and all share the same similar aspects of fur, toe walking, tails, elongated pointed ears, more canine teeth than any other humanoids, claws, whiskers, a snub nose, cat-like pupils, pads on their feet resulting in reduced noise when moving, and the ability to see in the dark. They also possess heightened senses, being able to smell odors and hear things a normal human could not.

The Nesterel are a fierce and proud people, with traditions in both hunting and war. Their warriors, called Braves, are some of the most feared forces in the land. The Nesterel of the northern plains fully embrace the hominids who chose to settle near them, and are on good relations as long as the colonists respect their land and traditions. The nomadic tribes of the desert, however, are more conservative, keeping to the old ways and being indifferent to outsiders, and hostile to colonists who try to settle on their territory. The tribes are mostly independent, sometimes uniting under a War Lord in times of war or when faced with an uncertain future. The north has a system of organized government, with towns, cities, and villages being represented by a village Elder, Mystic, and Savage, each representing the three pillars of life; the Elder the commoners, the Mystic practitioners of the mystic arts, as well as the priests and shamans, and the Savage the Braves and hunters. These three representatives meet in the capital city of Mel-Dren, located in the central, land locked planes. The language spoken by all Nesterel is Al’Sharin, with the dialect differing from the two nations in small aspects, while slang ranges vastly from tribe to tribe, region to region. When speaking common(English), the northerners have a slight lilt, like the Scottish people, while the southerners tend to have more of a Russian accent.)

Appearance: Mazeek is old, that goes without saying. His eyes are sullen in his skull, still bright with intelligence and good will, shining a bright blue, but tired and world weary, showing years of experiences, surrounded by wrinkles and dark spots.

Skills and Abilities (Expand or collapse as needed)

Primary Subject: [Sword Fighting/Rogue Arts/Alchemy and Magic]
Paragraph on Primary Subject: [Write atleast one paragraph with your understanding on the subject you are opting for)
Secondary Subject: OPTIONAL [Any of the available ExtraCurriculars]

Personality:
History:

< Message edited by Riprose123 -- 1/29/2015 23:05:48 >
DF MQ  Post #: 215
1/16/2015 2:55:57   
Kinzdor

Posted, split it up cause thought it flowed better that way. WE should start actually moving to the academy soon. I also found the VA IC, and read some of it my posts back then *cringe* I hope i`ve improved a least a bit since then.

@Rip Seems like a interesting char race and power wise. I imange those powers may take a tole personality wise, taking a chunk of others bad emotions? Can`t be fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 216
1/17/2015 4:28:53   
Legendium

@Rip

My chemist side wants to point out all the scientific flaws in your character, but this is fantasy; no one really gives about any scientific laws. I mean, we've already broken much of what we know about medicine by being able to pop the heads off of skeletons with nothing but our palms.... I mean seriously, do these skeletons have osteoporosis or something?

Anyways, if you care to know, the flaws are: Helium is not flammable (But you could have replaced it with hydrogen), hydrogen does not exist in the air in it's most basic form of H2 (It's too light, it would float up to the stratosphere anyways), a cold-blooded creature (which is, I assume what you mean by keeping heat internal) would still burn up close to the earth's core anyways, and nuclear fusion (As far as I understand it) could not in any way replace a heart. If they have blood, it needs a pump. And I don't think nuclear fusion works that way.

Not that it matters... It is fantasy after all.

@Kinz

Yeah, I think you have improved since then. You still make some mistakes and some sentences don't flow very well but hey, we're all human, and all humans make mistakes.

Well, I'm considering making a tutor now because everyone else is. Expect one soon.

EDIT: Is this an okay paragraph for a magical theory professor? I've decided to base magic off of science in my case, because I can actually say something during classes then.

"To truly understand magic, you must know this: Magic is about models and theories. Magic can be interpreted in almost any way, which is why there is such a diverse range of talented wizards in this world. However, all models and theories have their faults. A paladin's understanding of magic will inherently inhibit his capabilities of practicing other types of magic, such as telekinesis or illusion. Likewise, an illusionist will not be likely to understand the ways that a conjurer or alterer practices their magic, and thus, with their understanding of magic, they will never be able to cast the spells and do the things that other wizards can.
Of course, many attempts have been made to create a universal way of thinking which opens up every possibility of magic in one go. Unfortunately, due to the very nature of magic, this is impossible. However, it is possible to create a model of magic which will open up a broad scope of abilities. In this course, we will be using one of the most common and famous magical models to teach: the models of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I assume you will all have some "understanding" of magic which will render these ways of thinking as abstract and without a link to the real world, but in due time you will understand.
We will be starting the first year getting very basic coverage of each of the three subjects. I will have to ask you to clear the slate of what you may know at this time in order to truly understand what we will be doing. We will start with learning the basic anatomy of various common races with specific links to the brain, reservoir of mana and how best to draw upon it. After this we will move on to the basics of chemistry, of how the world around us functions. This will give you a basic understanding of how to change the world around you and use it to fight for you. After this, the last topic of the year will be physics, understanding how objects move and how to manipulate the five forces of the world. From then on, the first year will be finished and you will be required to specialize your abilities. Should any want to continue later on into the realm of physics and chemistry and pursue a purely theoretical path, I will be an available tutor for second years and higher."

< Message edited by Legendium -- 1/17/2015 4:59:31 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 217
1/17/2015 7:41:19   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Riprose123, that is a really cool character you have in the making there. However, you are missing an extra power for the Foundation Year. Other than that, everything is good with your character's powers. Also, that race is very different. I like the depth of thought you've put into it.

@Legendium, Everyone has their own understanding of magic and if you can explain your point of view to the students, I believe that gives an additional dimension to their learning. Your paragraph, I see follows something akin to what I think is known as "magiscience" in crude terms. It's acceptable.

< Message edited by Arthur -- 1/17/2015 7:42:41 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 218
1/17/2015 9:47:40   
Riprose123

@Legendium & Arthur Unfinished bio is unfinished. I wrote mot of all that is there at 1 in the morning. :p There are bound to be errors.

< Message edited by Riprose123 -- 1/17/2015 11:20:00 >
DF MQ  Post #: 219
1/18/2015 19:34:25   
Kinzdor

@Leg Not sure who`s post who were referring to but Jessie just broke off his jaw with a rock to the face. A good pop with a hard rock, at enough force should be able to dislocate a jaw. Add on the fact that these bones are provably rather weak, ya the jaw came flying off.

Also you can`t assume these bones to be strong as they could be. While there is healing magic Lore lacks most modern medicine and I doubt everyone has access to healers, not to mention there diets don`t seem healthy so that could weaken there bones compared to modern standards. There also dead which brings up two things. First of all there death may have damaged the bone, maybe they fall and broke something or maybe they had rickets. The second thing is unless the necromancers blasts the skins and organs away with magic, it`s safe to assume that the tissue rotted away. These bones are probably quite old and may have started to decay themselves. Not to mention that the only reason are dead last so long is burial. Bones decay faster when exposed to sunlight, weather and etc imange how the combat effects them. The bones are probably rather weakened already.

Popping off the head with bare hands may be to extreme but the bones should be weak enough, that we can break them easier then healthy bones.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
1/23/2015 17:22:29   
Legendium

@Kinz

I was referring to Draycos' tutor breaking bones with the force of her palms. Even if the bones are rotten or full of holes and so on, wouldn't you at least expect the necromancers to strengthen the bones back to normal at least? What's the point of having an army if it can be destroyed by a kindergartener with a baseball bat? It would be far more energy intensive to find and raise more dead than to simply strengthen a few bones in a smaller army which will ultimately last longer for it.

And this is a different thing, but how are the diets of Lorians unhealthier than ours? Nowadays we're chemically loaded with processed food. Food from those times may have had more potential disease, but they probably aren't any better off. But that's aside the point.

It's fantasy. Let's just leave it at that. Inconsistencies with science? Magic. Done.

And just a side note: Please don't write there instead of their. It's... Well, I'm a grammar Nazi, but it's really annoying and makes it difficult to read your posts sometimes. (I hope I'm not being offensive. I did say please after all)

I've also decided to reverse my potential application for a tutor; I've run out of inspiration unfortunately, and what seemed like a great idea no longer feels so great. Sorry about that,
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 221
1/26/2015 1:34:43   
Schizo

Hm, I really feel like joining this.
Post #: 222
1/29/2015 12:27:37   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Woah....!!

College has really kept me busy.

Anyways, next post, will be a massive time-skip right at the Academy's Gate. No more loitering around.

Thanks for your patience, guys.^^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 223
1/29/2015 12:46:37   
Bastet

No problem, Arthur. We've all been busy lately.
Post #: 224
1/29/2015 22:58:18   
Riprose123

Started a tutor bio, because I have an idea I like too much not to use. Hope to have both bios completed by this weekend
DF MQ  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition