Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: When Heroes Fail - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: When Heroes Fail - OOC
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2016 22:13:16   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

The intention is to head for the Heart of the City after breaking engagement with the Saints. Best laid plans though.

Just a heads up: I'll be out of town this weekend. I will still be available on IRC in the evenings if you need to reach me, and I've made arrangements to hopefully answer any PMs that might come along as well.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 176
3/5/2016 23:27:30   
Apocalypse

I have a post draft ready - will be checking it in a second and putting it up.

And man, so much hate for Hendrik. He's just trying his best, pirate's honor.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 177
3/5/2016 23:38:18   
Vanir

Finally got my post up, sorry about the wait. I now think it expresses all that I wish it to.

Hey, Flannagon supports Hendrik wholly. They are companions in blood. Albeit, he would think charging in like that to be foolish.

Other note, I will be unavailable during the next two weekends. I will look for any opportunity to post something short during the weekdays.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
3/8/2016 10:44:23   
Draycos777

I'll try having a post up tomorrow.
AQ  Post #: 179
3/8/2016 22:15:18   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Post is up, we'll be heading for the Temple, so if you're coming with, get on the train. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 180
3/8/2016 22:56:20   
Remaint

I have a tendency to expect Kitsondra when I read Kits and Sondre. Doesn't help that if the latter are put together, they have the same pronunciation as the former.

With the tavern spontaneously combusting, Selene should really move her head away from the window~
AQW  Post #: 181
3/9/2016 21:34:05   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Just a note, I threw so additional information into my Q&A post. Thanks to Remaint for prompting that bit.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 182
3/12/2016 23:54:12   
Apocalypse

PMed Kell for quick approval. Should all go well, post will be up tomorrow.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 183
3/18/2016 2:19:40   
Remaint

Pardon my posting delays, I've caught sickness.
AQW  Post #: 184
3/18/2016 17:27:42   
Draycos777

no probz Remi^^
AQ  Post #: 185
3/20/2016 2:59:23   
Remaint

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.
AQW  Post #: 186
3/20/2016 10:02:06   
Apocalypse

Post coming up later today.

EDIT: @Castarter - has control of Logre been formerly switched to you? I was just still under the impression that Logre and his buddies were fair game (leaving him alive, at least) when Hendrik made his attack. Want to clear up the confusion as we currently have two conflicting series of events in place.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 3/23/2016 1:01:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 187
3/23/2016 13:07:24   
Draycos777

waiting on remi's post before I put one up. Don't wanna leave him too far behind.
AQ  Post #: 188
3/23/2016 14:53:00   
Caststarter

The thing is Apoc is that during the entire situation, it was very, very awkward to just abruptly change who had Logre. Yet there had to be at some point that it had to happen. I think it should be more about that Logre got back out whereas the other two took the hit. If anything, he just looked at things and went "nope. Not going further due to how batter up these last two are. Time to change plans." I will just edit and clarify but I was honestly a bit under heavy pressure due to not doing things.

Though I REALLY want to apologize for that... stupidity of mine. I should have kept schedule. Promise to do whatever I can to not let it happen again.

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 3/23/2016 14:59:32 >
DF  Post #: 189
3/25/2016 21:59:54   
Vanir

I shall be able to post on Monday. Thank you for your patience with me this month.

Arriving at the Temple presents Flannagon with considerable and unavoidable conflict. I think I will have him sneak away from the group to face his demons alone. I am imagining something particularly diabolical.

Are there any other entrances to the Temple besides the front door?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
3/26/2016 9:52:31   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

The temple has several side entrances. Flannagon would be aware of them given his past. These vary from service and delivery entrances to a pair of actual secret passages. The secret passages are probably inadvisable. Getting to them would require breaking into one of the buildings around the Plaza, which entails a deal of risk.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 191
3/28/2016 17:13:54   
Remaint

(Thank you for your patience)
AQW  Post #: 192
4/2/2016 9:05:12   
Draycos777

I'll work on having a post up soon.
AQ  Post #: 193
4/5/2016 1:38:38   
Remaint

Are there only 3 Saints in the Plaza?
AQW  Post #: 194
4/5/2016 12:49:35   
Apocalypse

If I'm doing my math right, there should be 2 left. (12 at the beginning minus 2 dead minus 6 chasing Hendrik minus 2 that went back into the Temple)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 195
4/5/2016 18:32:19   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Apoc has it right here. There are two left outside and two more inside with Tahir. The rest went after Hendrik.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 196
4/7/2016 3:07:29   
Remaint

It may read like it, but rest assured that I am not trying to piss upon Kell's description of the little things regarding combat. My Ic post is simply my/Seiserna's view on tridents, shield&maces and general combat essentials. So bare with me, as I would describe these tools similarly outside of this rp.

~~(sort of proof that I am truly not trying to crap on Kell's work)

Strength and speed aren't too significant of factors in armed combat. Having a greater capacity to lift or push would not yield great benefits to armed combat, as any striking advantage gained from muscle is lacklustre compared to the default damage a sword or axe can do. Higher strength assists when swords are crossed and combatants are pressing against one another, but as any competent armed martial artist knows, there is far, far more to armed fighting than the press of blades.

Due to the anatomy of our limbs, we could not effectively move quicker than a certain limit. One competent swordsman would not noticeably swing his weapon faster than another, even incompetent swordsman. It is instead much better to learn when, to act, by studying when the opponent moves. The anatomical motions of the human body flows in such a way, that it is impossible to disguise, just how slow the core of the body moves as it attempts to accelerate the lighter appendages surrounding them. The shoulder drives your arm, your arm drives your hand, your hand drives your sword. And you cannot strike unless your legs carry you over to your opponent. It is certainly easily observed, that the shoulder and the legs move far slower than the sword, so slow as to be noticeable even to those with poor sight. Learning when to act as your opponent moves their slowest body parts is the key to being fast, not simply moving faster.

When one looks upon the usage of polearms, particularly by the Europeans, whether by glancing about centuries-old treatises or modern practitioners, one would find that the wielders of the hafted weapons often have their hands close to the centre of the staff. On the surface, this may seem counter intuitive, for such hand placement would seemingly negate the poleweapons' reach, and easily put them in range of a sword. Yet when one carefully analyses how frequently hooks, spikes, and various projections exist upon things like halberds, guisarmes and glaives, and how frequently the sliding thrust is done within the weapons systems, one may realise that such polearms are not limited to their maximum reach, and that one may wield such tools quite contently in the range of the sword. I would personally describe these complex polearms, and even non complex polearms, for even a simple spear may achieve powerful, leverage-backed parries and lightning-fast thrusts at near any range, as extendable swords. For just as a sword these polearms are fast, nimble and versatile, yet unlike a sword, their reach is variable, and that is one of their most potent strengths.

Throughout history we can see that, one on one, few against few, the polearm handedly triumphs over the sword. (And many-against-many too, but formation fighting is another topic)

A fencing master of the late 16th century, George Silver, recounts that an Italian Rapierist was quite soundly beaten by an English boatman equipped with a humble oar.

This may sound quite absurd, but if we look at the far East, we read that master swordsman Musashi won a duel, wielding a mere boat oar against another person, armed with a sharpened sword.

To go to an extreme, there is an account of an Englishman who defeated no less than three Spanish swordsmen all armed with rapiers and sideswords, using only a quarterstaff.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 4/7/2016 11:09:40 >
AQW  Post #: 197
4/11/2016 20:20:11   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Hey folks, just a quick note: Work was brutal last week, and this week is not looking any better. I'm going to do everything I can to get a post up tomorrow, but there may be a delay to Wednesday. I'll keep you posted.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 198
4/20/2016 15:14:40   
Remaint

How many people are within the Spear's room?
AQW  Post #: 199
4/20/2016 19:52:02   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

At the moment, Cendra, Tahir, and the remaining Saint. Flannagon and another temple attendant/scribe are in a hall adjoining the nave. They would be able to hear the conversation from there. No one is trying to keep their voices down after all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: When Heroes Fail - OOC
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition