Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 13 of 19«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2015 22:23:14   
Remaint

Afina, give me more accommodating reasons as to why my character isn't immune. I've specifically made a character that has a worldview and accompanying attributes that behaves in reverse of normal characters. Woyadei's an undead soldier with fake skin and other-worldly bones, this situation should be absolutely normal to him.

I have to say you're being unnecessarily blunt; who completely defies a concept in a single brief sentence, then puts 'End of story'?

I'm completely fine with ejecting myself out of this roleplay if I stir about too much incompatibility. All I ask, if I need to be expelled, is to be allowed to write one post to take away my character.(Again, there's no spite in this. I really rather abscond than to warp one or a few of my own stories)

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/11/2015 22:30:10 >
AQW  Post #: 301
12/11/2015 22:51:04   
Apocalypse

Granted, it hasn't been stated that the acid rain was magical in nature. It could be, but it could be a natural acid falling from the sky. Even if it was, the problem seems to perhaps stem from Woyadei's magical resistance becoming magical immunity in this case (I understand lesser magics would have no effect, but a constant barrage would take its toll all the same).

And this is a DM point. Just like how none of our characters could one-shot the hot dog and remove its threat, it's ultimately up to the DM to decide if our char are able to overcome the obstacles put in our path. Otherwise all the final-level dragons and Cursed Kings would be taken out by whoever posted first.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 302
12/11/2015 22:55:19   
Draycos777

XD Apoc, tbh, we do have two characters that could talk the final-level dragons down from the fight:P
AQ  Post #: 303
12/11/2015 22:57:06   
Apocalypse

@Draycos: You're kidding, right? Have you SEEN their social skills? Lol
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 304
12/11/2015 22:58:24   
Draycos777

Whoa now, those sound like fighting words goblin. Need I remind you that your race isn't that well off either. XD
AQ  Post #: 305
12/11/2015 23:00:51   
Remaint

Acids work through particle manipulation. They are unstable substances by themselves, which provokes other substances to break down and fuse with the acid, making stable substances. Woyadei's substance isn't readily charitable at all(they're ridiculously stable, and need to be in order to channel how much energy he emits).

This isn't about magical resistance, but the ease to which particles are exchanged.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/11/2015 23:07:19 >
AQW  Post #: 306
12/11/2015 23:09:32   
Apocalypse

And this sounds like something not found or mentioned in your bio, especially when Woyadei is describing as having similar durability to humans. And it's all moot-point since this wasn't a debate but a command (and honestly, I feel like I shouldn't have intruded at all. Not really my place).

@Draycos: Well it's not like Nilburke would have offered to be negotiator.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 307
12/11/2015 23:18:24   
Remaint

It's an incessantly small detail. Just like this one.

In regards to kinetic force, is Woyadei similar to humans in durability. He'll go flying, or splat if Arche or Rajii lands an entirely proper punch upon him(well, maybe not, depending on mass). Sana's arrows will also shut him down if enough head shots are made, severing tissues(hence why I asked about arrowheads).

Cut me some slack. I came here expecting swords and magic, that's it. I didn't anticipate much more.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/11/2015 23:24:35 >
AQW  Post #: 308
12/11/2015 23:24:25   
Draycos777

No Remaint, even I have to agree that a detail like that is definitely not small. Especially since it changes interactions that may happen with other characters in the story. As a rule of thumb, if it deals with others, put it in the bio.

To be fair, you may have just forgotten to add it(I've done this before), it's fine to go back and ask the GM if you can add it in. That way, if they do say something like this, they would be going back on what they said before and would have to get an actual reason other than "no, because it not in your bio".

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 12/11/2015 23:27:35 >
AQ  Post #: 309
12/11/2015 23:26:01   
Remaint

All right, I'll be sure to do so next time.
AQW  Post #: 310
12/11/2015 23:32:42   
Draycos777

quote:

Cut me some slack. I came here expecting swords and magic, that's it. I didn't anticipate much more.

I know your pretty new, but, that's why we're saying this now:)

You'd be surprised at the amount of work that actually goes into this stories. That Hallows for exm. There are a ton of pm's that went back and forth between me and the other rp's in just the Nazha arc alone. I think that rp really helped me work on my collab skills in writing more than anything.
AQ  Post #: 311
12/11/2015 23:50:47   
Remaint

I appreciate the advice/caution. Thank you.

I like to think I won't be surprised. When I search for how to become a better writer, one common advice is to research things one would based stuff on. It took me some years to come to this version of Dominion of Mist/Liberty Sanction story of mine. It just seems like I'm overdoing it if I expect so much odd variables in an Rp that looks introductory, with no defined plot.

There's an old OOC here that I respect; Tennotochi: Uprising by Dethhollow/Sonic. The themes are all quite interesting, and believably oriental. I could tell some work was put into it.

I read the Elemental Championship Ocs and Ics(admittingly, just to stalk Legendium's works), it's easy to tell how much pms and collabs are done.
AQW  Post #: 312
12/12/2015 0:14:03   
Sigil

To do so "next time" infers that you're ignoring GM ruling. Afina clearly stated that your character is not immune to this. This is an opportunity given to edit post and run for the tavern before one turns to chunky salsa. To allow your character immunity gives him a distinct advantage over the situation, yet another brought to light in the IC without GM input. (Unless, of course, you had those worked out with Afina privately, in which case I withdraw the statement.)

Did you even ask if, considering the nature of your character, this would be an issue? Or for Woyadei's millipede? Or his leather jacket? Weapon?

Moreover, did you notice what isn't being affected? Assuming that this is normal (and I hesitate to use that word) acid, or even acid at all, is dangerous. You won't need an exit post. You'll need a mop.

Good rule of thumb: If it isn't specifically mentioned in the CS (pre-edit), confer with the GM.
AQW  Post #: 313
12/12/2015 0:28:26   
Remaint

I do not mean to infer ignorance. Perhaps it's better I state "I will do what I can to prevent this situation from occurring once more."

Again, I'd rather exit than to warp something I planned. (So what if Woyadei has an advantage that's distinct? Stories aren't made through equality)

I didn't even ask. (Woyadei doesn't have a leather jacket)

The buildings and plants have not begun to liquefy in any accelerated pace in Afina's post. But I'm not sure it's appreciated that I speculate as to why. Afina did state to let the story run its course, come what may.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/12/2015 0:47:55 >
AQW  Post #: 314
12/12/2015 2:02:12   
Apocalypse

Again, any funny formatting may be to usual phone-post-on-train. Usual apologies and charging rates may apply.

@Remaint: Stories may not be made through equality, but this is still a game. Games depend on equality for all its players (not uniformity, but characters should be on the same level, even if they're skills widely differ).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 315
12/12/2015 2:14:44   
Remaint

Well, battlefield-wise our characters will all be on the same level. A rain of arrows will do as much harm to Woyadei as anyone else, barring the two dragons.

Fighting big things, like dinosaurs and golems will equalise everyone as well. Lightning and polearm will only go so far.

Even fighting a group of 13 should equalise things a fair bit.

It's only in certain environmental situations where Woyadei would behave differently to others, and even then, what's there to gain? In fact, I probably lose an opportunity to develop Woyadei in the same manner as others. Really, it's my lost, plot-wise.

(Do note the setting is Lore. It feels a bit odd, having to down-grade characters so much.)

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/12/2015 2:16:48 >
AQW  Post #: 316
12/12/2015 10:53:00   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

How to put this without coming off as a complete and total douche of a Gm....~shrugs~

Frankly, your character and attitude are a problem. The character itself it seems is a bit over powered and you refuse to play it as anything else.

In the bio it states he has high resistances to both magical and mortal wounds - but you have the clause in there that he has the same durability as a human. Going of this, if Sana is injured, being human, by the rain, your character would be as well.

It is not stated if the rain is acid, or magical. I have only given a result of what happens when it touches flesh thus far. It does not mean it is or is not acid.

Now, also in your bio you state the following - Skin: Dead-pale, like a corpse. - here in ooc you state - Woyadei's an undead soldier with fake skin and other-worldly bones, this situation should be absolutely normal to him. - that is one, no where in you bio, so that doesn't fly and two - not being told what the rain is made of or where it comes from you cannot by any stretch of the imagination state that this would be normal for your character. That is a God mod, only the one controlling what the rain is and where it is from could determine this.

Yes, setting is lore but much of what you are facing is not Lore based or has been altered greatly to put things at the level in which I choose to run this rp. That is a GM thing, but nothing I am placing into the rp is outside the realms of scenarios that have not already been run here on AQ in the past. (with the approval of admins and mods) - but honestly that is neither here nor there because the rp is on a generalized fantasy setting that fits lores background.

This rp, as I have stated before, is placing all your characters at a mid level range, except Sana who is a bit higher since she is for support and example that everyone can have a base line to draw from. So all characters will be effected in some way. It isn't down grading characters, it is keeping them playable instead of going - okay you are now at NPC level, too strong, start a new one. The skills, races, weapons, spells, possessions in almost everyone's character has something that isn't pure Lore and that is fine. That is part of what RP is, to create new and experiment. But it has to be within certain limitations and for me, the only true limitation is making something overpowered. (It just ruins the fun for everyone except the person in charge of character personally.)

Now normally, with certain things, I don't have an issue with a character not taking damage here and there or getting a one hit kill. These moments can and do happen in any rp. But to just assume that when you see one character suddenly take damage, name it what you will, assume what you will and determine you can go play in it as if it Where nothing is arrogance of the highest caliber that is not only aggravating to a gm and but an insult to others who are rping in such a way to drive character development.

With your character as is, the way you conduct yourself both in rp and ooc - it leaves little of anything of a reason to actually be in the rp other than to "show off."

I have run into these types before in rp, in fact the last Rp I hosted on Rpg with Sana had an undead that conducted himself in the same manner you do.

I was left with two options - ignore or kick.

Now you, I see potential. You could be an amazingly effective rper with a whimsical panache if you would step down from the box, take a step back and learn.

Why so blunt earlier with no explanation? Because previously trying to speak to you about anything that does not turn out your way has led to problems both in ooc, a barrage of pm's from rpers and even face to face irl debates with some about what is going on. It's a headache and I don't rp or gm for headaches.

Now, had you asked for more detail in ooc - I would have provided more information. Admittedly not much because I cannot say certain things ooc that could give too many details away ic.

Things like - Hey, Afi, I have a high resistance to magical and mortal wounds, how is this rain going to effect me personally? That I could answer.

Things like - is it acid? I couldn't yet because no character has yet to try to "examine" said rain.

Why didn't I just go ahead and say how it will damage each character individually? Simple, I want to see how each will react with the information provided. This lets me know who needs less guidance, who needs more and who is good to go and I can trust with more in-depth knowledge later on.

Again, I stated bluntly to you because explaining in the past has done no good and nothing seems to be learned. You have potential to be a great rper, but to be great in rp means more than writing well. It also means following the lead of the others, stepping up when needed and listening to the gm. Other rp forums Gm word is more than final, it is God and can get you blacklisted from future rps.

Now, will what I have said here make a difference or will I be faced with another long monologue that leaves me rubbing my temples say "why do I even try?"

The choice is yours.

Ask questions, I'll answer a much as a gm can without giving out too much information. Be a condescending rper who just won't listen and I'll be left with the ignore or kick option. (Which I have only kicked 1 person from rp in 30+ years of rp)

As far as Krey goes, he should be back from his Honeymoon on the 13th, so I suspect we will hear from them not long after that. I got to see pictures and video of the wedding, it was beautiful, but haven't heard anything since, so I figure he is just enjoying his time with his beautiful new bride. ^^
Post #: 317
12/12/2015 11:31:55   
Remaint

Thanks for the in-depth response, Afina. If you don't mind, I'll make an exit post(without any further godmodding, I hope). I think I've made too many mistakes describing Woyadei in this rp to salvage him.

Can I get a link to the rp with the other undead character? He/she seems interesting.

(Insignificant, but controversial comments)
Fake skin tends to look corpse-ish.
Similar to human does not mean exactly human. The most common force in relation to durability seems to be kinetic, and being undead implies consisting of something else chemically.
What if, the unknown and corrosive is normal? Corrosion is the gradual breaking of bonds, there's only so far one can go with it.
Again, levels don't really matter in regards to context. Galleon-Dreadnought analogy, Sana's only human.
What would be the reason for rping in an rp titled 'Getting to Know You', other than showing off?
I don't think people should get headaches from Gm-ing roleplays. This is a game that's relatively easy to correct. I tend to be amuse when confronted with these situations.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/12/2015 12:28:07 >
AQW  Post #: 318
12/12/2015 11:48:21   
Draycos777

quote:

I couldn't yet because no character has yet to try to "examine" said rain. 

Well, that's not completely true and considering that you didn't say anything, either you didn't see it or Arche's observation was ok.
AQ  Post #: 319
12/12/2015 12:30:12   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Actually it is very true Draycos since I was referring to the time in which Rem posted. Now I have read yours but since I have not responded in IC yet I haven't been able to give a more in-depth break down to what is going on. I will in my next post once at least one more rper posts. (But as far as ooc knowledge goes since it has now officially been brought up by an rper in ooc- the damage to the item is appropriate, I will give more information in my next post though.)

Though with the speed you post, maybe a good time to instill a minimal of 3 other posts between last post rotation to keep things from moving too quickly.

So yeah, gonna throw that down for now.

Minimal 3 unique Rper posts between last post.

Example -

I post
Sigil Posts
Krey Posts
Draycos Posts
--Now I can post again.

< Message edited by Afina -- 12/12/2015 12:31:59 >
Post #: 320
12/12/2015 13:16:56   
Apocalypse

@Afina: Just for clarification sake, does this new 3-unique posts rule trump the previous 4 days posting rule, or vice versa? Just in case.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 321
12/12/2015 13:20:15   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Yes, it trumps the 4 day rule. Now if more than 4 days pass from the Last post in the ic but 3 people haven't posted since your last you may post again.
Post #: 322
12/12/2015 21:17:03   
Apocalypse

@Afina: Cool. And might I ask how the rain affects wood and glass? (Since Nilburke has a bit in glasses and there's some droplets on the outside that will drip into the table. No effect, melting, smoldering, etc)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 323
12/13/2015 8:26:59   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

The glass will be unaffected, the table will smoke a bit, just a tiny bit and at most perhaps a singe mark where drop hit as it evaporates. No real break down in the material that would be of concern.
Post #: 324
12/14/2015 0:05:51   
Apocalypse

Okay, I think I've followed those parameters. Also, Nilburke's studying of it is not a quick process. As the night goes in, he'll be picking up different attributes of it at a steady rate. Identifying, of course, depends on how rare the rain is and if it is even Lorian (more than likely, he'll just have a description of it and how it "works")
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 13 of 19«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition