Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Hunt - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hunt - OOC
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2015 23:43:21   
dethhollow

Wait, so should I just play out the scene in my next post and just assume they'll say pretty general stuff? Like they don't know what's going on, the letters were intended for multiple people, they're just following orders, stuff like that? I'm just making 100% sure because I'm not absolutely sure how control of NPCs will work here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
2/11/2015 1:03:59   
Lazo

Sorry about that. The following posts should be much less verbose. Intro post and all, I chose to go over Faint's circumstances in detail.

< Message edited by Lazo -- 2/11/2015 1:05:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
2/11/2015 2:37:30   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@Lazo. Just a note, my druid can "hear" you. He just doesn't know precisely as of yet what direction you are moving from.

And since there was some conversation engaged, I too have engaged the conversation.

AQW Epic  Post #: 78
2/11/2015 6:28:06   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Wow, phew. Thought I missed everything by losing a day here XD
getting to it today.Let's see if I have what it takes :p

EDIT: Made my first post. Not sure if it is how it is suposed to be. First RP here for me. So if I did anything wrong or should add more, feel free to say so ^^
I should pick things up quickly :)

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 2/11/2015 7:40:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 79
2/11/2015 14:44:01   
dethhollow

No need to worry, Therril, people usually don't worry about length as long as it's not like one or two lines and we can tell what's going on. Might be good to use quotations in the future, though. Your post was pretty easy to know who said what, but it's not as potentially confusing as having what people are saying italicized. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Although I am kind-of confused about why you chose to not get one of the letters, too. I'm not sure how your character's going to find their way to the warehouse and if they don't make it in time they could miss out on some vital information about where to go next.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
2/11/2015 14:58:30   
Therril Oreb

I intended to have the delivery boy short after Therry talked with the Prince but since I was not sure if I could decide what the prince tells Therry, I kept it open for the GameMaster in case he wanted to have a say in it since the prince is not a random NPC.
I'll add the quotations in the mean time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 81
2/11/2015 16:00:11   
Tdub

The prince'll be controlled by me, as well as any "major" NPC's. Because you went to a different place, you won't get the same information everyone else gets. However, since you didn't know, I'll make sure you still get some information.

Also, thinking about it, you really do need a horse.
Post #: 82
2/11/2015 16:09:34   
Therril Oreb

I will fix the horse/pony part for sure, once I get the information I need :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 83
2/11/2015 21:18:07   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Aye, I think there will be a few of us who need a horse. The druid will likely get one after the meeting too. After all, while he can walk, it is better to have a horse to meet ones needs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
2/12/2015 14:17:50   
Therril Oreb

So err, Tdub, am I supposed to wait until you post what the prince says? trying ont to lag too much behind the rest atm :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
2/12/2015 15:35:11   
Tdub

Yes, I'll have my post up on Monday.
Post #: 86
2/12/2015 20:02:33   
dethhollow

Quick note, I'm usually pretty busy on Fridays and I'm going to get the new Monster Hunter game tomorrow, so I probably won't post this Friday. Sorry for the mild inconvenience, but considering Tdub isn't going to move the plot until Monday, we should have plenty of time to move stuff along anyways.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
2/13/2015 1:42:11   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Congrats Deth. I'm planning to get Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask tomorrow myself :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 88
2/14/2015 23:31:41   
Tdub

A note to all who have entered and not yet posted (Meaning Ragnarros and Jexorin):

Two days remain for the advantage of information.
Post #: 89
2/15/2015 8:53:10   
TJByrum

I really wish I could have joined in on this, curses for being so busy!
DF AQW  Post #: 90
2/15/2015 14:39:16   
dethhollow

Oh, come on, lol! I got distracted and didn't post for around 48 hours... and then my post just came 23 minutes late. Oh gosh, that timing.... Well, whatever, I guess it can just be justified as Dervos being so lost in thought he missed Warwolf whispering to the group.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 91
2/15/2015 18:14:22   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@ Deth hollow, Currently there are a few.. things that need to be mended, so it's fine if you missed the whispering. Depending on Tdub's decision, there may or may not be any whispering at all. I have to see what he decides in all this.
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
2/16/2015 0:03:55   
Tdub

One day remains for the advantage.

A note for all who have not yet been informed: The magic is being, shall we say, "suppressed" in the region, to a point where only the most basic or most natural spells can be used. That's why Warwolf can use his spells (they're so low in power) and Dervos can use his (it's so close to his basic nature). Characters very in tune with magic (i.e. Warwolf) may notice this, but there isn't much they can do about it right now.
Post #: 93
2/16/2015 2:09:42   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I've received a response from Tdub concerning the issue that was brought up. His decision is that currently as it stands (at least in terms of this role-play on these forums) unless otherwise originally stated, Warwolf cannot detect the magic spell that was used.

So, as it now stands with that decision (which I respect and acknowledge) I shall say this. Please ignore the part about the building, and about the originally stated detected magic, and let's move on with whatever shall happen next.

@Tdub. If you get a moment, we still need to have an idea if this warehouse location, has some kind of frontal courtyard area? That was one of the other things we were discussing and neither of us could really figure out if that was accurate or not.

Thank you all for your patience in this matter.
AQW Epic  Post #: 94
2/16/2015 9:15:44   
Therril Oreb

If it is ok, I shall change my post as to be more in line with what Tdub had in mind for all our characters if only to not sound like a doofus :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 95
2/16/2015 9:47:29   
Tdub

@Therril - if you mean you want to change your post so that you go to the warehouse, go ahead.

@Dnw - If the front of the building has already been described by someone IC, go ahead and use that. Otherwise, it's just a deserted street.

Post #: 96
2/16/2015 12:34:05   
dethhollow

You really don't have to change your post, Therril, just make a new post where your character gets to the warehouse and say that the messenger gave him a letter somewhere in it. It would just be a simpler solution than changing a previous post to say you were there all along or something if that's what you're planning to do. I mean, do whatever you want, but that's what I'd do in a situation like this.

Also, we're forming one heck of a diverse group right now, lol!

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, IDK whether I should post or wait for Tdub or K to post or just go ahead. I don't want to leave Master K behind or anything.

< Message edited by dethhollow -- 2/16/2015 13:16:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 97
2/16/2015 13:00:59   
Therril Oreb

There, Thanks dethhollow. :)
I might sound like not being a grand talker for RPing, but I usually say what needs to be said without too much dramatics unless it has a reason :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 98
2/16/2015 18:26:54   
TJByrum

@Tdub: I'm hosting The Hallows Inn and participating in Rise of Domrius right now; I can manage about 1 post for each every weekend (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday); it is very rare I get one up some other day. Back when I did want to join this RP (my unfinished bio is on the first page) I was working a lot of overtime and would not have been able to participate like I wanted. Though I must say I am fairly interested in the plot, and I've actually read a few of the posts made by the other players here. I want to be a part of this, but I don't know if I'm to late.

So basically, if you would not mind having a newcomer to the RP, I'll gladly come on in. But expect only about 1 post per week by me, probably on the weekends. Secondly, just tell me how best to implement my character. I'll probably be going with a similar backstory as before:

A man part of a bounty-hunter/vigilante guild that hunts down criminals for monetary payment. One of his guildmates, someone he cares for, was interested in Vlade - but our organization does not condone actions against Vlade or his agents, so that guildmate was banned. She then mysteriously disappeared (Vlade's doing, as far as my character knows). Therefore, my own character begins his search for Vlade in an effort to find his close friend (and thus is banished from the guild).

EDIT: Alright, I think I'm caught up. Warwolf, Nire, Dervos, and Therry have all met up in the warehouse, while Faint is nearby spying on them.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/16/2015 18:55:49 >
DF AQW  Post #: 99
2/16/2015 19:14:49   
dethhollow

Yup, basically, TJB. I'm not sure if you can keep up with this RP if you're only active once a week because Dragonnight and me are pretty active and I think Therril might be on about every day as well, but I'd say it's not too late to join. You could always just stumble into the warehouse situation and figure out what's going on. IDK about after whatever Tdub is planning for the warehouse happens, though....
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hunt - OOC
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition