Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Hallows Inn OCC -ReBorn- (accepting)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hallows Inn OCC -ReBorn- (accepting)
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2015 13:28:11   
Remaint

If Kitsondra is the Queen of Illusions, then will Guglilmo be the Guardian of Illusions? :o
AQW  Post #: 76
12/24/2015 14:53:41   
Draycos777

Not quite, but you aren't far off either Rem:)
AQ  Post #: 77
12/25/2015 16:47:56   
black knight 1234567

So, yeah. I drifted off on the last Inn because of real life and because it became an overtly convoluted mess by the end, what's the story right now?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
12/25/2015 21:16:45   
Remaint

A mystic fog has enveloped Blackwater, preventing people from leaving. Shadow foxes attacked, forcing Marietta(Kell), Sera(Gingkage), Kitsondra+Shuyi(Draycos) to take defense. Reinforcements in the form of Essex(Legendium) and Folliwen(my own) arrived. The master of the foxes appeared and bound the names listed with mystic vines with the exception of Kitsondra. Guglilmo is his name, an npc controlled by Draycos. He desires Kitsondra's sword.

Sorlan is not dead, and the current party could quite use his slayer-expertise! (At this point, you could probably spawn him anywhere not too far from the tavern, the main area of conflict).

Vlad Vorgensson(TJ's new character) and Corvus(Vanir's new character, his old one is deceased) are outside of the gates. Vlad hollered for someone to open the gates after he heard combative noises.

A good re-introduction of Sorlan, or another if you would so favour(Draycos allows a character change), could be him opening the gates or simply sucker-blasting Guglilmo X)

(Good to have you back, I hope to see more of your material!(especially with Sorlan))

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/25/2015 21:25:37 >
AQW  Post #: 79
12/25/2015 21:27:36   
Riprose123

If I was interested in joining Hallows, from what page of the IC should I start reading to get caught up on the current goings ons?
DF MQ  Post #: 80
12/25/2015 21:34:03   
Remaint

It depends on how far back your intended character's history with Blackwater is, but otherwise page 11 is fine~
AQW  Post #: 81
12/26/2015 15:18:35   
black knight 1234567

Oooh exciting. I have an easy alibi for Sorlan's disappearance [found a contract on the road, came back to this mess] and I do like the character, but on the other hand i'm not sure if his power level is apt for this RP since I was getting wacked around left and right in the previous IC. People started submitting some insanely powerful characters.

Grr decisions decisions....
Were you involved in the first IC, Remaint?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 82
12/26/2015 18:08:35   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Quick note that I'll be trying to post tomorrow. Holiday delays on this end. Hope everyone is doing well.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 83
12/26/2015 21:00:01   
Remaint

Good alibi~

Maybe all you need is to be a bit more creative in using Sorlan's abilities; he is a Master of magic afterall :D

quote:

Sorlan is a master of the art of magic, his expertise being monster hunting so his abilities are mostly centered around spells of light and fire, including but not limited to:

Magical Blasts:

Inferno: Unleashes a small blast of fire around him, helpful if surrounded and outnumbered.

Blinding Light: Unleashes rays of light fro his hands, lighting his path and blinding monsters sensitive to such magic, potentially causing burns to vampires, but never quite killing them. Isn't easy to constantly keep up.

A cunning individual capable of improvisational action on the fly,

Cunning use of Blinding Light could be very potent, and I could suggest a few spells for him(that he might have picked up on his road hunt):

Banishing Light: Unleashes radiant energy that cleanses himself and perhaps allies of immediate curses, sickness and illusions. (So anti combat DoTs & nerfs, and not something like cancer or strong curses cast long before). People adapt quite quickly when they need to, and it was a matter of time before Slayer Sorlan gained a counter ability to beings like Kitsondra who don't entirely rely on physical prowess.

Brimstone Bindings: Searing hot chains of hellfire spring forth from a portal spawned underneath the opponent's feet, binding them tightly. Sometimes Sorlan's opponents are stronger, or move notably faster him; immobilisation should remedy this issue, and rub salt in the wound by inflicting burns. Sorlan might have gotten some inspiration from observing how Ripper and Jagger fought(those two Nazha bound freaking Kenet, a spell like theirs would serve Sorlan wonderfully!).

At the very least, Sorlan would find an easy ally in Folliwen, Vlad and Corvus, who are all slayers in their own ways. Folliwen in particular is, for the most part, a crap pyromancer, so Sorlan would impress and gain her respect without doing too much(thus gaining her as a sort of suboordinate and another means to firepower). The defining trait of humanity in fantasy is teamwork, and I would bet that these four slayers could overcome near anything this rp would throw at them if they combine their efforts.

I was not involved with the first IC, Knight. I read a bunch of it, however, and I found Sorlan's misadventures with Heinrich to be damned hilarious!

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/26/2015 21:45:06 >
AQW  Post #: 84
12/27/2015 1:13:34   
Master K

I don't quite know where to jump back in is the thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
12/27/2015 1:28:02   
Remaint

Being used to keeping secrets, Marcelline is a careful girl, yeah?

You could depict her as having been observant and highly cautious, having taken note that it is the wiser choice to remain obscure and out of action. Only until the present will she have remarked, plotted or otherwise acted. She was keeping a low profile within the Hallow's In, and only now will she intend to do something(or not).

Marcelline is notably the one existing healer in Hallow's In; I'm rather assured that she will play a very important role. Her Light spell is significantly less strenuous than Sorlan's, so she will play a potent role in illumination as well.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/27/2015 1:35:50 >
AQW  Post #: 86
12/27/2015 1:36:20   
Riprose123

If Gadrin is unacceptable, I have a few other bios that I think could fit Hallows quite well.

Name: Gadrin the Lonely, Gadrin the Hermit, Gadrin Silvertongue, Gadrin the Elemental, Gadrin the Teacher, or, simply, Gadrin.
Age/Race/Gender: 29/Human/Male
Physical Appearance: Gadrin stands at 5'6", short, stocky, and compact, his chest and arms barreled in pleasant fat and hard muscle. His skin is tan, and scarred in quite a few places. A large, thick, and overgrown brown beard covers much of his face. Two bright blue eyes sparkle with clever, seemingly ancient wisdom, even though their face is in the prime of his adulthood. His arms, back, and chest are scarred in many places, but all are silver, faint, and do very little to add any ugliness to his body. Gadrin's teeth are white, which is apparent, given the many grins he shows to those who encounter him in good nature. His hair has grown down to his shoulders, and with no one to tame it, has become thick, tangled, and mane-like in appearance. His hands are rough, calloused, and hard, resembling leather, but are gentle, skilled, and clever.
Armor/Clothing: Gadrin normally wears cloth robes, or pants and shirts made of the same material. He forgoes armor, not trusting his safety to sun dried dead skin, or the wares of men's hammers. His robes range from dirty brown to light blue, as do his other clothes, all in the same colors. Some are patched with odd material, and carefully sewn to near perfection. A few things remain standard on each and every outfit, though. Firstly, he wears a rough leather belt, pouches hanging off it as it circles his waist, used more for storage than to hold his pants up. Next, a crown made of holly upon his head, covered with leaves and berries, with a pointy grey hat atop that, much akin to those often associated with wizards. He carries a satchel around his shoulder at all times, and inside are innumerable things, so many, in fact, that it seems the bag is bottomless, the vast number of items it carries, from books, to string, to bandages and more. Lastly is his cloak, made out of the hide of a large grizzly bear, the teeth still intact and the head acting as a hood.
Weapons: Gadrin carries only a knife on his belt, made from the bone of bear, but this is a tool, not a weapon like many would believe. Instead, he utilizes his one true talent to protect himself. In three of the pouches on his belt lie iron, lead, and silver, all of which act as quite potent weapons, given the command, name, and the power of his arms behind them. He can form them into gauntlets, blades, axes, even maces, but does so only in self defense. The amount matters not; the bit he carries answers his call readily.
Other Items: Gadrin carries a number of items in his satchel, ranging from frying pans to first aid equipment to books to personal journals. He posses no gold, though, but instead carries an odd array of novelty items, as well as herbs from deep in the forest, and even a few hides to trade in town instead of currency.
Skills: Gadrin is skilled in many things, but he is a master at none but one. He is well versed in cooking, cleaning, wound treatment, and sewing, having lived in a cabin in the woods for so many years. He can play the flute, and has an ear for music, and posses a rich baritone to boot, a kingly singing voice in it's own right. Gadrin is a skilled woodworker, fashioning many of the things in his cabin, as well as the sound structure itself. Gadrin is well versed in botany, able to peer into a seemingly indistinguishable mass of plants and pull those with beneficial properties out. He is something of an ametuer alchemist, but doesn't posses the materials or information to craft anything advanced. Gadrin can track fairly well, but is nowhere near as skilled as some of the hunters in the woods. Having studied many a text on war, Gadrin is a skilled tactician, having already been a cunning mind before his rampant consumption of all that is written. He can also read and write, and is a fair hand at sketching, as well. Gadrin speaks a multitude of languages, being fluent in Common Trade, elvish, dwarf, to even a smattering of ancient and dead tongues, as well as the grunting of some of the more monsterous beasts. Gadrin even claims to be able to converse with animals, flame, and even the wind itself, though this is under heavy speculation
Abilities: Gadrin posses the ability to name. Namely, he is open to the world and that which makes it up, and is able to read the elements in a way like no other he has known, giving them a name, and thusly, bringing them under his control. For example, if he names the wind, he can stop it with a simple word, or force it to blow much harder than it originally was. These names often change as the things they belong to change. Some are slow to change, like stone, metals, and the wood of trees, while some change with each passing second, like the wind, the water, or the dancing tendrils of fire. Discovering the names of elements makes them much easier to name later, and the more he names a specific thing, the easier it is for him to read it later on. He knows the names of many things due to intense years of study, but there is also much he does not posses, and for this reason, he keeps his senses open. Gadrin has never studied, nor had the will to name sentient beings, and these two factors make it impossible for him to utter the names of humans, elves, dwarves, or anything else alive, feeling, and able to shape the world.
History: Gadrin was born on an uncertain date to uncertain parents. He was a silent baby, never uttering a cry during his birth, and if it were not for his large, always looking eyes, and his grasping, dancing hands, they might have thought him a stillborn. He was raised, and when it finally came that he was old enough to speak, he was taught just as well as any other child. But his first word was truly extraordinary. He called a word that was both perfectly clear, but indistinguishable to his parents, who could not comprehend what the boy had said. With this call came the wind, which roared through the house, knocking open shutters, ripping things off the wall, all accompanied by the bliss filled, lilting of a small child. After the wind subsided, the parents talked for long over their child, and after long discussion, decided it was best to continue to raise him, and hope for the best. These strange occurrences did not cease, however. THere were many a time that Gadren would seem to say something, but nothing would be heard, and then, something would answer his call. That first time it was the wind, and others it was stone, flame, and even a silver necklace his mother wore. Fearing his gift was actually a curse, they sent their child away, and Gadren was left to wander the woods or Darkwald at only 16 years of age. For awhile, he accompanied folks he met, making friends with those more accepting of his odd ways of talking and incredible gift. After he turned eighteen, however, he decided to find a home, and wandered into the woods. He was not seen for two years. Then, he returned to town, traded a large amount of hides for some food and a good number of books, and disappeared again, presumably to a cabin of some sort. He now lives in the woods, and aids the lost traveler if need be, and provides those with good intentions a hot meal, a place to sleep, and a hearth to talk by when they need it. His cabin is well known, standing in a rare clearing, with a spring running near it. The clearing is referred to by the locals as "Good Bear's Grove", and is known as a sort of safe haven from the normally unrelenting danger of the woods. It seems the more monstrous creatures stay away from Gadrin's home, while animals never make a hostile action within the grove. It is a place of safety for all beings, sentient, animal, or other. Gadrin goes into town more frequently, for books, paper, and other miscellaneous supplies.

< Message edited by Riprose123 -- 12/27/2015 2:05:51 >
DF MQ  Post #: 87
12/27/2015 2:32:29   
Remaint

I personally find Gadrin to be completely acceptable given his mysterious(almost frightening) and utilitarian nature(good job on those parts Riprose!), and I am currently asking Draycos if I have the authority to accept bios.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/27/2015 2:34:09 >
AQW  Post #: 88
12/27/2015 2:33:45   
Riprose123

Are you some sort of cohost, Remaint? I've seen you post a lot in the OOC as far as suggestions and such, and just thought that you were both enthusiastic and wonderfully helpful.
DF MQ  Post #: 89
12/27/2015 2:36:24   
Remaint

Yes, I am co-hosting Hallows' Inn alongside Draycos. TJ had been away for awhile, and if it wasn't for Draycos' idea to act as a host for Hallows, it would have ended by choice of TJ when he returned. I intend to be an enthusiastic and ideas-assisting co-host :)

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/27/2015 2:42:47 >
AQW  Post #: 90
12/27/2015 2:42:08   
Riprose123

I see. *SAlutes, clicking his heels at attention*M An honor to RP under you then, sir!
DF MQ  Post #: 91
12/27/2015 2:44:32   
Remaint

*Salutes in return*

At ease, comrade! I am but a humble newcomer to this forum, granted a hopeful responsibility!

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/27/2015 2:45:21 >
AQW  Post #: 92
12/27/2015 2:55:42   
Riprose123

So is everyone in town still, or scattered throughout the forest a bit? I've read the last page of the IC, but am a little confused on positions, especially that of Sera and Marietta (Sorry for any name mispellings)
DF MQ  Post #: 93
12/27/2015 3:57:40   
Remaint

In basis, everyone with the exception of Shrike is near the town gates or in Blackwater itself. Everyone else with the exception of Vlad, Sorlan and Corvus are near or around the front of the Hallows' Inn, including Sera and Marietta.

(If they truly aren't, we could simply say the many-movements of their fights led them toward the front of the Inn. Due to conflict's unstable nature, it's not out of the ordinary for fights to spiral off from their original positions.)

< Message edited by Remaint -- 12/27/2015 6:00:40 >
AQW  Post #: 94
12/27/2015 8:26:10   
Draycos777

Actually, Shrike is in blackwater as well.

Rip, is see no really no to accept Gadrin.

If you want the best understanding of blackwater's current state, I would read from the middle of page ten to the current end.

@Master K: This arc is almost done, so I'd want til then to jump back in if you're unsure.

@BK: Welcome Back:) I look forward to rp'ing with you again in the Hallows. Maybe this time you will have giving up on making Kit's life harder? Yes..no?
AQ  Post #: 95
12/27/2015 11:08:37   
black knight 1234567

I'll try to reintroduce Sorlan either later today or tomorrow.

As for Kit, we'll see. :P
Is her vampire nature revealed to everybody?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 96
12/27/2015 12:26:29   
Riprose123

@Draycos you don't see what to what accept Gadrin?
DF MQ  Post #: 97
12/27/2015 13:14:46   
Draycos777

@BK: no, not yet.

@rip: sorry, autocorrect. I don't see any reason not to accept him.
AQ  Post #: 98
12/28/2015 9:38:49   
Kooroo

Shrike is just kinda standing by the cart.

I have a post that has him moving to watch the fight, but I didn't really feel like posting it since it adds incredibly little.
So I'm just sitting back here for now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
12/28/2015 12:43:52   
black knight 1234567

This roleplay is cursed. This is the fourth time I lose a post I was happy with to the bloody back arrow.

Screw you Chrome :(

< Message edited by black knight 1234567 -- 12/28/2015 13:37:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hallows Inn OCC -ReBorn- (accepting)
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition