Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 11 of 30«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2015 8:12:18   
Rogue Ninja

So I just started playing AQ3D. Time to bombard some questions..

Are there any max levels?

Am I able to purchase some new items?

For how long will Alpha testing last?

AQW Epic  Post #: 251
10/15/2015 9:45:59   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Max level is 3, for now.

You can buy stuff from Yulgar or Melodia (the girl next to Yulgar).
DF AQW  Post #: 252
10/15/2015 9:59:34   
LambO

I logged on once or twice in September because GC doesn't allow unity any more.

Now, every time I try & log in, before the character is full loaded when I click the server, a box will appear saying, "Internet explorer has stopped working" - Close program.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 253
10/15/2015 10:37:30   
Azan

quote:

Am I able to purchase some new items?

For how long will Alpha testing last?

What David said about Yulgar and Melodia, plus Artix in Doomwood who sells swords with a really high cost.

They aim to switch into Beta testing next winter.
Post #: 254
10/15/2015 11:47:49   
Nightmare AQW

I remember before the last update they added the game would run perfectly smooth but after the update there is much lower framerate, is everyone else getting this too?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
10/15/2015 17:13:17   
Azan

Above: Hmm... I don't see any difference in framerate from my computer. Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?
Post #: 256
10/15/2015 17:30:01   
Rogue Ninja

@David the Wanderer @Azan I see, thank you guys. I'll be looking forward for this game to grow. :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 257
11/4/2015 7:07:26   
HeroKae

Maybe too early to ask but any information if the 2016 calendar will have any exclusive rewards in AQ3D? For now the only rare items i know that will be available in the beta release are the alpha knight set and the founder alpha pirate set.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 258
11/4/2015 9:08:09   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@HeroKae: Considering AQ3D is still a work-in-progress it probably won't receive stuff from the calendar. Special offers will start to be made only when the game is past its developing stage and officially released to the public as a finished product.
DF AQW  Post #: 259
11/10/2015 22:05:46   
Rezilia

I've just played AQ3D and there's something that boggles my mind.

Why didn't you make this game side-scrolling 2.5D like Grand Chase, GetAmped2, Dragonica, etc?

You've already shown that you're able to insert 2D animations because of the water spewing from the frogzard fountain. These animations could easily be great-looking skill animations if attached to a side-scrolling character, looking like the skill animations in DF.

Not only would this have majorly cut down the time to produce the game, you also would've been able to tailor the style of the old games better into AQ2.5D, especially since the game is based on the older styles. And you still could've used Unity.

I'm just wondering why you chose to go the full 3D route instead of the 2.5D that would have better fit the older styles...

< Message edited by ckdragonck -- 11/10/2015 22:07:07 >
DF AQW  Post #: 260
11/11/2015 8:53:29   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

They choose to go 3D because they wanted to make a 3D game. 3D also gives more freedom of movement to the player, and allows for bigger areas to explore. Keeping the art style of the older games wasn't in the plans, not to add it doesn't necessarily cut on production time.

Just making a clone, art-wise of one their older games, doesn't make much sense. If they wanted to make a game using DF's art style... Well, they would be adding stuff to DF, not make a completely new game. Just because you're used to something doesn't automatically make it better than possible innovations.
DF AQW  Post #: 261
11/11/2015 9:35:35   
Rezilia

That's not what I meant. They could've made a 100% 3D game that side-scrolled, giving it a 2D "feel" and massively decreasing the time required to make each area. They could've had the character move in all directions, but with the camera remaining a side-scroll. There could have been a "wall" behind the character and paths in that wall or on the opposite side of the wall for paths to other areas.

It's not about putting in DF's art style. Their games (AQ3D included) are cartoony and the frogzard fountain's water spewing at the top is a cartoony animation that they could put in more maps if the maps were side-scrolling.

An excellent example of this is Trine 2. In that game, there are even areas where you're side-scrolling forwards like in those popular Android parkour running games, something that AQ3D's use of 3D can easily do since the character can already move in all directions.

The point isn't to change the mechanics. The mechanics would remain the same. It would simply cut down production cost and time, allowing them to create more content at a faster rate without invalidating the core mechanics of the project...and while making it something that their current fanbase would be more prone to try.

< Message edited by ckdragonck -- 11/11/2015 9:36:24 >
DF AQW  Post #: 262
11/11/2015 10:21:21   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Remember, though, that AQ:3D is an MMO. Is what you're suggesting really feasible with an MMO? I don't think it is, since different players will follow different paths. Furthermore, cutting down production cost and time isn't necessarily good. They could have made this AQ: The Text Game. Now they don't need any graphics, and requires less work on coding. Sure, it would be done faster, but is it really worth it? 3D has the advantage of completely allowing the player to move in any direction instead of setting them on a precise path they must follow, and can easily keep the cartoony feeling. I also don't think being in 2D would necessarily make the game automatically more popular among the fanbase. In fact, most people do prefer 3D games to 2D ones, due to all the freedom of movement they give, and the chance for more interesting art assets (a centenary tree is a lot more imposing when you can circle around it than when it is "printed" on your screen).

But at the end, the real reason this game is in 3D is because the devs wanted to make a 3D game. There's not really much to discuss about that. It's a creative choice.
DF AQW  Post #: 263
11/11/2015 11:44:42   
Rezilia

Elsword, Grand Chase, and Dragonica are all 2.5D side-scrolling MMOs that use this system, especially Dragonica. It is 100% feasible in an MMO.

Once again, they could still make the character move in all directions. Up, down, left, right, forward, backward, crisscross, spiralwise, etc. They'd be able to generate the same game world they do now, just with making the terrain less heavy and therefore cutting down production costs.

It wouldn't be 2D. It would be 3D. Please take a look at Elsword and Dragonica to see what I mean.

I have actually found this to not be the case. Yes, 3D games are more popular, but that is because developers and genres have evolved and left 2D in the dust. And yet, Paper Mario was created and became super popular. And yet, 2D indie games are super popular. And yet, there are many 2D MMOs out there that are very popular.

As I said, the game would still be 3D. They'd still be making a 3D game with 3D mechanics. The difference is the terrain and the viewing angle, which create a faux-2D experience in many areas - something that many of AE's original players would like. In fact, 2.5D is a niche MMO genre that has a very large number of fans; making a browser/android omni game with 2.5D will generate far more revenue than a game that looks like a copy-paste of other Unity games.
DF AQW  Post #: 264
11/11/2015 13:40:26   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

So, you should have to make 3D graphics, but lock the camera to a side-view, right? That doesn't sounds like it necessarily reduces time spent on making models too much, since you still need to make 3D models.

The games you mentioned are popular not because they are 2D, but because they are well made. The same goes for 3D games. It doesn't really matter how many dimensions you use, but how well the game itself is made. You can have a 3D game with awesome graphics and still fail because the game itself isn't fun to play, or have a text game that is very popular due to being a well-made game.

Also, where do you get the information that 2D is more popular with AE players? All responses I saw to AQ3D, both on forums and social media, have been positive to the use of 3D. Some people might complain about the models used or the art-style, but nobody said anything negative about 3D itself. Now, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion of preferring 2D to 3D, but you shouldn't expect the majority of people to necessarily agree with you. I personally prefer full 3D because it allows me to see more detail and generally has a better feeling than 2D. I still like a lot of 2D games, but I wouldn't mind if they were 3D.
DF AQW  Post #: 265
11/11/2015 13:54:25   
Rezilia

It doesn't reduce time spent on models. It reduces the time spent on the environment, aka the terrain. By making the game side-scroll, the environment has the same feel and depth but with less put into it, decreasing the time spent on it and the strain of each area on people's computers.

I don't prefer 2D over 3D. That wasn't the point. The point was that AE's visual style is based on side-scrolling and that it would be easier to adapt that style into a 3D environment if the 3D environment is side-scrolling. It doesn't have to be fully side-scrolling, just partial. Because it would better adapt to the previous visual styles, it would garner more support from the players of the other games.

Like I said before, Dragonica is a perfect example and I highly suggest looking up videos of it to see what I'm talking about.

I'd show you myself how this would work through a drawing if I could post an image url, but unfortunately that's against the rules. ):
DF AQW  Post #: 266
11/11/2015 14:08:39   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

You can actually post an image url, as long as it is SFW. What you can't post is image tags (images being displayed directly in your post).

Well, yes, AE's previous games all had side-view graphics, but that's no reason to not experiment, is it? Plus, I highly doubt they want to adapt old art assets directly into AQ3D; sure, some things might be BASED on earlier designs, but they wouldn't be a direct port. In fact, most AE games (barring maybe DF and MQ) have VERY different art styles. Directly bringing a weapon from AQW into AQ, for example, would clash with the rest of the game's style. Plus, as I said, most AE players have been positive to the introduction of 3D, so I don't think the majority of the community is against playing a 3D game.
DF AQW  Post #: 267
11/11/2015 14:29:00   
Caststarter

Okay then. This has started to go off track of the original purpose of this entire thread, which is simply meant for asking and answering questions and not any sort of discussions, it might be best to move this discussion to the Feedback Thread as it pertains to discussions in regard to the development of the entire game. Please, remember this for next time. Thanks.
DF  Post #: 268
11/11/2015 15:01:30   
Rezilia

Got it, Cast. Will do! :)
DF AQW  Post #: 269
11/20/2015 0:59:59   
Silver Sky Magician

What is this 'fast travel' feature I hear about? I don't even see a basic map anywhere.
Post #: 270
11/20/2015 2:11:03   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

@Silver Sky Magician

For the time being you can use the /join command to load into maps, but apart from that the "official" fast-travel system and world map have yet to be implemented.

Here's a list of the maps you can follow the /join command with:

• Greenguardnorth
• Greenguardsouth
• Greenguardcave
• Doomwoodforest
• Battleon
• Yulgarsinn
• Yulgarsinkhole

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 271
11/20/2015 3:07:47   
Rezilia

You said you'd answer questions UL, so I'm going to ask them here.

I'm going to assume that your fancy Tester title means you know stuff. :P

My main question for you is whether the Beta's areas will have much more content and make more use of 3D mechanics. I'd also like to know if things like swimming and jump-pads will exist, as well as whether they're planning to implement the ability to walk sideways and the ability to keybind for browser users.

If you have access to one and could show an image of what the controls will look like on mobile, I'd appreciate it. I'm personally a fan of having the D-Pad in the bottom left corner and the Skill Slots in the bottom right. :)
DF AQW  Post #: 272
11/20/2015 8:39:24   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Here is an image of how the UI looks like on Mobile, released on the DNs: click here!
DF AQW  Post #: 273
11/20/2015 10:43:24   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

@David the Wanderer

Thanks! I completely forgot that an image of the mobile UI was available there.

@ckdragonck

Well since David beat me to it, I'll just explain what all of the controls are.

The joystick on the left moves to where you move your thumb (you can pick up your thumb and bring it down somewhere else on the bottom left side of the screen and it'll move to that location) and it of course controls your movement allowing for forward, backwards, and sideways movement. Tapping the joystick also toggles the auto-run mode you go into when clicking in your mouse wheel on PC. Camera movement can be controlled anywhere on the screen that isn't used by a button, and double tapping on the screen allows you to jump. You can directly interact with the chatbox by scrolling it anytime, and clicking the chat bubble just opens up your keyboard directly along with automatically posting your message when you hit return on the keyboard rather than having a send button. Options and inventory icon do the same as they do on PC, so they're a given. :P

Also, since I got the OK to post the pic I figure I'll post it anyway for a "close up" view.

http://i.imgur.com/2oSOSUJ.jpg
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 274
11/20/2015 19:32:37   
Silver Sky Magician

Question: What sets AQ3D apart from the likes of Runescape, or other 3D F2P MMOs? I'm using Runescape as an example because AQ3D's gameplay and overall feel are very similar to Runescape, which doesn't bode well since such games don't appeal to the new generation of gamers. Even graphics aren't *that* much better than Runescape.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 11/20/2015 19:33:36 >
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 11 of 30«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition