Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Hunt - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hunt - OOC
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2015 21:20:35   
Master K

I'm kind of interested in this, to be honest, and I have a character idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/12/2015 18:47:00   
Tdub

Thanks for letting me know, you're perfectly welcome to submit a bio at any time.
Post #: 27
1/12/2015 21:29:40   
dethhollow

Interested in joining, but I'd like to know two things. How well-known is Vlade outside of Galiarin and would our character be aware of the cult's goal to keep Vlade from being revealed? Sorry if I'm getting something wrong, but I assume people would know about the cult's intention and would know Vlade's name within Galiarin.

Actually, now that I think about it, out of curiosity, one last question. Are there any rules against working with the cult or trying to become a mercenary for Vlade?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
1/12/2015 21:54:40   
Tdub

1. Not very well known outside of Galiarin. Vlade only operates within the country, and while the name may be recognized in neighboring countries, it wouldn't ahve the same impact as inside. And people several countries over from Galiarin will have never heard it.

2. Yes, your character will be aware of the Cult. However, the Cult hasn't been active much until just after this RP starts, so you probably wouldn't know much of the workings.

3. I was actually hoping someone would ask this. Yes, you can be a member of the Cult of Waking Sun. Not an officer, not a leader, but a member. As for trying to work with or for Vlade, I'm afraid that would be out of bounds. Sorry.

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions if you need to.
Post #: 29
1/13/2015 13:37:34   
Lazo

Interesting. I'm going to drop an old bio here and apologize for the format in advance.

Name: Faint
Race: Human
Appearance: Faint stands at about 5’7’’, with a lithe frame, clear skin and delicate features to go with her rather attractive figure. Her long, slightly curly hair is a dark auburn, picked up in a pony-tail for convenience, and has a healthy gloss to it that speaks of ample care. That said, the way her jade colored eyes only seem to carry a permanent frown or intense gleam, one would find it difficult to believe she would give as much time to such things as it appears.

Her clothing is not overly complicated, consisting of a brown, pocketed leather vest over a loose burgundy tunic, form fitting brown pants held in place by a sturdy black belt, and black boots reaching just under her knees. The vest cuts open triangularly above her breast, allowing the tunic’s collar to fold outwards, giving her an air of authority. On each of her hips, attached to the belt are two sheathed daggers, along with a small leather satchel.

Belongings: Beyond the slender daggers sheathed to her belt, Faint carries a few other knives on her person. If one pays enough attention they may see a handle peeking from under her boot, or small bumps under her sleeves.

Additionally, she always makes sure to keep some lock picking tools on her person, typically in her satchel or one of her vest’s pockets.

Personality: While making certain allowances for dry wit and humor, Faint has an overall serious and sensible demeanor, often adopting the role of the voice of reason, a no nonsense attitude displayed in the expectant, almost bored look in her eyes.

This look tends to be replaced by a calculating, clinical glare whenever she catches wind of something that might benefit her, particularly if it stands to add to the weight of her purse. While she has lines she will not cross – even thieves have standards – one could not be faulted for thinking she would be willing to trade her mother to get her way. Then again, depending on how attached she is to a particular person, others might be fair game.

Faint is not the kind to visibly lash out when angered, but she has been known to bear grudges. A good way to put yourself on her bad side is to comment on her age or criticize her appearance.

History: Faint was born to a poor family living in a large city’s slums along with one older brother. According to her parents, they had once been an affluent merchant family, but had been driven out of business by competition and new policies set in place after the former king’s passing. One way or another, she never once saw any of that coin, as her parents seemed content to live off charitable souls and prayer to random deities who may somehow reverse their fortunes.

Faint took it upon herself to help her family however she could, and from a very early age began taking food off stalls and gathering dung from the stables near the city’s edge to light up the hearth. Her brother did not take kindly to this, jealous of the way their parents seemed to have become dependent of her. Beatings started, and combining it with her budding talent in magic, other young kids who wanted to give the freak a peace of their mind joined in. She never told her parents how she got new bruises every day, or why she spent more and more time away from home as days passed. The threat in her brother’s eyes was ever present, ‘tell them, and it will be the last thing you do.’ She suspected that, in some level, her parents knew, but couldn’t bring themselves to believe their elder son would do such a thing to his baby sister.

One particular day, when she was looking for food and stray coins, she misjudged her mark and pickpocketed a very particular stranger. He caught her in the act, and by some twist of fate ended up meeting the man who would become her mentor. An old hand at the thieving business, and perhaps at some point a bloodier kind of enterprise, as his skill with knives and some of his connections attested to, for some reason decided that the little girl who had tried to cut his purse would make for a good pupil. Suffice to say, he taught her everything she knows, and she might have developed a small crush for the old man in the time she knew him.

She suspected the thief would give her a place to stay if she asked, but she kept going back home to help her family, skillfully avoiding her brother, and at times managing to fend him off when he came for her. In her brother’s mind, it was clear that this would not stand.

One night, he ambushed her in the streets. She had been careless and didn’t notice him following her in her usual foray into the city. By the time she became aware of him, he had pounced on her. He cursed her, beat her, told her that she was weak, and told her how he planned to sell her off to the city’s mines. She became desperate and managed to conjure up an illusion to distract him. While he was distracted, she picked up a rock and bashed him on the back of the head. He did not wake up from the impact. Panicking, she went to her family and told them what had happened. They would not take her after that debacle. Much as it had been accidental, in killing their son, she had not revealed a darkness in her brother’s heart, but the one in hers. Instead she moved in with the thief, who offered a surprisingly warm shoulder to cry on.

This went on for some years, Faint learning under the thief and eventually being taken into the folds of the city’s Thieves’ Guild. Eventually, the thief was captured in one particular heist. He was meant to be brought to a prison to wait for his trial, but he never made it. The official statement claims that it was a clerical error that had him sent to the gallows rather than a cell, but all involved caught a glimpse of the strings moving behind the accident.

It was… regrettable, but it was something the thief had prepared her for. Theirs was a dangerous profession, and as such, she marched on until she made a mistake of her own. Faint was hired to take over a small caravan meant for a powerful noble before the caravan entered the city proper, past the slums beyond the wall. She succeeded, but soon learned that the noble had ties to the city’s Assassins’ guild, and part of the shipment was in fact a very rare artifact meant for its head. The Thieves’ Guild had a standing arrangement with the Assassins’ Guild, but, due to a recent internal upheaval against the latter’s leadership and its supporting elements, the Assassins were in a state of disarray. Fearing the possible repercussions, a cull being among the possibilities, the Thieves’ Guild disavowed Faint, leaving her on her own. Eventually, she was forced to fake her own murder in order to flee the city, leaving the stolen object behind.

It seems, however, that she did not manage to entirely escape their notice. A year later, she was contacted by a man claiming to be a liaison from the Assassin's Guild, and was given a tempting offer. The guild would forget her transgressions, and offer payment, if she were to investigate the mysterious Vlade.

Skills, spells and abilities: Faint prides herself in her prowess as a thief, and as such it should not come as a surprise that she knows her way around pockets, locks and areas certain powerful people would rather she did not know her way around.

While skillful with her chosen weapons and very accurate with her throwing knives, daggers are not the most effective weapons in direct confrontations against well-armed foes, or even animals and monsters with particularly thick hides. Faint knows this, and as such prefers to either avoid fights altogether or, should that not be possible, ambush and cheat her way through a confrontation.

This is aided by her talent in illusion magic. Since she never had actual instruction in the use of her magical abilities, the more complicated illusions such as invisibility spells and the creation of illusory bodies that don’t look out of place in a real environment remain outside her area of competence. However, through practice and experimentation, she has managed to repurpose certain cantrips to her needs. The first one is akin to a perception filter, rendering her the most bland and uninteresting thing in the room. The effects of this illusion can be easily broken under duress and scrutiny, or through the use of senses other than sight, so it tends to be most effective while in a crowd. While it lasts, eyes simply skip over her without really seeing. The second is a form of aural manipulation, allowing her to change a noise’s volume, pitch, and to apparent origin. Particularly, this allows her to muffle footsteps, create diversions, and disguise her voice. The third one is an illusion that overlays an object’s appearance with small aesthetic changes. Should the changes be small enough, they can be maintained indefinitely. It certainly cuts off time from her morning rituals.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
1/13/2015 17:08:15   
Tdub

An excellent bio that is both specific and informative. Accepted. I look forward to involving the Assassins' and Thieves' Guilds in the mess of war and politics that will commence.
Post #: 31
1/13/2015 17:56:38   
Master K

I'm trying to come up with a bio, but in the meantime, I have a question on what I can and cannot include in terms of magic...
Would it be acceptable to have magic to...animate minor constructs? Clockwork comes to mind for an idea in my head in terms of how to define this character...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/13/2015 18:21:08   
Tdub

Minor constructs would be acceptable, I suppose. Nothing man-sized, but smaller things would work.

I realize the majority of people here are used to high-magic RPs with mage and sorcerer characters, and I apologize to everyone for putting a limit on that. However, I promise it's not just because I'm mean, there's an actual purpose to this.
Post #: 33
1/13/2015 19:21:43   
dethhollow

I may be postponed until tomorrow night to get the bio up. I've got a concept ready and pretty much fleshed out and I could probably rush it a bit and get it out tonight, but I want to make sure I do a good job for this and I've got somewhere I have to be tomorrow, so just thought I'd give you a head's-up about that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
1/13/2015 19:32:13   
Master K

Name: Nire Issvor
Age/Race/Gender: 19/Human/Male

Appearance: Nire stands at roughly 5'7'', and is overall thin in build, with a modest bit of muscle. His most drawing feature is his near platinum hair, which shines with an almost unnatural sheen. It's medium length, and is curly, though Nire makes sure that it's not unruly in appearance. His skin is fairly white, but does show a faint tan to it, and he bears no notable marks or scars. His eyes are a dull green color, and if examined closely, appear to have flecks of grey in them. His demeanor is distant and aloof, with his expression indicating that he is disconnected from reality.

His clothing is rather light, as he does not prefer heavy armor. He wears a large overcoat, which is faded white in appearance, and ends off just before his knees. It's faded white in appearance, and has prominent bronze buttons, each carefully etched with his families' insignia. Said insignia simply bears the design of a decorated rapier and mallet crossed, with the graphic of a scroll behind the two items. On his left hand, he wears a bronze gauntlet and glove, that covers the entirety of his hand. On the wrist of the gauntlet is also his families' insignia. On his right hand, he wears a bronze bracelet, bearing his families' insignia. On his right arm, woven in to his jacket sleeves, are three bronze hoops.

His pant's are nothing remarkable, simply just brown trousers that compliment his bronze accouterments. His boots, however, are bronze in nature as well, to match his gauntlet.

Personality: Nire appears to be a very distant person in terms of behavior. He's quite reclusive, tending to keep to himself, as he see's people as distractions if he's not actively engaged with them. It seems as if he's lost in his own world. If he does decide to have words, however, he comes off as respectful, and quite scholarly in nature. He tends to not look for conflict, but if it so arises, he'll attempt to use his words and deceitful tactics to get out of it. He's not entirely rigid, however, and if he can be brought to words, he's friendly and has a sense of humor. He also has a strong sense of pride.

Weapons and Belongings: He owns a short sword, designed in the similar manner of a Basket Hilted sword. Though being steel in material, it's bronzen in color, to match the rest of his attire. It's blade is two feet in length. If worse comes to worse, a punch from his gauntlet would probably hurt. It has it's own similarly colored sheath that is strapped to his side.

With him, he also carries a small puppet. It's about a foot and a half in height, and despite being made from other materials, it's bronzen in color. It's a very basic humanoid, with a torso, jointed limbs, and a ball for a head. A very basic face is inscribed onto it's head. One of it's arm pieces is instead has a blade like a dagger.

He keeps it in his backpack, along with his other belongings. He doesn't carry much else, besides a few healing potions, and some gold. Finally, he also has a horse, which he got on loan from his father. After telling him that he was going to meet up with his sister, he managed to get a lend of it for his travels.

Skills and Abilities: Nire has some talent with a sword, and is quite agile. He's also got some craftsman's skills, but it's probably not something that'll come in handy with his search for Vlade.

Magic: Nire has the ability to manipulate the puppet that he carries with him. Though not autonomous on it's own, Nire can manipulate the contraption to stand, walk, climb, etc...because of it's small size, it doesn't take much effort to manipulate into moving.

Nire also has the ability to see and hear through it's perspective, though it's very limited. The vision that Nire sees is monochrome, and the hearing range is somewhat limited. As well, it takes Nire a fair amount of concentration, so the skill renders him relatively immobile, and an appearance that suggests he's in a daze. Nire can also manipulate the puppet to move during this time, but it's far more difficult and drains him of energy.

History: Nire was born to a quiet family, and lived in a small city in Galiarin. His family consisted of his parents, Iris and Harlock, and his slightly older sister, Misa. His family was fairly well off, and much of his childhood was unremarkable and ordinary in nature.

However...

Nire's father was a rather peculiar person. Harlock was a craftsman, and also somewhat of a magician on the side. At a young age, Nire became his fathers assisstant, and often aided him in his pursuits of crafting, picking up on the trade. Harlock enjoyed crafting many things, but one of his specialties was novelty marionettes and puppets. Eventually, Harlock, who studied magic, decided to use his magic to attempt to bring one of his marionettes to life. Nire cannot remember much of the experience, however. His father refuses to talk about the event, deeply regretting what he did during his mania. Whatever had happened, it turned Nire's brownish-red hair into the startling platinum it is now.

Leading on from the experience, Nire and his father eventually discovered that he could somewhat manipulate the puppet they had done the experiment on. It started off basic, with only being able to make it's arms move, or having it turn it's head. Over time, Nire worked on this ability, and learned how to make the puppet walk and such. His most jarring ability, however, was the one where he could see through the marionettes eyes, as if they were his own. Without Nire's active influence, however, the construct remains inert.

Nire wasn't the only peculiar one in the family. His sister, Misa, was quite the character. She had a grandiose flair to her, like that of an actor on stage. She was passionate, witty, and had a way of talking herself out of anything. From her, Nire began to learn the way of the silver tongue. His sister didn't stick around for long, however, and when she became of the age, she bolted from home, on her way out into the world. Eventually, to Nire's surprise, she became a hired assassin. With her silver tongue and impeccable acting skills, she lived under the pseudonym of "Asphodel", always moving about. She sent letters home to Nire only, in which she confessed her hits and where she had been. However, the letter's stopped. The last one she had sent to Nire detailed of a person named "Vlade", who was shrouded in mystery. She expressed her excitement in tracking down this enigma, but hasn't been heard of since.

Nire, now knowing of this name, heard many rumors of this Vlade person. Fearing the worst for his sister, he decided that he should also go in on the pursuit of Vlade.

Phew!

Hopefully this'll be good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/13/2015 20:08:30   
Tdub

Great, accepted.

Just a couple more people and we'll get started, everyone! With dethhollow, we'll have five, and I know TJ hasn't had much time recently, but I'm holding a place for him. That's around where I want, but a few more is always welcome. I haven't decided whether I'm going to accept anyone after the RP starts or not, so if anyone else is interested, let me know soon!
Post #: 36
1/15/2015 20:04:23   
dethhollow

I actually didn't notice there was another thief character up when I made this, but whatever. It should be fun to see how their tactics and stuff differs from eachother when the RP starts.

Name: Dervos Gilkin
Age/Race/Gender: 19/ Human-dragon hybrid/ Male
Appearance: Short, around 5 feet tall with a compact body and toned muscles. Dervos has light orange skin covered in slick, thin, scales over most of his body. Each of his fingers ends in a thick, rounded, claw that seems poorly suited for slashing. His head is completely bald with few notably inhuman features, the top of Dervos’s head is unusually thick with a brownish hue and curves down into an almost flat nose that ends in a triangular shape with weak nostrils hidden underneath the structure off to either side. His ears appear more like fins than actual ears and his mouth is full of small, sharp, teeth, closer in appearance to piranha teeth than human teeth, and his tongue is slitted, slim, and dark purple giving it a snake-like appearance.

Dervos’s feet end in three large, dexterous, toes in contrast to his very human-like hands. Each toe ending in a slightly curved claw that looks much more effective than the claws on his hands. Finally, Dervos has a short, powerful, tail that extends barely halfway down his leg with no discernable purpose. These odd anatomical traits are caused by his more human body parts maturing much faster than his dragon body parts which will, most likely, will become much more pronounced and useful as he ages.

Personality: Very egotistical, often believing he has a sense of entitlement, especially when it comes to gold and other valuable shiny objects. Often, he will fall back on saying he’s the son of the great Golden Dragon in order to try and justify his attitude. However, in spite of this, Dervos is somewhat aware of his limits and willing to work towards improving himself and trying to prove his worth on his own from time to time. Dervos has also been known to act recklessly and without thinking quite a bit, usually coming up with plans on the fly and improvising as he goes instead of thinking ahead at the potential coniquences of his actions.
Clothing/Armor: Wears a simple dark grey long sleeved hooded shirt that appears to have been used quite a bit with sleeves that appear torn. Also wears a pair of light brown slightly loose pants kept up with a firm rope around his waist.

For armor, Dervos always has a dark brown leather chest plate with one strap over his right shoulder over his outfit. While not effective against heavy weapons, the chest plate is light and doesn’t get in the way of his movement. Dervos also almost always has a pair of black metal guards over his forearms hidden under his sleeves, allowing him to parry bladed attacks if necessary.

Weapons and Belongings:
Lock pick set- Any decent thief’s best friend, useful in a variety of situations. But getting caught with something like this might be hard to explain….
Coin bag- A small sack full of collectable gold coins stolen from a recent heist. Easy to conceal and worth something even to people who aren’t hard-core collectors.
Disinfectant herbs- A small handful of grass-like herbs foolishly bought from a merchant who claimed they could be used to clean bad wounds. There’s no proof that they work, but it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to personal health.
Smoke bombs (x3)- Useful for making a thick, grey, odorless, cloud as a distraction, usually to escape. While they stay around for a while, the clouds have a tendency to drift upwards and may attract unwanted attention.
Skills and Abilities:
Pickpocket strike- As a thief, Dervos is no stranger to the art of pickpocketing and taking advantage of opportunities. If he manages to hit the enemy with a punch, Dervos may be able to use the distraction to steal a small item from the opponent with his free hand. This includes stuff such as accessories, daggers, or currency on the enemy’s person.
Taste air- Using his forked tongue, Dervos can focus on his sense of taste to detect the general location of other people close to him. This is useful for stealth, but Dervos must focus to use this ability, meaning it is fairly useless for surprise attacks. Also, strong scents can mess with the accuracy of this sense and lure him into a false sense of security at times.
Longsword training- Durring his childhood, Dervos was trained to be highly adept at using a two-handed longsword. While he no longer has a longsword, he could acquire one or use the skills for an improvised weapon of some kind.

Magic:
Great fang- A drilling fire punch that acts like a spike, allowing him to pierce through enemies! Dervos recently managed to become adept at starting up this spell quickly, but has always struggled to maintain it for longer than a few seconds. Ever since coming to Galiarin, Dervos has found this ability to be much less reliable than it was before, sometimes simply refusing to work for no discernable reason.

History: Dervos was born as the 4th oldest son of a powerful Golden Dragon. At an early age, he was trained in the way of the sword and heavily sheltered from the outside world. However, unlike his other brothers, Dervos was much more difficult to deal with growing up. So at the age of 11, the Golden Dragon abandoned Dervos to fend for himself. At first it was a horrible existence with the half-dragon spending countless nights starving or frantically digging through trash for something worthwhile but, eventually, out of necessity, Dervos began to turn to theft. It was simple at first, stealing some food from a marketplace or jumping a wandering merchant, but over time he grew more and more skilled. By the age of 16, he was able to steal from the homes of wealthy families and escape to a new town effortlessly.

Eventually, Dervos began wandering from place to place, covering vast distances between heists to keep from getting caught. Which, by pure chance, brought him into the country of Galiarin where he heard about someone that went by the name of Vlade while selling off some freshly stolen objects. Someone who was apparently so dangerous there was an entire cult devoted to opposing him? The very concept filled Dervos with intreague and a renewed sense of resolve. At long last, he felt as if he had a purpose, some objective. He decided, in that moment, that he would track Vlade down and beat him with his bare hands, destroying the purpose of the entire cult in the process! People all over the country would know his name and, then, Dervos would finally be able to return home with his head held high as someone worthy to be the son of the Golden Dragon!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
1/20/2015 20:40:42   
Tdub

There's nothing wrong with the bio and I'm perfectly happy to accept it. Just be aware that most townsfolk won't be used to seeing you. Also, it seems counterproductive for the pickpocket to be the one that would draw the most attention to itself.
Post #: 38
1/20/2015 22:18:27   
dethhollow

Normally, yes. But I'm mainly planning to use the pickpocketing in combat and with the other thieving skill... well, if you're caught in someone's house you're kind-of in a bad position, anyways.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
1/20/2015 22:41:46   
Tdub

Okay, Last Call for bios before I apply for an IC thread! Specifically, I'm looking for anyone willing to start as a member of the Cult of Waking Sun, however, any character is acceptable.

TJ has already submitted most of a bio, and has informed me that he is "on hold" for this RP. I respect that, adn so TJ will be allowed to enter even after applications close. However, be aware, TJ, that this may result in some sort of disadvantage for your character.

I'm happy with what we have right now, but one or two more characters would be welcome! Last chance!

Edit: I realize now it may not be entirely wise to close applications immediately after the RP begins. Therefore, applications will still be accepted for a few weeks after we get started. However, it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.

< Message edited by Tdub -- 1/20/2015 22:45:51 >
Post #: 40
1/22/2015 2:29:00   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

TDub, just a heads up here. I've started back to college and I already can see my homework load for 1, if not both, of the classes shall likely be heavy. This "shouldn't" put a damper on my participation, but I figured I better give a heads up now rather than wait later down the line when or if the load becomes the kind that I work into until the wee hours of the morn.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/24/2015 21:24:36   
dethhollow

Something's been bugging me and I feel like now would be a good time to ask while we're waiting for the RP to get approved/ be disapproved and start up and stuff. But are there any rules about making a second bio for use? It might seem like something that isn't that big of a deal because the second bio wouldn't know anything the first character would know, so it shouldn't spoil the race aspect, but if the two characters would actually meet up, they could share information and get eachother up to speed. So are we only allowed to have one bio? And, if we're allowed to have multiple bios, are we allowed to have our own characters meet and share information or would that be considered cheating since it would give them more information than they were intended to have?

I assume it wouldn't be allowed, but I could also see it being possible if there's some limit on what information can be shared between your own characters....
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
1/24/2015 21:44:16   
Jexorin Rast

I like this RP. I'll definitely make a bio for a member of the Cult of Waking Sun, but first 2 questions.
1. Does the Cult of Waking Sun have an insignia?(you don't have to describe it for me, I just want to know)
2. If they do have an insignia would my character be able to show it on what he wears?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
1/26/2015 19:26:54   
Tdub

Now that I'm feeling better, I can finally reply to these.

1. Dnw - That's fine. RL always takes precedence over RP

2. dethhollow - Let's stick to one character for now. If I feel like the story needs fresh characters later on, I'll probably just take more bios from others, but we'll see. For now, though, no.

3. Jexorin Rast - Yes, as mentioned in the description, their insignia is a yellow sun, and yes, as you are the first to make a bio for a Cult member, you can design the uniform.

Just don't expect to be a truly sincere member, or be a member for very long. After all, your character's goal is to find Vlade, while the Cult is determined to stop Vlade from being found at any cost. But that background would be helpful.
Post #: 44
1/26/2015 21:32:10   
Jexorin Rast

Name: Hannibal Stark
Age/Race/Gender: 52/Human/Male
Appearance: Hannibal is 5'10" and has a thin but muscular build. He has grey, medium length hair that is pushed back, and a van dyke. He has wrinkles only around his eyes, and a thin face. He has bushy eyebrows and is always frowning, wrinkling his forehead. His eyes are dark grey. While in his cloak, he hunches over to seem like a simple old man.
Personality: Hannibal is stern and serious, often coming across as mean and evil(because he is). But when in small talk and quick interactions he acts kind.
Clothing/Armor: Hannibal wears a suit of dull grey armor with the Cult of Waking Sun insignia on the chest. But over this he wears a dark grey cloak to conceal the armor, and he wears a pointed, wide-brimmed, dark grey hat(like a stereotypical wizard) and the point leans over(usually towards the back where he positions it).
Weapons and Belongings: He has a broadsword as his weapon which he wears sheathed to his left hip. He also has a black horse he calls Kathah'ret. He is in charge of a group of ten low-ranking members of the cult who he trained personally and who dress the same way as him without the hat.
Skills and Abilities: Hannibal is a master swordsman and has an extensive knowledge of medicine and medical herbs, able to identify most of those herbs and create medicines.
Magic: Hannibal has a minor healing magic and can heal any minor physical injury(for example, he can heal flesh wounds but nothing more severe.)
History: When Hannibal was younger he was highly fascinated by the mysterious being known as Vlade. He had always heard that Vlade knew everything there is to know, and being a scholar, Hannibal decided to hunt down this Vlade and get him to teach Hannibal. After a few years of searching, Hannibal was approached by members of the Cult of Waking Sun and was recruited. Hannibal was taught by the cult to fight and heal, and after many loyal years he was able to raise through a few ranks, yet still never being able to meet Vlade. So he continues to strive to please Vlade so that they can meet, and while he's doing that, he is still trying to find Vlade in other ways. And all the while in his older years he has been seen disguised as an old travelling hermit.

< Message edited by Jexorin Rast -- 1/28/2015 18:30:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
1/26/2015 21:53:09   
Tdub

Very, very interesting. I'm looking forward to this simply because you hardly ever see "old" people in these types of RPs. There's just one issue: you say he carries a broadsword. Not only that, but he wields it with master-like proficiency. This is why people don't tend to play 60-70 year olds. They simply can't do the things that younger men can. Wielding a broadsword is one of those things. Swords are heavy. Play that to your advantage. I'm fine with him having a certain level of proficiency with a blade, but make it a small, short sword that can be reasonable wielded by a 73 year old man.

In addition, make sure you don't play him like he's 23. He can be in decent shape for an older gentlemen, but he's going to have pains, creaks, limited movement, troubles with his horse. If you've seen or read anything about Don Quixote, I imagine it a bit like that. Play him like an old man attempting to do a job suited for a young man, to add that comical element that the character must have in order to be remotely considered realistic. These are just suggestions to keep your post within the realm of acceptable reality.

Fix the issue with the sword, and you're in. Have fun!
Post #: 46
1/26/2015 22:42:34   
Jexorin Rast

Thanks for the notes, so I've changed his age to 62. I don't really like the idea of Hannibal being a comedic element, sorry. So I made him an old but reasonable age, because there are many people in their sixties that can do this.

< Message edited by Jexorin Rast -- 1/27/2015 21:42:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
1/28/2015 8:23:35   
Tdub

Sorry, 62 is still fairly old. I have relatives that age. If any of them could wield a full-sized sword, I'd be surprised. Am I mistaken, or did you have it at 52 earlier? I was perfectly happy to accept, that, I just didn't have the time. But I just can't believe a 62 year old man would be able to do what the others can do witout a comedic element. 52, that I can believe, so long as he's in good shape.
Post #: 48
1/28/2015 18:30:27   
Jexorin Rast

Alright, 52.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
1/29/2015 21:00:08   
Tdub

Everything's in order, then. Accepted.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hunt - OOC
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition