Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 23 of 30«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2016 13:18:50   
Rlogg

Nope never paid a cent mainly because i dont have credit card and dad wont allow me but we've occasionally won some dragon coins and adventure coins from ballyhoo or some other event does that count.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 551
3/6/2016 17:14:07   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

@Rlogg

If I remember correctly another way you could be granted access to AQ3D is by having played 'AQ3D: Legends of Lore' back in 2012. Other than that if you're still curious you could contact the help team at http://account.aq3d.com/Help/ and they'd probably be able to answer your questions.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 552
3/7/2016 5:09:20   
Rlogg

Nope didn't even know about about aq3d back then but i'll do what you say.
Just submitted the report and now we wait.

< Message edited by Rlogg -- 3/7/2016 5:16:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 553
3/8/2016 0:44:51   
Inigo Montoya

Just read the new patch notes from today and saw that there were new items added to Gaz's shop. The new Royal Talon Armor costs 1 million gold. Was wondering if you guys think it's worth farming for? By the way I only have about 100K. Stopped playing the game and played AQW instead because there was nothing else to do. Now there is, but since accounts are going to get wiped clean, I'm not sure if there's a point...If anyone has an opinion on the matter, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Post #: 554
3/8/2016 13:36:24   
lordmastersupreme

@Inigo Montoya i don't think accounts are going to be wiped clean o.O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 555
3/8/2016 17:40:36   
Inigo Montoya

@lordmastersupreme I'm pretty sure there is going to be a character wipe later this year when the game is fully released and available for everyone to play.

If anyone else knows anything about this, that would be helpful. If there is a character wipe, I guess I'm not going to farm for that 1 million gold armor. If there isn't, I will. Also, if anyone knows what exactly the character wipe is about? Everything wiped clean except your name, I'm guessing?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Post #: 556
3/8/2016 18:02:21   
Emrys

@^ I'm fairly sure Cysero said he doesn't see any reason right now they'd need to wipe characters again
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 557
3/8/2016 18:42:25   
Heroes of the Scape

Actually, there will be one more when Beta truly opens.
AQ  Post #: 558
3/8/2016 20:51:46   
lordmastersupreme

@Heroes of the Scape can you show me where they say that? i'm not doubting you but i need official confirmation too hahaha
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 559
3/8/2016 22:19:10   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

As of right now another wipe is not planned. If things change you'll most likely hear it first from the Design Notes.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 560
3/9/2016 9:35:35   
lordmastersupreme

another thing. am i the only one having problems with aq3d charpages?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 561
3/9/2016 11:59:25   
Low Calorie Cola

@lordmastersupreme
nope.
Post #: 562
3/10/2016 0:28:48   
ShadowScythe Valen

How exactly do classes/builds work in this game? In AQ I loved being a warrior/mage hybrid using both attack types in battle (since our starting class didn't really matter); will I be able to do something like this in AQ3D as well?

I know you can switch classes (E.G. Mage --> Warrior) any time, but I hope we'll be able to customize our class skills to allow hybrid builds, being able to take skills/moves from multiple classes and put them into one. Sacrificing specialization for versatility.
AQ  Post #: 563
3/10/2016 1:02:33   
lordmastersupreme

@above i think the classes will have pre determined characteristics, but we'll be able to customize our stats. ( that's just a guess)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 564
3/10/2016 8:18:49   
Ninjaty

Will there be an actual Windows version of the game (as in completely stand-alone)? How about a web version? Both of these, as far as I remember, have been mentioned in the past, but are either of them still going to be a reality? I don't seem to recall hearing about Steam being required to play until rather recently, and now I am desperately looking for an alternative.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 3/10/2016 8:22:18 >
Post #: 565
3/10/2016 9:57:20   
Fallen Crest

@Above:
quote:

In late 2013, Google announced a plan to deprecate support for NPAPI plugins (such as our Unity Web Player) in its Chrome browser. Now, it is September 2015, and Google has released Chrome 45 with NPAPI plugin support removed. Also, other browser vendors have started matching Google’s decision: Microsoft is shipping its new Windows 10 operating system with the new default browser, Edge, which has removed support for plugins like the Unity Web Player. Today, Mozilla has announced a plan to phase out plugin support in Firefox.

Clearly, the web ecosystem is moving away from browser plugins and we are quickly approaching the point where no current browsers will still be able to run plugin content. Given this outlook, Unity is diverting resources into alternative web technologies and will begin the end-of-life process of the Unity Web Player plugin.

Today we are announcing the first step in that end-of-life process, the deprecation of the Web Player. When Unity marks a feature as deprecated it means that the use of the feature is no longer recommended and that the feature will be removed in a future release. For the Web Player, Unity 5.2 and 5.3 will still be able to publish Web Player content, but Unity 5.4 (to be released in March 2016) will no longer ship with Web Player support. The Web Player will then become an unsupported product.

Taken from http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/10/08/unity-web-player-roadmap/

quote:

We are currently using Unity 5.3, but as of their 5.4 update (coming out THIS WEEK) Unity will no longer be able to publish a web player build of any project, including AQ3D's web playable version.

Taken from http://aq3d.com/news/ui-update-and-move-to-steam/

So in short, at the moment due to Unity disabling the use of a browser plug-in for future updates, there will be no web version for awhile.
AQW  Post #: 566
3/10/2016 11:13:19   
Ninjaty

I realize it won't be in the next few days or weeks. I'm thinking more along the lines of "will I ever get to play again?". I was just hoping someone would have some more up-to-date knowledge than I do regarding the status of those versions. The lack of a plugin for instance, doesn't rule out a web version entirely. It will however test their commitment for making a true omni game.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 3/10/2016 11:15:03 >
Post #: 567
3/10/2016 11:20:38   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Steam was just finished so it's probably going to be awhile till the next platform. (just a guess)

Why is steam not an option for you if I may ask?

windows 10 version is "experimental" at this point.
http://aq3d.com/news/megaupdate/

edit: here is an older post about progress: http://www.aq3d.com/progress

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 3/10/2016 11:35:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 568
3/10/2016 12:47:02   
Ninjaty

I have two reasons for not wanting to use Steam: I do not like what they do and I do not find them trustworthy based on their history. I am a firm believer of having everything be as seperate as possible, only merging them if it's impossible to make them work otherwise. While a plugin is also a dependency, at least it serves the purpose of unlocking all media related to it, and doesn't force me to download an entire gaming center just for one game.

A browser game I can understand being on life support, but a downloadable game should in my opinion be able to stand on it's own.

As for the security concerns, the more popular a service is, the bigger a target it usually is. Not only that, but apparently Steam can even accidentally reveal confidential information without any external help, which really makes me question how anyone could possibly trust them. If the game didn't require steam, then that would just be one less security pitfall, and thus one less thing to be concerned about.

The second link you sent is also one of the sources I referenced. It mentions Steam and Windows as two seperate points under Devices (not a point and a sub-point) at the Open Beta stage, so by that very logic, the Windows version they talk about should be seperate from the Steam version. This is the one I am currently interested in learning more about, but I have been unable to find out anything else about it.
Post #: 569
3/10/2016 13:25:47   
afterlifex
Legend-X

To each their own, personally I don't use steam much nor have any vital info tied to them so a matter of a few clicks for a desktop AQ3D is no big deal.
That said steam goes beyond just being a platform to sub unity it is also about distribution being one of the largest game distribution hubs.

From what I can find, it's going to be a windows 10 app from the windows store, possible just phones.

See below for some details:
https://twitter.com/cysero/status/684081973497745408
https://twitter.com/ArtixKrieger/status/694259561126072320

Short of Undead Lunatics having some insight, social media is probably the best place to get info directly if you have such accounts.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 3/10/2016 13:28:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 570
3/10/2016 14:30:57   
Ninjaty

Thank you very much for your assistance. Despite not putting my worries completely to rest, it was still very helpful. I have asked several times on Twitter over the past few weeks, but I have yet to receive any kind of response on that though.
Post #: 571
3/11/2016 18:53:02   
zeratul_protoss

Having some problems at logging in AQ3D at steam. I last played my account during the test demo thing, so if I need to play the game on Steam I need to create a new one? (it says so when I log in). Don't I lose the early access thing or some sort? (I also have my AQW account linked here) Can't I just link the account that I use before in this new module? Thanks for the help.
AQW  Post #: 572
3/11/2016 21:47:13   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Tech demo accounts were wiped, you need to make a new one. You just have to re-link the account after you make a new one.

quote:

Q. What happened to my Tech Demo account?

All Tech Demo accounts were purged, they were never permanent testing accounts. Now that AQ3D has entered Alpha, you can create your official AQ3D account and link your upgraded AQWorlds account or your Artix Account that has your other upgraded Artix game accounts linked to help test!

http://www.aq3d.com/Help

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 3/11/2016 22:31:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 573
3/11/2016 21:47:42   
bipolar

I don't remember where did I linked my Account of AQW in AQ3D can anyone tell me how I can recover it?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 574
3/11/2016 21:50:42   
afterlifex
Legend-X

?? Sorry I am not sure what your question is.

http://account.aq3d.com/Home/ that?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Question & Answer Thread
Page 23 of 30«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition